PDA

View Full Version : A NEW RUSH DVD!!!!

Der Flöprer
04-23-2006, 11:23 AM
http://rush.com/php/home.php?f=1

Rush is coming out with a new dvd box set entitled "Replay X3" which will include 3 live concerts that are out of print. There is a God..........now if I could just score some smoke. ;)

Katipan
04-23-2006, 11:34 AM
I'd send you some if that wasn't horribly illegal and something i would never dream of doing ever in my whole life ever.

hypersensitiveZO6
04-23-2006, 11:57 AM

Rush is coming out with a new dvd box set entitled "Replay X3" which will include 3 live concerts that are out of print. There is a God..........now if I could just score some smoke. ;)

I imagine you celebrated 4/20 as much as I celebrate christmas.

chiefsfaninNC
04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I'd send you some if that wasn't horribly illegal and something i would never dream of doing ever in my whole life ever.

I bet you once said the same thing about hooking up through the internet.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
mods please move this to musicplanet. my bad :)

Fat Elvis
04-23-2006, 01:06 PM
There isn't enough weed in the world to make me watch 3 Rush concerts.

Halfcan
04-23-2006, 03:11 PM

I was going to post this three weeks ago, but didn't want to hear all the Rush haters cry about it. This should be a really awesome set. I have all of them on VHS, but don't have a VCR that works anymore. I thought they did an excellent job on R30 and look forward to their new CD by the end of the year.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I was going to post this three weeks ago, but didn't want to hear all the Rush haters cry about it. This should be a really awesome set. I have all of them on VHS, but don't have a VCR that works anymore. I thought they did an excellent job on R30 and look forward to their new CD by the end of the year.

I understand. I'm a patriotic guy and all, but I know talent when I hear it. I know most people who hate Rush do so because they know that while they started off emulating Led Zepplin they turned out to be a far more influential, and superior band. Most God loving, classic rock listening americans can't handle that. It's cool though, jaded as they may be we rushians know brilliance when we hear it.

jspchief
04-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I understand. I'm a patriotic guy and all, but I know talent when I hear it. I know most people who hate Rush do so because they know that while they started off emulating Led Zepplin they turned out to be a far more influential, and superior band. Most God loving, classic rock listening americans can't handle that. It's cool though, jaded as they may be we rushians know brilliance when we hear it.Something is wrong with my monitor because when I look at your post it looks like it says Rush is more influential than and superior to Led Zeppelin.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Something is wrong with my monitor because when I look at your post it looks like it says Rush is more influential than and superior to Led Zeppelin.

I'm shocked this response took 12 minutes.

Fat Elvis
04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Led Zeppelin is the ONLY band in the world that sucks more nuts than Rush. It is a good thing they exist at pretty much the same point in the space-time continuum, otherwise the enormity of either one's suckitude would be so great as to force the universe to collapse in on itself. As it is, they both suck so much that they tend to counterbalance each other and the universe can continue to exist in relative equilibrium.

God help us should they ever form a supergroup. The suckage from that suckfest would annihilate the known universe in nothing flat.

Katipan
04-23-2006, 06:09 PM
I bet you once said the same thing about hooking up through the internet.

shit.

KcMizzou
04-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm shocked this response took 12 minutes.I just assumed you'd finally found some weed. Good stuff, too.

Halfcan
04-23-2006, 10:46 PM
I understand. I'm a patriotic guy and all, but I know talent when I hear it. I know most people who hate Rush do so because they know that while they started off emulating Led Zepplin they turned out to be a far more influential, and superior band. Most God loving, classic rock listening americans can't handle that. It's cool though, jaded as they may be we rushians know brilliance when we hear it.

Actually, I think they emulated The Who. Alex has stated his biggest influences are Pete Townsend and Jimmy Page. I would say Rush is under rated like the Who was, but bigger than Zep-that is a tough to say. Rush does not get enough credit for being influencial-that is for sure. The next CD should get back to their roots and really jam. Feedback and Vapor Trails, just proved they still Rock out.

Fat Elvis
04-23-2006, 11:09 PM
The Who kicks ass.

JBucc
04-23-2006, 11:11 PM
The Who kicks ass.Me too. I mean yeah I like them.

Halfcan
04-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Me too. I mean yeah I like them.

You should check out Rush's version of The Seeker. It is better than the original-by far. Of course every cover on Feedback is better than the original.

htismaqe
04-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Actually, I think they emulated The Who. Alex has stated his biggest influences are Pete Townsend and Jimmy Page. I would say Rush is under rated like the Who was, but bigger than Zep-that is a tough to say. Rush does not get enough credit for being influencial-that is for sure. The next CD should get back to their roots and really jam. Feedback and Vapor Trails, just proved they still Rock out.

They don't get any credit for being influential because they weren't.

They were quite unique, but they weren't at all influential, as evidenced by the lack of bands emulating their style after they came out...

htismaqe
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM

Yeah, I'm sure it has to do with being patriotic, red-blooded Americans...especially since Led Zeppelin was from the UK...

Der Flöprer
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it has to do with being patriotic, red-blooded Americans...especially since Led Zeppelin was from the UK...

That's besides the point. And actually as far as influences go, I'll give you 1 huge band today that has stated their music was largely influenced by Rush. That band is..............TOOL

Halfcan
04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
It is funny that Rush is argued about nearly every day on the Planet? I have never seen a rock band so persecuted-except maybe Creed or Queen.

Halfcan
04-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Rush Gold is available now. It has a killer track list, that should really interest casual fans. I have everyone of those songs 10 times over in some form or another. Will buy it for the new artwork and to support the band on their way to 50 million units sold worldwide.

Nightwish
04-26-2006, 01:04 AM

Rush is coming out with a new dvd box set entitled "Replay X3" which will include 3 live concerts that are out of print.Woohoo, yes!!! One of them is Grace Under Pressure!!! I used to have that one on VHS, but it's been long out of print, and I've never seen it available on DVD. I've been dying to find it again, though, because that's one of the best Rush shows I've seen.

Der Flöprer
04-26-2006, 01:07 AM
I don't suppose one of them is the Grace Under Pressure tour is it? I used to have that one on VHS, but it's been long out of print, and I've never seen it available on DVD. I've been dying to find it again, though, because that's one of the best Rush shows I've seen.

As a matter of fact, that is one of the concerts that is included. That's the one I'm really excited to see, Natural Science is my favorite song of all time.

Nightwish
04-26-2006, 01:09 AM
As a matter of fact, that is one of the concerts that is included. That's the one I'm really excited to see, Natural Science is my favorite song of all time.
Yeah, after I posted that, I checked out your link and saw it for myself, so I edited my post above. Now I'm damn excited!

htismaqe
04-26-2006, 10:26 AM
It is funny that Rush is argued about nearly every day on the Planet? I have never seen a rock band so persecuted-except maybe Creed or Queen.

That usually happens when a few people hype a band that sucks.

kc rush
04-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Haters Haters Haters :shake:

I've given up trying to prove to people what a great band Rush is. To each their own. All I know is that I will enjoy the hell out of this.

My VHS for GUP and ASOH are in sad shape. I was never able to pick up ESL on video, that's the one I really want to see.

Nightwish
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM

I've given up trying to prove to people what a great band Rush is. To each their own. All I know is that I will enjoy the hell out of this.

My VHS for GUP and ASOH are in sad shape. I was never able to pick up ESL on video, that's the one I really want to see.
Rush is definitely an acquired taste, I have to admit. You either love 'em or hate 'em, there's not much indifference toward them out there. In my experience, many of those who hate them do so because they can't get past Geddy's voice, which is the textbook example of "acquired taste," lol. It took me awhile to get used to his voice, but once I did, I realized that although there are a ton of better singers out there, none of them would fit in Rush the way he does. He has improved a lot, though, in his later years.

Halfcan
04-26-2006, 09:45 PM

VHS was never the best format out there. Beta was always much better. To have these on DVD with new sound and color-is just too freakin cool. It should sell a couple million copies likes R30 or even get up there at 5 mil like Rush in Rio.

I hear they have 6 killer, hard rockin songs done for the new CD. I think they will blaze a new trail with a different sound again. I am thinking maybe we will get a few keyboards back. It is hard to say, since Feedback and Vaportrails were old school rock. Should be the best CD of 2006!! :clap:

Halfcan
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Rush is definitely an acquired taste, I have to admit. You either love 'em or hate 'em, there's not much indifference toward them out there. In my experience, many of those who hate them do so because they can't get past Geddy's voice, which is the textbook example of "acquired taste," lol. It took me awhile to get used to his voice, but once I did, I realized that although there are a ton of better singers out there, none of them would fit in Rush the way he does. He has improved a lot, though, in his later years.

Acquired? I hear what you are saying. I personally love the way he sings. The vocal work on 2112 and Farewell to Kings, was some of the best in music history. Yes his voice has lowered, but he still hits the high notes. Do this many folks bitch about Robert Plant, Geoff Tate, Rob Halford, Dio, they have sonic pipes-I just don't get it. I am so freakin sick of morons calling Geddy a fag, and he has a big nose, can't sing ect. He is the coolest, nicest, most down to earth rock star ever. He does tons of charity work and really appreciates the fans. Not to mention, he has a great sense of humor and is a family guy.

In this age when any thug can cuss in a microphone about slappin booty and shooting someone and still sell records-people bitch about the greatest singer in rock. :shake: :banghead:

Archie F. Swin
04-27-2006, 12:17 AM
so, how much will this X3 thing run me?

Der Flöprer
04-27-2006, 12:18 AM

I've posted this before but I'm gonna post it again because I think it rings true. People who hate Rush do so ONLY because of Geddys vocals. Those of us who love them however do so not only because of Geddys vocals, but the brilliance of the music created by this 3 man power trio. The time changes, the intimacy of the lyrics (the significance of this is that the songs aren't largely politically motivated, about the opposite sex, or drug related like most songs today), as well as the overall talent of each individual at his own instrument. Most people who don't even like the band will concede that the drummer and the bassist are if not the best in the world at their instrument top 3. To me Alex is underrated as well. He plays the ONLY guitar in the band. That in and of itself is an accomplishment to do it SO well.

Der Flöprer
04-27-2006, 12:19 AM
so, how much will this X3 thing run me?

no clue but i would guess around $30-$40

kc rush
04-27-2006, 08:27 AM
VHS was never the best format out there. Beta was always much better. To have these on DVD with new sound and color-is just too freakin cool. It should sell a couple million copies likes R30 or even get up there at 5 mil like Rush in Rio.

I hear they have 6 killer, hard rockin songs done for the new CD. I think they will blaze a new trail with a different sound again. I am thinking maybe we will get a few keyboards back. It is hard to say, since Feedback and Vaportrails were old school rock. Should be the best CD of 2006!! :clap:

Cool. Where did you hear this? Last I heard Geddy and Alex were jamming at Al's home studio and Neil was working on a few ideas in LA and they were shooting things back and forth.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Acquired? I hear what you are saying. I personally love the way he sings. The vocal work on 2112 and Farewell to Kings, was some of the best in music history. Yes his voice has lowered, but he still hits the high notes. Do this many folks bitch about Robert Plant, Geoff Tate, Rob Halford, Dio, they have sonic pipes-I just don't get it. I am so freakin sick of morons calling Geddy a fag, and he has a big nose, can't sing ect. He is the coolest, nicest, most down to earth rock star ever. He does tons of charity work and really appreciates the fans. Not to mention, he has a great sense of humor and is a family guy.

In this age when any thug can cuss in a microphone about slappin booty and shooting someone and still sell records-people bitch about the greatest singer in rock. :shake: :banghead:

ROFL

I agree with the parts in bold, you're absolutely correct.

The part in red, however, is laughable.

Halfcan
04-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Cool. Where did you hear this? Last I heard Geddy and Alex were jamming at Al's home studio and Neil was working on a few ideas in LA and they were shooting things back and forth.

Neil wrote a very cool article on Neil Peart.com about their recent meeting at his home in Montreal. They will be in the studio in May to finish five songs and maybe a few more.

He calls the music "Spiritual" whatever that means. I think we are going to be hearing a completely different sound.

kc rush
04-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Cool thanks for the info.

I'm excited that Alex will be doing more solos on this album. I love watching his technique live, especially on songs like Xanadu, Cygnus, and La Villa.

Halfcan
05-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Cool thanks for the info.

I'm excited that Alex will be doing more solos on this album. I love watching his technique live, especially on songs like Xanadu, Cygnus, and La Villa.

Yeah maybe we will hear some acoustic stuff.

kc rush
06-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Picking my copy up over lunch today. I am so geek, but I don't care.

Halfcan
06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Picking my copy up over lunch today. I am so geek, but I don't care.

The Best Buy version has extra songs that are not listed.

OBTW Neil just got voted Best Drummer in Rock again, plus 2 other categories. Anyone that thinks he is not the best is just sniffing glue too much.

Archie F. Swin
08-15-2006, 08:53 AM
OBTW Neil just got voted Best Drummer in Rock again, plus 2 other categories. Anyone that thinks he is not the best is just sniffing glue too much.

Its one of the most venomous debates among drummers. I feel probably 1 in 5 drummers would put him near the top of their best drummers lists.

ZepSinger
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
I dug the heck outta these guys from about '74-'78 or so. I think 2112 was the last album I really liked. I LOVED 'All the World's a Stage'.

I don't know, they just seemed to get too cerebral and musically complex after that. I have to admit, their musical chops(especially Neil's) are above reproach. Unfortunately, to me they just sounded like the musical equivalent of calculus after a certain point...

Z

Der Flöprer
08-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I dug the heck outta these guys from about '74-'78 or so. I think 2112 was the last album I really liked. I LOVED 'All the World's a Stage'.

I don't know, they just seemed to get too cerebral and musically complex after that. I have to admit, their musical chops(especially Neil's) are above reproach. Unfortunately, to me they just sounded like the musical equivalent of calculus after a certain point...

Z

I can't argue with this. I however, am an elementary musician. Just because their music is difficult though doesn't make it less great. IMO.

Der Flöprer
08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
ROFL

I agree with the parts in bold, you're absolutely correct.

The part in red, however, is laughable.

I've never heard you say a nice thing about Rush. While you may not like them, rep for at least respecting them. I feel they have earned and deserve the respect of anyone who appreciates music due solely to their skill, and creativity with their music

htismaqe
08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I've never heard you say a nice thing about Rush. While you may not like them, rep for at least respecting them. I feel they have earned and deserve the respect of anyone who appreciates music due solely to their skill, and creativity with their music

I say lots of good things about Rush, you just have to look. I can't stand their music, but you have to recognize talent, even if you don't like what it produces...

I believe I paid a pretty hefty compliment to Mr. NP...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3291624