PDA

View Full Version : when is mother's day?

KCChiefsMan
04-23-2006, 04:02 PM
it's not today is it? ....I hope it's not

VonneMarie
04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
It's in May.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 04:04 PM
A sunday in May :spock:

KCChiefsMan
It's in May.

good, so I didn't forget!

Crush
May 14th

VonneMarie
04-23-2006, 04:05 PM
good, so I didn't forget!
No! ROFL

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2006, 05:11 PM
it's not today is it? ....I hope it's notAre you serious? Noone can be this stoopid...

JBucc
04-23-2006, 05:12 PM
it's not today is it? ....I hope it's notNot mothers day, just your mother's birthday

greg63
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM

Why; isn't it every day????

chefsos
04-24-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't think you need to give that girl a card until you see the EPT with your own eyes.

BigMeatballDave
05-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Are you serious? Noone can be this stoopid...
ROFL Thanks for the neg rep. Dude, Mothers day has been in May for like - EVER. Seriously. This is like asking if you missed Christmas...

Ari Chi3fs
05-04-2006, 07:39 AM
My wifes birthday is April 27th, Mothers Day is May 14th, our anniversary is May 18th. These 3 weeks suck.

KcMizzou
05-04-2006, 08:05 AM
ROFL Thanks for the neg rep. Dude, Mothers day has been in May for like - EVER. Seriously. This is like asking if you missed Christmas...
I see.

So, did I?

King_Chief_Fan
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
My wifes birthday is April 27th, Mothers Day is May 14th, our anniversary is May 18th. These 3 weeks suck.

what? a mother and a wife is not important to you?

Dartgod
05-04-2006, 09:15 AM
My wifes birthday is April 27th, Mothers Day is May 14th, our anniversary is May 18th. These 3 weeks suck.Cry me a river. The month of May in my family is hell. I need to get a part time job just to afford the cards. Here's a rundown...

Anniversaries
My wife and me
My brother and sister-in-law
Also my sister before her divorce

Birthdays
My Mom
My Dad
My Sister
My Sister-in-law
A nephew
A neice

And then, of course, Mother's Day, which usually falls near or even sometimes on my Mom's birthday.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 09:32 AM
I hate the Hallmark tax. If I could go back in time, one of the top things on my list would be to kill the people who invented greeting cards and minor holidays.

Skip Towne
05-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I hate the Hallmark tax. If I could go back in time, one of the top things on my list would be to kill the people who invented greeting cards and minor holidays.
Do you have Dollar General stores where you are? They have ch... uh, inexpensive cards.

Kclee
05-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Mothers Day is to Redrum as Christmas is to kids.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Do you have Dollar General stores where you are? They have ch... uh, inexpensive cards.

If we do, they're out in the 'burbs somewhere. There isn't one anywhere near where I live.

I may just start making my own. My mom will think it's cute, and I can just scribble a note on a sheet of paper with a picture of a stick house and stick people in front of it. If it takes me five minutes to make it and saves me a $3 card, that's the equivalent of being paid $36 per hour as an artist.

FAX
05-04-2006, 09:45 AM
I think it's the day after "God, Just Get It Out!! I Want It Out!!" Day, Mr. KCChiefsMan.

FAX

JazzzLovr
05-04-2006, 10:11 AM

Holy shit, you have a mother?

Mother's Day is May 14. She deserves something REALLY nice. You should save up some Gucci poker chips money and buy her something special, like a Rolls Royce... or a beach house in California... or maybe a robot son who isn't such a total freaking idiot.

Skip Towne
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
If we do, they're out in the 'burbs somewhere. There isn't one anywhere near where I live.

I may just start making my own. My mom will think it's cute, and I can just scribble a note on a sheet of paper with a picture of a stick house and stick people in front of it. If it takes me five minutes to make it and saves me a $3 card, that's the equivalent of being paid $36 per hour as an artist.
That's a great idea. I'd add some comedy as well. Maybe put a tree and a cow in the front yard and have them both be the same size.

BucEyedPea
05-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Hey! Think of it as supporting poor starving artists...so that they're not poor starving artists. Beats govt funded arts programs and welfare right?
Buy a card!

But $36 per hour....ooooh! that is soooooo cheap!

FAX
05-04-2006, 10:27 AM

I think you may be on to something here, Mr. Rain Man. With all the tremendous talent on the Planet, we could make our own cards this year. There are some fabulous graphic artists here that could do hearts and flowers and things. And, I could do some rhymes. Like ...

Dear Mom, I love you with feelings galore.
You taught me to eat and you taught me to chore.
So on Mother's day, it is this I implore
Just please don't go down on that Redrum no more.

What do you think?

FAX

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 10:27 AM
That's a great idea. I'd add some comedy as well. Maybe put a tree and a cow in the front yard and have them both be the same size.

I like this. What do you think - Guernsey or Jersey? I've got black and red pens on my desk, so that's all I've got to work with in terms of palette.

Skip Towne
05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
I like this. What do you think - Guernsey or Jersey? I've got black and red pens on my desk, so that's all I've got to work with in terms of palette.
I'd go with Holsteins. They are black and white. Or Hereford, red/white. Brahma = Black. You have quite a few choices.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Are Holsteins the ones that look like a Gateway computer box?

FAX
05-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I'd go with Holsteins. They are black and white. Or Hereford, red/white. Brahma = Black. You have quite a few choices.

Those are really good ideas.

Here's a poem for your card.

Dear Mom, I didn't buy this card at the store.
I made it myself. I'm responsible for
The little stick cow, and the house and the door.
And I hope you like all of my stick decor
'Cause I love you, dear mom, like the waves love the shore
And after you had me, your minge was real sore.

FAX

Skip Towne
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Are Holsteins the ones that look like a Gateway computer box?
That would be them.

Lzen
05-04-2006, 10:51 AM

My wife's Birthday is May 4th (today), then Mother's Day, my dad's birthday is May 10th, and her mom's birthday is May 26th(or is it the 29th). What a month.

Dartgod
05-04-2006, 11:04 AM
My wife's Birthday is May 4th (today), then Mother's Day, my dad's birthday is May 10th, and her mom's birthday is May 26th(or is it the 29th). What a month.
Are we related?

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Osama bin Laden and I share the same astrological sign. We're both Pisces.

Here's our horoscope in today's Washington Post.

Pisces February 19 - March 20
For Thursday, May 4 -To keep your energy up and your attitude positive, surround yourself with like-minded folks today. Rejoin the social scene and connect with the people who stimulate your passions and really get you thinking about the bigger issues in life. The heavy environment of groupthink you've been stuck in may have you doubting yourself, but you shouldn't worry -- the future belongs to people who think for themselves. Hold on to your convictions and keep your individuality.

BucEyedPea
05-04-2006, 11:11 AM

Hello...fellow Piscean!

Osama too? Ugh!
Well then, I'm on the cusp of Aquarianism.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Hello...fellow Piscean!

Osama too? Ugh!
Well then, I'm on the cusp of Aquarianism.

When's your b-day? I too am a cusp baby (well, almost) - February 21st.

Osama's a late Piscean. Completely different. I just like imagining how the horoscopes relate to him versus me.

BucEyedPea
05-04-2006, 11:30 PM
When's your b-day? I too am a cusp baby (well, almost) - February 21st.

Osama's a late Piscean. Completely different. I just like imagining how the horoscopes relate to him versus me.

OMG!!!! My B'day is on the exact same day...Feb 21st!!!!

Just think though you're also in the company of George Washington.
:)

You know when I read your travelogue post...I thought you sounded like me.
I'da loved to go all those places too. You're an adventurer. I'd love to trek the Himalaya's some day.

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Cry me a river. The month of May in my family is hell. I need to get a part time job just to afford the cards. Here's a rundown...

Anniversaries
My wife and me

Birthdays
My Mom
My Dad
My Sister
My Sister-in-law
A nephew
A neice

And then, of course, Mother's Day, which usually falls near or even sometimes on my Mom's birthday.
Your family must f**k a lot in August.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
OMG!!!! My B'day is on the exact same day...Feb 21st!!!!

Just think though you're also in the company of George Washington.
:)

You know when I read your travelogue post...I thought you sounded like me.
I'da loved to go all those places too. You're an adventurer. I'd love to trek the Himalaya's some day.

I think you're my long-lost sibling. My parents were always secretive about things like siblings.

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
1. FAX is one funny mofo. ROFL

2. I can't believe we're on page three of a weeks old thread and none of you sorry sacks have busted out KCChiefsMan not having a mother.

Ari Chi3fs
05-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Cry me a river. The month of May in my family is hell. I need to get a part time job just to afford the cards. Here's a rundown...

Anniversaries
My wife and me

Birthdays
My Mom
My Dad
My Sister
My Sister-in-law
A nephew
A neice

Yeah, I got several more... but its 3 weeks of solid wife ass kissing for me.

Plus my birthday is May 16th, so I get no love... because its in her 3 week holiday radius.

BucEyedPea
05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
I think you're my long-lost sibling. My parents were always secretive about things like siblings.

Happy Brother's Day! :)

Simplex3
05-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Happy Brother's Day! :)
I didn't know Rainman was black.

BucEyedPea
05-05-2006, 12:31 AM
He said his parents were secretive!!!

But what gives you the idea that I'm black?
My screen name? Or the Brother's comment!

Simplex3
05-05-2006, 12:33 AM
He said his parents were secretive!!!

But what gives you the idea that I'm black?
My screen name? Or the Brother's comment!
The fact that you called him "Brother".

I have no clue what race anyone is nor do I care.

As long as you aren't one of those stinking drunk-a** Germans.

BucEyedPea
05-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh well! I am Sicilian...and in Italy they say we're not really white.

Rain Man
05-05-2006, 12:44 AM
I didn't know Rainman was black.

By the way, thanks for that whole Civil War thing.

ENDelt260
05-05-2006, 02:40 AM
What sucks about that?

Rausch
05-05-2006, 02:42 AM
By the way, thanks for that whole Civil War thing.

Black and driving an apricot BMW?

Dude, yer' like going to SoooooOOOOOOOOO get the Uncle Tom card tossed at you...

luv
05-05-2006, 02:43 AM
The fact that you called him "Brother".

I have no clue what race anyone is nor do I care.

As long as you aren't one of those stinking drunk-a** Germans.
ROFL

ENDelt260
05-05-2006, 02:43 AM

I'm a pisces, too!

Rausch
05-05-2006, 02:44 AM

Well, yer not.

And looking at modern Europe and Kalifornia I can't say I've got a $#itload of white pride myself.

Do Sicilian's adopt?...

ENDelt260
05-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Wait... we started including you in Whites here?

luv
05-05-2006, 02:47 AM

Anniversaries
My wife and me

Birthdays
My Mom
My Dad
My Sister
My Sister-in-law
A nephew
A neice

Your May sounds like my November.

BucEyedPea
05-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, yer not.

And looking at modern Europe and Kalifornia I can't say I've got a $#itload of white pride myself.

Do Sicilian's adopt?...

Eh?

I imagine they're too poor to adopt.

And the one's that aren't...well I guess they're like anyone else wanting a child but can't conceive. Either, that or the Mafia will help 'ay.

I still have relatives over there.

luv
05-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Has anyone seen the commercial where the mom opens up the card in this really nice restaurant, and it plays "I feel goog" really loud. The champagne cork hits the harp. I like it. Reminds me. WHat do moms like for mother's day?