PDA

View Full Version : Jim Sabo from Ourlad's previews April 29th's NFL Draft

Dave Lane
04-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Says Tambi Hali is a late 2nd round prospect says his Senior Bowl and workout has sent him tumbling. Kiwi he says late 1st round. Doesn't like Vince Young in the short term but might become a good pro later.

Dave

htismaqe
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
I'd MUCH rather have Hali than Kiwi.

Williams in the 1st.

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2006, 10:01 AM
I'd MUCH rather have Hali than Kiwi.

Williams in the 1st.

Ditto

Marco Polo
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
That would be great if we picked up Hill or Williams or Youbooty in the 1st and got Hali or Watson in the 2nd...I'll take it!

Chiefnj
04-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Why didn't these people who claim that Hali's Senior Bowl performance is causing him to fall into the 2nd round write about it at the time it happened? Organizations that followed the Senior Bowl and its practices spoke well of Hali.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
This guy didn't even watch the Senior Bowl if he is saying Hali's stock dropped because of his performance there. Hali was named the North's defensive MVP.

I'm a little skeptical of Sabo's take.

Chiefnj
04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
This guy didn't even watch the Senior Bowl if he is saying Hali's stock dropped because of his performance there. Hali was named the North's defensive MVP.

I'm a little skeptical of Sabo's take.

It seems like the typical pre-draft fictional hype. One uninformed draft site makes a comment and all of a sudden everyone copies it. DJ can't take on blocks, Henderson's size and frame will only lead to further back problems in the NFL...

Dave Lane
04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I tend to agree it was on the radio but he seemed really down on Hali which surprised me. He thought Jacksonville would draft him in the second and said it was a good fit.

Dave

KevB
04-24-2006, 11:06 AM
I believe Ourlads is one of two outside sources teams use in evaluating prospective draftees. Sabo is usually pretty good if my memory serves. I hope he's right about Hali dropping, then we can bring him into the fold.

Dunit35
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
I highly doubt Hali drops anywhere near the 54th pick. I'd be happy with us taking any of these guys.

Tamba Hali
Youboty
Cromatie
Whitner
Allen
Wroten
Hill

Mecca
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Considering what's going on with Wroten he could be this years Antajj Hawthorne.......

Hali's biggest problem is when you're an effort guy you workouts don't look good. 95% of teams have a hard time using a 1st round pick on a guy who's workouts aren't impressive. I don't think hardly anyone is viewing him as an impact player, he's a nice player but most people don't want that in the 1st round.

Dave Lane
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
Thats pretty much what he said nice player but the workouts after losing weight to look good really hurt him with the scouts.

Dave

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2006, 12:27 AM
says his Senior Bowl... sent him tumblingUh... what?

That's about as retarded as the guy on ESPN who said DeAngelo had "ball-security issues" when the guy fumbled, like, five times in four years, as far as I can recall.

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh, and did someone say...

RedThat
04-25-2006, 11:16 AM
It'd be awesome if Jimmy Williams fell to #20...And Tamba Hali fell to #54.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 11:19 AM

:drool:

RedThat
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Im curious guys, which teams that pick before us, Im referring to picks 10-19, do you think REALLY need a safety?

Realistically, I don't see Jimmy Williams going in the top 10.

I see all these players will go before Williams, and most likely in the top 10:

-Reggie Bush
-D-Brickshaw Ferguson
-Mario Williams
-Matt Leinart
-Vince Young
-AJ Hawk
-Vernon Davis
-Michael Huff
-Haloti Ngata

*I really want Jimmy Williams if he's there.

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow. That would be too perfect....

Williams, maybe; if we are counting on Hali at #54 we better be willing to settle for Darryl Tapp....

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Im curious guys, which teams that pick before us, Im referring to picks 10-19, do you think REALLY need a safety?

Realistically, I don't see Jimmy Williams going in the top 10.

I see all these players will go before Williams, and most likely in the top 10:

-Reggie Bush
-D-Brickshaw Ferguson
-Mario Williams
-Matt Leinart
-Vince Young
-AJ Hawk
-Vernon Davis
-Michael Huff
-Haloti Ngata

*I really want Jimmy Williams if he's there.

I think some teams covet Williams as a corner. He could go as high as 11 to St. Louis. The best thing that could happen if we really want Williams is that Vince Young falls past the Raiders. I think the Rams would nab him.

RedThat
04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
I think some teams covet Williams as a corner. He could go as high as 11 to St. Louis. The best thing that could happen if we really want Williams is that Vince Young falls past the Raiders. I think the Rams would nab him.

True. I hear what your saying. It all depends on how the draft shapes out and who is available.

It's a possibility. But honestly, I don't see it happening. I think Vince Young will go as high as #3 to Tennessee. And the Raiders are a lock to draft a QB. There is rumours that they might trade up with the Jets to select Leinart. But, if Young is not taken by Tennessee, and he is there at 7, I don't see him getting past Oakland.

What I hope for, is that the Rams take Cutler at #11. If Williams happens to fall past St. Louie, there is a pretty chance he could fall down to 20. But a few teams in between have me concerned.

I don't see the Browns taking him. Or the Ravens, or the Eagles, Broncos, Vikings.....Miami? you never know?

*What about Dallas? Do you think if Williams get to 18, they take him? They did sign Keith Davis and Marcus Coleman. But are those guys gonna start for them? Or are they guys that will just fill the depth charts?

Or how about San Diego? We can't forget about them.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 12:12 PM
True. I hear what your saying. It all depends on how the draft shapes out and who is available.

It's a possibility. But honestly, I don't see it happening. I think Vince Young will go as high as #3 to Tennessee. And the Raiders are a lock to draft a QB. There is rumours that they might trade up with the Jets to select Leinart. But, if Young is not taken by Tennessee, and he is there at 7, I don't see him getting past Oakland.

What I hope for, is that the Rams take Cutler at #11. If Williams happens to fall past St. Louie, there is a pretty chance he could fall down to 20. But a few teams in between have me concerned.

I don't see the Browns taking him. Or the Ravens, or the Eagles, Broncos, Vikings.....Miami? you never know?

*What about Dallas? Do you think if Williams get to 18, they take him? They did sign Keith Davis and Marcus Coleman. But are those guys gonna start for them? Or are they guys that will just fill the depth charts?

Or how about San Diego? We can't forget about them.

First, why would the Raiders trade up to #4 to get a QB? They are all but guaranteed to get one of the big 3 at #7. They're not targetting a QB, they're putting out a smokescreen. Read this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139578

Word out of Dallas right now is that Coleman will start and Dallas may take a run at a guy like Wimbley or Lawson.

RedThat
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
First, why would the Raiders trade up to #4 to get a QB? They are all but guaranteed to get one of the big 3 at #7. They're not targetting a QB, they're putting out a smokescreen. Read this:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139578

Word out of Dallas right now is that Coleman will start and Dallas may take a run at a guy like Wimbley or Lawson.

Ok, Im convinced your right. It makes sense, why would they trade up if they know a top QB will fall to 7?

Maybe it's a ploy to trade up and draft Williams? Who knows? But it would suck if they got Mario Williams.

So there is a possibility Jimmy can fall.....I hope we get him....But San Diego also worries me.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, Im convinced your right. It makes sense, why would they trade up if they know a top QB will fall to 7?

Maybe it's a ploy to trade up and draft Williams? Who knows? But it would suck if they got Mario Williams.

So there is a possibility Jimmy can fall.....I hope we get him....But San Diego also worries me.

Yeah, Williams is the best player in this draft IMO. Even if Bush is the best, Williams is a close 2nd. I don't want to see him go to the Raiders. The only thing that would suck more is Hali going to the Donks.

I think San Diego may take a WR, or we could hope they look at Cromartie.

Spicy McHaggis
04-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Wow. That would be too perfect....

Williams, maybe; if we are counting on Hali at #54 we better be willing to settle for Darryl Tapp....

Hey I'd be more than happy with Jimmy Williams in the first and Darryl Tapp in the second. That's our two biggest weaknesses addressed in a solid fashion. Just cross your fingers and hope Whitehurst or Croyle will be there in the third and we've got ourselves a heck of a day one. Or a Dusty Dvoracek, Jonathan Lewis, or Rod Wright. Ah I'd be doing laps around the room.

RedThat
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Williams is the best player in this draft IMO. Even if Bush is the best, Williams is a close 2nd. I don't want to see him go to the Raiders. The only thing that would suck more is Hali going to the Donks.

I think San Diego may take a WR, or we could hope they look at Cromartie.

Or it's a possibility they could look at a LBer since Donnie Edwards isn't in the teams plans, plus, Randall Godfrey is old....And they may address the offensive line because Roman Oben is old as well....I hope most of San Diegos needs outweigh the fact that they won't take Williams.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey I'd be more than happy with Jimmy Williams in the first and Darryl Tapp in the second. That's our two biggest weaknesses addressed in a solid fashion. Just cross your fingers and hope Whitehurst or Croyle will be there in the third and we've got ourselves a heck of a day one. Or a Dusty Dvoracek, Jonathan Lewis, or Rod Wright. Ah I'd be doing laps around the room.

Dude, PLEASE.

You're gonna get my hopes up. :D

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Or it's a possibility they could look at a LBer since Donnie Edwards isn't in the teams plans, plus, Randall Godfrey is old....And they may address the offensive line because Roman Oben is old as well....I hope most of San Diegos needs outweigh the fact that they won't take Williams.

See? There IS hope. :D

oldandslow
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I think the Rams will take CB Hill - Unless they truly surprise me and take Cutler.

Worst Case Scenerio - Williams is on the table and we reach for Hali.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 01:17 PM
I think the Rams will take CB Hill - Unless they truly surprise me and take Cutler.

Worst Case Scenerio - Williams is on the table and we reach for Hali.

If it comes down to Hill vs. Williams at #11, I hope the Rams would take Hill, but I'm not sure they would.

Worst case scenario IMO would be Williams AND Hali on the table and we take Cutler.

oldandslow
04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
If it comes down to Hill vs. Williams at #11, I hope the Rams would take Hill, but I'm not sure they would.

Worst case scenario IMO would be Williams AND Hali on the table and we take Cutler.

I amend my statement!!!!! If Cutler is on the table at 20, we should trade down. Someone will offer us a sweet deal.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 01:21 PM
I amend my statement!!!!! If Cutler is on the table at 20, we should trade down. Someone will offer us a sweet deal.

Yep.

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2006, 01:52 PM

I need tissue.....:drool:

KevB
04-25-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm hopeful that all three QBs and both WRs are off the board.....that means someone on defense will drop to us. I think the Ravens will give Williams a hard look. They'll be in the market for either Ngata, Bunkley or Justice along with a DB. I think the Rams will give him a look, and I think the Chargers would seriously consider him, I think the Dolphins would consider him, and I think the Boys are a threat if they think he's a safety.

I'm content with sitting at #20, as I think there will be some value drop to that spot. I'd be happy with Williams, Hill, Cromartie, Lawson (we need playmakers), Hali or even Whitner.