PDA

View Full Version : Yeah so, I tried to kill myself last night

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:18 PM
But appearantly, I don't kill easy.

I had an accident just right down from the house last night on my way home from work. I was driving around a curve and came across a semi heading the opposite direction. I was taking the curve a little loose, veering over into the other lane just a bit, and over-compensated when I pulled back over to the right and found myself half off the road with a big ditch just waiting to swallow me up just a couple of feet further over. So I did exactly what I shouldn't in a situation like that, I over-compensated yet again, jerking the wheel back to the left. And then, my mind completely shut down. The next thing I remember is dazely (is that a word) looking out at the road, noticing the hood of the Bravada was all jacked up, seeing that the airbags had deployed, and thinking I really was not looking forward to making the phone call to mom and dad. I fumbled around and found my phone, got out of the car and started trying to salvage things from the car. I walked around to the other side to try and pull stuff out and noticed it was all bashed in. As I walked back around to the driver's side I see a flame under the bent up part of the hood right in front of the windshield. I grabbed a spare shirt I had in the car and tried to put it out, but it wasn't happening, so I set about trying to get everything I could out of the car that I could find and had any kind of value to me. The ol' boy who lives about 30 feet from where I landed came out and said he was going to call the fire dept. I called mom and dad and informed them of the situation and then started walking towards the house with my arms full of crap (and wanting to get the hell away from the car before it decided it wanted to blow. I guess that a fuel line broke and all the gas pooled under the car, because they had a hell of a time putting the fire out. So the Bravada is now driving that big highway in the sky. It was probably totaled before the bbq, it certainly is now.

Were not exactly sure what happened when I hit, are actually puzzled by it, because I had to have not only rolled, but flipped end over end as well. From where I hit the trees and embankment to ending up facing the road exactly parralel to the path I took in. Windows were gone and I was finding my things spread all over the ground (including this kick ass Mac that is still functioning properly, albiet with a few dings and scratces). From looking at the scene today, we are completely puzzled as just exactly how I flipped/rolled, it makes no sense. I'll take the digital camera out tomorrow and get pictures of it and the car to post here. All I know is that with what had to have happened, and as bad as that car looked, I am a very blessed young man to have walked away with little more than a few bruises, minor scrapes, and a little whiplash. I should probably be in a hospital right now, or at the very least back here at home with a cast on something. Only by the grace of God.....

So, how was everyone else's evening? :)

Donger
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Holy sh*t. Glad you're okay. Not a good timeframe for Planeteers and their vehicles, apparently.

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear you're okay.

I'm part of a formal group that studies fatal accidents among young drivers, and overcompensation after going onto the shoulder comes up time after time as a contributing cause. Knowing what I now know, that's a skill that I would really work on if I had kids who are learning to drive. It's huge.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Holy sh*t. Glad you're okay. Not a good timeframe for Planeteers and their vehicles, apparently.

No kidding, I just noticed the other thread. :shake:

FAX
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Man, Mr. raiderhader. That's good and bad. Bad that you had the wreck, but very good that you're okay.

After the paramedics pulled me out of the last wreck I had, I told them I felt fine (which was somewhat true) and didn't need to go to a hospital. About a year later, I was told by a doctor that my lower spine had been fractured. The only time it could have happened was in the wreck.

So, I would like to encourage you to go in for an x-ray on your back, etc. If you wait, insurance won't cover it. And, interestingly, you can walk around with a problem that you don't even know about.

Best of luck with this and glad you're alright.

FAX

thebrad84
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Wow...that umm....wow. That's awesome you are ok, but that sucks about your car. Not to sound like an a$$ or anything, but I can't wait to see the pictures.

Sully
04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Why'd you have to steal epitome's thunder?

Selfish if you ask me.

Sure-Oz
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=raiderhader]But appearantly, I don't kill easy.
I had an accident just right down from the house last night on my way home from work.[QUOTE]
You terminators are hard to kill....

Seriously though glad you are ok, scary stuff.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Glad to hear you're okay.

I'm part of a formal group that studies fatal accidents among young drivers, and overcompensation after going onto the shoulder comes up time after time as a contributing cause. Knowing what I now know, that's a skill that I would really work on if I had kids who are learning to drive. It's huge.

And see, that's the crazy thing (well, one of several in this situation), I am typically great when it comes to getting myself back on the road. I remember when I was learning to drive dad told me once that if you panick and jerk back towards the road real quick bad things tend to happen. So I have always been very conscience about that. I guess I just freaked a little bit when I saw the big drop off to my right.

thebrad84
04-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Selfish if you ask me.
ROFL

Yeah, and I was pissed about what the hail did to my car...i having nothing to compare to with epitome and raider's misfortunes.

Donger
04-24-2006, 06:29 PM
But appearantly, I don't kill easy

I should probably let this go considering your recent vehicular gymnastics and your living in Texas, but it's 'kill easily' not 'kill easy.'

Donger
04-24-2006, 06:30 PM
I am typically great when it comes to getting myself back on the road.

Errr, do you find yourself off of the road often?

Saulbadguy
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow. Glad to hear you are alright, man.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Man, Mr. raiderhader. That's good and bad. Bad that you had the wreck, but very good that you're okay.

After the paramedics pulled me out of the last wreck I had, I told them I felt fine (which was somewhat true) and didn't need to go to a hospital. About a year later, I was told by a doctor that my lower spine had been fractured. The only time it could have happened was in the wreck.

So, I would like to encourage you to go in for an x-ray on your back, etc. If you wait, insurance won't cover it. And, interestingly, you can walk around with a problem that you don't even know about.

Best of luck with this and glad you're alright.

FAX

I got checked out today, no x-rays were taken, but we weren't real concerned afterwards and I'll be going back for a follow up or two.

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 06:33 PM
I should probably let this go considering your recent vehicular gymnastics and your living in Texas, but it's 'kill easily' not 'kill easy.'

He's hard to kill, but that doesn't mean that you can't humiliate him easily.

Frazod
04-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Another happy accident brought to you by Kansas driver's education. :D

Glad you're okay.

Moron. :p

Raiderhader
Wow...that umm....wow. That's awesome you are ok, but that sucks about your car. Not to sound like an a$$ or anything, but I can't wait to see the pictures.

I am looking forward to seeing the car again. Last time I saw it I was still a bit dazed and in a semi-state of shock. What's amazing is, the damage was done to the passanger side, and I'm not sure why. Not that I'm complaining mind you.....

Donger
He's hard to kill, but that doesn't mean that you can't humiliate him easily.

I don't underestimate raiderhader.

thebrad84
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I was thinking it should be "I don't die easily" or "I can't be killed easily"...Unless he is talking about his homicidal tendencies...

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM

Selfish if you ask me.

I admit it, I am a selfish dick.

FAX
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I was thinking it should be "I don't die easily" or "I can't be killed easily"...Unless he is talking about his homicidal tendencies...

I think it should be, "I don't let kill get to me too much", Mr. thebrad84.

FAX

Skip Towne
Were you wearing a seat belt?

Donger

It's a Texas thing. They also say, "Buy!" when they say goodbye. It's charming after a specific period of time.

big nasty kcnut
Damn raiderhader that suck but glad your ok.

Raiderhader

I realize that. I said it that way intentionally.

And to save time the answer is, because it seemed like the thing to do.

Donger
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I realize that. I said it that way intentionally.

And to save time the answer is, because it seemed like the thing to do.

ROFL

I'm glad you're okay, amigo.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Errr, do you find yourself off of the road often?

Well when one drives an SUV, one tends to go off the road from time to time.

Seriously, not often, but it's not like it doesn't happen every once in a great while.

Boozer
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Tough as nails. Good to hear you're OK.

Donger
I remember once in high school in Overland Park a buddy managed to flip/roll his Daddy's BMW right in front of a car I was a passenger in. This was at Roe and College, back when it just turned to gravel there. The driver of the car I was in stopped and I stumbled out (drunk) and decided to rip off the wrecked car's license plate so the OPPD wouldn't be able to ID the driver.

Yeah, that worked out well the next day.

thebrad84
Apparently there is some greater meaning behind your avatar picture as well....was that picture taken of you moments before you climbed out of your car?

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Another happy accident brought to you by Kansas driver's education. :D

Glad you're okay.

Moron. :p

nlm

At least our gun safety program is top notch, unlike Mizzou's. :p

That is one thing that really pisses me off, the Beretta was claimed by the fire, it was one of the things I couldn't find. I wanted to keep looking for stuff, a burning car didn't seem like a good place to hang around, so sacrafices were made. I'm just glad it wasn't the .45, I'd be in a deep state of depression right now.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Were you wearing a seat belt?

Always. Had I not been, I wouldn't be typing at you all right now.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Apparently there is some greater meaning behind your avatar picture as well....was that picture taken of you moments before you climbed out of your car?

Hadn't really thought about the avatar until someone mention it earlier. What can I say, Steelskull is one tough motherf#cker. :)

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 06:50 PM
nlm

That is one thing that really pisses me off, the Beretta was claimed by the fire, it was one of the things I couldn't find. I wanted to keep looking for stuff, a burning car didn't seem like a good place to hang around, so sacrafices were made. I'm just glad it wasn't the .45, I'd be in a deep state of depression right now.

You keep a gun in your car?

FAX
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM

Makes sense to me.

It is a tactic that assists in the whole "I don't kill easy" way of life.

FAX

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:53 PM

Yes.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Makes sense to me.

It is a tactic that assists in the whole "I don't kill easy" way of life.

FAX

Precisely.

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I read this article two days ago. How timely.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/02d3b3d795a6a010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

2. Gun-Toting Drivers are More Prone to Road Rage

The Study: “Is an armed society a polite society? Guns and road rage,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, Jan. 2006

The Findings: After cold-calling 2,459 American adults with an anonymous questionnaire, researchers from the Harvard Injury Control Research Center discovered that directing “indecent” gestures at other motorists was significantly more common among suburbanites, binge drinkers, Northeasterners, those who think most people can’t be trusted and, yes, those who admitted that they keep guns in their vehicles.

Why Bother? The paper says it best: “If someone is giving you the finger, it may be useful to have some sense of whether or not they have a gun.” Co-author Mary Vriniotis adds that states have recently loosened laws allowing motorists to drive while packing heat. The implication is that if lethal weapons are more readily accessible, hostile driving incidents could turn ugly more often. Knowing which populations are prone to road rage could help policymakers devise awareness campaigns or other strategies to help curb its frequency.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I read this article two days ago. How timely.

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/science/02d3b3d795a6a010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

2. Gun-Toting Drivers are More Prone to Road Rage

The Study: “Is an armed society a polite society? Guns and road rage,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, Jan. 2006

The Findings: After cold-calling 2,459 American adults with an anonymous questionnaire, researchers from the Harvard Injury Control Research Center discovered that directing “indecent” gestures at other motorists was significantly more common among suburbanites, binge drinkers, Northeasterners, those who think most people can’t be trusted and, yes, those who admitted that they keep guns in their vehicles.

Why Bother? The paper says it best: “If someone is giving you the finger, it may be useful to have some sense of whether or not they have a gun.” Co-author Mary Vriniotis adds that states have recently loosened laws allowing motorists to drive while packing heat. The implication is that if lethal weapons are more readily accessible, hostile driving incidents could turn ugly more often. Knowing which populations are prone to road rage could help policymakers devise awareness campaigns or other strategies to help curb its frequency.

Bah. I swear at people and get on down the road and forget about it.

Now my current work enviroment on the other hand......

Frazod
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
nlm

Hey, my refrigerator still works.

So does my gun, for that matter. ROFL

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey, my refrigerator still works.

So does my gun, for that matter. ROFL

F#ck you, asshole.

bogie
04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Glad you're okay. I'm sure your parents are having "what if" nightmares.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Glad you're okay. I'm sure your parents are having "what if" nightmares.

Mom has been so stressed out, it's driving me crazy and the tension is hurting her. I've taken the whole thing in stride for the most part, but that is partly to counter her reaction. A balance in the force must be maintained.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Well I'm starting to feel the whiplash a little more now; I think I'm going to lay down and put an ice pack on my neck. I'll check back in later.

burt
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Well I'm starting to feel the whiplash a little more now; I think I'm going to lay down and put an ice pack on my neck. I'll check my back later.

Fixed your statement.....

cdcox
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I'm glad you're OK.

There is a narrow, winding two lane road near where I live that I drive on a couple times a day. At least a couple times a month I'll see someone with a tire on or over the double yellow line just as I round the corner. I'm very good at getting to the very edge of the road (no shoulder, only ditch) and avoiding these guys but it really pisses me off. Stay on your side of the road and none of this happens.

Again, glad your OK.

JBucc
04-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I thought this was going to be a hilarious failed suicide attempt story but a flaming car wreck will do. Glad your ok btw.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I thought this was going to be a hilarious failed suicide attempt story but a flaming car wreck will do. Glad your ok btw.

Speaking of hilarious failed suicide attempts, just tonight on the news they had a story about a guy who checked himself into the ER last night after shooting 9 nails into his head with a nail gun trying to kill himself. The motherf#cker is still alive and I guess doing ok. They showed all of the x-rays taken, it was some crazy sh!t.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Wow... God must really like republicans after all.

Glad to hear you are okay, Jamie.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok, here is as good a place as any to post this...

This was a blog I wrote for another site...

Ok, this is a bizarre blog here... I had a 21 year old cousin commit suicide on April 11th, and just got back from the funeral. My mom's sister's only kid. This has made me ponder several things, and so I thought I might share a my thoughts on this, so that you may be able to pass on some words of wisdom to someone in your life who may be severely depressed and potentially suicidal.

My cousin, Laura, was very talented. She was part of the Oklahoma High School State Choir that got to go overseas for 3 weeks to sing in venues all over Europe. She was also a fantastic artist, and could look at anything and draw it, near perfection. Yet, she felt that there was no reason to keep on living.

She pulled $600 out of her acct on Monday 4-10, and went to a local liquor store to purchase $50 worth of booze, and her phone records show that her last 3 phone calls were to gun shops. Well, she went to one of the gun shops and purchased a 12-gauge shotgun. She had never touched a gun, so they showed her how to load it, and they took her out back for some target practice. Later that evening, she started drinking, began writing her suicide letter on her laptop and in a secluded area, about 150 feet from her car, she blew off her head. After 6 days of decay, her body was finally found on the day after Easter Sunday.

Ladies and gentlemen, life is precious. Especially at age 21. We make so many mistakes along the way, as no one is perfect. However, these are just tests to help us grow and learn. It may seem like a completely shitty situation that you are in, but it is one of life's valuable lessons to help move you forward.

No one is without flaw... and sometimes forgiving ourselves is the hardest thing to do. Perhaps you have made a few mistakes that eat you up inside, still to this day. Realize that your mistake has divine purpose. These things are supposed to happen... but don't allow your mistakes to eat you alive so that you feel that ending your life is the only answer.

Most suicides occur between the ages of 15-24, according to internet statistics that I found... And this is a sad fact. Ages 15 to 24 are the ages where you are trying to find your way in life. Many trials and tribulations occur during this timeframe. Things appear to be much larger at age 15-24 than they really are. Once you get out of this age bracket you see that most of those 'problems' that we viewed as being so large, are really not that big of a deal at all, yet many people take their lives over trivialiaties.

If you think suicide is the only way out, please shoot me a message describing your situation, and let me see if I can shed some positive light on your scenario. Also, talk to your loved ones and discuss some options out of the perceived darkness that you are currently in. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of offing yourself, how about asking better questions?

What can I learn from this situation? What can do to improve my situation? How can I grow from this? Who can help me get over these thoughts?

Ending your life is the chicken shit way out. Plus, according to many religions, your afterlife will completely suck. So, its best to find a better solution for your problems. And believe that there is always a better solution.

DenverChief
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM

I had an accident just right down from the house last night on my way home from work. I was driving around a curve and came across a semi heading the opposite direction. I was taking the curve a little loose, veering over into the other lane just a bit, and over-compensated when I pulled back over to the right and found myself half off the road with a big ditch just waiting to swallow me up just a couple of feet further over. So I did exactly what I shouldn't in a situation like that, I over-compensated yet again, jerking the wheel back to the left. And then, my mind completely shut down. The next thing I remember is dazely (is that a word) looking out at the road, noticing the hood of the Bravada was all jacked up, seeing that the airbags had deployed, and thinking I really was not looking forward to making the phone call to mom and dad. I fumbled around and found my phone, got out of the car and started trying to salvage things from the car. I walked around to the other side to try and pull stuff out and noticed it was all bashed in. As I walked back around to the driver's side I see a flame under the bent up part of the hood right in front of the windshield. I grabbed a spare shirt I had in the car and tried to put it out, but it wasn't happening, so I set about trying to get everything I could out of the car that I could find and had any kind of value to me. The ol' boy who lives about 30 feet from where I landed came out and said he was going to call the fire dept. I called mom and dad and informed them of the situation and then started walking towards the house with my arms full of crap (and wanting to get the hell away from the car before it decided it wanted to blow. I guess that a fuel line broke and all the gas pooled under the car, because they had a hell of a time putting the fire out. So the Bravada is now driving that big highway in the sky. It was probably totaled before the bbq, it certainly is now.

Were not exactly sure what happened when I hit, are actually puzzled by it, because I had to have not only rolled, but flipped end over end as well. From where I hit the trees and embankment to ending up facing the road exactly parralel to the path I took in. Windows were gone and I was finding my things spread all over the ground (including this kick ass Mac that is still functioning properly, albiet with a few dings and scratces). From looking at the scene today, we are completely puzzled as just exactly how I flipped/rolled, it makes no sense. I'll take the digital camera out tomorrow and get pictures of it and the car to post here. All I know is that with what had to have happened, and as bad as that car looked, I am a very blessed young man to have walked away with little more than a few bruises, minor scrapes, and a little whiplash. I should probably be in a hospital right now, or at the very least back here at home with a cast on something. Only by the grace of God.....

So, how was everyone else's evening? :)What did you hit? Why did you leave the scene? Was anyone else injured? Did you talk to anyone from the FD/PD/SO? and if so were you issued a citation? BTW glad you are okay..

Mr. Kotter
04-24-2006, 09:28 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear about this, Jamie. The good thing is.....sounds like you are okay. That's the important thing. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a generous insurance settlement. Hang in there.....:)

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
What did you hit?

Trees, an embankment, and a barbed wire fence.

Why did you leave the scene?

Because I was dazed, in shock, and I really didn't feel like getting blown the f#ck up.

Was anyone else injured?

One car/person accident, thankfully.

Did you talk to anyone from the FD/PD/SO? and if so were you issued a citation?

HiPo. I got cited for driving at an "unsafe speed". I was 5-10 over at most. I typically drive that road faster, I was going slow for me.

BTW glad you are okay..

Thanks, me too.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Glad you're ok, Jaime.

But it's a little too late. If you wanted to get the symphathy vote, you should've had your wreck earlier. That may have gotten you past Gaz. ;)

Glad you're ok.:)

dirk digler
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Jaime I am very glad you survived and the most important thing is that you seem to be alright and are recovering well.

wutamess
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the club. :thumb:
Totalled my Rodeo last month.

Glad you're ok.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Glad you're ok, Jaime.

But it's a little too late. If you wanted to get the symphathy vote, you should've had your wreck earlier. That may have gotten you past Gaz. ;)

Glad you're ok.:)

Ha! I doubt it would have helped much. I must say, I was surprised to see that I pulled 30% of the vote against him. I figured it was going to be more like 8-10%. I'm actually rather proud.

Bwana
04-24-2006, 10:26 PM
You don't?? :shrug:

Glad you came out of that with only a few dings out of your hide bud.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Ha! I doubt it would have helped much. I must say, I was surprised to see that I pulled 30% of the vote against him. I figured it was going to be more like 8-10%. I'm actually rather proud.

LOL, don't feel too bad. Keg is gonna stomp me.

Again, glad it wasn't your time to leave us. :toast:

DenverChief
04-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Because I was dazed, in shock, and I really didn't feel like getting blown the f#ck up.

The myth of the exploding cars....cars contrary to popular belief don not explode when they catch on fire...you should get a safe distance from the vehicle but that should me no more than what one would stand from a large bonfire.....if you car has airbags that had not deployed I would be worried about the air bag canisters exploding on semis a tire may occasionally explode but they mostly melt ....other that that blame hollywood for the exploding tank myth

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 10:29 PM
You don't?? :shrug:

LOL!

I don't know, it just struck me as funny......

alanm
04-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that Jaime. Glad you're ok. Was that your car or your folks car?
Perhaps your Dad may be trying to kill you next. :)

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
The myth of the exploding cars....cars contrary to popular belief don not explode when they catch on fire...you should get a safe distance from the vehicle but that should me no more than what one would stand from a large bonfire.....if you car has airbags that had not deployed I would be worried about the air bag canisters exploding on semis a tire may occasionally explode but they mostly melt ....other that that blame hollywood for the exploding tank myth

There have been some accidents around here where cars have exploded. So it can happen, though as I was arguing with my mom earlier today, that is the exception and not the rule. I fully realize that. I didn't care. I wasn't all there up stairs at the time (some will question wether I ever was to begin with) and getting far away from the vehicle seemed like a damn good idea. One which I have no regrets about.

Raiderhader
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Sorry to hear about that Jaime. Glad you're ok. Was that your car or your folks car?
Perhaps your Dad may be trying to kill you next. :)

Kind of both. It was Dad's but I've been driving it and started making payments on it. The good news is it was paid down enough that the insurance money is supposed to be able to pay it off completely. They've been paying it off for about 6 or 7 years now, so the old man isn't all that upset to see that vanish, finally.

Jenny Gump
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
As i said....glad you are ok.

Rausch
04-25-2006, 12:09 AM

Only difference was I erupted in laughter as the shatheap s'ploded, called the taxi to head back to the bar, and welcomed the State Farm rep when he opened at quarter to 8 the next day to collect my beer money check for twice the value.

Then bought my next car for a little over 3k that lasted 9 years (and still running for the pot dealer I sold it to. **** him for not recognizing a salvage title when he sees one...)

Ultra Peanut
04-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Holy shit, indeed.

I honestly have nothing to add other than one more "Glad you're okay."

ExtremeChief
04-25-2006, 08:02 AM
Glad you're ok Jamie. At your size both sides could be crushed in and you would still come out unscathed.

Sounds like the dude upstairs was lookin' out for you.

Radar Chief
04-25-2006, 08:15 AM

Yup.
Myth Busters did a test try’n to get a vehicle gas tank to explode by shoot’n it without success, “Myth Busted”. Then someone e-mailed them “Duh, the liquid isn’t what’s explosive, it’s the fumes off of the liquid.” So they did the test again with a half empty tank and shooting at the top half, where the fumes would be. They did finally get an explosion this way, but it was very small and contained by the gas tank itself. “Myth Busted” again. ;)

Radar Chief
04-25-2006, 08:16 AM
BTW Jamie, glad your ok.

morphius
04-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Seems being light as a feather has worked out in your favor for once.

Glad to hear your okay!

morphius
otherwise who else would I pick on at the gatherings.

ROYC75
04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
Good Grief Jamie .........

Glad to hear that you are OK. PBJ.

Now tell us the truth, who was the girl standing on the side of the road that got your attention ? :D

ct
04-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Damn glad to hear you're ok raiderhader, that's scary shit!

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Remind me to drive next time we go out partying Jamie. Really glad to hear you're OK.

MOhillbilly
04-25-2006, 12:01 PM
no better feeling than cheating death.

makes you feel ****in alive.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Jaime...starring in...

FINAL DESTINATION 4.

Now playing.

Bowser
04-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Glad you're OK, Jamie.

Enjoy your new Festiva. :D

Raiderhader
04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
At last, the promised pictures. We'll start with the crash site.

To the left you see where I came in and took out a couple of trees. The black area on the right is where the car landed (facing the road mind you) and burned to a crisp.

Raiderhader
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
All the real damage was done to passenger side. I still don't know how I escaped this with out so much as a band-aid....

ENDelt260
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Holy shit. When Jamie totals a truck he goes all out. Makes my totalled truck photos look wimpy as hell.

Donger
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Wow. What color was that thing?

Raiderhader
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Holy shit. When Jamie totals a truck he goes all out. Makes my totalled truck photos look wimpy as hell.

That's how I roll (pun intended).

Raiderhader
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Wow. What color was that thing?

White.

Donger
04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
White.

Looks like it was a good thing that no one was in the rear seats, you included.

cdcox
04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
A little Bondo and it could be looking good as new.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
wow!!! God was definitely watching over you, man!

You got any before photos of the car?

BIG_DADDY
04-27-2006, 04:02 PM
All the real damage was done to passenger side. I still don't know how I escaped this with out so much as a band-aid....

Well you did a good job on that one Jamie. Remind me to never let you borrow my car. :)

Just glad you're OK

Phobia
04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
That's amazing, James. Count your blessings dude. You're lucky to be alive.

Frazod
04-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Damn. :eek:

Bwana
04-27-2006, 04:44 PM

:eek: SOB! When you total a rig, you don't mess around Jamie. That makes my little ATV incident last weekend look very minor. I'm glad you came out of that in good shape.

Bob Dole
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Jamie drive like drunken girl.

Bwana
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Jamie drive like drunken girl.

Jamie drive like Super Dave Osborne. :hmmm:

PastorMikH
04-27-2006, 04:59 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56637&stc=1

So, any pics of it AFTER the wreck?:)

Glad you were OK!!!

Phobia
04-27-2006, 05:03 PM
All the real damage was done to passenger side. I still don't know how I escaped this with out so much as a band-aid.... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56637&stc=1

As even further evidence of your luck, it appears as though you came to rest in a junk yard. That is truly amazing.

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm glad you and the house weren't hurt Slayer.

Logical
04-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Glad you're ok Jamie.