PDA

View Full Version : OJ Mayo Suspended From School For Six Months

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.wkrc.com/breaking/story.aspx?content_id=B42101F0-55E0-42C2-8191-6B0CDC2142CD

Bummer....

hawkchief
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a Huggy kind of kid.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
now that's some quality recruiting :thumb:

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Well he has not chose a team yet so we might go after someone else.

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm laughing AT you William, not with you.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 07:46 PM
I still hope he comes to KSU.

Just so I can listen to the biotches in this thread.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey, how come you you Acandemic Fraud U fans never link me to the good shiot that happens with your teams?

Randal got thrown in the tank (again) last week, and now some more FB players were fighting at a larry bar. Funny thing though, they only named one of the 6 people arrested in the melee. Why not post all the names? I thought only Snyder had control of the cops?

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/apr/24/bar_fight_ends_injuries_arrests/?city_local

Scrolled down through the comments and read this:

As someone who was ACTUALLY there, (not just reading this story or the Kansan) the fight involved SEVERAL KU FOOTBALL players. Anyone who was there and is a KU student will verify. All this talk of people from Topeka and Kansas City starting the fight is exactly the spin that KU athletics and Lew Perkins want (considering John Randle JUST embarassed for them for the 90th billion time) because they don't want to admit that they've spoiled their athletes and have babied their egos to the point that these athletes think that they are OWED something from everyone. Yes, there WERE people from out of town involved, but I think the fact that our "2005 Fort Worth Bowl Champions" had a role in all this is a lot more newsworthy than Travis Bowman (WHO?!) from Kansas City. Abe and Jakes is known for being one of the few bars that KU atheletes are allowed in (which draws the outsiders) and this just makes all parties involved look bad.

Just like the fair citizens of Hippieville. Blame it on the folks from out of town.

hawkchief
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Randle will look like a Boy Scout compared to the thugs Huggy will run through Manhattan during his two year rehab stint at KSU.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Randle will look like a Boy Scout compared to the thugs Huggy will run through Manhattan during his two year rehab stint at KSU.

I'm loving this.

Saulbadguy
04-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Awesome. I hope he can bring that sort of attitude to K-State.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Awesome. I hope he can bring that sort of attitude to K-State.

I love it that in 1 month Huggy has these bitches bellowing about bad boy recruits and probation. All the while the NCAA looms large over "lack of institutional control" University.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
If Iran wants to nuke K-State, I wont object too much.

Saulbadguy
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I love it that in 1 month Huggy has these bitches bellowing about bad boy recruits and probation. All the while the NCAA looms large over "lack of institutional control" University.
The word of the day is "concern"!

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
That's rep. And that is exactly what will happen too. Rehab is right. The guy sat for 7 months before KSUck sunk low enough to hire him. And it is blowing up in their faces within 30 days. Even if he does manage to win (doubtful) he'll just grab the first train out of that barren outpost. KSUck hasn't put anything together in basketball for 50 years. Why should they start now? KU-KSUck all time record favors the Toucans 171-89. I see no reason for anything to change now. I've got more but I'll save it for WilliamtheFarmer's weak retort.

CoMoChief
04-24-2006, 09:01 PM
This story is funny. Huggins' recruits are already at it. Talented or not these players are gonna be trouble.

Dave Lane
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM
ROFL

Dave

hawkchief
04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
The clever Thuggy still has options, as he reportedly hasn't even signed his contract with KSU yet. NC State or West Virgina still a possibility?????

Saulbadguy
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
The clever Thuggy still has options, as he reportedly hasn't even signed his contract with KSU yet. NC State or West Virgina still a possibility?????
ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
That's rep. And that is exactly what will happen too. Rehab is right. The guy sat for 7 months before KSUck sunk low enough to hire him. And it is blowing up in their faces within 30 days. Even if he does manage to win (doubtful) he'll just grab the first train out of that barren outpost. KSUck hasn't put anything together in basketball for 50 years. Why should they start now? KU-KSUck all time record favors the Toucans 171-89. I see no reason for anything to change now. I've got more but I'll save it for WilliamtheFarmer's weak retort.

Owned.

And in the ultimate ownage, Skip reps a n00b, when he makes a post that skip couldn't clack out on his own.

I'm loving this.

1) Huggs wouldn't come to Mahattan. Check.

He's here.

2) No recruits want to play in Manhattan. Check.

5* pivot, #1 rated JUCO PG signed.

3) He won't win and Skip's not worried. Check.

4) But IF he wins he's on the first train out. Check.

Cause he's got a track record of moving all over the place. Not like Self. He's never been like that. Nope. Nevah.

Skip reps n00b. Total ownage.

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM

Yes! He's so clever. It was all a master plan hatched by Al Bohl and carried out by Sweet Lew.

Rep him again Skip.

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes! He's so clever. It was all a master plan hatched by Al Bohl and carried out by Sweet Lew.

Rep him again Skip.
Your denial is amusing. Yeah, Huggy just declined all offers for 7 months just waiting for his dream job at KSUck to open up. The guy has a lot of patience. Hey, it took Bobby Knight awhile to find his dream job in cough Lubbock cough Texas. And he's really set the Big 12 on it's ear with that. William, you are a joke. Hahahahahahahaha. Look at WilliamtheJoke.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Your denial is amusing. Yeah, Huggy just declined all offers for 7 months just waiting for his dream job at KSUck to open up. The guy has a lot of patience. Hey, it took Bobby Knight awhile to find his dream job in cough Lubbock cough Texas. And he's really set the Big 12 on it's ear with that. William, you are a joke. Hahahahahahahaha. Look at WilliamtheJoke.

That's the reply you were saving for me?

Bwaaahaaaaa!!!

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
That's the reply you were saving for me?

Bwaaahaaaaa!!!
No, actually I wanted to discuss Bramlage "The Tinderbox" Arena. That has to be the most embarrassing losing streak in NCAA history. Hahahahahahahaha. Once again, the joke's on you. And I'd also like to mention KU's all time record against KSUck is 171-89. Does that look like a rivalry to you? I thought a rivalry needed two evenly matched opponents. :shrug: I've got more if you request it again. Hahahahahahahaha

greg63
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
No, actually I wanted to discuss Bramlage "The Tinderbox" Arena. That has to be the most embarrassing losing streak in NCAA history. Hahahahahahahaha. Once again, the joke's on you. And I'd also like to mention KU's all time record against KSUck is 171-89. Does that look like a rivalry to you? I thought a rivalry needed two evenly matched opponents. :shrug: I've got more if you request it again. Hahahahahahahaha

I heard that they had tee shirts printed up that said something like: "Nobody beats us 23 straight times in our house". Well, I guess no one but KU.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Your right. It is embarrassing to lose to a team like KU in our house 23 years in a row. If it were a real team like Kentucky or UNC, I could live with it.

But to lose to that bunch of player payers is an embarrassment.

KChiefs1
04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
KSU fans knew what they were getting when they hired Huggy Bear.

Boon
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
"because of an altercation with a female student last week"

Say he does match Huggy's profile huh?

leviw
04-24-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm holding out on this topic until dr00d makes his comment. His opinioin is the only one that matters to me.

HTH.

schneider221
04-25-2006, 12:32 AM
i wonder if kstate will let huggins take mayo. im willing to bet huggins would still take him but would kstates AD let a kid with that record come to town knowing that his program will be watched closely for the smallest violation.

btw do you think a 7'3 player who only averaged around 13 or 14 points a game in highschool will be able to carry kstate. i never played highschool ball but i cant help but feel if i was 7'3 i could score 15 points a game. you probably faced 1 or 2 kids all year even close to 7' and still cant put up huge numbers.

CoMoChief
04-25-2006, 12:41 AM
i wonder if kstate will let huggins take mayo. im willing to bet huggins would still take him but would kstates AD let a kid with that record come to town knowing that his program will be watched closely for the smallest violation.

btw do you think a 7'3 player who only averaged around 13 or 14 points a game in highschool will be able to carry kstate. i never played highschool ball but i cant help but feel if i was 7'3 i could score 15 points a game. you probably faced 1 or 2 kids all year even close to 7' and still cant put up huge numbers.

He is kinda of a project in the making. He did okay in AAU ball from what I hear. He had a lot of talent around him then and focused on making others better than being the main scorer on the team. I don't think he will be anything special in the Big12, hell be a Sasha Kaun like player if anything, and thats not saying a whole lot.

CoMoChief
04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Owned.

And in the ultimate ownage, Skip reps a n00b, when he makes a post that skip couldn't clack out on his own.

I'm loving this.

1) Huggs wouldn't come to Mahattan. Check.

He's here.

2) No recruits want to play in Manhattan. Check.

5* pivot, #1 rated JUCO PG signed.

3) He won't win and Skip's not worried. Check.

4) But IF he wins he's on the first train out. Check.

Cause he's got a track record of moving all over the place. Not like Self. He's never been like that. Nope. Nevah.

Skip reps n00b. Total ownage.

ROFL

Youre a dumbass.

Huggins hasnt won anything yet and youre acting like he has just won a conference championship or something. As far as your comment about Self, if you were a coach and you got promoted into a better position or program would you not take it?

Oral Roberts < Tulsa < Illinois < Kansas Can't blame the guy really.

Alot of coaches have moved from place to place to get put into a better position, but not many coaches degrade themselves in terms of bball programs they coach at.

schneider221
04-25-2006, 12:50 AM
He is kinda of a project in the making. He did okay in AAU ball from what I hear. He had a lot of talent around him then and focused on making others better than being the main scorer on the team. I don't think he will be anything special in the Big12, hell be a Sasha Kaun like player if anything, and thats not saying a whole lot.

you kstate fans better hope he doesnt like Dave Matthews Band. he reminds me of eric chenowith. even as a ku fan i dont wish a situation like that on you. the kid could have made some major money but instead of working out in the offseason he decided to tour with DMB.

schneider221
04-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Huggins hasnt won anything yet and youre acting like he has just won a conference championship or something. As far as your comment about Self, if you were a coach and you got promoted into a better position or program would you not take it?

you seem to forget he has already delivered the best class ever to step foot on a college campus according to some kstate fans. what i find funny is that all year kstaters kept saying you can't win with a team full of super freshmen, but they dont realize if they want to win anything that players like oj mayo and some of those others guys wont be around for more then one year. that is if huggins can even pull them in.

on a different note i really hope huggins improves the quality of basketball there. it will make the rivalry more intense which in the long run makes it more fun for the fans and players. it will also make a team like ku better to have a decent opponent in the big 12 north every year since we cant count on mu anymore and iowa state could field the worst team ever in the big 12 this year.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Last year = You guys are recruiting out of the Ivory Coast rec league! LOL!

This year = The best player in the country may not come to K-State! But if he does, he will be a troublemaker!

hawkchief
04-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Sorry purple pussies but the Huggy mirage is evaporating in front of your eyes like a bottle of Scotch would, were it put in front of your new savior. You will still land your share of thugs, they just won't be able to play at the level of Mayo. Huggins will certainly help - it's not as if your program could get any worse anyway?

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah. Michael Beasely can't play.

trndobrd
04-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Since OJ probably hasn't been to class in the last six months, he should be even.

hawkchief
04-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Yeah. Michael Beasely can't play.

I guesss I missed the press release saying that Beasley signed with KSUcks.

While we understand it is new to them to have top basketball recruits consider their coach errr, school, KSU fans need to learn that just because a prospect lists your school, it doesn't mean they will attend. Top-tier schools (i.e. Kansas, UNC, Duke etc.) that routinely have top recruits listing them, yet sometimes go elsewhere, understand this.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 08:40 AM
I guesss I missed the press release saying that Beasley signed with KSUcks.

While we understand it is new to them to have top basketball recruits consider their coach errr, school, KSU fans need to learn that just because a prospect lists your school, it doesn't mean they will attend. Top-tier schools (i.e. Kansas, UNC, Duke etc.) that routinely have top recruits listing them, yet sometimes go elsewhere, understand this.
No shit, sherlock. I am fairly confident Beasely will come to K-State. The rest, i'm not sure.

This is funny coming from the fans that thought Darrell Arthur was a KU lock.

hawkchief
04-25-2006, 08:43 AM
No shit, sherlock. I am fairly confident Beasely will come to K-State. The rest, i'm not sure.

This is funny coming from the fans that thought Darrell Arthur was a KU lock.

Seems like until yesterday, a lot of KSU fans were also "fairly confident" that Mayo was coming to K-State. Just sayin...

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Seems like until yesterday, a lot of KSU fans were alos "fairly confident" that Mayo was coming to K-State. Just sayin...
I still think he comes to K-State. Beasely is a lock IMO.

ROYC75
04-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I just hope your OJ doesn't pull an O.J. and bring extra shame to the B12 !

There is enough bad pub going around with Baylor,MU, OU and KU, Now KSU hires ThuggyBear and the thugs are getting into the act while still in HS.

Best of luck ThuggyCats .........

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey now, he hasn't ripped off a Wal-Mart yet.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh, and this news isn't going to keep Mayo from going to college. Look for Mayo (and perhaps Walker) to transfer to Oak Hill academy to join KSU prospect Michael Beasely.

http://www.rareairshoes.com/images/Nike_Carmelo_Anthony_Red_Oak_Hill_High_School_Jersey.jpg

hawkchief
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Definition of desperate:

KSU fan drooling over the prospects of having a teenage basketball thug who reportedly beat up a teenage girl (second similar offense), possibly, maybe, conceivably, hopefully, an outside chance of, considering going to their school becasue thier drunk coach spent a year off in rehab "coaxing" the kid to consider moving out into the middle of pasture-land.

Doesn't get much more desperate than that.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Correction, the #1 rated in the nation teenage basketball thug.

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Cicinnati is looking smarter and smarter. KSU? Well...................

leviw
04-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Oh, and this news isn't going to keep Mayo from going to college. Look for Mayo (and perhaps Walker) to transfer to Oak Hill academy to join KSU prospect Michael Beasely.

http://www.rareairshoes.com/images/Nike_Carmelo_Anthony_Red_Oak_Hill_High_School_Jersey.jpg

From what I hear, Beasley isn't big on playing with Mayo. Not enough ball on the court to go around.

A lot happens in a year. I wouldn't count on either one at this point.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
From what I hear, Beasley isn't big on playing with Mayo. Not enough ball on the court to go around.

A lot happens in a year. I wouldn't count on either one at this point.
Jeffrey Martin is the man, btw.

I haven't heard that though. I think Beasely and Walker communicate alot, but not so much with Mayo?

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Cicinnati is looking smarter and smarter. KSU? Well...................
Cicinatti? Is that a suburb of Utica?

Seriously, check out the Cincinnati boards sometime. They are still lamenting the loss of Huggins. Plus there are quite a few Cincinnati fans who now root for K-State as well. I asked one of the local K-State merchandise stores here if they have had alot of orders to Ohio and they said "Hundreds."

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Cicinatti? Is that a suburb of Utica?

Seriously, check out the Cincinnati boards sometime. They are still lamenting the loss of Huggins. Plus there are quite a few Cincinnati fans who now root for K-State as well. I asked one of the local K-State merchandise stores here if they have had alot of orders to Ohio and they said "Hundreds."
Annnd, a letter poured in.

leviw
04-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Jeffrey Martin is the man, btw.

I haven't heard that though. I think Beasely and Walker communicate alot, but not so much with Mayo?

Jeffrey is the man. He's got a lot of contacts on this recruiting stuff too. He's got a good beat on what's happening with most of them, especially Beasely.

The way it sounds is Beasely is all but a lock to play in Manhattan. He loves Huggins. Loves him. But the Mayo addition may be the only detraction. The "ball hog" aspect and all. I honestly don't think Mayo will end up here. The "He's got to play somewhere for a year" theory is true, but why does it have to be at a college? I'm guessing he'll take the Prep School route. But, it's way to early to tell, I think. And that's just my opinion.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
Jeffrey is the man. He's got a lot of contacts on this recruiting stuff too. He's got a good beat on what's happening with most of them, especially Beasely.

The way it sounds is Beasely is all but a lock to play in Manhattan. He loves Huggins. Loves him. But the Mayo addition may be the only detraction. The "ball hog" aspect and all. I honestly don't think Mayo will end up here. The "He's got to play somewhere for a year" theory is true, but why does it have to be at a college? I'm guessing he'll take the Prep School route. But, it's way to early to tell, I think. And that's just my opinion.
Yeah, Jeffrey is now a poster on a K-State site i'm an admin on. I lured him there. :D

I thought Beasely loved Dalonte Hill. I'm also hoping Walker follows Beasely. I'm kind of waivering on Mayo. Not sure where he will end up, but I still think K-State is the leader.

ChiTown
04-25-2006, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Saulbadguy]Yeah, Jeffrey is now a poster on a K-State site i'm an admin on. I lured him there. :D
/QUOTE]

What site are you an admin on, Saul?

leviw
04-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, Jeffrey is now a poster on a K-State site i'm an admin on. I lured him there. :D

I thought Beasely loved Dalonte Hill. I'm also hoping Walker follows Beasely. I'm kind of waivering on Mayo. Not sure where he will end up, but I still think K-State is the leader.

Obviously Hill was the hook for Beasley. Huggins, though, has been the line and sinker. I agree with you on Mayo, if it's not the prep route, I think it will be K-State.

Yeah, tell your posters to keep his info on your board. No need feeding the GoPowercat guys. He likes sharing his thoughts; increases readership, contacts, etc., but a lesser audience is more with his personal thoughts regarding this stuff.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Obviously Hill was the hook for Beasley. Huggins, though, has been the line and sinker. I agree with you on Mayo, if it's not the prep route, I think it will be K-State.

Yeah, tell your posters to keep his info on your board. No need feeding the GoPowercat guys. He likes sharing his thoughts; increases readership, contacts, etc., but a lesser audience is more with his personal thoughts regarding this stuff.
We keep it to ourselves for the most part. Most of our posters don't want anything to do with the Rivals/Scout boards. His forum on the Eagle is awesome. Read the KU and WSU forums on the Eagle sometime. Jeffreys puts them to shame.

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 09:52 AM
We keep it to ourselves for the most part. Most of our posters don't want anything to do with the Rivals/Scout boards. His forum on the Eagle is awesome. Read the KU and WSU forums on the Eagle sometime. Jeffreys puts them to shame.
You got a link to the site you are an admin on?

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:54 AM
You got a link to the site you are an admin on?
http://www.ksufans.com

leviw
04-25-2006, 09:54 AM

He gets about 10 times as many questions asked to him than those guys do. It has been a big hit.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 09:56 AM
He gets about 10 times as many questions asked to him than those guys do. It has been a big hit.
I love the questions on the Plumlee forum.

Wichita State 21, Kansas 22, will you play us now?
Scott, Wichita, Ks 4/05/06
And your point is. . .?
Rick Plumlee 4/07/06

Do you think that Bill Self will be let go if they dont advance next year in the big dance?????
roger, galena,ks 3/27/06
No.
Rick Plumlee 3/28/06

Who is Wayne Simien getting married to?
Anonymous 3/25/06
Katie, who is from Florida.
Rick Plumlee 3/27/06

Is Wayne Simien getting married?
Anonymous 3/24/06
Yes.
Rick Plumlee 3/24/06

ROYC75
04-25-2006, 09:59 AM

Huh, would that be down the Yellow Brick Road ?

Scaga
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM
Another high character recruit from Mr. Huggins?

ROFL

leviw
04-25-2006, 10:06 AM
I love the questions on the Plumlee forum.

Wichita State 21, Kansas 22, will you play us now?
Scott, Wichita, Ks 4/05/06
And your point is. . .?
Rick Plumlee 4/07/06

Do you think that Bill Self will be let go if they dont advance next year in the big dance?????
roger, galena,ks 3/27/06
No.
Rick Plumlee 3/28/06

Who is Wayne Simien getting married to?
Anonymous 3/25/06
Katie, who is from Florida.
Rick Plumlee 3/27/06

Is Wayne Simien getting married?
Anonymous 3/24/06
Yes.
Rick Plumlee 3/24/06

Rick is one of the most...uh...unique guys I've ever met. Great guy. Would do anything for anybody. He's just a little different. His grandson was tragically killed right in front of him last March, and it's been a really really tough thing for him.

KevB
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Definition of desperate:

KSU fan drooling over the prospects of having a teenage basketball thug who reportedly beat up a teenage girl (second similar offense), possibly, maybe, conceivably, hopefully, an outside chance of, considering going to their school becasue thier drunk coach spent a year off in rehab "coaxing" the kid to consider moving out into the middle of pasture-land.

Doesn't get much more desperate than that.

He's looking for a coach/school that can get him past the 1st round of the tourney....

hawkchief
04-25-2006, 10:36 AM
He's looking for a coach/school that can get him past the 1st round of the tourney....

Kev,

Is it really necessary to get into the historical differences between between KU and KSU hoops? I don't think you really want to go down that road, do you?

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Youre a dumbass.

Oral Roberts < Tulsa < Illinois < Kansas Can't blame the guy really.

Alot of coaches have moved from place to place to get put into a better position, but not many coaches degrade themselves in terms of bball programs they coach at.

Suck a dick punk. Find a post where I claim anything like that.

I've made no claims to anything. I have made the obsevation that many KU fans on this board have said HUggins:

1) Would never sign with KSU.
2) Recruits would never some to Manhattan.
3) That if he did come, he'd only stay long enough to get a better gig.

Never mind that Huggins turned down numerous offers while at Cinci. So instead of just wasting calories plinking out completely stupid shiot, how about you read a little more?

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I just hope your OJ doesn't pull an O.J. and bring extra shame to the B12 !

There is enough bad pub going around with Baylor,MU, OU and KU, Now KSU hires ThuggyBear and the thugs are getting into the act while still in HS.

Best of luck ThuggyCats .........

You mean shame like Giddens?

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I see Skip just registered on ksufans.com

It's okay skip, nobody wants to play in Manhattan anyway.

You hack Okie.

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Seriously, I am loving this.

Just the thought of bringing in players sends them into seizures.

ROYC75
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
You mean shame like Giddens?

Yep, I'm still pissed about that. KU's standards have been violated by the AD and I'm not pleased one damn bit.

For your sake & the B12,The B12 has taken it's fair share of abuse and scandals ....... Best of luck.

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM

No shit. He's been the best addition to the board since... well... skip towne.

Owned again skip.

ROYC75
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM

Bothers me the least....... it's the baggage we can do without.

But whatever turns your crank ...... just crank it.

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 11:41 AM

Seizures of laughter. When are you going to get someone that contending schools want? And no, hayseed, Washington isn't a contending school.

schneider221
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM

this is what everyone is making fun of kstaters for. they think ku fans are really scared of these recruits. yes with huggins they will get better. yes they may pull in a few mcdonalds all americans, but do you guys really think oj mayo is going to stay more then one year. they have been talking about this kid to the nba since he was a freshmen. if they didnt do the age rule for the draft he would be one of the top picks. if huggins gets all these guys your looking at you will have atleast one year of top 20 basketball and more if he can get them to stay. i dont know one ku fan that is worried( im actually excited for a better rivalry) but i know a ton of ksu fans who think we are shakin in our boots.

btw the way KU already has a list of top players just waiting sign on paper. cole aldrich. travis releford who has ku unc duke on his list but is from kansas city and sat behind ku's bench for more then a handful of games last year. he is ku's to lose similiar to some of these guys huggins has. xavier henry, younger brother of cj henry who commited to ku before being drafted by the yankees. younger brother already shown he was better bball player then cj and has been to a couple late nights already. not to mention dad played at ku.

Skip Towne
04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
I see Skip just registered on ksufans.com

It's okay skip, nobody wants to play in Manhattan anyway.

You hack Okie.
Yeah, Clevis, I did my email thing and the sumbitches still won't let me on. What a chickenshit, lightweight site. I just want to talk some basketball.

Saulbadguy
04-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Clevis, I did my email thing and the sumbitches still won't let me on. What a chickenshit, lightweight site. I just want to talk some basketball.
Your account is activated. Problem?

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2006, 12:54 PM
An altercation. Is it even possible for them to be any more vague?

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Your account is activated. Problem?

Gotta be smarter than a sat tech to log on, I guess.

WilliamTheIrish
04-25-2006, 05:35 PM
An altercation. Is it even possible for them to be any more vague?

No. But according to resident Toucans, he's a thug. Give the guy a chance to slash somebody at least.

Saulbadguy
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
10 days, and not 180 days?

Suspended Mayo misses party
Walker says star was in fight
BY TOM GROESCHEN AND DUSTIN DOW | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITERS

North College Hill threw a party for its Division III state title-winning basketball team Tuesday night, but star player O.J. Mayo, one of the best high school basketball players in the country, did not attend.

According to Bill Walker, a member of the North College Hill team, Mayo has been suspended from school as a result of getting into a fight.

The suspension was confirmed by two NCH sources and a member of the NCH school board.
ADVERTISEMENT

The sources would not say whether the length of Mayo's suspension has been established. A local TV station reported Monday that Mayo had been suspended for 180 days. That figure, the sources said, is not accurate.

Walker also said the 180-day figure is incorrect.

"He (Mayo) got into a fight and got suspended for 10 days," Walker said. "It wasn't 180 days. I don't know where that came from."

NCH superintendent Gary Gellert and principal Kelly Hughes both said the school cannot comment on student disciplinary matters.

Gellert, Hughes and several other school officials, including athletic director Joe Nickel and head coach Jamie Mahaffey, repeatedly have declined to answer questions about Mayo.

Walker said he expected Mayo back in school before the end of the school year.

As for next season, Mayo is considering a transfer to Oak Hill Academy (Va.). Oak Hill officials are aware of his suspension at NCH and indicated it could impact whether Mayo might be accepted to Oak Hill.

Walker, a junior whose eligibility for next season is under review by the Ohio High School Athletic Association, also stayed away from Tuesday night's celebration.

Nickel would not comment on Mayo, but said Walker stayed home Tuesday night after a reporter had interviewed Walker at school earlier.

"Bill did not come tonight because he knew there would be reporters here, and he said he's tired of dealing with the media," Nickel said.

Tuesday's event, held in the NCH gymnasium, was attended by about 150 NCH fans and was hosted by North College Hill mayor Dan Brooks.

"I don't know the details, but I know (Mayo) is suspended," Brooks said, just before the rally began. "I think there is a lot of misinformation out there about what is going on, but tonight we're here to celebrate the team."

And celebrate they did. Ten NCH players took the basketball court Tuesday night to cheers from the crowd. Chairs were arranged on the basketball court for the players and coaches and cheerleaders. Brooks and NCH City Council members also were seated at chairs on the court.

Several awards and trophies were presented, and the Trojans' 2006 state title trophy - won last month - had a place of honor on a table at midcourt. Brooks and council also passed an ordinance that renamed Kumler Avenue - which runs off Galbraith Road to the high school - as "Trojan Way."

Brooks also referred to the intense media scrutiny NCH's team has received.

The Trojans finished No. 3 nationally in the USA Today poll but are under a national media microscope, with a season of injuries, illnesses and transfer rumors.

"You shouldn't apologize for being good," Brooks said, addressing NCH players as the crowd listened Tuesday. "Be proud of it ... I'm proud of you, and the North College Hill is proud of you."

Mayo and Walker were not the only players who did not show. Starting point guard Damon Butler (ill) and regular forward Andre Evans also were not there, although Evans' mother accepted some awards for her son.

Paul Leary, a senior forward, said the scene was a bit odd without junior superstars Mayo and Walker.

"It's strange that O.J. isn't here," Leary said. "He's always at the big events, right in the middle of things. I don't know what's going on."

Mayo this season won his second consecutive Ohio Mr. Basketball award. He has averaged between 27 and 30 points each of his three seasons at NCH, and is widely rated the No. 1 high school junior player in America.

Walker is generally rated among the top five juniors by most scouts, and this year he averaged 21.7 points while sharing Ohio Division III Player of the Year honors with Mayo. Mayo this year also repeated as a first-team USA Today All-American.

hawkchief
04-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Sure smells fishy, then again, when you are talking about kids Huggins is involved with, it usually is.

Saulbadguy
04-26-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't think it really matters how long he is suspended from NCH, personally. I'm fairly sure he will be attending Oak Hill next year.

SquirrellyBastard
04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
Boy, he must have really beat that girl to get suspended for 10 days! pfft...

Hell, she could have been 6'2'', 250 lbs. He may have been defending himself.

I'm sure all of the people posting on this thread have no moment in their lives that they wouldn't take back..

The kid is in High School. I love the post college / professional people on here judging people. That's why I love this place!

ROYC75
04-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Is he going to be another Allen Iverson ?

Someday maturity will catch up with him ..... maybe.

ChiTown
04-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Sure smells fishy, then again, when you are talking about kids Huggins is involved with, it usually is.

This is good stuff, coming from a Fraud U fan

ROFL

ROYC75
04-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Sure is nice to see a little fire in these Kittens eyes and comments since ThuggyBear has arrived. It's been a long time since they have had something to get excited about.

Good Times ........

Saulbadguy
04-26-2006, 09:10 AM
ROFL

ChiTown
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Sure is nice to see a little fire in these Kittens eyes and comments since ThuggyBear has arrived. It's been a long time since they have had something to get excited about.

Good Times ........

Apparently you're not a college football fan.............

ROYC75
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Apparently you're not a college football fan.............

B I N G O ...... Very seldom watch much college football. Some, but not that much, less now than ever before.

WilliamTheIrish
04-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Sure smells fishy, ...

Get your nose out of skip's birth canal.