PDA

View Full Version : Brian Waters

kczoo
04-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Christ Allmighty...I was watching a Tivo'd Chiefs NFL Yearbook from 2004 last night. I never really paid much attention to him. This dudes a freakin MONSTER! Damn, he manhandled the HELL outta Ray Lewis. Im going to watch him more this year

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 06:57 PM
There's a reason that he's in the Hall of Fame.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Yep.

That was the Monday Night Game when Ray Lewis was miked and complaining of being double teamed all night, when replays showed that both Waters and T-Rich dominated him all night long.

IIRC, Madden even commented that Lewis' "doubleteam" comment was FOS.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Brian Waters is no Tom brady

plbrdude
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Brian Waters is no Tom brady

he is the offensive equivilent of rich scanlon

KC Jones
04-24-2006, 07:14 PM
There's a reason that he's in the Hall of Fame.

uh... he might want to make a few more pro bowls first.

beer bacon
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
uh... he might want to make a few more pro bowls first.

Hater.

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Yep.

That was the Monday Night Game when Ray Lewis was miked and complaining of being double teamed all night, when replays showed that both Waters and T-Rich dominated him all night long.

IIRC, Madden even commented that Lewis' "doubleteam" comment was FOS.
Waters and T-Rch DID double team him. On one play they pushed him clear off the field. Lewis said " It took two of y'all, it took two of y'all". T-Rich turned back to him and said "We'll be here all night".

mcan
04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Waters and T-Rch DID double team him. On one play they pushed him clear off the field. Lewis said " It took two of y'all, it took two of y'all". T-Rich turned back to him and said "We'll be here all night".

that was a fun game. I think I'll pop in that tape tonight while I eat my Totinos Party Pizzas

Oh my GOD this was a good idea...

John Travolta doing the pre-game Monday Night Intro: Not so good...

Whosurdaddy
04-24-2006, 08:06 PM
I hope you had expressed written consent from CBS and the national football leauge to tape that... :shake: :D

Rain Man
04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
That was the game where Gunther was getting into it with the Baltimore fans, wasn't it?

mcan
04-24-2006, 10:39 PM
That was the game where Gunther was getting into it with the Baltimore fans, wasn't it?

I think it was.... We were 0-3, and it was his first season back. The fans were jarring him pretty hard, I'd imagine. When we took care of business, he was packing up and giving it to em good.

I'll see it for sure in about 10 minutes. Bullshit pass interferance, then Warfield picked off Boller. But there is a holding penalty. Automatic first down for Ravens at the 1...

Touchdown Jamal Lewis...

27 - 24 with 9:14 left.

BigRock
04-24-2006, 11:00 PM
They did double-team him, but not on every play like Ray kept whining about. There was a Sportsline article last year just before the season about the Ravens going to a new defensive scheme, and it brought up the KC game. Ray was still talking about it, claiming he was double-teamed on all but 3 or 4 snaps or something ridiculous.

That was one of the really rare times that I can remember John Madden ever going after one of the "stars" of the league, because after they showed that "they're double-teamin' me every play!" comment, Madden was pointing out almost every down when it only took one guy to knock Ray out of the play.

Rausch
04-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Will Shields II...

Boon
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Great game.
Great to hear Lewis whine like a bitch.
Waters is a man-beast.

Skip Towne
04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
I think it was.... We were 0-3, and it was his first season back. The fans were jarring him pretty hard, I'd imagine. When we took care of business, he was packing up and giving it to em good.

I'll see it for sure in about 10 minutes. Bullshit pass interferance, then Warfield picked off Boller. But there is a holding penalty. Automatic first down for Ravens at the 1...

Touchdown Jamal Lewis...

27 - 24 with 9:14 left.
Watch for the play where they pushed him clear off the field. Unnecessarily, I might add as they had him completely out of the play. They just did it to embarrass him knowing he was miked.

mcan
04-24-2006, 11:17 PM
Watch for the play where they pushed him clear off the field. Unnecessarily, I might add as they had him completely out of the play. They just did it to embarrass him knowing he was miked.

You mean the Roaf/Richardson one?... Where he got knocked over and said, "It's gonna take two of you" over and over... Then Richardson said, "We'll be here all night."

By the way, Gun was yelling at two college aged guys next to the booth. I couldn't read any of his lips except for the obvious, "...Your F*cking a$$es..." and he had a certain fire in his eyes.

Then an older guy said something to him, and Gun kinda smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said something with a really calm expression. It looked like a, "Yeah, I'm sorry you had to hear that..." kinda thing...

Jayhawkerman2001
04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
Brian Waters is a freakin bull. And its great because he doesnt have an agent, he wants to do everything by himself and he says he wants to be here for his entire career. So yah, hes definitely a Will shields II

brent102fire
04-25-2006, 01:56 AM
I met Brian at the Pro Bowl this year during their practice/game. Right after the whistle blew at practice, he turned around and started walking over to the stands. I was in the front row with my Chiefs gear on. He came over and thanked the fans for coming out and supporting them. He signed my Chiefs Football and hat and signed alot of stuff for all the fans. He's a real humble, down to earth guy. I tossed my Tony "I'm too good for my fans" Gonzalez jersey into the Chiefs memorabilia box I have in the garage. Then, I bought an authentic Brian Waters jersey that I am going to wear to the games I attend this year. Brian Waters is a class act!!!!!! :clap: :thumb: :toast: :rockon:

grandllama
04-25-2006, 01:58 AM
You mean the Roaf/Richardson one?... Where he got knocked over and said, "It's gonna take two of you" over and over... Then Richardson said, "We'll be here all night." ...

We're all going to miss TRICH more than we know...

Color Red
04-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Wasn't that also the night that Lewis said he was double-teamed all night (a self compliment to suggest it takes two people to handle him), but replays showed that Waters or Richardson often handled him each by themselves?

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Wasn't that also the night that Lewis said he was double-teamed all night (a self compliment to suggest it takes two people to handle him), but replays showed that Waters or Richardson often handled him each by themselves?

Hell, he got pancaked twice by JORDAN BLACK.

Braincase
04-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Brian Waters - the one-man double team.