PDA

View Full Version : Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade

The Poz
04-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Raiders | Rumor alert: NFL Draft trade
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:51:03 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports one rumor making the rounds has the New York Jets (No. 4) swapping their first-round pick with the Oakland Raiders (No. 7), who want a quarterback.

I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs face a rookie twice this season instead of watching Aaron Brooks come back to life with those WR's.

The Poz
04-25-2006, 11:32 AM
this just follwed:

Raiders | Brooks is not the answer
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:27:45 -0700

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders do not see QB Aaron Brooks as a long-term solution at quarterback. They will probably take a quarterback in the upcoming draft, perhaps as early as the first round.

Hopefully they'll take Cutler, looks like a dough-head with a losing record.

Mr. Laz
04-25-2006, 11:33 AM
i hope the faiders end up with Vince young

they'll destroy him ROFL

CosmicPal
04-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Maybe, they'll move up to draft a punter.

ct
04-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I just don't get it frankly. If Tennessee takes Leinart, then Oakland can sit tight and take Young @7. But if the Titans take Young, what does Oakland move up for? Rumor had it, they wanted Young, not Leinart/Cutler.

Old Dog
04-25-2006, 12:23 PM
The Jets could take Leinart if available as well.

jspchief
04-25-2006, 12:24 PM
I just don't get it frankly. If Tennessee takes Leinart, then Oakland can sit tight and take Young @7. But if the Titans take Young, what does Oakland move up for? Rumor had it, they wanted Young, not Leinart/Cutler.Maybe Young isn't the guy they want. They can move up to 4 and be guaranteed either Williams, Davis, Bush, or Ferguson. I think there's a notable drop off after those top 4. Maybe they don't want a QB at all.

htismaqe
04-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Maybe Young isn't the guy they want. They can move up to 4 and be guaranteed either Williams, Davis, Bush, or Ferguson. I think there's a notable drop off after those top 4. Maybe they don't want a QB at all.

Exactly. They could be trying to get in on Williams.

ct
04-25-2006, 12:36 PM
That was kinda my thinking. Doesn't make sense to move up for a QB, when they can get that @4. As much as I'd like for them to move up for Young, the pre-draft advertising confirms for me it's a ruse.

ct
04-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Little update on the Raiders rumors, check this wacky scenario out:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2006/04/26/SPGCRIFFNG1.DTL

Copy/Paste Summary - "The three-way trade rumor has come out of New York. It goes like this:

The Saints and Jets would swap positions, allowing New Orleans to select Williams at No. 4. The Jets would then trade the No. 2 pick to the Raiders in exchange for the seventh selection, wide receiver Jerry Porter and additional picks, likely future choices. That move would allow the Raiders to pick either Leinart or Young.

Meanwhile, the Jets would draft offensive lineman D'Brickashaw Ferguson at No. 7, if the Packers haven't grabbed him at No. 5, then trade Ferguson's rights to the Saints.

This kind of multiple-team trade may be common in the NBA but rarely happens in the NFL. Plus, any trade involving Porter would immediately accelerate the remainder of the $7 million signing bonus he received last year.

How much stock would one NFL general manager put in this rumor?

"It's B.S.," the GM said flatly."