PDA

View Full Version : Draft scenario - anybody listen to Dan Patrick on the radio?

ct
04-25-2006, 11:56 AM
Friend of mine was out for a Dr. appt, heard John Clayton on Patrick's show hyping a draft scenario. The lead-in to this topic, before a commercial break, has Clayton hinting of a "very possible" scenario where Leinart falls way out of the top10, all the way to Minnesota at 17.

My friend is a huge Vikes fan, so he's goin all Pavlov over this, but he had to get into the Dr.'s office, been waiting for this appt for over a month(has a torn labrum, can hardly use his arm, so kinda important). Personally, I'd have waited in the car, but that's just me.

Anyway, he missed the discussion, and I can't find it posted anywhere out there. Does anybody listen to the show, and can relay what this scenario was?

eazyb81
04-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I didn't hear it, but Clayton has been pretty vocal recently about Leinart dropping and being the last of the big 3 QBs to go. He was on Mike and Mike this morning and said that he wouldn't be surprised if Leinart took a freefall similar to Rodgers last year. Mike Golic openly disagreed with him on the spot, so I don't think there is much to this besides Clayton's personal opinion and what he has heard from certain NFL people.

oldandslow
04-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I heard it.

He was quoting John Clayton saying that ML would drop.

However, he misunderstood Clayton (who came on the show) who was making the argument that 1) the Jets would not take a QB and 2) it would be Cutler, not ML who was dropping to the Vikes at 17.

Hope that helps.

ct
04-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I heard it.

He was quoting John Clayton saying that ML would drop.

However, he misunderstood Clayton (who came on the show) who was making the argument that 1) the Jets would not take a QB and 2) it would be Cutler, not ML who was dropping to the Vikes at 17.

Hope that helps.

It does. Cutler I could see falling a bit, as he does have some risk attached coming from a struggling Vanderbilt program. Leinart I just don't see him falling.

HerculesRockefell
04-25-2006, 02:36 PM
No QB will get past the 15th pick. If the Vikes want a QB, they have to get above the Broncos.