PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here ever stayed at the "Great Wolf Lodge" ??

Deberg_1990
04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
I was thinking about staying there for a few nights with the family this summer when we come up. Impressions??? Is it worth $300 bucks a night??

jidar
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm curious about this as well and for the same reasons.

I'm also wondering if there are any other places I should take the family? We intend on staying 3 or 4 days and doing the Zoo and Worlds of Fun at least, probably catch a Royals game as well if we can time it right.

Phobia
04-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Your kids will love it and have the time of their lives. Is that worth 300 a night? I don't know. Maybe you can try it a couple nights and stay somewhere more sensible for the remainder of the vacation.

stumppy
04-26-2006, 08:54 AM
I've stayed at a few lodges and woke up with some wolves before. Does that count ?

BTW, I don't recommend it.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Your kids will love it and have the time of their lives. Is that worth 300 a night? I don't know. Maybe you can try it a couple nights and stay somewhere more sensible for the remainder of the vacation.

I would stay there no more than 2 nights. I can stay with the In-Laws the rest of my time in KC.

KingPriest2
04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Go to their website there are usually specials on it.

My brother and his family went there last summer and we went there during the day. They enjoyed it. It is a real cool place.

morphius
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Go to their website there are usually specials on it.

My brother and his family went there last summer and we went there during the day. They enjoyed it. It is a real cool place.
That's cool, looks like their Family Room is going for $179 a night until almost the end of May.

hawkchief
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Went there two month ago. Took our 6 & 8 year old girls. They had a blast, and once you come to grips with the fact that it is for them, you will too.

Bring earplugs if you want to relax in the pool area - extremely loud. Also, the chlorinee level is HIGH, and it will make your eyes uncomfortable. Other than that, it is fun, but IMO overpriced for what you get.

KingPriest2
04-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Went there two month ago. Took our 6 & 8 year old girls. They had a blast, and once you come to grips with the fact that it is for them, you will too.

Bring earplugs if you want to relax in the pool area - extremely loud. Also, the chlorinee level is HIGH, and it will make your eyes uncomfortable. Other than that, it is fun, but IMO overpriced for what you get.

How old are you 110?

It is for everyone. I had a blast when I was there.

Don't listen to wha the says. It is for everyone.

4th and Long
04-26-2006, 10:12 AM
We were talking about going there next month, that is, until I saw their rates. :shake:

John_Locke
04-26-2006, 04:02 PM
it is a great time. Especially for the kids. There is a hottub area just for adults and no kids, very romantic says the wife

KingPriest2
04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
it is a great time. Especially for the kids. There is a hottub area just for adults and no kids, very romantic says the wife

You could at least say thanks to me. She really did enjoy it. :)

HC_Chief
04-26-2006, 04:18 PM
One night is enough. It is fun, but boring after a day.

mdstu
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Get a room somewhere else and just go there one day. Get waterpark passes and hangout until the chaos drives you away. I went in Feb a few years ago for around $135 a night and still didn't think it was worth it. It was probably nicer when it first opened, but I thought the room wasn't really that nice. (for that kind of money)

Bowser
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
One night is enough. It is fun, but boring after a day.

Concur.

They stick it to you in price, but the kiddies have fun. And they sleep well at night from being worn the hell out.

A day pass is probably the best way to go.