PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough: "Republican pigs ... wasting more money than ... Democrats ever did"

jAZ
04-26-2006, 03:36 PM
http://jewishworldreview.com/0406/scarborough041806.php3

Jewish World Review April 18, 2006 / 20 Nissan, 5766

Who cares if GOP loses Congress?

By Joe Scarborough

Who really cares if Republicans lose Congress? Certainly not GOP leaders in the US House.

As the Wall Street Journal reported, the Republican pigs running Congress are wasting more money than those big-spending Democrats ever did.

Last month's deficit was the highest ever. But while Rome burns, Republicans obsess over their earmarks.

Conservative Republicans. What an oxymoron.

There is nothing conservative about the party to which I once proudly belonged. Like millions, I am disgusted by my party and their leaders.

A handful of responsible adults still understand the need for reform. But don't tell that to GOP bulls who have been trying to spend money like drunken sailors since they were empowered by the Revolution of 1994.

Some revolution.

A decade later, Republicans have given America the biggest deficit ever. The biggest debt ever. The biggest trade gap ever. The highest spending increases ever. A 110% increase in the education bureaucracy. A 100% increase in the Justice bureaucracy. An 88% increase in the Department of HHS. More pork projects than ever before. More earmarks than ever before. More reckless spending projects than ever before. A bigger, more wasteful government than ever before.

Why the hell should conservatives work to put these whores back in their perches of power?

Could Nancy Pelosi's Congress be worse?

Not on the spending level, because George W. Bush would have the courage to veto her outrageous spending bills. Sadly, he has shown no such fortitude with his own party in charge.

It is disgusting. It is also a problem I diagnosed two years ago in my book. But Republicans weren't listening then and they won't listen now.

In fact, most of these bloated, sad figures won't figure out the political score until Denny Hastert passes the Speaker's gavel to Nancy Pelosi. Then watch the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin for a political party that lost Congress because they lost the trust of their biggest supporters.

They deserve whatever they get.

Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.

Former Congressman Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.) hosts “Scarborough Country,” 10 p.m. ET, weeknights on MSNBC. He is the author of the recently published "Rome Wasn't Burnt in a Day : The Real Deal on How Politicians, Bureaucrats, and Other Washington Barbarians are Bankrupting America". (Click HERE to purchase. Sales help fund JWR.)Comment by clicking here.

milehighfan
04-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I tell this to my conservative friends all the time. Many of them own their own businesses (as I do) and believe that the conservatives fight for them. I believe in fighting for the common man. I have never seen a CEO build a car, clean a restroom or pick a fruit. It is a the little people that built this country. It is about time we take some from the rich and give to the poor.

Baby Lee
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
So I assume you join Joe in the push for reductions in Education, Justice, HHS, Spending projects, and entitlements.

HC_Chief
04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
So I assume you join Joe in the push for reductions in Education, Justice, HHS, Spending projects, and entitlements.

I know I do! :)

jAZ
04-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll let grid lock do it's job. Letting one party have the run of DC is just outright stuipidity, regardless of your funding priorities.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2006, 06:26 PM
the whole idea that the GOP was financially responsible has been a complete joke for a long time.

they only yell about spending when it's something they don't like. They spend like nobodies business when it's the crazy chit they like.

HC_Chief
04-27-2006, 08:41 AM
I'll let grid lock do it's job. Letting one party have the run of DC is just outright stuipidity, regardless of your funding priorities.

Grid lock only serves to halt action.... we need reversal. I don't expect that to happen tho', no party has the balls to face the wrath of special interests.

Kraut
04-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Wow !! I agree with him 110%. That is why I left the GOP for an independent party. He is dead on by saying the GOP can no longer be classified as conservative. Most conservatives I know have left the party. They get what they deserve in Nov.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Wow !! I agree with him 110%. That is why I left the GOP for an independent party. He is dead on by saying the GOP can no longer be classified as conservative. Most conservatives I know have left the party. They get what they deserve in Nov.I don't think they will. I think the Reps remain in control because of the current "my team vs. your team" political climate. Sure, some Reps have left, but some Dems have left as well. I think things stay pretty much the same.

Kraut
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I don't think they will. I think the Reps remain in control because of the current "my team vs. your team" political climate. Sure, some Reps have left, but some Dems have left as well. I think things stay pretty much the same.
And that is pretty much the biggest problem in Washington.

Baby Lee
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think they will. I think the Reps remain in control because of the current "my team vs. your team" political climate. Sure, some Reps have left, but some Dems have left as well. I think things stay pretty much the same.
Todays citizenry are those chics on MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16,' and the two parties are the divorced parents each trying to prove they love their kid more.

banyon
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Todays citizenry are those chics on MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16,' and the two parties are the divorced parents each trying to prove they love their kid more.

That's a great analogy, BL.

I like it. :thumb:

Baby Lee
04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
That's a great analogy, BL.

I like it. :thumb:
And the Bush admin's biggest domestic miscalculation was that people would love them is they just acted like their goody dispensing opposition. I understand the PTSD they suffer from being demonized as the party that wants grandma to eat dogfood to pay for her prescription. But the people who espouse that rhetoric don't just want entitlements, they want entitlements dispensed by Democrats they elected.
Extending the analogy, Repubs are the parent that makes Sweet 16 go to church, iron her school clothes, do her homework, and come in the 12th hour with a Lexus, while the Dems are the parent who lets them have a beer and hang out with her friends without a curfew.