PDA

View Full Version : Which should I play first (computer games)?

Nightwish
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
I just picked up Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition (includes all three NWN adventures, plus the Kingmaker module trilogy), and Diablo Battlechest (Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo II Expansion Set) today. Those of you who have played both, or either one, which would you recommend I play first?

ChiefsFire
04-26-2006, 04:30 PM
whichever one you play..get your homework done first

Nightwish
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
whichever one you play..get your homework done first
Shit, I got that done 20 years ago!

scorpio
04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
The year 2003 called, they want their games back

KC Jones
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Install NWN, don't play any of the cmapaigns the game comes with. Instead go to the NWNVault and download the community modules.

Mr. Laz
04-26-2006, 05:57 PM
2 completely different games imo

Diablo is a online/rpg/fighting game

NWN is a single player RPG/adventure game

imo Diablo is one addictive sombeyotch and the better game. But part of the game is interactive with other people online. So you're gonna run into the normal hacks/cheats and asshole Pk'ers (like Saul). But if you get/make some friends and play you can have a blast.

NWN is interesting ... but it only kept my attention playing it through twice.... Diablo i played until i just about wore the disk out.

oaklandhater
04-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Diablo II Hardcore style no hacks and only one life to live,Thats the only way to play.

Nightwish
04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
2 completely different games imo

Diablo is a online/rpg/fighting game

NWN is a single player RPG/adventure game
NWN now has some online playing options, too, though I don't think it originally had that. But it's not as broad as mmporpg. I think it said somewhere that 64 players is the most any one game will handle simultaneously.

Frazod
04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm actually playing Morrowind right now - I borrowed it from a friend a couple of years ago and forgot about it - started playing it a couple of weeks ago when I was bored one night and got hooked. Hell, I even ordered the strategy guide.

So in my case, 2002 is calling and wants it's game back. :D

A good game is a good game. There are some games from the 90s I'd still play if I could - unfortunately, they don't work on the newer computers.

Rausch
04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm actually playing Morrowind right now - I borrowed it from a friend a couple of years ago and forgot about it - started playing it a couple of weeks ago when I was bored one night and got hooked. Hell, I even ordered the strategy guide.

Ze german in me is too tight to pay for that $#it...

http://www.gamefaqs.com

jspchief
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
I would probably play Diablo first since I'm pretty sure it's the oldest. That way you don't see as much regression in graphics and gameplay.

If you start at with NWN, going to Diablo will feel like a big step down.

Frazod
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Ze german in me is too tight to pay for that $#it...

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Thanks! :thumb:

HC_Chief
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Diablo series = "digital crack"

It is NOT exclusively online, as some have stated. The SP game is very enjoyable. Hell, the SP campaigns online w/ other players is a blast as well. The PvP MP game kinda sucks due to dipshit hax0rz and PKers (typical online gaming stupidity).

Diablo II + Expansion rank at the top of my all-time list. The game is outstanding.

FYI: Fire Sorceress is one bad bitch. :D

Best source for Diablo II info = The Arreat Summit (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/)

Pants
04-28-2006, 01:04 PM
What's with all the Diablo II love? The graphics suck, the game play is stupid": "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click." I've played through the game and the exp pack and even used to play online a little bit and it's nowhere as good or as addicting as some of the other RPGs or MMORPGs.

ChiefFripp
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Battlefield 2

KILLER_CLOWN
05-06-2006, 02:01 PM
What's with all the Diablo II love? The graphics suck, the game play is stupid": "click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click." I've played through the game and the exp pack and even used to play online a little bit and it's nowhere as good or as addicting as some of the other RPGs or MMORPGs.

BS it's the MOST addictive game of alltime, i just managed to kick the habit since returning from my vacation. MMORPG's are mostly crap and money suckers whereas D2 is simply an all your freetime sucker. I wouldn't say the graphics are a step up on nwn i could never get into it, i'm waiting for Neverwinter nights 2 and will try it again as i loved the older ssi/interplay D&D games.