PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Launching Battlestar Galactica prequel

keg in kc
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
My first response...WTF?

'CAPRICA' (http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23139)

From executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick ('Battlestar Galactica'), writer Remi Aubuchon ('24') and NBC Universal Television Studio, this new series is set over a half a century before the events that play out in 'Battlestar Galactica.' The people of the Twelve Colonies are at peace and living in a society not unlike our own, but where high-technology has changed the lives of virtually everyone for the better. But a startling breakthrough in robotics is about to occur, one that will bring to life the age-old dream of marrying artificial intelligence with a mechanical body to create the first living robot - a Cylon. Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the 'Battlestar Galactica') 'Caprica' weaves corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga.

jspchief
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Squeeze a few more bucks out of one of the few good things on SciFi

Jamie
04-26-2006, 09:27 PM
It sounds like an interesting idea, but something more suited to a miniseries than a regular one.

unlurking
04-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Have always been a little "curious" about the cylon revolution. This could be good if written well.

Miles
04-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Sounds interesting, so long as there is not a big drop in production quality and writing compaired to the current show. Even if it is merely decent at least its another sci-fi show on TV.

unlurking
04-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Sounds interesting, so long as there is not a big drop in production quality and writing compaired to the current show. Even if it is merely decent at least its another sci-fi show on TV.
Yep, as long as it doesn't turn out like "Galactica 1980". My god, but that was a horrid spin-off.

Deberg_1990
04-26-2006, 10:27 PM
Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the 'Battlestar Galactica') 'Caprica' weaves corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga.

Sounds more like Battlestar Falcons Crest to me....no thanks.

Miles
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Sounds more like Battlestar Falcons Crest to me....no thanks.

I kind of skim read it the first time and missed the "first science fiction family saga." you quoted. My reaction has now changed to WTF.