Dunit35
04-27-2006, 03:00 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14437652.htm

COACH SAYS HE’S STAYING
Wildcats can relax
Speculation over Huggins to West Virginia ends
By HOWARD RICHMAN
The Kansas City Star
Bob Huggins to West Virginia? Yeah, right.

“Bob and myself had a nice chuckle over that one,” Kansas State athletic director Tim Weiser said Wednesday.

Speculation was running rampant that K-State might lose Huggins — who hasn’t coached a basketball game for the Wildcats and is yet to even sign his contract — to West Virginia. That’s because Mountaineers coach John Beilein reportedly was in negotiations to become the new coach at North Carolina State.

By nightfall, however, the Huggins-to-West Virginia rumor was crushed. Beilein nipped that speculation in the bud by issuing a statement that he would remain with the Mountaineers.

The Huggins-West Virginia angle actually made sense. He played at West Virginia. He was a candidate to be the Mountaineers’ head coach several years ago, but it fell through, and Beilein got the job.

Another reason to be concerned about Huggins is his unsigned contract.

“We’re still crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s,” Huggins’ attorney, Richard Katz, said Wednesday afternoon. “It’s not unusual (that it hasn’t been signed). Sometimes it takes months. There’s still some things to do on it, just some language things. The delay is probably my fault.”

Weiser spoke Wednesday with Huggins, who assured him he planned on being at K-State. Weiser added that an oral agreement by law in the state of Kansas is as good as a signed agreement.

“That still doesn’t mean he couldn’t leave if he wanted,” Weiser said, “but Bob told me, ‘How could I say the things I’ve been saying about Kansas State, to the kids, and go someplace else?’ He assured me he plans on building a winner at Kansas State. I can tell you all this speculation is not something I’m worried about.”

In the end, thanks in part to Beilein putting this to bed, Weiser could get a good night’s sleep.

Katz’s take on all of this hoopla?

“I don’t think there’s any question he (Huggins) is committed to K-State.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To reach Howard Richman, K-State reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4701 or send e-mail to hrichman@kcstar.com

Repost, don't know?

Saulbadguy
04-27-2006, 06:38 AM
“We’re still crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s,” Huggins’ attorney, Richard Katz, said Wednesday afternoon. “It’s not unusual (that it hasn’t been signed). Sometimes it takes months. There’s still some things to do on it, just some language things. The delay is probably my fault.”

"OMG! WHY HASN'T HE SIGNED A CONTRACT! HE'S AS GOOD AS GONE K-STATE FANS! LOL!L!L!L!!!!1111"

Dumbasses.

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2006, 07:54 AM
you were scared a little bit. and for that, I rejoice. Your team aint done shit yet... and I imagine we will still beat your ass in Manhattan next year to continue our domination over your pathetic university, that you sometimes like.

Im just glad that we broke you of your KU-KSUck wishy-washiness. You cant like both teams, suckka. Finally, you learned... heh.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Scared a little bit? Yeah, right. Make a Wish, Ali.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56594&stc=1

Skip Towne
04-27-2006, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't put anything past Huggins. It's not often winning coaches get fired. It takes pretty good reasons for it to happen.

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2006, 08:20 AM
I did make a wish, that you would stop being wishywashy, and stop liking my awesome Jayhawks.

We broke you of your habit, and for that, I rejoice.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2006, 08:22 AM
ROFL

Very little effort on your part. Try, try again.

ROYC75
04-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Rejoice Rejoice :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can sleep well at night now. (T)huggy Bear will make the B12 a tougher place to play now. Just sign the damn contract, already. Get on with it.Maybe we can put all of this kitty cat shit to rest now.

On a side note, some of my family and in laws ( Kitten fans ) will rest better now.

Hey Saul, when you go in to The Library, tell my BIL he still sucks for choosing KSuck over KU. :D