PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the denizens of Washington DC.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM
All,

Over the last few weeks, I've contacted many of you regarding the volume of complaints I've been receiving regarding Chiefs Express, both from him and from those who don't like him.

I've asked many of you to cease and desist, and yet the problem continues.

I'm here to tell you right now:

This WILL stop, immediately

There have been PM's exchanged, a profusion of stupid rep comments, and things have even spilled over into phone calls and harassment in real life.

The moderators of this board are NOT babysitters, and I personally am sick and tired of receiving complaints about this.

So let this serve as a simple, concise, and very clear message to all of you:

All complaints I receive from here on out will result in two-day bans for ALL involved. I don't care anymore who is the victim and who is the antagonist, everybody will receive bans.

I don't want to see his name here, I don't want to see his phone number.

Braincase
04-27-2006, 08:57 AM
He's got the can, and he'll open it...

mlyonsd
04-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Phone calls and harassment? Good God people, get a life.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Phone calls and harassment? Good God people, get a life.I agree.

...assuming the person making the accusations is telling the truth.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2006, 09:35 AM

No shit. It's probably the same clown/clowns that pulled that crap on me last year. I guess some morons can't separate the internet from the real world...:shake:

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 09:38 AM
I have no way of knowing if any of the accusations are true, because I'm not gonna take the time to investigate each and every incident.

I'm literally getting inundated with PM's.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm literally getting inundated with PM's.Which is only slightly less ridiculous than people actually making phone calls.

I can't believe people go crying to mods so much.

Cochise
04-27-2006, 09:46 AM
This whole situation sucks, I agree. It's pretty lame that people take it to real life.

I do not see why this has to be a problem involving mods though. I dislike CE in the extreme. As much as any of you. He negative reps me and used to send me PMs too.

But why lower yourself into interacting with him? Put him on ignore, I know that everyone quotes his nonsense but it does cut down on things a lot. Just make a concerted effort not to react to him.

All in all, it sucks that whomever-it-is takes it too far, but it really sucks that CE is a millstone around the neck of the mods, who have a thankless job and don't deserve the headache.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Since I've received a few PM's about this, let me post a clarification:

Nobody is being singled out here, other than Chiefs Express. I wasn't talking to anyone in particular but I am sick of the SITUATION and I want it to stop. So please don't take offense.

I understand that there are two sides to this story. But let me make this very clear:

Any further participation will result in a temporary ban. It doesn't matter who started it. Retaliation will result in YOU being banned.

Putting him on ignore would be a good idea. And if he continues to respond the way he has been, HE will be banned, not you.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
No shit. It's probably the same clown/clowns that pulled that crap on me last year. I guess some morons can't separate the internet from the real world...:shake:
BTW,
Just put him on ignore; there is no reason to go beyond the BB. Sure, he's an idiot, but the bigger person doesn't have to stoop to his level.

After having someone on this board threaten to do this to me, I can't imagine anything worse.

jAZ
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Ugh.

banyon
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
All,

Over the last few weeks, I've contacted many of you regarding the volume of complaints I've been receiving regarding Chiefs Express, both from him and from those who don't like him.

There have been PM's exchanged, a profusion of stupid rep comments, and things have even spilled over into phone calls and harassment in real life.

The moderators of this board are NOT babysitters, and I personally am sick and tired of receiving complaints about this.

All complaints I receive from here on out will result in two-day bans for ALL involved. I don't care anymore who is the victim and who is the antagonist, everybody will receive bans.

Per CE's whining and your edict, I will make my CE iggy vacation permanent.

(FTR: even though I tried to let him have it in my thread the last 2 days, I certainly have no interest in contacting him personally, no would I ever).

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Per CE's whining and your edict, I will make my CE iggy vacation permanent.

(FTR: even though I tried to let him have it in my thread the last 2 days, I certainly have no interest in contacting him personally, no would I ever).

Like I said, I was singling you out. No need to apologize.

Thanks for putting him on ignore and letting it go.

banyon
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Like I said, I was singling you out. No need to apologize.

Thanks for putting him on ignore and letting it go.

That's a typo, right?

go bowe
04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
aw man...

you're taking away the one of the greatest sources of amusement here in the d.c. forum...

are you saying don't use his name, or don't post to him at all?

Sully
04-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Wait...
So if I have a problem, I can PM you about it and you'll solve the problem!??!
Why have I nver tried this before???

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 11:23 AM
That's a typo, right?

Yes, that's a typo. Sorry.

Chief Henry
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM

No Shit!

patteeu
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM
My money is on go bo as the deranged phone stalker. On the one hand, he's posted critically of both Mr. Kotter and Chiefs Express. On the other hand, he's been pretty nice to me and I haven't received a phone call. But, on the other other hand, we have had a minor conflict over the Bush administration's use of the term "mushroom cloud" and last year I found some mushrooms growing in my yard. I know this isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt, but it's pretty damning evidence if you ask me. :p

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
aw man...

you're taking away the one of the greatest sources of amusement here in the d.c. forum...

are you saying don't use his name, or don't post to him at all?

I'm saying don't use his name, don't mention him, don't post to him, don't even acknowledge his presence.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 11:26 AM
Wait...
So if I have a problem, I can PM you about it and you'll solve the problem!??!
Why have I nver tried this before???

As a matter of fact, that is how it works. I answer every PM, although I've considered changing that practice as of late.

go bowe
04-27-2006, 12:23 PM
My money is on go bo as the deranged phone stalker. On the one hand, he's posted critically of both Mr. Kotter and Chiefs Express. On the other hand, he's been pretty nice to me and I haven't received a phone call. But, on the other other hand, we have had a minor conflict over the Bush administration's use of the term "mushroom cloud" and last year I found some mushrooms growing in my yard. I know this isn't proof beyond a reasonable doubt, but it's pretty damning evidence if you ask me. :pdamn, foiled again... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Logical
04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Seems you are giving him all the power. He merely has to cmplain about any one of to get us banned for two days. Are you sure you have thought this through?

I would have PM'd you with this question/point but it appears that would get me banned right before the draft.

Dave Lane
04-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I guess I'm glad I live in KC seems kinda harsh for the few from DC among us ;)

Dave

Dave Lane
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm saying don't use his name, don't mention him, don't post to him, don't even acknowledge his presence.

Is this a requirement? If he says something I agree with can I say so or is that a 2 day banning? That seems very extreme if that is the case.

Dave

Logical
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
BTW,
Just put him on ignore; there is no reason to go beyond the BB. Sure, he's an idiot, but the bigger person doesn't have to stoop to his level.

After having someone on this board threaten to do this to me, I can't imagine anything worse.I am officially putting him on iggy again. Hopefully he won't write to the moderators complaining I put him on iggy so that he can get me banned. This policy is sort of scary in the amount of power it gives him.

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Seems you are giving him all the power. He merely has to cmplain about any one of to get us banned for two days. Are you sure you have thought this through?

I would have PM'd you with this question/point but it appears that would get me banned right before the draft.
ROFL

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Seriously, Jim, are you a woman? :D

Of course I'm not gonna ban anybody without seeing what's going on first. He can't just complain and get you banned if you've done what I asked, because the conversation would be entirely one-sided.

Logical
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM

Of course I'm not gonna ban anybody without seeing what's going on first. He can't just complain and get you banned if you've done what I asked, because the conversation would be entirely one-sided.
Will my answer get me banned?:p

I am a program manager, my job is to think through all the scenarios when I read the proposed contracts. I cannot help but see the potential for negative implications of unintended consequences. I was not picking on you merely pointing out that the strict interpretation of your words could lead to the scenario I described. He is on iggy now by the way.

Cochise
04-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't the univsersal ignore be a good solution here? Hasn't that been used before?

(don't ban me please :eek: :p )

Bowser
04-27-2006, 01:30 PM
What the hell happened here? Did Kotter "out" somebody again?

BucEyedPea
04-27-2006, 01:46 PM

Hey! That's not very nice and unfair to boot!

You should be banned for that! ROFL

Dave Lane
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey! That's not very nice and unfair to boot!

You should be banned for that! ROFL

For gods sake don't complain! Oh crap its too late... See ya after the draft ROFL

Dave

patteeu
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
For gods sake don't complain! Oh crap its too late... See ya after the draft ROFL

Dave

She's a woman and apparently bristles at the thought of being compared to Vlad. ;)

Dave Lane
04-27-2006, 02:24 PM
She's a woman and apparently bristles at the thought of being compared to Vlad. ;)

I think I could understand that... ROFL

Dave

AustinChief
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
btw... CE sent me a very civil email regarding this issue... but since htismaqe was the only one mentioned... and he DID mention CE in this thread... I have decided to ban htis for 2 days....

I KID, I KID!

Seriously, htismaqe has a good idea here. Let's all just let things settle down and enjoy the upcoming DRAFT!

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
btw... CE sent me a very civil email regarding this issue... but since htismaqe was the only one mentioned... and he DID mention CE in this thread... I have decided to ban htis for 2 days....

I KID, I KID!

Seriously, htismaqe has a good idea here. Let's all just let things settle down and enjoy the upcoming DRAFT!

ROFL

Now THAT is funny.

Baby Lee
04-27-2006, 03:40 PM
ROFL

Now THAT is funny.
Anyone see that episode of The Sopranos when Tony got the distinct impression that his crew laughed at his jokes because he was the skipper, not because he was actually funny?

Nightwish
04-27-2006, 04:21 PM
My money is on go bo as the deranged phone stalker.
Are we sure that it was CE who was getting the phone calls, and not the other way around? If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't too long ago that CE was threatening to come to one member's house and take up their issues face to face ... if he only had the address. Or was that rexcjake?

Baby Lee
04-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Are we sure that it was CE who was getting the phone calls, and not the other way around? If I'm not mistaken, it wasn't too long ago that CE was threatening to come to one member's house and take up their issues face to face ... if he only had the address. Or was that rexcjake?
That was oNE PAthetic episode.

patteeu
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM

Oops. Did I say I knew CE was getting calls? I didn't mean that. I meant IF he was getting calls. Yea, that's what I meant, IF. IF he was getting calls then my money is on go bo. IF he wasn't getting calls then, nevermind. :D

Seriously, you're right. I guess we don't know for sure who is getting calls and who is complaining to the mods. IIRC, the episode you're remembering was between CE and Zach.

Nightwish
04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
IIRC, the episode you're remembering was between CE and Zach.
Yep, that's the one.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Anyone see that episode of The Sopranos when Tony got the distinct impression that his crew laughed at his jokes because he was the skipper, not because he was actually funny?

Kyle's not in charge.

I am.

AustinChief
04-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Kyle's not in charge.

I am.

Damn straight.. I'm not taking the blame for this nuthouse!

Hydrae
04-27-2006, 05:16 PM
In CE's support, I recently received 2 PM's from him and he was downright reasonable. More than I have seen in any posts, that's for sure. Made me think he might actually be human. :)

Mr. Laz
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
yea, lord knows we don't want to bother the mods with board issues.

i have no idea why the mods around here are mods.... they don't like it, they don't want to do the job... half they time they don't bother with it.

they abuse their power .. they are bias in their rule implementation.

if they don't like it ... step the **** down and get someone else to do it.... maybe someone who actually wants to do that dam job.

i hope kyle isn't actually paying anyone to mod

the Talking Can
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
penis

BucEyedPea
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
the Talking Can?

That is a hilarious handl ROFL

|Zach|
04-27-2006, 10:18 PM
heh, what a coward.

Mr. Kotter
04-27-2006, 10:24 PM
BTW,

After having someone on this board threaten to do this to me, I can't imagine anything worse.

I know what you mean. The problem is, some folks aren't able to distinguish between a hypothetical intended to instruct and educate clueless posters as to how vulnerable they might be, and actually following through on what is incorrectly perceived as a "threat.".

Phobia
04-27-2006, 11:30 PM

i have no idea why the mods around here are mods.... they don't like it, they don't want to do the job... half they time they don't bother with it.

if they don't like it ... step the **** down and get someone else to do it.... maybe someone who actually wants to do that dam job.

I think this qualifies for a 4 day ban.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Banyon, you should have challenged him to a ladder match when you had the chance.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-27-2006, 11:59 PM
I think this qualifies for a 4 day ban.

Why??......because maqe is the greatest mod in the history of the world, of course :D :clap::clap: :drool:

Phobia
04-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Why??

How dare you question htismaqe.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
How dare you question htismaqe.

No kidding. Hamas should delete/edit that before Parker bans him.....I suspect he'd be looking at...a week or two.

Taco John
04-28-2006, 01:21 AM
All,

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

In January, after embarassing Tom on the board with facts and data against his antagonistic and supportless viewpoint (not to mention IP banning him from the Orange Mane for being a general douche bag), I receive an "anonymous" email telling me that "If I don't stop what I'm doing, my wife is going to be paid a visit..." at which point the "anonymous" emailer listed my wife's name and my address... Gee, I wonder who that could have been.

I didn't go running to the mods. In fact, I just ignored it... for the most part.

And for the most part, I try to ignore "Chiefs Express," up until the point he starts trolling after me. At which point I WILL use his full name in retribution knowing full well that he doesn't want me to. If he doesn't want me to address him by his name, then he can stay the **** out of my posts. And if I get banned for forcing him to sleep in the bed he made, then so be it. I'm willing to be a victim of bad moderating just out of the principle of the matter. I'm not going to let anyone threaten my wife and unborn child, and then let some lazy moderator tell me that if I fight back against such stupidity then I'm gone too. I'm not going to let some nutless Internet terrorist scare me.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2006, 01:26 AM
I know what you mean. The problem is, some folks aren't able to distinguish between a hypothetical intended to instruct and educate clueless posters as to how vulnerable they might be, and actually following through on what is incorrectly perceived as a "threat.".Wow, you're a bad liar.

patteeu
04-28-2006, 06:22 AM
heh, what a coward.

Trolling?

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 07:24 AM
Parker, you are a gigantic pussy.

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow, you're a bad liar.

If you want to classify a "Google" search as "stalking", be my guest. ROFL

You probably ought to have your meds adjusted, because the paranoia is beginning to creep in. Because that's all my efforts entailed: a google search....

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:10 AM

There isn't anybody else here that wants to do it.

Gee, I wonder why.

Maybe if you weren't such a gigantic ****ing whiner, people wouldn't complain to us so much.

You're a ****ing moron, you don't have any idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Wanna talk about abuse? Prove it. Wanna talk about bias? Prove it.

Prove it or shut the **** up.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

In January, after embarassing Tom on the board with facts and data against his antagonistic and supportless viewpoint (not to mention IP banning him from the Orange Mane for being a general douche bag), I receive an "anonymous" email telling me that "If I don't stop what I'm doing, my wife is going to be paid a visit..." at which point the "anonymous" emailer listed my wife's name and my address... Gee, I wonder who that could have been.

I didn't go running to the mods. In fact, I just ignored it... for the most part.

And for the most part, I try to ignore "Chiefs Express," up until the point he starts trolling after me. At which point I WILL use his full name in retribution knowing full well that he doesn't want me to. If he doesn't want me to address him by his name, then he can stay the **** out of my posts. And if I get banned for forcing him to sleep in the bed he made, then so be it. I'm willing to be a victim of bad moderating just out of the principle of the matter. I'm not going to let anyone threaten my wife and unborn child, and then let some lazy moderator tell me that if I fight back against such stupidity then I'm gone too. I'm not going to let some nutless Internet terrorist scare me.

If he does such a thing, report it. Simple as that.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:16 AM

Gee, I wonder why.

Maybe if you weren't such a gigantic ****ing whiner, people wouldn't complain to us so much.

"There isn't anybody else here that wants to do it."

Complete bullshit. Just ask, and I bet you get at least a dozen volunteers who would gladly help.

You aren't dealing with a problem, you are just circumventing it to make things more convienent for you.

Baby Lee
04-28-2006, 09:17 AM

Gee, I wonder why.

Uh, oh. Looks like Laz is going to the Bears the moment his contract is up.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:18 AM
If he does such a thing, report it. Simple as that.
For what? So you can whine about being inundated by countless PM's? So you can ban him? Yeah, that will work.

It's clear who the antagonist is, but you choose to punish everyone else for your own inability to deal with the real problem.

patteeu
04-28-2006, 09:28 AM
For what? So you can whine about being inundated by countless PM's? So you can ban him? Yeah, that will work.

It's clear who the antagonist is, but you choose to punish everyone else for your own inability to deal with the real problem.

Chiefs Express is a frequent problem, but he isn't alone. He is baited relentlessly by people who should just be ignoring him. It's absolutely true that he can't seem to handle the baiting and he brings a lot of what he gets on himself, but it's also true that when left alone, he can make contributions to the conversation that are just as reasonable as many people here.

CE and I have had run ins with each other, but when I ignore him and/or treat him with a little bit of respect, it stops. He might say the same thing about me.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:29 AM
"There isn't anybody else here that wants to do it."

Complete bullshit. Just ask, and I bet you get at least a dozen volunteers who would gladly help.

You aren't dealing with a problem, you are just circumventing it to make things more convienent for you.

Of course there's a multitude of people that would want to do it initially.

And I'm not circumventing anything. See any posts here in DC by Chiefs Express over the last 48 hours? That's what I thought.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:30 AM

ROFL

Yeah, I'm punishing everyone BUT the antagonist. Do you even know what happened to the antagonist? Didn't think so.

patteeu
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
See any posts here in DC by Chiefs Express over the last 48 hours? That's what I thought.

I was going to ask, but now I don't have to.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Chiefs Express is a frequent problem, but he isn't alone. He is baited relentlessly by people who should just be ignoring him. It's absolutely true that he can't seem to handle the baiting and he brings a lot of what he gets on himself, but it's also true that when left alone, he can make contributions to the conversation that are just as reasonable as many people here.

CE and I have had run ins with each other, but when I ignore him and/or treat him with a little bit of respect, it stops. He might say the same thing about me.
Of course. I agree with everything you say, so why make this a special case? There are quite a few people who get lots of negative rep and don't complain about it nearly as much as he does. He ALWAYS starts the PM exchanges that are unwelcome. NOONE is calling his house, he is lying about that.

Just let the board run.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Of course there's a multitude of people that would want to do it initially.

And I'm not circumventing anything. See any posts here in DC by Chiefs Express over the last 48 hours? That's what I thought.
So, what you said was bullshit.

Yes, you are avoiding the problem. Punishing others for his shenanigans is exactly what this is.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:34 AM
ROFL

Yeah, I'm punishing everyone BUT the antagonist. Do you even know what happened to the antagonist? Didn't think so.
Is that what I said?

Why won't you just leave it alone? Why can't he be treated like a normal member of the board?

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Of course. I agree with everything you say, so why make this a special case? There are quite a few people who get lots of negative rep and don't complain about it nearly as much as he does. He ALWAYS starts the PM exchanges that are unwelcome. NOONE is calling his house, he is lying about that.

Just let the board run.

Just let the board run. Exactly.

So that we can listen to people bitch about how the mods aren't doing their jobs.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Is that what I said?

Why won't you just leave it alone? Why can't he be treated like a normal member of the board?

Tom, a normal member of the board? ROFL

htismaqe
So, what you said was bullshit.

Yes, you are avoiding the problem. Punishing others for his shenanigans is exactly what this is.

How many people have been banned so far?

the Talking Can
If you want to classify a "Google" search as "stalking", be my guest. ROFL

don't forget...you were drunk...

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Just let the board run. Exactly.

So that we can listen to people bitch about how the mods aren't doing their jobs.
For some odd reason, I believe I joined this board knowing it was a "community driven" board. Have things changed since then?

As long as the shit doesn't spill over in to peoples personal lives, why bother? Rep and PM's are petty and stupid. Why even react to complaints over those?

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Which proves you are holding a member to a different standard than the rest of the members.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
How many people have been banned so far?
I don't know, you tell me? What's it been, 1 hour? Genious.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:43 AM
For some odd reason, I believe I joined this board knowing it was a "community driven" board. Have things changed since then?

As long as the shit doesn't spill over in to peoples personal lives, why bother? Rep and PM's are petty and stupid. Why even react to complaints over those?

See, you've piped in here without even knowing what's going on.

IT HAS SPILLED OVER INTO PERSONAL LIVES.

The PMs and Rep comments are insignificant by themselves, but so far they've led to midnight phone calls, accusations of stalking, and LAWYERS.

If you want to talk to the lawyers, be my guest, but I don't.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Which proves you are holding a member to a different standard than the rest of the members.

Yes, he is being held to a different standard.

He's been banned for NUMEROUS violations of the AUP. He's created multiple dummy accounts for the purpose of harassing other members. He's threatened people and had negative dealings with them in real life. Read Taco's post, people have been threatened outside of the bulletin board.

So yes, he is being held to a different standard.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't know, you tell me? What's it been, 1 hour? Genious.

Actually it's been 24 hours.

Yesterday, 08:39 AM

Mr. Kotter
04-28-2006, 09:47 AM

Don't forget...you are complete and utter dick, PG. You hid it well for a while, but you should have known I (of all people) would eventually figure it out. :)

Sully
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Actually it's been 24 hours.

Yesterday, 08:39 AM
I guess it's neither here nor there...
But that's 25 hours...

:p

patteeu
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM

Just let the board run.

I tend to be a just-let-the-board-run guy too. I just wanted to make sure CE wasn't getting all the blame here.

*edit*Of course, if lawyers are getting involved, I can't blame htismaqe from taking action. Having to deal with lawyers sucks. */edit*

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I tend to be a just-let-the-board-run guy too. I just wanted to make sure CE wasn't getting all the blame here.

*edit*Of course, if lawyers are getting involved, I can't blame htismaqe from taking action. Having to deal with lawyers sucks. */edit*

I haven't had to talk to one yet, but there have been a couple of situations in the past just like this one that resulted in cops and lawyers.

I don't want it to get to that point.

banyon
04-28-2006, 11:13 AM

Yeah :cuss: lawyers!

Cochise
04-28-2006, 11:27 AM
If there is so much trouble going on that it's spilling over into legal matters, why does the Planet tolorate his existence? I'm not being critical, I'm just asking a question. Why not just ban him whenever he shows up? This is a privately owned organization who can pick and choose whomever it wants.

If trouble follows *** **** everywhere he goes, why not just ban him forever? I understand wanting to keep the board open and trying to find a civil solution, but when does someone run out of chances? Why keep trying to find some unrealistic solution where *** **** finally decides to behave himself after all these years of contrary precedent? When does someone become more trouble than they are worth? Just lance the boil.

You said his name. 2 day ban. :p

Radar Chief
04-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah :cuss: lawyers!

Q: Whatís the difference between lawyers and a Raggedy Ann doll with rocks iníer mouth?
A: The Raggedy Ann doll with rocks iníer mouth is a cotton rock sucker. ;)

Lurch
04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
What a bunch of damned crippled deer we got here..

Radar Chief
04-28-2006, 11:39 AM
If there is so much trouble going on that it's spilling over into legal matters, why does the Planet tolorate his existence? I'm not being critical, I'm just asking a question. Why not just ban him whenever he shows up? This is a privately owned organization who can pick and choose whomever it wants.

If trouble follows *** **** everywhere he goes, why not just ban him forever? I understand wanting to keep the board open and trying to find a civil solution, but when does someone run out of chances? Why keep trying to find some unrealistic solution where *** **** finally decides to behave himself after all these years of contrary precedent? When does someone become more trouble than they are worth? Just lance the boil.

Actually I think Iím part of the problem.
A while back Phil tried to block IP ban Tom and, cause of our proximity to each other and Kansasí back-assword internet system, I got caught up in it also.
If thatís still the case and Iím the sole reason he canít be banned for good Iíd be willín to fall on the sword for the good of the community, just as long as it definitely gets rid ofíim for ever. :sulk:

Cochise
04-28-2006, 11:49 AM
A while back Phil tried to block IP ban Tom and, cause of our proximity to each other and Kansasí back-assword internet system, I got caught up in it also.
If thatís still the case and Iím the sole reason he canít be banned for good Iíd be willín to fall on the sword for the good of the community, just as long as it definitely gets rid ofíim for ever. :sulk:

Oh, you have the same ISP or something. That sucks.

Losing a good member to subtract a bad one won't put us ahead in the end I don't think. That's not a net gain.

Radar Chief
04-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh, you have the same ISP or something. That sucks.

Maybe not the exact same one, but weíre pretty close. He seems to have accounts at several different places, thatís why only a block ISP ban, or banning several ISPís in the same range, would getíim.

Losing a good member to subtract a bad one won't put us ahead in the end I don't think. That's not a net gain.

Well thanks, but if it gets bad enough Iíd be willín to do it.
I think I could still read the Planet, just wouldnít be able to respond to all you guys Iíve come to enjoy readín from so much.
Just throwín out the option for Parker if he needs it.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Yeah, Radar Chief hit the nail on the head.

Can't IP ban him because we'd be banning a couple of good members like RC with him.

I REALLY AM trying to find the best solution for everyone, it's just very hard.

And even though all of you are reading this public thread, there's a ton of conversation going on behind the scenes.

I didn't approach this lightly or out of laziness, but rather abject resignation.

I do appreciate the notes that I've gotten this morning, I fell much better than I did 4 hours ago.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 12:06 PM
No, RC, banning you for any reason isn't a good option.

Sorry, but we like you. :D

Cochise
04-28-2006, 12:09 PM
And even though all of you are reading this public thread, there's a ton of conversation going on behind the scenes.

I didn't approach this lightly or out of laziness, but rather abject resignation.

Yeah, I think everyone realizes there's not a perfect solution, unfortunately. It's good that you guys are going through all the frustration trying to make the community better though.

BucEyedPea
04-28-2006, 12:10 PM
htismaqe,
You have a very tough job...especially on such an active, rokkin' n' rollin', lively, entertaining board as this one.

I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.

But this thread is a good read for a newcomer. OMG!

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Maybe not the exact same one, but weíre pretty close. He seems to have accounts at several different places, thatís why only a block ISP ban, or banning several ISPís in the same range, would getíim.

Well thanks, but if it gets bad enough Iíd be willín to do it.
I think I could still read the Planet, just wouldnít be able to respond to all you guys Iíve come to enjoy readín from so much.
Just throwín out the option for Parker if he needs it.

I'm just throwing it out there, but I don't think losing Radar Chief, despite all of our run-ins would be worth it. I'm not a big proponent of collateral damage. Why ISP nuke the whole area?? Surely we have some haxors on here who could work over TC and his cabal of IPs. Or we could go with my original idea and schedule a Hell in the Cell with him and Banyon. Of Course, it wouldn't bother me to then see this happen to old TC...

http://badmanrez_1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mankindcell.gif

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm just throwing it out there, but I don't think losing Radar Chief, despite all of our run-ins would be worth it. I'm not a big proponent of collateral damage. Why ISP nuke the whole area?? Surely we have some haxors on here who could work over TC and his cabal of IPs. Or we could go with my original idea and schedule a Hell in the Cell with him and Banyon. Of Course, it wouldn't bother me to then see this happen to old TC...

http://badmanrez_1.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mankindcell.gif

ROFL

Holy shit, no wonder they call you Hamas.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2006, 12:37 PM
If thatís still the case and Iím the sole reason he canít be banned for good Iíd be willín to fall on the sword for the good of the communityNo way! I vote against that.

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 01:18 PM

Well Parker I didn't want to do it but you mentioned his name publically so I'm going to have to ban you for 2 days. I'm sorry you'll miss the draft but we'll see you on Monday.

ROFL

Dave

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Don't forget...you are complete and utter dick, PG. You hid it well for a while, but you should have known I (of all people) would eventually figure it out. :)

Is it OK to fight with other members on this thread other than the Nameless One?

Dave

mlyonsd
04-28-2006, 01:21 PM
htismaqe,
You have a very tough job...especially on such an active, rokkin' n' rollin', lively, entertaining board as this one.

I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes.

But this thread is a good read for a newcomer. OMG!

brown noser.:)

BucEyedPea
04-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Commenting about the color of someone's skin?
You racist! :harumph: ROFL :)

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Commenting about the color of someone's skin?
You racist! :harumph: ROFL :)

Spoken like a true denizen of Washington DC.

Logical
04-28-2006, 02:25 PM
First this post is not a serious idea.

But for the good of the community we could set up a rotation that starts on Monday and complain about (him who shall not be named) and take our two day bannings. I figure there are enough of us we could keep him banned forever and only miss about 4 days a year per person. ROFL

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 02:30 PM

But for the good of the community we could set up a rotation that starts on Monday and complain about (him who shall not be named) and take our two day bannings. I figure there are enough of us we could keep him banned forever and only miss about 4 days a year per person. ROFL

ROFL

banyon
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Is it OK to fight with other members on this thread other than the Nameless One?

Dave

Hey, you referred to him, that's a 2 day ban for you too. ROFL

(umm, I guess I did too by pointing this out. It's sort of an existential problem.)

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/bands/555/product_medium/P1AM09.jpg

banyon
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM

exactly. But after the draft.

Also, we'd need non-Chiefs fans volunteers for donkeys week and Raiduhs week.

Phobia
04-28-2006, 04:18 PM

I think this is a good plan. Let me know if I can help you find an alternate Chiefs site. Heh heh.

BucEyedPea
04-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Spoken like a true denizen of Washington DC.

I'm catchin' on.

stevieray
04-28-2006, 05:44 PM
some good points made on this thread.

Most of us here have said and done things we've later regretted. It happens, some worse than others.

The statements about what is going on behind the scene is very telling though. I think that rep and pm's exasperate the dog eat dog or the pile on mentality that is already prevelant in this forum. Are they really that necessary?

either expose what is going on behind the scenes, so the board can again determine the "consequences", or eliminate it all together.

wouldn't it keep everything more on the up and up?

go bowe
04-28-2006, 06:47 PM
See, you've piped in here without even knowing what's going on.

IT HAS SPILLED OVER INTO PERSONAL LIVES.

The PMs and Rep comments are insignificant by themselves, but so far they've led to midnight phone calls, accusations of stalking, and LAWYERS.

If you want to talk to the lawyers, be my guest, but I don't.why not?

lawyers are nice guys...

well, on second thought...

unlurking
04-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Just redirect any incoming traffic from his IP to nepa or WPI.

Probably have to update his incoming address every couple of weeks, but I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to do that.

unlurking
04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, since the sub<tom>ject is the one who is always threatening legal action and so forth, as anyone ever tried an internet based restraining order?

Wow, that could really have massive impact on internet freedoms if someone got one imposed!

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Just redirect any incoming traffic from his IP to nepa or WPI (http://chiefsplanet.com).

Probably have to update his incoming address every couple of weeks, but I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to do that.

Nice. :clap:

Phobia
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Just redirect any incoming traffic from his IP to nepa or <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a>.

Oh my. Thanks for that association.

Mr. Kotter
04-29-2006, 12:57 AM

JD and Phil. Forever joined in CP folklore. Heh.

ROFL

unlurking
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
heh, sorry bout that!

I did notice you said it was slow over there (in response to a question of why you were posting in DC), I figured this might "liven" things up a bit! :)

WilliamTheIrish
04-30-2006, 06:44 PM

ROFL

Brutal. Just brutal.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 10:08 PM
That person is now sending me unwanted and antagonizing private messages.

Chiefs Express
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
Right, this is really a bad one:

Right idea, wrong analogy

I guess you get a C for effort.

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2006, 12:00 AM
That person is now sending me unwanted and antagonizing private messages.

Per policy, two day ban? :hmmm:

|Zach|
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Per policy, two day ban? :hmmm:
If this place actually had moderaters.

Parker is pretty bad at the gig so who knows what will happen.

patteeu
05-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Right, this is really a bad one:

Right idea, wrong analogy

I guess you get a C for effort.

Given how many people have complained about them, why do you continue to send PM's? Especially to people who you know don't want to have anything to do with you.

banyon
05-02-2006, 09:52 AM
I thought ___________ was not going to post in DC anymore. :shrug:

stevieray
05-02-2006, 10:09 AM
I thought ___________ was not going to post in DC anymore. :shrug:

get over it.

banyon
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
get over it.

I would but he keeps neg repping and posting replies in my threads.

Cochise
05-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Can we get a new subforum just for comtash threads?

Maybe if that were the only place he were allowed to post it would be good too :hmmm:

stevieray
05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
I would but he keeps neg repping and posting replies in my threads.

good reason.

:rolleyes:

banyon
05-02-2006, 10:46 AM
good reason.

I guess I am not as mature as you.

But the OP and subsequent posts set this policy, so I was wondering if it would be enforced.

stevieray
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
I guess I am not as mature as you.

dude ignoring him will set you free. As long as you keep talking about him, you lose.

banyon
05-02-2006, 10:54 AM

dude ignoring him will set you free. As long as you keep talking about him, you lose.

No it won't. People will quote him and so I will still have to see the replies to my posts. He has already done this.

If only there were an "iggy quote" funciton.

Radar Chief
05-02-2006, 11:02 AM

Youíve got your own personal ďquote iggyĒ, itís called ďskipín over the posts you see his name in.Ē :shrug: Why is that so hard?

banyon
05-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Youíve got your own personal ďquote iggyĒ, itís called ďskipín over the posts you see his name in.Ē :shrug: Why is that so hard?

Ok, bearing in mind that I like you as a poster even though we have divergent political views...

Suppose you had me on iggy and someone quoted

Radar Chief is a total f***tard, his post is worthless and he contributes nothing to this forum

Or God forbid I make a point that is actually on topic that people discuss and it changes the direction of the thread.

Now, are you just supposed to say,

"Well that's cool. I'll just see what everyone else has to say."

or

"I'll start another thread and hope it isn't ruined."

Keep in mind this is purely a hypothetical. :p

Cochise
05-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Can we get a new subforum for things banyon complains about incessantly? comtash, all draft picks, evil republicans, etc.

It could be called "the whine cellar"

banyon
05-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Can we get a new subforum for things banyon complains about incessantly? comtash, all draft picks, evil republicans, etc.

It could be called "the whine cellar"

Your idea is gaining momentum.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3179894&postcount=41

Radar Chief
05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Radar Chief is a total f***tard, his post is worthless and he contributes nothing to this forum

Honestly, a response like that makes it easier for me to just skip on by posts by that same person. Iíve obviously got toíem if thatís their response.
Though Iíll admit I do enjoy baitín Denise from time to time so I guess I donít have that much room to talk.
And you can be OK too, banyon, even if youíre entirely WRONG! :p ;)

Cochise
05-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Your idea is gaining momentum.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3179894&postcount=41

Cool, thanks. I'll go rep him for sharing the great idea.

stevieray
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
No it won't. People will quote him and so I will still have to see the replies to my posts. He has already done this.

you poor thing, how do you deal with so much adversity?

;)

Taco John
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Ignoring Tom isn't an option, because not everybody ignores him, and what eventually happens is he sucks the conversation into a black hole, leaving good discussion topics lost in the fray.

mlyonsd
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Ignoring Tom isn't an option because of the number of threads and posts generated by people whininig about him.

Chiefs Express
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM

During the self imposed lockout you had, you replied to just as many of my posts as anyone did that didn't have me on ignore.

Pot = Kettle

Chiefs Express
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Ignoring Tom isn't an option, because not everybody ignores him, and what eventually happens is he sucks the conversation into a black hole, leaving good discussion topics lost in the fray.

Don't make taca jane mad, he will ban you from the orange mange for commenting on this board!!! (at least he will think that he has)

He said that he banned me from the mange and I still post freely and at my leisure. He just isn't as smart as he might think (and I'm sure that will not surprise any Chiefs fan).

htismaqe
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
If this place actually had moderaters.

Parker is pretty bad at the gig so who knows what will happen.

Yeah, heaven forbid I have a job and all and couldn't get to it until now.

Not to mention that I don't spend all my time in DC looking for this shit.

I have removed his ability to post in DC at this point. Nobody else has been disciplined because nobody violated the policy except him.

|Zach|
05-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, heaven forbid I have a job and all and couldn't get to it until now.

Not to mention that I don't spend all my time in DC looking for this shit.

I have removed his ability to post in DC at this point. Nobody else has been disciplined because nobody violated the policy except him.
You don't want this gig man.

I like you. BUt you are awful at this and don't want to do it.

You don't give straight answers on anything just condescending bullshit and you seem to just make the rules as you go.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
You don't want this gig man.

I like you. BUt you are awful at this and don't want to do it.

You don't give straight answers on anything just condescending bullshit and you seem to just make the rules as you go.

ROFL

I wonder how many other people think I'm awful at this? I get an awful lot of comments to the contrary.

As far as making up rules as I go, give me an example. I'd love to see it. The simple fact is that this is the way it's ALWAYS been, even when Phil was here.

|Zach|
05-03-2006, 09:25 AM
ROFL

I wonder how many other people think I'm awful at this? I get an awful lot of comments to the contrary.

As far as making up rules as I go, give me an example. I'd love to see it. The simple fact is that this is the way it's ALWAYS been, even when Phil was here.
I guess I will have to take your word for it.

Banning the use of his name which used to be a screen name and was openly on CP? I would love to hear the precedent on that move.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
I guess I will have to take your word for it.

Banning the use of his name which used to be a screen name and was openly on CP? I would love to hear the precedent on that move.

Since this is the political forum, let me use this example:

What's the constitutional basis for Roe v. Wade?

It's quite simple, not everything can be set in stone. Situations can, and do, arrive when actions have to be taken without precedent.

Secondly, I'm human. I made that post in a time of extreme frustration. In fact, most of the posts that would cause you to infer that I don't like moderating this place are made during times of frustration. It's a FACT - we have people here that choose to act like children some of the time.

Let me make this perfectly clear - just like any other job, there are portions of being a mod here that I like and portions that I don't like. But by and large, there's far more good than bad, otherwise I would have stepped down long ago.

Anyway, my PM's should be alot less frustrating from now on. Rather than enforce this rule for which there is no precedent, I simply banned Chiefs Express. We'll see how long it takes for him to come back with a new username.

banyon
05-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Activist moderators :cuss:

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Activist moderators :cuss:

Whaddaya know? I'm a liberal mod!

Nelson Muntz
05-09-2006, 05:43 PM

Just let the board run.

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably shut your mouth. It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

patteeu
05-09-2006, 06:08 PM
I hope that if ChiefsExpress does come back under a different username, he's smart enough to avoid immediately doing something to give away his identity so that we don't have to go through all of this nonsense again.

banyon
05-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I hope that if ChiefsExpress does come back under a different username, he's smart enough to avoid immediately doing something to give away his identity so that we don't have to go through all of this nonsense again.

no such luck, it's already happened.

Nightwish
05-10-2006, 01:07 AM
I dunno, when he first came on as Chiefs Express, he got outed within the first day or two.

Taco John
05-10-2006, 01:16 AM

You mean he's not Auld Sang Lyne?

I thought that was pretty obvious. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong though... A person can easily change their name, but they can't easily change their style.

Sully
05-10-2006, 09:25 AM

no such luck, it's already happened.

I was under the impression it had already happened. It's not like folks are looking for the guy. He makes it clear from the get-go.