PDA

View Full Version : According to KC Chiefs.com

Hog Farmer
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Since 1989 the chiefs have 22 Probowl apearances by 1st round picks compared to:

18 for Broncos
15 by Chargers
8 by Raiders

Katipan
04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Underachievers and proud of it, dude.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Since 1989 the chiefs have 22 Probowl apearances by 1st round picks compared to:

18 for Broncos
15 by Chargers
8 by Raidershuh?

kregger
04-27-2006, 10:04 AM
whee! Look how many super bowl appearances that has earned the Chiefs.

Brock
04-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Since 1989, all those other teams have been to the Super Bowl. Stick that in your corn cob pipe.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Is that even accurate? How many do Gonzo and DT account for?

CoMoChief
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM

Quoting Gretz
"San Diego has had a dozen first round choices and produced 15 Pro Bowlers, but 12 of those came from one man: LB Junior Seau. The others were by RB LaDainian Tomlinson and LB Shawne Merriman.

At least 16 Pro Bowls were from DT and TonyG. Dale Carter had 4, and the other 2 were Jerome Woods and LJ this past season.

Slyvester Morris
Ryan Sims
Trezelle Jenkins
Percy Snow
Greg Hill
Harvey Williams
Victor Riley

BUMS!!!!!!

How can this article even mention that Carl and the Chiefs have done even remotely close to good in the draft. They should make an article about how ****ing retarded Carl is on the first day as a whole. Our 2nd round selections make me wanna cry every time I think about them. We currently have at least two 2nd round choices that are on the damn practice squad or they are inactive for games. Both of which are our DLine players and we wonder why our DLine is so terrible. That should be the main reason. Not to mention a mostly unproductive Ryan Sims, whos probably the best DT we have but hes so inconsistant and unhealthy he's on the Disabled list. Does anyone know why we drafted Siavii? I mean was he even on anyones Mock draft in the 2nd-3rd round? I never heard of that guy in college, I was so pissed when we drafted him. Who drafts fat ass lazy projects in the 2nd round?

Why cant we ever draft starters in the 2nd round, our defense would be so much better. We are so content with drafting projects in the first day when we should be drafting people who can start immediately. Vermeil was the main problem of that as he didnt like rookies starting for the most part. Since DV came into here, draft day has been a joke for us. Last season was the best draft we had in years, and thats not saying much. We were lucky that DJ fell to us last season.

Basileus777
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM

There is Dale Carter too. Plus one for LJ and one for Woods.

ct
04-27-2006, 10:11 AM
How many Pro Bowl appearance do we have from 2nd and 3rd round picks comparatively?

Will Shields has a dozen or so, but then ... uh ...

And frankly ...
Since 1989, all those other teams have been to the Super Bowl. Stick that in your corn cob pipe.
This says it all.

KCChiefsFan88
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Looks like Carl has his propaganda machine at full force the past few days.

I expect an article from Gretz/Rufus/Moore/some other Carl puppet anytime now showing how getting a first round pick signed and into camp on-time isn't important, to get ready for Carl's annual showdown with the first round pick and his agent.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Nice thread. All we need is a donkey fan to come in here an laugh and point at us...

shaneo69
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
huh?

This was from Gretz' article that I posted yesterday. Except that Gretz forgot to count Darrell Russell's two Pro Bowls with the Raiders.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
This really falls under the category of "who gives a shit".

A large majority of those 22 appearances came from two of the highest picks we've had in the last 25+ years.

htismaqe
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM

Precisely.

kregger
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
This was from Gretz' article that I posted yesterday. Except that Gretz forgot to count Darrell Russell's two Pro Bowls with the Raiders.
As I said yesterday, anything coming from kcchiefs.com should only be viewed with something approaching hilarity. I asked for a ban but on second thought, we on the planet need to see the tripe spewing from the mouthpieces.

shaneo69
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
At least 16.

Dale Carter had 4, and LJ and Woods had one apiece to account for the 22.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Dale Carter had 4, and LJ and Woods had one apiece to account for the 22.Dale Carter never made a Pro Bowl?

Deberg_1990
04-27-2006, 10:27 AM
As I said yesterday, anything coming from kcchiefs.com should only be viewed with something approaching hilarity. I asked for a ban but on second thought, we on the planet need to see the tripe spewing from the mouthpieces.

Agreed.....all that website does is spew propagana. But thats the point isnt it??? if your running a business your supposed to promote yourself, your accomplishments and pat yourself on the back. If i want "fair and balanced" I come to Chiefsplanet.

shaneo69
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
Dale Carter never made a Pro Bowl?

You're killin' me.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
You're killin' me.Wow. I think I can rank that as my stupidest post ever.

I wish it was someone else so I could tear into them.

CoMoChief
04-27-2006, 10:32 AM
If i want "fair and balanced" I come to Chiefsplanet.

I usually choose FOX News if I want fair and balanced.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Did Harvey Williams make the Prow-Bowl when he was with the Raiders?? He did have a 1000 yard rushing season with them. Just curious.....

Rain Man
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
We win!

Hog Farmer
04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Just got back, had to start another batch of feed. The point I was hoping that someone would get is that our first round draft choices are collectively no worse than our division rivals. Maybe even better. I know, I know , that hasn't got us a Superbowl but at least it is something positive.

Hog Farmer
04-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Nice thread. All we need is a donkey fan to come in here an laugh and point at us...

Hey dumbass, they still have Jake Plummer. Their finger pointing days are over.

R&GHomer
04-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Gretz is just one step away from hanging in a tree and slinging shit at us.

Shootr
04-27-2006, 11:05 AM
But thats the point isnt it??? if your running a business your supposed to promote yourself, your accomplishments and pat yourself on the back.

I couldn't agree more. I don't get why people get so worked up over Rufus Dawes and Bob Gretz articles. It is the CHIEFS website. They are a business promoting themselves. Why would any business want to promote anything that does not project themselves in a positive light? ANY business is going to talk about the things that they do well, not the things that they suck at.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 11:12 AM
I couldn't agree more. I don't get why people get so worked up over Rufus Dawes and Bob Gretz articles. It is the CHIEFS website. They are a business promoting themselves. Why would any business want to promote anything that does not project themselves in a positive light? ANY business is going to talk about the things that they do well, not the things that they suck at.I don't see other teams running PR campaigns like this. I think that's what bothers me about it. It just seems like they're stooping to the level of those they criticize. Very bush league.

Besides, this is a business where the product speaks for itself. The fans that care enough to analyze things like 1st rounders in the pro bowl are smart enough to not be fooled by these smoke screens, and that fans that aren't into this depth of analysis will only care about W/L. And there's always going to be a contingency that bitches about everything anyway. They should be happy that fans are passionate enough to care.

You want to convince us that you draft well? Then start drafting well. You want to convince us that winners are built through the draft rather than FA? Then build a winner. In the meantime, spin and BS isn't going to cut it.