PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs interested in Ashley Lelie?

ct
04-27-2006, 08:07 PM
:cuss:

from RotoWorld

Ashley Lelie - WR - Broncos

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Patriots, Chiefs, and Buccaneers are all negotiating to acquire Ashley Lelie.
All three teams have poor receiver depth. Lelie only has a year left on his current contract, so we can't imagine a team would give up a first day pick for him. Apr. 27 - 9:03 pm et

Dunit35
04-27-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd give them an 8th rounder.

leviw
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I'd give them an 8th rounder.

No. Trent Green might be available.

Bwana
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Good Gawd NO!

Iowanian
04-27-2006, 08:11 PM
If the Chiefs did this.....

No way can they possibly be interested in Ashley Nash.

JBucc
04-27-2006, 08:12 PM
:banghead:

Simplex3
04-27-2006, 08:16 PM
http://www.pans.com/images/skillet_6-9_2.jpghttp://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/371896604

CHENZ A!
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't want this fool at all, nor do I want to give the Broncos any kind of compensation for anything even if it were an 86th round pick.

Count Zarth
04-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Do it.

Under Charlie Joiner's tutelage, and with Green throwing him the ball, Lelie will flourish.

Simplex3
04-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Do it.

Under Charlie Joiner's tutelage, and with Green throwing him the ball, Lelie will flourish.
He'll flourish just as soon as you get laid.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Do it.

Under Charlie Joiner's tutelage, and with Green throwing him the ball, Lelie will flourish.Yea, Joiner's had a great effect on the hands of our current WRs. :rolleyes:

FAX
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Over 1000 yards in 2004. Fewer last year, of course.

What do his critics hold against him? Other than his affiliation with the mangily mountain goats, I mean.

FAX

Count Zarth
04-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Yea, Joiner's had a great effect on the hands of our current WRs. :rolleyes:

I don't really think you can blame that on Joiner. Kennison and Parker have both improved since they became Chiefs. The other guys were all talentless losers.

nychief
04-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Another Hawaii bust.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 08:45 PM

What do his critics hold against him? Other than his affiliation with the mangily mountain goats, I mean.

FAXBad hands. Really bad hands. That's why Denver is willing to let him go even when their other WR is 75 years old.

chiefsfaninNC
04-27-2006, 08:45 PM

FAX

Isn't that enough?

jspchief
04-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I don't really think you can blame that on Joiner. Kennison and Parker have both improved since they became Chiefs. The other guys were all talentless losers.Whether or not Joiner is to blame is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Joiner doesn't have any kind of track record of making receivers notably better. For chrissakes, Parker is to the point where he has to catch it in his body and immediately fall down. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the tutelage.

Count Zarth
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
Whether or not Joiner is to blame is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Joiner doesn't have any kind of track record of making receivers notably better.

Joiner was the wide receivers coach in SD when Anthony Miller was there. He also oversaw Eric Moulds and Andre Reed's development in Buffalo.

Mile High Mania
04-27-2006, 08:56 PM
There's no way they'd trade him within the division...

FAX
04-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Bad hands. Really bad hands. That's why Denver is willing to let him go even when their other WR is 75 years old.

I see. Thank you Mr. jspchief. I was unaware of this defect.

It's interesting, though. I was always led to understand that "bad hands" is a matter of poor technique more than anything else. That, and mental attitude, I suppose.

FAX

FAX
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Isn't that enough?

It certainly is for some, Mr. chiefsfaninNC.

For my part, I would recruit good players from the 9th circle of hell if it were necessary to win a playoff game.

FAX

cdcox
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM

For my part, I would recruit good players from the 9th circle of hell if it were necessary to win a playoff game.

FAX

Even if they had a girl's name?

Mile High Mania
04-27-2006, 09:10 PM

FAX

Please, we called dibs on the 9th circle of hell ... go find a new place.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I see. Thank you Mr. jspchief. I was unaware of this defect.

It's interesting, though. I was always led to understand that "bad hands" is a matter of poor technique more than anything else. That, and mental attitude, I suppose.

FAXI don't know. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on coaching WRs or even catching footballs. My guess is it's a concentration thing for a lot of guys. But I also think some players just have naturally better hands.

Scouts talk about listening to the sound when a player catches the ball. If it slaps, they aren't considered to be as soft of hands. That leads me to believe it might not be 100% coachable.

Lelie isn't terrible. But he'll never be that guy you can bank on. IMO he'll always be a complimentary guy. Besides, he's mostly a downfield burner, and I'm not sure Green can take advantage of a super deep threat like that.

alanm
04-27-2006, 09:29 PM
He'll flourish just as soon as you get laid.
Ooooooh. that's cold.
ROFL

Count Zarth
04-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Lelie isn't terrible. But he'll never be that guy you can bank on. IMO he'll always be a complimentary guy. Besides, he's mostly a downfield burner, and I'm not sure Green can take advantage of a super deep threat like that.

Man I am tired of hearing this! Our wide receivers very rarely get seperation deep. When they do, Green hits them. Remember the Denver game this year (Kennison)? Or the second SD game (Parker)?

alanm
04-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Yea, Joiner's had a great effect on the hands of our current WRs. :rolleyes:We don't have any one with hands of stone like Lelie. Morton is long gone. And Parker pretty much catches anything tossed his way.
:hmmm:

jspchief
04-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Man I am tired of hearing this! Our wide receivers very rarely get seperation deep. When they do, Green hits them. Remember the Denver game this year (Kennison)? Or the second SD game (Parker)?I'm not going to hi-jack this thread with this argument. I'll just disagree with you and move on.

Lelie doesn't fit our need for WR. Kennison and Parker are already speed threats. We need a good route runner that can go acroos the middle, get rocked, and still haul in the reception. Joe Jurevicious would have been ideal. Unless Lelie came very cheap, I have no interest in him.

Count Zarth
04-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Lelie doesn't fit our need for WR. Kennison and Parker are already speed threats. We need a good route runner that can go acroos the middle, get rocked, and still haul in the reception. Joe Jurevicious would have been ideal. Unless Lelie came very cheap, I have no interest in him.

I'm more interested in Lelie for the future. I see him as the next Kennison.

jspchief
04-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm more interested in Lelie for the future. I see him as the next Kennison.Body Catch Parker can be the next Kennison. We need a big possesion guy.

Simplex3
04-27-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm more interested in Lelie for the future. I see him as the next Kennison.
ROFL Yeah, because fast guys that can't catch or take a hit are soooo rare.

ROFL

TRR
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
I'd rather have Javon Walker any day of the week, but wouldn't be totally opposed with signing/trading for Lelie. Lelie has never fit into Denver's system well. Not that he fits perfectly into KC's. Denver wanted another tough Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey type WR, and Lelie isn't that.

Rausch
04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Ooooooh. that's cold.
ROFL

And deadly accurate...

buickboy71
04-28-2006, 12:18 AM
So what is the latest on this subject??

Rausch
04-28-2006, 12:21 AM
So what is the latest on this subject??

The latest is that it's a ****ing stupid idea...

alanm
04-28-2006, 12:22 AM
I'd rather have Javon Walker any day of the week, but wouldn't be totally opposed with signing/trading for Lelie. Lelie has never fit into Denver's system well. Not that he fits perfectly into KC's. Denver wanted another tough Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey type WR, and Lelie isn't that.
I miss ole Floppy. :( ROFL

jspchief
04-28-2006, 06:20 AM
So what is the latest on this subject??Like someone else said, Denver isn't going to trade him to a division rival.

And I'd say your avatar is pretty questionable.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 06:28 AM
He's a good player. I'd take him here, no question. It's just a case of what i'd give up, which, at best, is probably a fifth-rounder.

Alphaman
04-28-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm not going to hi-jack this thread with this argument. I'll just disagree with you and move on.

I'm not going to argue whether or not we should acquire Lelie, because I'm honestly not sure. I will however, argue your point on our WR need.

We do NOT need a possession WR in this offense (which is what you described, ala Jurevicious). We don't need one, because we have one (Tony Gonzalez).

What this offense needs is a playmaker at WR. A guy who is a serious threat that teams have to alter there coverage for because he can score at any time. I'm not sure Lelie is that guy. I'm not sure that guy is available right now. Jevon Walker could be that guy. I think Charles Rogers could be that guy.

The point is, with the talent of Gonzalez, a possession WR is not the need. A playmaker is.

ExtremeChief
04-28-2006, 06:57 AM
If he's fast but can't catch why not make him a cornerback?

Brock
04-28-2006, 06:58 AM
This is complete BS.

ct
04-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Here's a thought.

Denver is neg. with GB for Walker, reportedly have offered Lelie and a 6th, which was rejected. Rumors say GB wants a 1st round pick, but it's also been suggested they might settle for a 2nd round pick.

Out of nowhere it's reported that KC has been in touch w/ GB about Walker as well, quite a hot topic the last 2 days in here.

It certainly wouldn't be the 1st time a division rival entered into the fray, with the sole purpose of thwarting or driving up the price for a FA or trade discussion with that rival. Hell CP has done it before.

So perhaps Carl is going with a 2-fold approach to make things more difficult for Denver acquiring Javon Walker. Especially if something leaked out that KC had offered a 7th rounder for Walker, or something very low like that. Basically that would equate to Denver having offered a 6th+7th for Lelie, ain't no way that's happening. Anyway, my conspiracy theory is by offering such a way low offer for Lelie, you totally downgrade his value in this potential trade with GB for Denver. I kinda like it. :p

FAX
04-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes, Mr. coryt. But, GB will "know" that CP is attempting to devalue AL. CP will also "know" that GB "knows".

So, CP should increase the public offer to AL to astronomical proportions. GB will think that CP is trying to trick them, which, of course, he is.

This uncertainty will force GB to reconsider the trade in its entirety allowing CP time to quietly negotiate a side deal with Walker's agent forcing GB to deal with CP. Then, at the last minute, CP walks away from the deal leaving GB and the Donks with nothing accomplished prior to draft day.

FAX

jspchief
04-28-2006, 07:49 AM
Yes, Mr. coryt. But, GB will "know" that CP is attempting to devalue AL. CP will also "know" that GB "knows".

So, CP should increase the public offer to AL to astronomical proportions. GB will think that CP is trying to trick them, which, of course, he is.

This uncertainty will force GB to reconsider the trade in its entirety allowing CP time to quietly negotiate a side deal with Walker's agent forcing GB to deal with CP. Then, at the last minute, CP walks away from the deal leaving GB and the Donks with nothing accomplished prior to draft day.

FAXThis is starting to resemble the poison scene from The Princess Bride.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Lelie is a good receiver...we just don't have a guy that has the gun to hit him deep....he's not a very physical receiver, but what do you expect from a guy that played his college ball in Hawaii

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 08:00 AM

He can catch

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 08:01 AM

That's why it was such a head scratcher when we drafted him with Ed Reed on the board

chop
04-28-2006, 08:01 AM
It could be that GB has leaked a false story about KC entering the picture to drive up the price Denver is offering them.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by jspchief
Whether or not Joiner is to blame is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Joiner doesn't have any kind of track record of making receivers notably better. <HR SIZE=1>

that's horse shit....you're talking out of your ass.

cdcox
04-28-2006, 08:03 AM

Just a hunch, but I'd guess he's not a very physical tackler.

cdcox
04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Lelie is a good receiver...we just don't have a guy that has the gun to hit him deep....he's not a very physical receiver, but what do you expect from a guy that played his college ball in Hawaii

I'd heard he was on the verge of a break out season

in 20003

and 2004

and 2005.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I honestly don't think we need a WR. Even if I did, it wouldn't be this fugger...

Braincase
04-28-2006, 08:07 AM
We're giving up on Samie Parker and Cro Thorpe already? I doubt it. We're playing a game so Denver gets less value for him...

Skip Towne
04-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Taco was mortified when the Donx drafted him. One of the few times he was right.

jspchief
04-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by jspchief
Whether or not Joiner is to blame is irrelevant. What is relevant is that Joiner doesn't have any kind of track record of making receivers notably better. <HR SIZE=1>
that's horse shit....you're talking out of your ass.I should have clarified. I was talking about with the Chiefs. We were famous for drops under his tutelage.

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 08:11 AM
Taco was mortified when the Donx drafted him. One of the few times he was right.

I literally threw my laptop out the window When we draft him

Garcia Bronco
04-28-2006, 08:11 AM
I should have clarified. I was talking about with the Chiefs. We were famous for drops under his tutelage.

My bad

Iowanian
04-28-2006, 08:15 AM
If they were smart they would....just because he sucks THAT much.

There's no way they'd trade him within the division...

StcChief
04-28-2006, 08:18 AM
The drive up value sounds interesting to F with Donxs....

I Don't think he would add much value to Chiefs....

ct
04-28-2006, 08:21 AM
If there is any truth at all to KC talking with Denver about Lelie, to me, it solidifies the theory that we're only talking to GB just to mess with Denver's attempt to obtain Walker.

Crush
04-28-2006, 08:52 AM
hmmmm

DJJasonp
04-28-2006, 10:01 AM
We already have a speedy receiver with crappy hands....his name is Samie Parker.

No...and No.

listopencil
04-28-2006, 01:53 PM
They just want to get someone in training camp that Walls can cover.