PDA

View Full Version : "You have a gift, postman"

el borracho
04-28-2006, 06:03 AM
The gift of crap!!! Just wow! Waterworld was terrible but there aren't even words to describe how awful The Postman is. Without looking it up I am going to guess that The Postman was the last movie Costner ever made. No career could survive that.

beer bacon
04-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Tom Petty is awesome, and you are a total jerk :mad:

el borracho
04-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Tom Petty is awesome, and you are a total jerk :mad:
Even if both notions are true (and I'm not saying that is the case) it still wouldn't change the fact that The Postman was absolute garbage.

Guru
04-28-2006, 06:24 AM
The gift of crap!!! Just wow! Waterworld was terrible but there aren't even words to describe how awful The Postman is. Without looking it up I am going to guess that The Postman was the last movie Costner ever made. No career could survive that.

Costner did Open Range with Duvall just last year. It is excellent.

Never saw Postman but I heard it was awful.

deadbabyseal
04-28-2006, 06:46 AM
Fordlincolnmercury is a badass!

Baby Lee
04-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Costner did Open Range with Duvall just last year. It is excellent.
I think that might've been over a year.
Last year's film was 'The Upside of Anger' with Joan Allen
No career could survive that.
Now, he'll see if his career can survive whacking off in front of the masseuse on his honeymoon.

Saulbadguy
04-28-2006, 07:47 AM
I think if Waterworld were shorter, it would have been much better.

morphius
04-28-2006, 08:05 AM
I think if Waterworld were shorter, it would have been much better.
Like a 15 minute short?

Deberg_1990
04-28-2006, 08:12 AM
I think i must be the only one who actually liked the Postman. Granted, its nothing spectacular but its entertaining. Somewhat corny in parts though.

Costner has redeemed himself recently with Open Range which he directed and a great perfomance last year in the The Upside of Anger.

greg63
04-28-2006, 08:14 AM

You've just now seen this?

Crush
04-28-2006, 10:02 AM
I heard the book was actually decent.

Lzen
04-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Open Range was a good flick. I've never seen Postman. Heard it was terrible so I never bothered.

el borracho
04-28-2006, 11:01 AM
You've just now seen this?
Saw it for the first time last night at 3 am.

Crush
04-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Saw it for the first time last night at 3 am.

I'm so, so sorry that you had to be exposed to that POS.

el borracho
04-28-2006, 11:08 AM
I think i must be the only one who actually liked the Postman. Granted, its nothing spectacular but its entertaining. Somewhat corny in parts though.
"Somewhat?"

"Riiiiide, postman! Riiiiiiiide!!!!"

DMAC
04-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Have you ever seen Battlefield Earth? It was so bad I wished Costner was in it!!

Demonpenz
04-28-2006, 11:29 AM
battlefield earth is so shitty that the only tagline on the back they could find from a critic was . "The scene transitions were flawless" Ususally even the shittiest moves can find some college writer to proclaim it "best picture"

Rausch
04-28-2006, 11:31 AM
"Somewhat?"

"Riiiiide, postman! Riiiiiiiide!!!!"

Hard to compete with monoliths like Titanic and...there just aren't many good flicks made anymore.

But I love watching cheesy $#it like that. Hell, I even own Red Dawn.

Fish
04-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Costner is one of those actors that has no middle-ground fans.... either you love him or you really hate him.....

el borracho
04-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Hard to compete with monoliths like Titanic and...there just aren't many good flicks made anymore.

But I love watching cheesy $#it like that. Hell, I even own Red Dawn.
Titanic would have been infinitely better if they had cast it correctly. There was just no way I could buy into little Leonardo DiCaprio as a street urchin who won his tickets gambling.

I remember loving Red Dawn but I was just a kid then. It has probably been close to two decades since I have seen it. I wonder what I would think if I were to see it again. Probably too much nostalgia to judge it clearly.

Fish
04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Did anybody else like Costner's Robin Hood?

Rausch
04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Titanic would have been infinitely better if they had cast it correctly. There was just no way I could buy into little Leonardo DiCaprio as a street urchin who won his tickets gambling.

Never saw it, never will.

I remember loving Red Dawn but I was just a kid then. It has probably been close to two decades since I have seen it. I wonder what I would think if I were to see it again. Probably too much nostalgia to judge it clearly.

It's only watchable due to it's ability to approach the zenith of cheese and about 5 now famous actors at the start of their careers...

Lurch
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Two words for Kevin Costner:

wounded deer....

luv
04-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Did anybody else like Costner's Robin Hood?
Yes.

He's got a new movie out with Shirley McClain and Jennifer Anniston that I'm the guys will just love. I haven't seen it, but I'm guessing chick flick. :)

el borracho
04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
Costner is one of those actors that has no middle-ground fans.... either you love him or you really hate him.....
Oh, Costner is a terrible actor no doubt about that. But he has appeared in a couple of movies where he/ his character were at least charming enough to override his wooden deliveries. Dances With Wolves was good and Costner's Robin Hood was tolerable. Waterworld and The Postman are just unbearable.

DMAC
04-28-2006, 12:00 PM
The only movie part I liked him in was Field of Dreams, I think he lucked out getting that.

Kclee
04-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow. Did I just wake up from a reverse coma?

Deberg_1990
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh, Costner is a terrible actor no doubt about that. But he has appeared in a couple of movies where he/ his character were at least charming enough to override his wooden deliveries. Dances With Wolves was good and Costner's Robin Hood was tolerable. Waterworld and The Postman are just unbearable.

Costner had a Hell of a good run in the late 80's to early 90's.

Silverado
Untouchables
Bull Durham
No Way Out
Dances With Wolves
JFK
The Bodyguard
Robin Hood

Of course....everyone likes to pile on him now, but at one time he made some truly great flicks.

luv
04-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Costner had a Hell of a good run in the late 80's to early 90's.

Silverado
Untouchables
Bull Durham
No Way Out
Dances With Wolves
JFK
The Bodyguard
Robin Hood

Of course....everyone likes to pile on him now, but at one time he made some truly great flicks.
For Love of the Game

Kclee
04-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Tin Cup.
Oh, and Night Shift.