PDA

View Full Version : Why dems are losers...

oldandslow
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Do the democrats have a platform at all??? This kind of stuff pisses me off. Democrats in MA should stand up for the principles and vote that fat wind bag aside...

Wind power is the least invasive energy source out there. But of course it can't be in the Kennedy's back yard. :banghead:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/wa..._on_cape_wind/

WASHINGTON -- As record oil prices turn attention to the need for renewable fuels, momentum is building in Congress to buck Senator Edward M. Kennedy's bid to block the proposed Cape Cod wind energy project, potentially reviving efforts to construct the sprawling windmill farm in Nantucket Sound.
Article Tools

The chairman and the top Democrat on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources committee said yesterday that when the bill Kennedy backs that would effectively halt the wind farm comes up for a vote in the Senate, they will object on procedural grounds. They say they'll argue that a renewable energy project shouldn't be lumped in with a bill governing the Coast Guard.

Amnorix
04-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I can't back old Ted on this one. It's not only bad policy, it's really pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Lurch
04-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Ah, spending other people's money, and NIMBY (not in my back yard.) According to some, it's only the Republicans with this problem. heh.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Do the democrats have a platform at all??? So easy to google, one wonders why your curiosity didn't prompt it....

http://www.democrats.org/agenda.html

oldandslow
04-28-2006, 11:10 AM
UD

I am one of the more progressive posters on the board.

"Do they have a platform" was hyperbole...still, it seems they are not following it.

Or does the environment only matter when its a repub doing the despoiling?

Ugly Duck
04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
UD

I am one of the more progressive posters on the board.

"Do they have a platform" was hyperbole...still, it seems they are not following it.

Or does the environment only matter when its a repub doing the despoiling?My bad.... my apologies. Just a knee-jerk at seeing the "Dems don't have a platform" Faux News talking point....

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 11:47 AM
democratic leadership just completely sucks

if they weren't so inept we wouldn't be dealing with a 2nd term corrupt idiot like we are now.

memyselfI
04-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Do the democrats have a platform at all??? This kind of stuff pisses me off. Democrats in MA should stand up for the principles and vote that fat wind bag aside...

Wind power is the least invasive energy source out there. But of course it can't be in the Kennedy's back yard. :banghead:

It is hypocritical and it's typical...

which is why I'd never vote to put the geezer in the WH. Unlike many people who voted to put two oil men into the WH and then start :deevee: when their energy policies enable higher gas prices and richer oil companies.

Anyone who voted Bush/Cheney should be ashamed to :deevee: about gas prices. What the hell did they expect?

memyselfI
04-28-2006, 11:52 AM
democratic leadership just completely sucks

if they weren't so inept we wouldn't be dealing with a 2nd term corrupt idiot like we are now.

Definitely the lesser of two evils...

what a great democracy we have. :rolleyes:

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Terrible. We should be putting up wind farms wherever we can.

mlyonsd
04-28-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with Teddy on this one.

I live in the country and wouldn't want those big ugly monstrosities cluttering up the landscape.

And, from one perspective his position isn't that hypocritical if he's opposed to drilling in ANWR.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Terrible. We should be putting up wind farms wherever we can.

pick 1 energy research and 1 health category to fund ........ drop the rest until we solved it.

move on to the the next two

imo the single biggest/best thing we could do is find a viable renewable energy supply.

1. makes the middle east irrelevant
2. dumps the price gouging oil companies.
3. long term environmental benefits.

HUGE,HUGE world changer ........

prolly Nerve repair/regeneration would be the medical research with the most impact.

it covers a ton of debilitating diseases and injuries that would not only cure people but also get them off of life long medical treatment ... medicare/medicaid etc.

Taco John
04-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Personally, I think wind farms look way bitchin...

mlyonsd
04-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Personally, I think wind farms look way bitchin...

IMO they are interesting to look at, for about 5 minutes.

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Personally, I think wind farms look way bitchin...And almost all of the cost is startup.