PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see the Chiefs trade down....

KChiefs1
04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I was looking at the Draft Value Chart & the Chiefs 20th pick is worth 850pts which if they traded down could get them a high 2nd, high 3rd & a 7th rounder thrown in....I think this draft is very deep from what I seen so I'd try & do that this year.

20th pick

for

33rd pick(580pts)
65th pick(265pts)
216th pick(5pts)

= 850pts = even trade

jiveturkey
04-28-2006, 01:30 PM
So you're going for quanity of quality?

If Willams and Lawson are gone then trading back is OK with me. Going back to 33rd is a big jump though.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 01:36 PM
The 33rd pick means Hali will be gone. From what I've seen the Bucs have an eye on him.

eazyb81
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
So you're going for quanity of quality?

If Willams and Lawson are gone then trading back is OK with me. Going back to 33rd is a big jump though.

Those are my thoughts as well, and I might throw Cromartie in there too.

If those three are gone, I think we would be stupid not to trade down.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 01:44 PM
I doubt Hali is gone at #33.

Even if he is, there will still be a quality player available.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 01:48 PM
I doubt Hali is gone at #33.

Even if he is, there will still be a quality player available.

I don't know about that. I've seen a few mocks having the Bucs taking him at 23.

Brock
04-28-2006, 01:52 PM
The point value system is meaningless to me. It's just a way for bad GMs to justify draft day incompetence.

CupidStunt
04-28-2006, 02:32 PM
From all i've heard, Hali won't go any higher than the 40-45 range. Who knows, maybe he ends up still being a first-rounder despite all the pre draft criticism. Or maybe he does fall like he's projected to.

I would bet on him being there at #54 before i'd bet on him being gone at that point. JMO.

Coogs
04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
If Lawson is there at #20, take hime. If he is not, trade down is fine with me.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Depends on who is there. Talking trade down, just to horde picks is unwise, IMO. There could and should be a quality player staring us right in the face at 20. I prefer quality over quanity. You can always trade down in the later rounds. I prefer our team have definitive players that they strategically see improving our team and go after them, by trading up, if they have to.

Coogs
04-28-2006, 02:58 PM
Depends on who is there. Talking trade down, just to horde picks is unwise, IMO. There could and should be a quality player staring us right in the face at 20. I prefer quality over quanity. You can always trade down in the later rounds. I prefer our team have definitive players that they strategically see improving our team and go after them, by trading up, if they have to.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM

I agree. Despite all of our failing in the draft/free agency over the last 10 years, we do at least have some depth. We've got a Key Fox. We've got a Kawika Mitchell.

We've got lots of mid-tier players. We need a few TOP-tier players to get us there...

Coogs
04-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I agree. Despite all of our failing in the draft/free agency over the last 10 years, we do at least have some depth. We've got a Key Fox. We've got a Kawika Mitchell.

We've got lots of mid-tier players. We need a few TOP-tier players to get us there...

Yep! DJ last season. Add another top notch talent to go with him, and the starting of a defense we can be proud of again will be within reach.

KChiefs1
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
I was just saying that if there isn't a DE/CB/WR available at 20th that you want, that you could possibly get the player you want at 33 getting a 3rd & a 7th rounder in the process.

penchief
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
The 33rd pick means Hali will be gone. From what I've seen the Bucs have an eye on him.

And the Bucs know defense. Hali is a factor. He plays every down. He's very good against the run and he's excellent against the pass. His exuberance for football shows in his play. Defense is about production and desire, not potential. Teams like Tampa Bay that know defense have already figured this out.

If he's there at twenty we should take him. It wouldn't be a reach. Look at all the people who are dropping at the last minute. Hali already dropped. The first impression was the right one.

If you could have a DE that would start right away and be just as good rushing the passer as Jared Allen in his first year (but better against the run) , would that be worth the 20th pick in the draft?

milkman
04-28-2006, 07:55 PM
And the Bucs know defense. Hali is a factor. He plays every down. He's very good against the run and he's excellent against the pass. His exuberance for football shows in his play. Defense is about production and desire, not potential. Teams like Tampa Bay that know defense have already figured this out.

If he's there at twenty we should take him. It wouldn't be a reach. Look at all the people who are dropping at the last minute. Hali already dropped. The first impression was the right one.

If you could have a DE that would start right away and be just as good rushing the passer as Jared Allen in his first year (but better against the run) , would that be worth the 20th pick in the draft?

I agree with you on Hali.

He's a guy that was rated highly at the end of the season, because he produced on the field.

His stock has fallen since because of workout numbers.

I'd rather have a guy that played at a high level, as opposed to working out at a high level.

However, with his stock falling as much as it has, trading down and taking him later, and adding another pick, would seem a practical move.