PDA

View Full Version : Eagles losing interest in Jevon Walker

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Eagles | Team losing interest in J. Walker
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:11:35 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports whatever interest the Philadelphia Eagles had in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker appears to be gone. According to several reports, the Eagles offered the Packers DT Hollis Thomas and a late-round draft pick. The Packers reportedly wanted a first-round pick, but may be willing to settle for a second-round pick and a conditional high-round pick.

JBucc
04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
I don't think anyone's dumb enough to give a first for a guy coming off a knee injury. Especially considering they have to trade him pretty soon and Walker has said he'll sit out the season rather than play for GB, and I believe him.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Pack WR continues tourÖ Green Bay WR Javon walker will be in Denver today to meet with Broncosí officials as he tries to work out a trade for himself prior to the draft. Walker, the Packersí #1 pick in 2002 who has threatened to never play for Green Bay again if he isnít moved, was in New Orleans yesterday. The Packers reportedly want a first-round pick in exchange for Walker, but may be willing to settle for a second rounder, or even a package of lower round picks, especially if combined with a veteran player or two. Indeed, both the Saints and Broncos reportedly would be willing to include a former 1st round WR as part of a package to get Walker. The Saints, for example, would be willing to part with Donte Stallworth, while the Broncos would part with Ashley Lelie. Ironically, both were picked of Walker at the 2002 draft. In fact, both Stallworth and Lelie could end up being traded this weekend even if they arenít part of a package for Walker. Meanwhile, Miami could be a late-entrant in the Walker sweepstakes as the Dolphins have reportedly sought and received permission to negotiate a contract with Walker, but have yet to set up a visit.

Cochise
04-28-2006, 01:47 PM
I think the packers are really overvaluing him. He had one pretty good season, one huge one, and then missed a whole year with a knee injury. And he's worth a first round pick plus more picks?

Bowser
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard on SportsCenter a night or two ago that Donald Driver has the exact same idea that Javon Walker does. He's pissed and wants out of Green Bay. Apparently, they have been promising him to re-do his contract the last two or three years (he's gone over 1,200 yds receiving the last two seasons), but they haven't talked to him at all about it.

I'd trade for this guy in a heartbeat, but surey Green Bay isn't that dumb to let him AND Walker walk.

sedated
04-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I'd rather trade the 20th pick for Walker than draft a WR with that pick.

Stallworth and Lelie were both picked higher than Walker, and the teams are trying to get rid of them.

But, I guess I'm not much of a gambler.

HC_Chief
04-28-2006, 02:04 PM

Stallworth and Lelie were both picked higher than Walker, and the teams are trying to get rid of them.

But, I guess I'm not much of a gambler.

Stallworth is the guy we should have drafted instead of Sims. If NO would take our second for him, MAKE THAT TRADE!!!!

Coogs
04-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Stallworth is the guy we should have drafted instead of Sims. If NO would take our second for him, MAKE THAT TRADE!!!!

I was pulling for Dwight Freeney. :banghead:

Hopefully we make ammends this draft and get Lawson.

HC_Chief
04-28-2006, 02:08 PM
I was pulling for Dwight Freeney. :banghead:

Hopefully we make ammends this draft and get Lawson.

Heh, that would have been good too.

Frankie
04-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Without his ACL injury, yes. With it, even our 2nd is borderline risky. But I could live with the latter.

Ari Chi3fs
04-28-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah, Donte Stallworth is AWESOME!!!

http://www.cuw.edu/Academics/programs/athletic_training/images/reason1.jpg

Dave Lane
04-28-2006, 02:44 PM
What the hell is in his ear?

Dave

HC_Chief
04-28-2006, 02:45 PM

Dave

Blood.... and possibly a little brain matter.

That hit was BRUTAL. FFS, his eyeball is popping out! ROFL

sedated
04-28-2006, 03:01 PM

Dave

a safety? :shrug:

chop
04-28-2006, 04:22 PM
a safety? :shrug:

funny :D

Valiant
04-28-2006, 07:03 PM

Dave

Some of the responses are funny, but I believe it is some bling...

BWillie
04-28-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see why we don't offer them our second rounder. I see nothing wrong with this. Whoever our second rounder is only has a 50% chance of developing into a great player, whereas Javon Walker is a sure thing. We would be set at wide receiver for the next four years.

Halfcan
04-28-2006, 11:19 PM
I offered the Packers a case of beer, for Javon to do some yard work for me-but I havn't got a response yet.