PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Final Mock

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 02:33 PM
This will be the last mock I put you all through, but I can't deny, I've enjoyed throwing these out there.

Chiefs

Round1 DE Manny Lawson- passrusher, who will bring swagger back to the D side of the ball.

Round 2 CB Kelly Jennings-one of the most complete CBs in the draft. He's got alot of experience and plenty of speed.

Round 3 DT Rod Wright, a sleeper pick, who has fallen off of many of draft boards. Wright with proper motivation, could be successful at the NFL level. Texas D-lineman usually translate well to the next level.

Round 5 CB Charles Gordon, an oustanding athlete, who is flying under the radar. He could become our dominate FS and we get him in the 5th round.

Round 6 HB Taurean Henderson, great value pick in the 6th round. Look up the numbers, Henderson broke alot of records. We need a back-up for LJ.

Round 6 MLBer Freddie Roach-Looked great at the Senior Bowl and has the upside to be dominant on special teams. Has an outside shot at becoming a starter, because of his athletisism. I'm surprised he is slated to be a low second day pick. Grigsby may be a practice squader if Roach is picked up.

Round 7 OT Jimmy Martin, one of the best lineman for VT. The kid has potential, might be nothing more than camp fodder, but he played well for VT and is worth a 7th rounder, especially considering the nightmare of Roaf going outfor weeks last year.

Thoughts?

Spicy McHaggis
04-28-2006, 02:39 PM
This will be the last mock I put you all through, but I can't deny, I've enjoyed throwing these out there.

Chiefs

Round1 DE Manny Lawson- passrusher, who will bring swagger back to the D side of the ball.

Round 2 CB Kelly Jennings-one of the most complete CBs in the draft. He's got alot of experience and plenty of speed.

Round 3 DT Rod Wright, a sleeper pick, who has fallen off of many of draft boards. Wright with proper motivation, could be successful at the NFL level. Texas D-lineman usually translate well to the next level.

Round 5 CB Charles Gordon, an oustanding athlete, who is flying under the radar. He could become our dominate FS and we get him in the 5th round.

Round 6 HB Taurean Henderson, great value pick in the 6th round. Look up the numbers, Henderson broke alot of records. We need a back-up for LJ.

Round 6 MLBer Freddie Roach-Looked great at the Senior Bowl and has the upside to be dominant on special teams. Has an outside shot at becoming a starter, because of his athletisism. I'm surprised he is slated to be a low second day pick. Grigsby may be a practice squader if Roach is picked up.

Round 7 OT Jimmy Martin, one of the best lineman for VT. The kid has potential, might be nothing more than camp fodder, but he played well for VT and is worth a 7th rounder, especially considering the nightmare of Roaf going outfor weeks last year.

Thoughts?

This is definately a we get lucky and people fall a bit to us draft but I definately would be ecstatic with it. The only one I'm pretty sure won't be there is Jennings. I think he's shot up too much but his cover skills would be ideal if we could snatch him.

Wright in the third is a great value and will be better served in our scheme than the one he played in at Texas. As a KU student I've watched Gordon forever and would love him in the fifth. He probably won't ever be a starter though but a good nickle. I've liked Taurean Henderson throughout the college season and I had us picking him in the sixth as well. Don't know anything about Roach though.

Dunit35
04-28-2006, 02:42 PM
I like it. I watched a video on Jennings earlier to see what he was about and it didn't seem that he broke up many passes but atleast he could tackle.

jiveturkey
04-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Drop the MLB'er and give me a FB. :)

eazyb81
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM
May be a bit unrealistic to see a few of those players drop to us, but if this is what happened this weekend I would be ecstatic. We get a playmaking pass rusher, a couple solid CBs that would battle for the open starting position, and a talented DT that would be a great fit for our system and would push Sims.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Drop the MLB'er and give me a FB. :)

Roach is too good of a player to pass on, IMO. We should be able to get an undrafted FB, if Ronnie Cruz isn't ready. We also could use Kris Wilson in a pinch.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
Jennings won't get out of the late 1st/early 2nd. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go to the Seahawks.

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Jennings won't get out of the late 1st/early 2nd. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him go to the Seahawks.
We shall see. He has been slated as a 2nd rounder in the majority of mocks I've seen. None-the-less we should be able to get a quality CB in the 2nd, possibly Yobouty or Griffin, if Jennings is unavailable. All indications show he's got a good possibilty of being there, when we pick, so I put it down.

htismaqe
04-28-2006, 03:00 PM
We shall see. He has been slated as a 2nd rounder in the majority of mocks I've seen. None-the-less we should be able to get a quality CB in the 2nd, possibly Yobouty or Griffin, if Jennings is unavailable. All indications show he's got a good possibilty of being there, when we pick, so I put it down.

Supposedly the Seahawks like both Jennings and Youboty and are trying to pick between them. So you're right, one of the two could fall to us at 54, depending on which one the Seahawks take (if they take one).

BigChiefFan
04-28-2006, 03:47 PM
This is definately a we get lucky and people fall a bit to us draft but I definately would be ecstatic with it. The only one I'm pretty sure won't be there is Jennings. I think he's shot up too much but his cover skills would be ideal if we could snatch him.

Wright in the third is a great value and will be better served in our scheme than the one he played in at Texas. As a KU student I've watched Gordon forever and would love him in the fifth. He probably won't ever be a starter though but a good nickle. I've liked Taurean Henderson throughout the college season and I had us picking him in the sixth as well. Don't know anything about Roach though.

I really like Charles Gordon, too. He has alot of upside. He's definitely talented and I believe he could be moved to FS for us.

jiveturkey
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Bump Time!!!!

There's more where this one came from. I'm always curious what peoples opinions are from year to year.

htismaqe
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
DO NOT bump threads from last year and clutter this place up right before the ****ing draft.

jiveturkey
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
DO NOT bump threads from last year and clutter this place up right before the ****ing draft.You just rebumped all of them. :hmmm:

BigChiefFan
04-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Manny Lawson was an impact player for the 49ers. Here's an excerpt from the 49ers website on Lawson...2006 SEASON UPDATE:
• Lawson started 11 games as a rookie after the 49ers made him their second selection in the first round of the 2006 NFL Draft.
• In his first home game vs. St. Louis (9-17), Lawson posted 2 sacks, including his first career sack as part of a defense that recorded 6 sacks in the game. For his efforts, he was voted the NFL Rookie of the Week in Week 2.
• Against Oakland (10-8), Lawson registered the 49ers’ only blocked punt of the season, and the first of his career. It was the 49ers first blocked punt since Keith Lewis blocked a punt vs. Arizona (12-5-05). As a result, Lawson was named honorable mention NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 5.
• He also grabbed his first career interception at St. Louis (11-26), nabbing a pass from Marc Bulger that was intended for Torry Holt.
• He finished the season with 65 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 interception and 3 passes defensed.

Kelly Jennings played in all 16 games for the Seahawks and had 40 tackles and a pick, not bad backing up Marcus Trufant.

Rod Wright didn't record a single tackle with the Dolphins.

Charles Gordon is the 5th CB for the Vikings and he made 14 special teams tackles.

I can't locate any record of Freddy Roach being drafted.

T. Henderson is a PS player for the Falcons. It's hard to step on the field when Norwood is a back-up.

Jimmy Martin made the Vikings roster as a back-up, PS Center.

There's your update.

eazyb81
04-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Haha, I remember being SO pissed when we passed on Manny Lawson and Jimmy Williams for Tamba Hali.

htismaqe
04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
You just rebumped all of them. :hmmm:

Don't be a smartass. If necessary, I'll lock the threads and ban you.

:hmmm: