PDA

View Full Version : U.S. military says it killed al Qaeda 'emir'

Loki
04-28-2006, 08:25 PM
( source (http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/28/iraq.main/index.html) )

U.S. military says it killed al Qaeda 'emir'

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Coalition forces hunted and killed a local al Qaeda leader and two other insurgents in Samarra on Friday, the U.S. military said.

The leader is identified as Hamadi 'Abd al-Takhi al-Nissani. The U.S. military called him the al Qaeda emir of Samarra, which is north of Baghdad, in a statement.

Coalition forces used intelligence reports to track "the wanted terrorist and two others" to a house nearly 10 miles north of Samarra, a military statement said.

"As the troops assaulted the house where the three men were known to be hiding, al-Nissani, who was armed, attempted to flee and was killed by the assault force.

"The ground troops also killed the other two armed terrorists inside the house. One of the terrorists, who had grenades strapped around his torso and one in his hand, was killed as he was attempting to throw a grenade," the military said.

Munitions were found in a car parked next to the house. They included "a rocket propelled grenade launcher, multiple rockets, explosives, AK-47s, ammunition, grenades and one shotgun," the military said.

In another raid, an armed man was wounded and detained, the military said. A suicide vest was found in his car.

In southwestern Baghdad on Friday, a roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi police patrol killed a police officer and wounded two people, police Capt. Jamil Hussein said, according to The Associated Press.

Two mortars or rockets were fired at downtown Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, where Iraq's government meets and the U.S. Embassy is located, AP reported. Photos showed injured children.

U.S. soldier, Marine killed

The U.S. military reported Friday the deaths of a U.S. soldier and a Marine this week in Iraq.

The soldier was killed Thursday north of Baghdad when his vehicle struck a roadside bomb at 7:15 p.m. (11:15 a.m. ET), the U.S. military said.

The Marine was killed Wednesday during combat operations in Al Anbar province, west of Baghdad, the U.S. Department of Defense announced Friday.

He was identified as 19-year-old Lance Cpl. Michael L. Ford of New Bedford, Massachusetts, assigned to the 1st Tank Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Twentynine Palms, California.
The number of U.S. soldiers who have died in the war now stands at 2,396.

Iraqi soldiers also killed a suspected bomb-maker earlier this week, the military said.

Iraqi troops, working with U.S. military advisers in an operation Tuesday in Najaf, tried to detain the suspected insurgent but came under small-arms fire, the U.S. military said.

The soldiers returned fire, killing the suspect, the military said, adding that three other people were detained and later released.

Loki
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
hmmmm... does this mean we're actually getting better intel from the
local populace?
a good thing none the less.

now if we could only smoke that al-zarqawi f*cker...

go bowe
04-28-2006, 09:23 PM
i'd say there's no doubt that we're getting better intel from the local populace...

and making good use of it... :thumb:

Frankie
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
So is he another Al Qaeda number two man we have killed now? What does that make.... 873 number 2s?

Loki
04-28-2006, 09:35 PM
So is he another Al Qaeda number two man we have killed now? What does that make.... 873 number 2s?

who gives a sh*t frankie? scratch another cowardly terrorist a$$hole
who has been killing our troops and iraqi women and children.

memyselfI
04-28-2006, 09:36 PM
So is he another Al Qaeda number two man we have killed now? What does that make.... 873 number 2s? ROFL

That, or one (or more) folks like Mr. Kotter... :hmmm:

;)

Phobia
04-28-2006, 10:27 PM

I don't know if you are aware but when a bunch of athletes are racing around a track and the dude in second place pulls a hamstring the dude who was in 3rd place is no longer. They don't leave a courtesy hole for him and tote his ashes around as "Honorable #2". He's gone. Finito. Capute.

So the dude who was #3 is now #2. The dude who was #4 is now #3. The dude who was #5 is #4.

I hope you understand all this. If not, let me know and I'll draw a charcoal map on camelskin for you.

Loki
04-28-2006, 10:36 PM
I hope you understand all this. If not, let me know and I'll draw a charcoal map on camelskin for you

dang! that's some funny sh*t dude!

Frankie
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't know if you are aware but when a bunch of athletes are racing around a track and the dude in second place pulls a hamstring the dude who was in 3rd place is no longer. They don't leave a courtesy hole for him and tote his ashes around as "Honorable #2". He's gone. Finito. Capute.

So the dude who was #3 is now #2. The dude who was #4 is now #3. The dude who was #5 is #4.

I hope you understand all this. If not, let me know and I'll draw a charcoal map on camelskin for you.
ROFL
Actually I did think of that principal too when I posted. But seriously, we are killing all these 2s left and right and 1 is living into his 6th year of being target number one. Something's wrong with that picture.

Hydrae
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM

Wait a second, since when is Phobia trolling the DC forums? Getting bored at the new home?

banyon
04-28-2006, 11:22 PM
When do we start cutting into their actual numbers?

Or does anybody have evidence that this has already occurred?

Frankie
04-28-2006, 11:27 PM
When do we start cutting into their actual numbers?

Or does anybody have evidence that this has already occurred?
According to Phobia's theory, we are about to kill #874 who hasn't pulled a hammy yet as #s 2 through 873 have.
;)

CHIEF4EVER
04-28-2006, 11:29 PM
According to Phobia's theory, we are about to kill #874 who hasn't pulled a hammy yet as #s 2 through 873 have.
;)

I'd say getting a 5.56mm ventilation system installed is a far cry from pulling a hammy.........:p

Frankie
04-28-2006, 11:32 PM
I'd say getting a 5.56mm ventilation system installed is a far cry from pulling a hammy.........:p
:LOL:. Tell that to Phob.

Phobia
04-29-2006, 12:53 AM
;)

Are you suggesting my thought process is flawed?

Phobia
04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Wait a second, since when is Phobia trolling the DC forums? Getting bored at the new home?

It's not yet a high traffic locale. Additionally, my "Frankie just posted some really crazy crap" signal went off.

Frankie
04-29-2006, 06:45 AM
Are you suggesting my thought process is flawed?
I enjoyed your "thought process," Phob. But the operations of a vast terrorist organization splattered all over the planet is quite different from a tightly isolated race. It's like saying bananas and grapes taste alike. Why? Because they are both fruit.

Phobia
04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Actually, I'm not an expert on terrorist organizations but I do have highly advanced mathematical skills. Generally when #2 is bumped off, he is immediately replaced by somebody else regardless if you care for my race analogy or not. I did actually like your banana and grape analogy, though I'm thinking that had you chosen apples and oranges you may have been more successful in getting your point across.

You do know that the early mouse gets the cheese.

Sully
04-29-2006, 09:50 AM
avocados and pomegranites?

unlurking
04-30-2006, 06:13 PM
While I don't agree with Frankie's assertion that killing multiple #2 is a waste of time, I do agree with his assertion that not taking care of problem #1 is a major concern. We need to eliminate OBL.

Frankie
05-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I did actually like your banana and grape analogy, though I'm thinking that had you chosen apples and oranges you may have been more successful in getting your point across.

You do know that the early mouse gets the cheese.Apples and oranges are too close compared to the more different grapes and bananas. I consciouly used them to avoid the boring and conventional apples and oranges addage.

go bowe
05-02-2006, 01:33 AM
and a right fine job you did, frankie...

Frankie
05-02-2006, 01:38 AM
and a right fine job you did, frankie...
go bo,... I don't give out cheap rep!

Loki
05-02-2006, 09:48 AM
silly argument...

i'm confused... where in the article does it claim that any of these dudes were AQ's #2 leader(s)?

:shrug:

Radar Chief
05-02-2006, 10:00 AM
silly argument...

i'm confused... where in the article does it claim that any of these dudes were AQ's #2 leader(s)?

:shrug:

Thatís apparently the latest justification to satisfy the psyche for dismissín information counter to what one wants to believe.
If ya donít mind me getín Freudian for a moment. ;)

Loki
05-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Thatís apparently the latest justification to satisfy the psyche for dismissín information counter to what one wants to believe.
If ya donít mind me getín Freudian for a moment. ;)

i think you would have to slip the word "ANAL" in there somewhere if you were getting freudian... :)

Iowanian
05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah.

Another dead terrorist, is a good terrorist.

tis always good to see Dense, Jaz and Frankie celebrating the death of an Asshole.

Frankie
05-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah.

Another dead terrorist, is a good terrorist.

tis always good to see Dense, Jaz and Frankie celebrating the death of an Asshole.
I "celebrate" no one's death. I do think some death's are more justified than others.

Loki
05-05-2006, 11:40 PM
I "celebrate" no one's death. I do think some death's are more justified than others.

for example?

Frankie
05-06-2006, 01:30 AM
for example?
For example: I'm not a blind advocate of death penalty. But in case of crime against children, I'm all for it with the condition of having been proven beyond the shadow of the doubt.

Iowanian
05-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I dance a jig, at least in my mind, every time a terrorist dies.

I hope they get drilled in the ass by a pig in hell.