PDA

View Full Version : HaHaHA Vlad likes the Tamba Hali pick !!!!

Logical
04-29-2006, 04:36 PM
When many of you are complaining I am happy we pulled the trigger and picked Tamba when we did.

Since I guess the other thread never got updated here is the entire first round.

1 Houston - Mario Williams/North Carolina State/DE
2 New Orleans - Reggie Bush/USC/RB
3 Tennessee - Vince Young/Texas/QB
4 N.Y. Jets - D'Brickasaw Ferguson/Virgina/OT
5 Green Bay - A.J Hawk/Ohio State/LB
6 San Francisco - Vernon Davis/Maryland/TE
7 Oakland - Michael Huff/Texas/DB-S
8 Buffalo - Donte Whitner/Ohio State/S
9 Detroit - Ernie Sims/Florida State/LB
10 Arizona - Matt Leinhart/USC/QB
11 Denver Jay Cutler/Vanderbilt/QB
12 Baltimore - Haloti Ngata/Oregon/DT
13 Cleveland - Kamerion Wimbley/Florida St./DE
14 Philadelphia - Brodrick Bunkley/Florida State/DT
15 St. Louis - Tye Hill/Clemson/CB
16 Miami - Jason Allen/Tennessee/S
17 Minnesota - Chad Greenway/Iowa/LB
18 Dallas - Bobby Carpenter/Ohio State/LB
19 San Diego - Antonio Cromartie/Florida State/CB
20 Kansas City - Tamba Hali/Penn State/DE
21 New England - Laurence Maroney/Minnesota/RB
22 San Francisco - Manny Lawson
23 Tampa Bay - Davin Joseph/Oklahoma/G
24 Cincinnati - Johnath Joseph/South Carolina/CB
25 Pittsburgh - Santonio Holmes/Ohio State/WR
26 Buffalo - John McCargo/North Carolina State/DT
27 Carolina - DeAngelo Williams/Memphis/RB
28 Jacksonville - Marcedes Lewis/UCLA/TE
29 N.Y. Jets - Nick Mangold/Ohio State/C
30 Indianapolis - Joseph Addai/Louisiana State/RB
31 Seattle - Kelly Jennings/Miami/CB
32 N.Y. Giants - Mathias Kiwanuka/Boston/DE

Coach
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Vlad, care to establish why you liked this pick?

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I like this pick for the Chiefs...DE along with DT is the source of your defensive problems. This is a step in the right direction along with the secondary moves over the past two seasons

Chan93lx50
04-29-2006, 04:39 PM
So what is it about this guy that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling that a lot of other fans are missing?

I like the pick, and I don't like the pick I keep going backforth with this one!

Logical
04-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Vlad, care to establish why you liked this pick?
Great motor. Played well at a major program in a major conference. Not relying on a player to be a project player. Did NOT trade down. I really need to repeat this we did not trade down.

Also from several interviews I have seen he seems to really have good character and a desire to excel.

Coach
04-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Great motor. Played well at a major program in a major conference. Not relying on a player to be a project player. Did NOT trade down. I really need to repeat this we did not trade down.

Also from several interviews I have seen he seems to really have good character and a desire to excel.

I agree. 1st Team All American, Walter Camp All-America team, Named the Big Ten lineman of the Year by the conference's coaches, Led the Big Ten leading 11 sacks, 65 tackles and 17 tackles for a loss, Made key sack of OSU QB Troy Smith in their matchup which helped PSU win it's first Big Ten title since 1994, Finalist for the Nagurski Award and the second highest rated Defensive End in the 2005 NFL draft.

Based on his 11 sack season in the Big Ten last year and being a 1st team All American at his position in 2005, the ONLY REASON that he wasn't a top ten pick was because of his workouts.

To by quite honest, I don't care if he runs a 10 flat forty if the guy can pull 11 sacks in a 14 game season. And I thought DE and CB was the biggest need.

CupidStunt
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Good drafts are based on good complimentary picks.

If we can get Marshall or a DT like Wroten to go along with Hali, i'm happy.

Logical
04-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I agree. 1st Team All American, Walter Camp All-America team, Named the Big Ten lineman of the Year by the conference's coaches, Led the Big Ten leading 11 sacks, 65 tackles and 17 tackles for a loss, Made key sack of OSU QB Troy Smith in their matchup which helped PSU win it's first Big Ten title since 1994, Finalist for the Nagurski Award and the second highest rated Defensive End in the 2005 NFL draft.

Based on his 11 sack season in the Big Ten last year and being a 1st team All American at his position in 2005, the ONLY REASON that he wasn't a top ten pick was because of his workouts.

To by quite honest, I don't care if he runs a 10 flat forty if the guy can pull 11 sacks in a 14 game season. And I thought DE and CB was the biggest need.

:thumb:

Valiant
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
I think it is a ****ing awesome pick, I wanted him here or Holmes with our 20....

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
I didn't really liek him at 20, but I'm very much satisfied with Hali.

plbrdude
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
i don't get a chance to follow all this as close as some of you'ns. but according to his stats and our needs, i'm thinkn' good move.

Skip Towne
04-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Terrible pick!! Penn State?? Nothing good ever came out of Penn State!! What a wasted pick!!! [/Vlad'03]

SCTrojan
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM

I agree. Played big in big games and has a high motor. Would have preferred a CB here, but I can't complain about a DE to complement Jared Allen.

WilliamTheIrish
04-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Terrible pick!! Penn State?? Nothing good ever came out of Penn State!! What a wasted pick!!! [/Vlad'03]

Ha! That's great.

BigRock
04-29-2006, 05:46 PM
I don't know why people think he would have been there if we traded down. What pick did the Giants have, #24? They went DE and, after we picked Hali, both ESPN and the NFL Network said that the Giants GM loved him.

Logical
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM

You would have to add running back for that quote to be accurate. Hell I love Penn State linebackers. Besides which I have admitted Larry turned out to be a good pick many times over, so this is a little late for your I told you so.

Skip Towne
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
You would have to add running back for that quote to be accurate. Hell I love Penn State linebackers. Besides which I have admitted Larry turned out to be a good pick many times over, so this is a little late for your I told you so.
You're not going to live that down for a looong time.

Logical
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
You're not going to live that down for a looong time.

I really don't mind but I wish you had come closer on the quote as I only have two positions I don't want out of Penn State RB and QB. RB because of the history, QB because of Todd Blackledge and the way Paterno used to coach offense.

Logical
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I like 2 out of three of our first day picks and Bernard Pollard really just makes me scratch my head as to why a poor coverage guy. You got to like his tackling ability though.

Coach
04-29-2006, 07:29 PM
I like 2 out of three of our first day picks and Bernard Pollard really just makes me scratch my head as to why a poor coverage guy. You got to like his tackling ability though.

Yeah, that one is a scratcher too, but at the same time, it somewhat makes sense in a way.

Woods: Yeah, let's not go there.
Bartee: See above.
Wesley: Inconsistent at best, and is scared shitless to hit someone.
Knight: Seems to be the consistent one, but is getting old.

RJ
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM

I am soooooo in favor of drafting tackling ability. Tackling ability would have put us in the playoffs last season. Two D players with the first two picks, I am pleased.

mikey23545
04-29-2006, 08:17 PM

The sumbitch can lay some wood on people, can he not?

htismaqe
04-29-2006, 08:21 PM
I was watching at a friend's house when they picked Bernard Pollard. He had the PFW draft preview issue sitting there, so I picked it up and looked him up. Here's a tidbit I found VERY interesting:

"Projects as a possible weak-side LB in the Cover 2"

HC_Chief
04-29-2006, 08:23 PM
I was watching at a friend's house when they picked Bernard Pollard. He had the PFW draft preview issue sitting there, so I picked it up and looked him up. Here's a tidbit I found VERY interesting:

"Projects as a possible weak-side LB in the Cover 2"

Not surprising... he is BIG and he can HIT.

OLB is not an area of need... hope we don't try to convert him. Unless... 3-4? (sorry, had to bring it up)

htismaqe
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Not surprising... he is BIG and he can HIT.

OLB is not an area of need... hope we don't try to convert him. Unless... 3-4? (sorry, had to bring it up)

I really hope we don't try to convert him too. But I just found that interesting...

Amnorix
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I am soooooo in favor of drafting tackling ability. Tackling ability would have put us in the playoffs last season. Two D players with the first two picks, I am pleased.

A poster on a Pats BB has as his sig a quote from Belichick. "Don't give me a defensive player who can't tackle . . . what am I going to do with him?"

And that just sums it all up.

buddha
05-01-2006, 10:49 AM
He wasn't asked to be a cover guy as a rule in Purdue's offense. Tiller wanted him to be near the LOS and just club the living hell out of anybody with the ball. He did that about as well as any safety you can find last year.

What Hali and Pollard will do is hit you. Right now, that sounds pretty damn good to me.

htismaqe
05-01-2006, 10:55 AM
He wasn't asked to be a cover guy as a rule in Purdue's offense. Tiller wanted him to be near the LOS and just club the living hell out of anybody with the ball. He did that about as well as any safety you can find last year.

What Hali and Pollard will do is hit you. Right now, that sounds pretty damn good to me.

No shit. And hopefully they're NOT ok with being 1-3.

Chiefnj
05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Last year the Chiefs showed that a Pro Bowl corner can be made to look below average without a good pass rush. They addressed the need, in part, with Hali. In the secound round if I were going to reach a bit for a player it probably would have been Wroten at DT - first round talent, 4th round brain.

IMO, there was a much bigger need at DT than at SS. I don't see Pollard starting this year, except on special teams.

I have mixed feelings on Croyle. I'm not sure if KC drafted a future Trent Green (smart, tough, gritty player with a good arm) or a Todd Collins (smart, gritty, but not destined to be a starter). Two major knee injuries before taking a single snap as a pro? :(

I like the 5th round pick for the wrong reasons. I figure a DB from Miami can't be that bad.