2bikemike
04-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Let the bitching begin.

Garcia Bronco
04-29-2006, 05:20 PM
great pick...should fill a need.

SCTrojan
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
I hope we can convert him into a cornerback.

2bikemike
04-29-2006, 05:21 PM
SUMMARY
Pollard is a junior who came out early for the 2006 NFL Draft, after having some issues during the 2005 season. He is without question a good athlete with tremendous natural size and strength -- a rare combination. He has the quick feet, acceleration and playing speed to chase down running plays in backside pursuit from sideline to sideline -- he has shown an explosive closing burst to finish plays once he gets close. When he comes up aggressively in run support, stays under control and stays over his feet, he can be a violent and consistent tackler out in space. He is surprisingly effective breaking and closing on passes (both in front of him and outside along the sideline) for such a big safety, and he usually gets there in time to make the hard hit right after the catch. He has shown the athleticism and play speed to be very effective covering tight ends and running backs in man-to-man coverage down the field. Overall, Pollard is going to probably be drafted near where he's rated, he should challenge for a starting job as a rookie, and he will eventually be a good all-around starting safety who can make plays vs. the run and the pass and can be a physical force.

CRITICAL FACTORS
Athletic Ability Coverage Tackling Competes Play Speed Instincts
6.0 6.0 5.5 6.0 6.0 6.0

STRONG POINTS
Pollard is a tremendously well-built safety, who can be a real force against the run when he comes up fast in support -- he can drive into the ball carrier and knock him off his feet. He has the playing speed and closing burst to chase down running plays in pursuit, and has a closing burst to finish plays outside along the sideline. He reads and reacts to the pass well, which helps him to consistently break quickly on passes in front of him and to deep outside passes. His hips and playing speed enable him to do a good job of staying on thetight end's hip in tight man-to-man coverage.

WEAKNESSES
Pollard needs to do a better job of staying under control and playing over his feet, in order to be a more consistent tackler -- too often, he leaves his feet and lunges. He does not always come up aggressively in run support and becomes a catch defender at times. He is a little over-competitive at times, which can lead to him making some bad on-field decisions.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2006, 05:22 PM

This Pollard kid looks like a Steve Atwater type of hitter/tackler

milkman
Eh.
He coulda been had in the third.

BigVE
Here is a bio from SI. STRETCH is the word

BIO: Moved into the starting lineup as a freshman and awarded All-Conference honors ever since. Led the team in tackles last season, posting 92/3/3 after a career-high 96 tackles the prior year.

POSITIVES: Strong, run-defending safety with marginal ball skills. Quick snuffing out the play, flashes on the scene and has a burst of closing speed. Strong, defeats blocks on his way to the action and takes good angles to the play. Flashes cover skills in zone.

NEGATIVES: Not effective in deep center field. Does not have a decisive move to the throw and is slow getting to the spot laterally.

ANALYSIS: Possessing outstanding size/speed numbers, Pollard is a traditional strong safety who may fit in as a weak-side linebacker in certain systems. Should flourish in a scheme that reduces his lateral area assignments.

PROJECTION: Mid Fourth Round

HolmeZz
04-29-2006, 05:23 PM
If Pollard had coverage skills, he'd be a fringe first rounder. Can lay the wood with the best of them though.

banyon
Eh.
He coulda been had in the third.

exactly

DaKCMan AP
Chiefs Select S BERNARD POLLARD in Round 2
Apr 29, 2006, 6:05:12 PM

SAFETY
PURDUE
6-1 224
FT. WAYNE, IN

Pollard is a blue chip prospect with a blue-collar work ethic. It is very rare to see a player of his caliber also toil on special teams, but it is not only a role that he relishes, but takes great pride in his ability. One of the top kick blockers in the collegiate ranks, he has been so effective in run support, that he could also be considered a possible outside linebacker at the next level in a Cover-2 alignment.

Bernard was rated the third-best player in Indiana and No. 36 safety nationally by Rivals.com during his senior year at South Side High School. He was a first-team All-State and Area Player of the Year as a senior after recording 111 tackles with two interceptions and 13 fumbles forced. Pollard was a finalist for Indiana Mr. Football honors and selected to the Big 33 squad. He caught 14 passes for 173 yards (12.4 avg) and two touchdowns. Bernard recorded 103 tackles, four interceptions and two fumble recoveries his junior season. He participated in basketball and track, and was a member of the school’s Honor Roll.

Upon arriving at Purdue, Pollard quickly seized a starting position at strong safety. He earned Freshman All-American honors after ranking fifth on the team with 66 tackles (42 solos). He had 3.5 stops for losses, a fumble recovery and a pass break-up while starting twelve times in 2003. Pollard earned second-team All-Big Ten Conference honors in 2004. He led the team with a career-high 96 tackles (58 solos), including one sack and three stops behind the line of scrimmage. He caused two fumbles, deflected five passes and intercepted another. He also set a school season-record with four blocked kicks.

Bernard led the team in tackles again as a junior. He totaled 92 hits (64 solos) with 1.5 stops for losses and a fumble recovery. He picked off three passes, deflected three others and set a school career-record with his fifth blocked kick.

In 36 games at Purdue, Pollard started 35 times. He produced 254 tackles (164 solos) with a 3- yard sack and eight stops for losses of 26 yards. He caused and recovered a pair of fumbles and deflected nine passes. He gained 19 yards on four interceptions, adding 48 yards on three blocked punts while registering a total of five blocked kicks.

2005 SEASON
All-Big Ten Conference second-team choice by The NFL Draft Report…Started all year at strong safety, leading the team for the season-straight season with 92 tackles (64 solos), including 1.5 stops for losses of 7 yards…Recovered a fumble and blocked a punt…Had three interceptions and three pass deflections.

2004 SEASON
All-Big Ten Conference second-team choice…Started every game, leading the team with a career-high 96 tackles (58 solos)…Added a 3-yard sack, three stops for losses of 11 yards and a school season-record four blocked kicks, returning two blocked punts for a total of 36 yards…Had a 19-yard interception return and deflected five passes…Also caused a pair of fumbles.

2003 SEASON
Named first-team Freshman All-American by College Football News second-team by The Sporting News and honorable mention by Rivals.com…Selected to the Big Ten Conference All- Freshman team by The Sporting News…Appeared in every game, starting the final twelve contests…Finished fifth on the team with 66 tackles (42 solos) and 3.5 stops for losses of 8 yards…Recovered a fumble and deflected one pass.

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended South Side (Ft. Wayne, Ind.) High School, playing football for head coach Mark Bailey…Rated the third-best player in Indiana and No. 36 safety nationally by Rivals.com during his senior year…First-team All-State and Area Player of the Year as a senior after recording 111 tackles with two interceptions and 13 fumbles forced…Finalist for Indiana Mr. Football honors and selected to the Big 33 squad…Caught 14 passes for 173 yards (12.4 avg) and two touchdowns…Recorded 103 tackles, four interceptions and two fumble recoveries his junior season…Participated in basketball and track, and was a member of the school’s Honor Roll

PERSONAL
Sociology major…Born Bernard Karmell Pollard on 12/23/84…Resides in Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/04/29/chiefs_select_s_bernard_pollard_in_round_2/

banyon
04-29-2006, 05:24 PM
youboty was the pick

1punkyQB
Atwater, perhaps, or more likely Larry Atkins, given Carl's drafting history. I guess Marshall wasn't very impressive on his visit.

Tribal Warfare
SUMMARY

WEAKNESSES
Pollard needs to do a better job of staying under control and playing over his feet, in order to be a more consistent tackler -- too often, he leaves his feet and lunges. He does not always come up aggressively in run support and becomes a catch defender at times. He is a little over-competitive at times, which can lead to him making some bad on-field decisions.

1st time I've heard of this spoken as a weakness

2bikemike
Pollard is a junior who came out early for the 2006 NFL Draft, after having some issues during the 2005 season

Anybody know what kind of trouble this guy had?

chiefqueen

It should be duly noted that the most positive comments on our draft picks are coming from fans of our division rival.

HolmeZz
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
According to my friend who is friend with Pollard, Bernie wants to wear #30 and will probably get that wish granted. Take that for what it's worth.

siberian khatru
Pollard is a junior who came out early for the 2006 NFL Draft, after having some issues during the 2005 season

Anybody know what kind of trouble this guy had?

I think he dissed his coach and got benched/suspended.

'Hamas' Jenkins
How do you pass up Youboty. He was f*cking handed to us on a silver platter. Lenny f*cking Walls...I will now light myself on fire.

JBucc
04-29-2006, 05:26 PM
How do you pass up Youboty. He was f*cking handed to us on a silver platter. Lenny f*cking Walls...I will now light myself on fire.Hang on I've got a light....you'll have to buy the gas though

'Hamas' Jenkins
He got suspended for 3 days before the season because he told Joe Tiller to go f*ck himself.

Miles

Great

tk13
I think people saying they KNEW he'd be there in the 3rd is just speculation. You don't know that, this draft has already had a ton of funky turns. Nobody thought Youbouty or a lot of these guys would be even close to available here.

Herm has an excellent record at drafting DB's. I'm willing to see how this works out... it looks like an attempt at a Bob Sanders-type of pick.

DanT
04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
I hope we can convert him into a cornerback.

ROFL

recxjake
other boards are saying hes a 4th rounder!

Count Zarth
This is BS.

We could have had Claude Wroten, Kyle Williams or Gabe Watson. Or Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst. Or Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing.

Another 2nd rounder blown by the Chiefs. Just wonderful.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 05:28 PM
We could have traded down TWICE and got our picks. In the case of Pollard, he would have been there in the third garunteed. Wow.
I suppose he's a beast of a tackler, but all the reports say that he can't cover for sh*t. Besides, we need a free saftey more than a SS.

Carl's 2nd rounds are abortions.

JBucc
Nobody thought Youbouty or a lot of these guys would be even close to available here.Which is a good reason to take him

Coach
I think people saying they KNEW he'd be there in the 3rd is just speculation. You don't know that, this draft has already had a ton of funky turns. Nobody thought Youbouty or a lot of these guys would be even close to available here.

Agreed.

When was the last time the Chiefs actually had a Safety that can kill people? Wesley was inconsistent at best, and Woods... well.. let's not go there.

recxjake
chiefs need to trade the rest of their picks for youboty

HolmeZz
Speaking from everything I've seen, I really think we should give Pollard a chance.

CupidStunt
04-29-2006, 05:29 PM
I like Pollard, he's an underrated prospect, but at the same time, he's not a cover guy - corner or safety. We're really not helping ourselves with IMPACT players here.

banyon
04-29-2006, 05:31 PM

Hey rexy we finally agree! :(

HolmeZz
He's not a bad zone guy, but we couldn't line him up on a tight end like we tried to do with Knight.

AustinChief
This is BS.

We could have had Claude Wroten, Kyle Williams or Gabe Watson. Or Brodie Croyle or Charlie Whitehurst. Or Ko Simpson or Darnell Bing.

Another 2nd rounder blown by the Chiefs. Just wonderful.

Bing is WAY over-rated. You can dislike the pick.. but Pollard is better than Bing (who also has injury problems)

Calcountry
In other news, the Royals are beating the A's 4-0 in the bottom of the first.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
We have a gaping wound bleeding out of the CB position, that Youboty or Richard Marshall would have filled. What makes this pick hurt is that it was a REACH saftey; I mean, Saftey is a definite need, but.... let's just say I'm not surprised.

tk13
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
He's not a bad zone guy, but we couldn't line him up on a tight end like we tried to do with Knight.
I'm not sure how much cover 2 we're going to play, but these first couple picks have lent themselves to it. We've added a 2nd good rushing end and a safety who can sit back, read plays, and kill people.

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Considering the Chiefs could have traded their 2nd rounder for a Pro Bowl-caliber WR, Javon Walker this pick is garbage.

This has been a terrible draft which is part of a terrible offseason.

All free agency the Chiefs have done virtually nothing, with Carl claiming "we are going to focus on the draft, build through the draft". Well does anyone really think these 2 players are going to be the pieces to push the Chiefs over the top, into the playoffs?

Say hello to another 7-9, 8-8 season next year. This is the 2004 offseason all over again. Carl simply never learns.

chiefqueen
04-29-2006, 05:35 PM

I think there's a typo here. The Royals can't beat anybody (although I have not checked the score).

58-4ever
Like I said in the draft thread, I don't hate the pick. Safety was a need for sure. Wesley has become a complete pussy.

Whosurdaddy
I bet you this had something to do with covering antonio gates

BigRock
Why are people expecting a corner this soon? Didn't we just get through 2 or 3 weeks of Herm and CP talking about how good Herm is at evaluating CB talent, and that we might not pick one until the later rounds?

JBucc
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
I bet you this had something to do with covering antonio gatesCoverage is his weak point

Miles
04-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Considering the Chiefs could have traded their 2nd rounder for a Pro Bowl-caliber WR, Javon Walker this pick is garbage.

How so? Denver's pick was a good deal higher.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
Why are people expecting a corner this soon? Didn't we just get through 2 or 3 weeks of Herm and CP talking about how good Herm is at evaluating CB talent, and that we might not pick one until the later rounds?

People don't listen.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 05:37 PM
If there is a positive, its that Pollard is supposedly the best safety against the run in this draft.

chop
04-29-2006, 05:38 PM

Chiefs couldn't have gotten Walker. The Broncos pick was a higher pick than the Chiefs pick.

DaKCMan AP

Please explain how the Chiefs could have done this when we held pick 54 and Walker was traded for pick 37.

Count Zarth

Sweet!

Whosurdaddy
some profiles say he has great skills covering TE's

milkman
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM

It was more like we wouldn't pick one in the first round.

I'm not unhappy about not picking a corner.
I'm unhappy about picking a 3rd, pssibly 4th round guy, in the second.

Herzig
04-29-2006, 05:39 PM
So, do you think he can steal the starting job from Greg Wesley?

Detoxing
04-29-2006, 05:40 PM
OVERVIEW

Pollard is a blue chip prospect with a blue-collar work ethic. It is very rare to see a player of his caliber also toil on special teams, but it is role he takes great pride in. One of the top kick blockers in the collegiate ranks, he has been so effective in run support that he could also be considered a possible outside linebacker at the next level in a Cover-2 alignment....

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/draft/2006/biosdetail.aspx?fname=Bernard&lname=Pollard&pos=FS

tk13
More importantly, teams with good front fours and good safeties are usually better defenses than teams that just have good CB's. I guess that's why it doesn't bother me... with the current contact rules CB's are generally overrated.

banyon
People don't listen.

WE Didn't LISTEN!

http://press.comedycentral.com/images/press/gallery/l/southpark/SouthParkDadsPressImage.jpg

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2006, 05:41 PM
Please explain how the Chiefs could have done this when we held pick 54 and Walker was traded for pick 37.

You combine this pick with a lower round pick, say a 6th rounder and the Chiefs could have gotten Javon Walker.

Frankie
04-29-2006, 05:41 PM
There you go!.. That's it!... We don't have a 4th so we pick him up with our 2nd! :hmmm:

CupidStunt
04-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Unless we steal a guy in round three, this is a track wreck of a first day IMO.

Dunit35
04-29-2006, 05:43 PM
At first I didn't like this pick at all, but after watching his video this guy can flat out hit. He was laying the wood at times. But as others have said he could've been picked in the 3rd.

Mecca
04-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Bing is WAY over-rated. You can dislike the pick.. but Pollard is better than Bing (who also has injury problems)
ROFL :bong:

KCChiefsFan88

Oh wonderful another reach. Then again what does Carl have to worry about, he's been drafting consistently mediocre for the past 18 years, hasn't won a playoff game in over 12 years and still maintains sterling job security. It is not as if one foot in the grave STIFF Lamar Hunt gives a shit about winning.

This draft is a complete disgrace

Frankie
Chiefs couldn't have gotten Walker. The Broncos pick was a higher pick than the Chiefs pick.
How is it the Donks always have extra high picks and we are always short? :hmmm: Does Shanarat have some negatives of Tagliabu in a safe place?

Tribal Warfare
OVERVIEW

Pollard is a blue chip prospect with a blue-collar work ethic. It is very rare to see a player of his caliber also toil on special teams, but it is role he takes great pride in. One of the top kick blockers in the collegiate ranks, he has been so effective in run support that he could also be considered a possible outside linebacker at the next level in a Cover-2 alignment....

http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/insider/draft/2006/biosdetail.aspx?fname=Bernard&lname=Pollard&pos=FS

A possible replacement for Bell

:hmmm:

Logical
04-29-2006, 05:45 PM
The only positive I can see is that we know they won't try to convert him to a CB.

Mecca
It's gonna be pretty hard for him to hit when he's to slow to be where he's suppose to be.....Teams are going back to fast cover safeties, Donte Whitner, Jason Allen.....What do we do? We draft a big slow hitter. The Chiefs are out of touch with what you need to win on defense anymore.

banyon
Oh wonderful another reach. Then again what does Carl have to worry about, he's been drafting consistently mediocre for the past 18 years, hasn't won a playoff game in over 12 years and still maintains sterling job security. It is not as if one foot in the grave STIFF Lamar Hunt gives a shit about winning.

This draft is a complete disgrace

you got it. :thumb: rep

doomy3
Herm talking on NFL Network about Pollard

Whosurdaddy
04-29-2006, 05:46 PM
I think this guy could end up being pretty good...
http://www.k-inc.com/~gfphoto/p_purdue/p_fb_mi/m-04-ft-070.jpg
I like the idea of a physical presence in the secondary...If you go over the middle...you die

Mecca
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
This draft is depressing me........

Munson
04-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm not happy about picking Pollard. I've never even heard of the guy. I guess Carl loves picking guys in the 2nd that no one has ever heard of. He seams like a bit of a reach. But, with Herm being a defensive guy, I'm not completely pissed off. I would rather have chosen one of these guys:

Richard Marshall - CB
Ashton Youboty - CB
Darnell Bing - S
Ko Simpson - S
Eric Winston - OT
Claude Wroten - DT

I doubt any of these guys will be around in the 3rd round.

KChiefs1
04-29-2006, 05:49 PM
I can't complain about Hali or Pollard as players...my beef is that both guys could have been had later on instead of where they were drafted.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Richard Marshall - CB
Ashton Youboty - CB
Darnell Bing - S
Ko Simpson - S
Eric Winston - OT
Claude Wroten - DT

Gabe Watson too

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
God this f*cking blows a monkey's nutsack

KChiefs1
I'm not happy about picking Pollard. I've never even heard of the guy. I guess Carl loves picking guys in the 2nd that no one has ever heard of. He seams like a bit of a reach. But, with Herm being a defensive guy, I'm not completely pissed off. I would rather have chosen one of these guys:

Richard Marshall - CB
Ashton Youboty - CB
Darnell Bing - S
Ko Simpson - S
Eric Winston - OT
Claude Wroten - DT

I doubt any of these guys will be around in the 3rd round.

wanna bet?:p

DaKCMan AP
You combine this pick with a lower round pick, say a 6th rounder and the Chiefs could have gotten Javon Walker.

Pick #37 - 530pts

Pick #54 - 360pts
Pick #186 (6th round) - 17pts

Still 153pts shy of Denver's offer.

Phobia
04-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Here's the bullets I took out of the press conference.

http://mb14.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=11058.topic

Munson
Gabe Watson too

There is a reason I left him out. We don't need another lazy, unmotivated DT. We've got Ryan Sims to fill that role.

recxjake
I really like both the pics.... they fill needs.... all we need now is a CB and DT

JBucc
Pick #37 - 530pts

Pick #54 - 360pts
Pick #186 (6th round) - 17pts

Still 153pts shy of Denver's offer.We'd probably had to have given them a 2nd or 3rd next year as well as this year's 2nd

wazu
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Another weak pick.

Carl Peterson shouldn't be allowed to draft on day 1. Just grab any fan off the street and hand them an outdated draft magazine as a guide and I would bet that 9 times out of 10 they would do better.

DaKCMan AP
It's gonna be pretty hard for him to hit when he's to slow to be where he's suppose to be.....Teams are going back to fast cover safeties, Donte Whitner, Jason Allen.....What do we do? We draft a big slow hitter. The Chiefs are out of touch with what you need to win on defense anymore.

Right....cause everyone knows that 40-times directly translate into playing speed with pads and all. :rolleyes:

TEX

Ah...but he CAN tackle and that is an accomplishment.

DaKCMan AP
We'd probably had to have given them a 2nd or 3rd next year as well as this year's 2nd

It would have taken this year and next year's 2nd or this year's 2nd and 3rd.

jspchief
04-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Please explain how the Chiefs could have done this when we held pick 54 and Walker was traded for pick 37.Considering GB turned around and traded down from that #37, I don't think it would have been impossible to get a deal done for Walker.

It certainly would have cost us more than just our #2. I guess it's amtter of how agressive you're willing to be to get your man. KC under Peterson has never been aggressive, so I'm not going to start expecting it now.

DTLB58
04-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Pollard is a junior who came out early for the 2006 NFL Draft, after having some issues during the 2005 season. He is without question a good athlete with tremendous natural size and strength -- a rare combination. He has the quick feet, acceleration and playing speed to chase down running plays in backside pursuit from sideline to sideline -- he has shown an explosive closing burst to finish plays once he gets close. When he comes up aggressively in run support, stays under control and stays over his feet, he can be a violent and consistent tackler out in space. He is surprisingly effective breaking and closing on passes (both in front of him and outside along the sideline) for such a big safety, and he usually gets there in time to make the hard hit right after the catch. He has shown the athleticism and play speed to be very effective covering tight ends and running backs in man-to-man coverage down the field. Overall, Pollard is going to probably be drafted near where he's rated, he should challenge for a starting job as a rookie, and he will eventually be a good all-around starting safety who can make plays vs. the run and the pass and can be a physical force.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/418839

jspchief
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
It would have taken this year and next year's 2nd or this year's 2nd and 3rd.Actually, it would have cost us our third and probably our 5th this year. That would be more than what GB got from Atlanta for that #37.

ChiefsCountry
Its not a bad pick, just wrong time IMO. I would have took Youboy or Wright over Pollard. That saying though I think the Chiefs got a decent SS out of the deal.

KCBOSS1
Well, we should be able to pick up a proposed rookie free agent for our 3rd round. After Herm was a rookie free agent right?

jspchief
04-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Its not a bad pick, just wrong time IMO. I would have took Youboy or Wright over Pollard. That saying though I think the Chiefs got a decent SS out of the deal.I agree. It's a typical KC 2nd round reach. They do this every year.

We could have had Youboty, Richard Marshall, Wroten, Croyle, etc. There's was a ton of guys that were better 2nd round prospects IMO.

Tribal Warfare
04-29-2006, 05:59 PM
There is a reason I left him out. We don't need another lazy, unmotivated DT. We've got Ryan Sims to fill that role.

At somtime you got to think about the guy was a beast at the Senior Bowl

Messier
04-29-2006, 06:00 PM
The planet is funny on draft day. People over reacting to the picks. I love the "I've never heard of him so he must be bad" logic, that's my favorite. As for Youboty and Bing or Sampson, I don't know, a lot of teams have taken CBs and S in the second yet not those three. Let's ask the other GMs what's wrong with those guys.

JBucc
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
The planet is funny on draft day. People over reacting to the picks. I love the "I've never heard of him so he must be bad" logic, that's my favorite. As for Youboty and Bing or Sampson, I don't know, a lot of teams have taken CBs and S in the second yet not those three. Let's ask the other GMs what's wrong with those guys.I've never seen you so your opinion doesn't count

RedThat
04-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Not upset by this pick. We needed a safety anyway. It's not like Knight blew me off the charts with his play this year, and Wesley I don't even wanna comment.

Whats wrong with this pick guys? he is a hard hitter, intimidating(not a pussy like Warfield) probably the best tackler in this draft! I'll take that.

F*ck yeah gimme a guy that can line up in the box, and help me in run support. Good in the open field? Big...When have the Chiefs ever had a safety like that?

BTW, it's Herm drafting DB's here, and I don't understand why people are upset?

Ari Chi3fs
04-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Ill be happy when Carl Peterson retires/dies.

tk13
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
I am really surprised at this meltdown. I don't know... it was unexpected but it doesn't seem that insane. Everybody said we needed a safety, we have a coach who has an excellent track record of evaluating DB's, he liked this guy the best, and we took him.

I don't know it just doesn't seem... meltdown worthy I guess. If the guy is a playmaker on defense, we need him. Doesn't matter where he plays. Just because draftexpertnerd.com had him rated a little different, I don't know, I've never put a lot of stock into that. But we go through this every single year. If the rankings were perfect the draft wouldn't be a crapshoot.

Plus, I guess if this was a WR or something I'd feel a little uneasy but Herm has never really coached a bad secondary, or defense. This is his bread and butter.

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
I am really surprised at this meltdown. I don't know... it was unexpected but it doesn't seem that insane. Everybody said we needed a safety, we have a coach who has an excellent track record of evaluating DB's, he liked this guy the best, and we took him.

I don't know it just doesn't seem... meltdown worthy I guess. If the guy is a playmaker on defense, we need him. Doesn't matter where he plays. Just because draftexpertnerd.com had him rated a little different, I don't know, I've never put a lot of stock into that. But we go through this every single year. If the rankings were perfect the draft wouldn't be a crapshoot.

Plus, I guess if this was a WR or something I'd feel a little uneasy Herm has never really coached a bad secondary, or defense.

I guess you could say the same thing about Junior Siavii right??? Point is we could have traded down for BOTH of the picks we drafted.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Everybody said we needed a safety, we have a coach who has an excellent track record of evaluating DB's, he liked this guy the best, and we took him.Yeah.

But I'm still calling him "who?" from now on. Since that was my initial reaction to the pick.

Logical
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM

Plus, I guess if this was a WR or something I'd feel a little uneasy Herm has never really coached a bad secondary, or defense.Every report you read says "Poor Coverage Skill, great tackler" What about that would excite/please any Chiefs fan?

HolmeZz
04-29-2006, 06:08 PM
He's not a great man to man cover guy. He's not bad in zone.

tk13
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I guess you could say the same thing about Junior Siavii right??? Point is we could have traded down for BOTH of the picks we drafted.
I could? I didn't like the Siavii pick that much. Dick Vermeil does not have a good track record of drafting DT's.

HolmeZz
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Every report you read says "Poor Coverage Skill, great tackler" What about that would excite/please any Chiefs fan?

Probably the tackling part.

tk13
04-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Every report you read says "Poor Coverage Skill, great tackler" What about that would excite/please any Chiefs fan?
You could say the same thing about John Lynch. I know he's not popular, for good reason, but as a football player, I really like John Lynch, he could come play for the Chiefs any day of the week. I would LOVE to have a safety like that... and I said that every time he got a fine hitting one of our players...haha.

dirk digler
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM

He hits like a mother****er! And wait..........he actually TACKLES!!

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Have to admit I got a little excited watching him hit on the highlight reel.

But it's Purdue for crissakes. WTF? Nobody good ever comes out of Purdue, especially for the Chiefs.

tk13
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Have to admit I got a little excited watching him hit on the highlight reel.

But it's Purdue for crissakes. WTF? Nobody good ever comes out of Purdue, especially for the Chiefs.
*Cough*Len Dawson*cough*

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 06:14 PM
My tongue is so far into my cheek I'm not sure I'll ever get it out short of surgery.

Still going to call him "who?!" though.

tk13
04-29-2006, 06:15 PM
My toungue is so far into my cheek I'm not sure I'll ever get it out short of surgery.

Still going to call him "who?!" though.
That should drop your value to at least the 5th round.

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Chiefs draft character and not football talent, plain and simple.

jspchief
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I just don't think we needed a thumper at safety. He's like a LB in a safety's body, and we needed a CB in a safety's body.

We've already shown that our CBs struggle without safety help, and neither of our existing safeties can provide that support consistently. So we add another guy with the same negatives? I just don't see the fit.

milkman
04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I just don't think we needed a thumper at safety. He's like a LB in a safety's body, and we needed a CB in a safety's body.

We've already shown that our CBs struggle without safety help, and neither of our existing safeties can provide that support consistently. So we add another guy with the same negatives? I just don't see the fit.

I think Pollard would have been a good 3rd round pick for us.

He's a guy that can actually tackle, and he's a hard hitter.

I would've have been willing to take the chance that he wouldn't make it to #85.

I would've taken Marhall, and then Pollard at #85.

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 06:30 PM
I would have taken Winston, Youboty, or Marshall instead of Pollard.

jspchief
04-29-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Pollard would have been a good 3rd round pick for us.

He's a guy that can actually tackle, and he's a hard hitter.

I would've have been willing to take the chance that he wouldn't make it to #85.

I would've taken Marhall, and then Pollard at #85.Agree with everything you said.

CupidStunt
04-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Mushin Muhammad likes KC's draft and thinks Pollard will be a stud.

milkman
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Mushin Muhammad likes KC's draft and thinks Pollard will be a stud.

That's cool, but he would have been better as a third round stud.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 06:45 PM
I just wish we'd traded up to number 8 so we could get Donte Whitner. Dammit Herm.

RedThat
04-29-2006, 07:00 PM
That's cool, but he would have been better as a third round stud.

What difference does it make?

If the guy is a good player, he is a good player.

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I just saw Pollard get shaken out of his jock strap when they showed Wisc. RB Brian Calhoun's highlight film.

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
What difference does it make?

If the guy is a good player, he is a good player.

The difference is we could have had a better draft. Getting Youboty or Marshall would have been good and then this guy in the 3rd. We reach in the 2nd round more than any other team I know.

milkman
04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
The difference is we could have had a better draft. Getting Youboty or Marshall would have been good and then this guy in the 3rd. We reach in the 2nd round more than any other team I know.

Exactly.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Why would drafting Youboty have been any better? Guy didn't go until 70, so 54 would obviously have been a reach for him.

tommykat
04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Let the bitching begin.

You sure stir up things Mike...:D

Sorry I missed you when you where in town this year. Work is so busy I hardly do anything. Hope to see you next year on your ride~

2bikemike
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
You sure stir up things Mike...:D

Sorry I missed you when you where in town this year. Work is so busy I hardly do anything. Hope to see you next year on your ride~

This place stirs itself up. :)

Yeah I hope to make it to KC after Sturgis if I get the time off. Maybe I'll catch up with you then.

tommykat
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
This place stirs itself up. :)

Yeah I hope to make it to KC after Sturgis if I get the time off. Maybe I'll catch up with you then.

I know "all" bikers love to go to Sturgis! Hope you have a blast.

Dave Lane
04-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Agreed.

When was the last time the Chiefs actually had a Safety that can kill people? Wesley was inconsistent at best, and Woods... well.. let's not go there.

Yeah Woods never made a tackle much less a probowl...

Dave

siberian khatru
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Why would drafting Youboty have been any better? Guy didn't go until 70, so 54 would obviously have been a reach for him.

ROFL :clap:

Coogs
04-29-2006, 07:43 PM

I can not provide a link for this, but I either read or saw on TV a bit where Herm seems to think Alphanso Hodge is going to be a player.

Dave Lane
04-29-2006, 07:44 PM

Pollard is more of a reach he might have made it to the 5th round.

Dave

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
I can not provide a link for this, but I either read or saw on TV a bit where Herm seems to think Alphanso Hodge is going to be a player.
He's got cover skills aplenty as evidenced by his college footage. He was basically shut down half the field in his MAC days, but the knock on him was limited upside and no INTs in college.

milkman
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Yeah Woods never made a tackle much less a probowl...

Dave

Woods might have deserved PBs earlier in his career, but not the year he made it.

He is done.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Pollard is more of a reach he might have made it to the 5th round.How?

We know for a fact that Youwhoserwhatchit didn't go until the 3rd round, so taking him at 54 would have been a reach based on the reality of the draft, as opposed to predraft speculation from people who aren't actually involved in the draft in any meaningful way. He went at 70. End of story. He clearly wasn't a second round calibre player.

You can't say the same of Pollard, because there's no way of knowing where he was on other boards. Hell, on a day where another safety went as early as #8 (now that was head-scratching...), maybe it wasn't a reach at all. Who's to say he wouldn't have gone in the next 10 picks.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
How?

We know for a fact that Youwhoserwhatchit didn't go until the 3rd round, so taking him at 54 would have been a reach based on the reality of the draft, as opposed to predraft speculation from people who aren't actually involved in the draft in any meaningful way. He went at 70. End of story.

You can't say the same of Pollard, because there's no way of knowing where he was on other boards. Hell, on a day where another safety as early as #8 (now that was head-scratching...), maybe it wasn't a reach at all.
Whitner was a surprise, but not that much of a reach. Miami probably would have taken him at 16 over Allen. Whitner's good.

Coach
04-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Woods might have deserved PBs earlier in his career, but not the year he made it.

He is done.

Agreed.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
The comment was less about Whitner and more about the fact that safeties don't often go in the top 10. I don't think anybody anywhere expected to see him go at #8, other than maybe the Bills staff.

Their second pick was even stranger. 3 picks for that tackle?

Too bad there isn't a BillsPlanet, that'd be some fun reading.

Dave Lane
04-29-2006, 08:02 PM

He is done.

Obviously but that wasn't the point Woods was pretty darn good once upon a time.

Dave

beer bacon
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
The comment was less about Whitner and more about the fact that safeties don't often go in the top 10. I don't think anybody anywhere expected to see him go at #8, other than maybe the Bills staff.

Their second pick was even stranger. 3 picks for that tackle?

Too bad there isn't a BillsPlanet, that'd be some fun reading.

There is another board I frequent where the resident Bills fan has been depressed all offseason due to their ineptitude. Today he went from depressed to suicidal. I think he may have even became a fan of the Browns today.

HC_Chief
04-29-2006, 08:05 PM
BIG safety who hits like a frigging truck. I like the pick :)

Only problems I have with the pick are 1) Our #2 pick traditionally fizzles out; 2) Is Knight now our starting FS?

chop
04-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree. It's a typical KC 2nd round reach. They do this every year.

We could have had Youboty, Richard Marshall, Wroten, Croyle, etc. There's was a ton of guys that were better 2nd round prospects IMO.

Pretend they got Croyle in the second and Pollard in the third. That should make you happier. :D

CoMoChief
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
We better trade up and get Gabe Watson or Rod Wright in the 4th round. Those guys could be immediate starters.

htismaqe
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM

EXACTLY.

htismaqe
04-29-2006, 08:51 PM

Perhaps we'll get Ko Simpson tomorrow and replace BOTH Knight AND Wesley in one fell swoop.

milkman
04-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Perhaps we'll get Ko Simpson tomorrow and replace BOTH Knight AND Wesley in one fell swoop.

Hope he drops to the 5th.

the Talking Can
04-29-2006, 09:51 PM

this represents the intelligence of the average chiefs fan...

the Talking Can
04-29-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not happy about picking Pollard. I've never even heard of the guy. .

yeah...you had heard of jared allen before we picked him....you probably had "heard" of Ryan Sims too...genious....

thank god that "hearing" of a guy has no bearing on his actual ability to play football, of which you know exactly squat....

Iowanian
04-29-2006, 09:59 PM
duhr duh duuuuuuuur.

I don't hate the pick. He'll be fine in zone coverage and hits like a friggin train.

Some of you need to get some plastic wrap taped over those sucking wounds before your uterus' explode.

My biggest suprise was that a SS was drafted instead of a FS....I'm guessing thats coming, or an existing player is expected to switch.

Logical
04-29-2006, 10:04 PM
duhr duh duuuuuuuur.

I don't hate the pick. He'll be fine in zone coverage and hits like a friggin train.

Some of you need to get some plastic wrap taped over those sucking wounds before your uterus' explode.

My biggest suprise was that a SS was drafted instead of a FS....I'm guessing thats coming, or an existing player is expected to switch.

I think if you read all the responses you will see almost half are saying basically the same thing. They are unhappy because this guy is known not to be good in coverage.

Coach
04-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Maybe that Pollard is a future SS while the Chiefs may try to find a FS in day 2. :shrug:

Ultra Peanut
04-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Bernard Pollard S 6’2 226 Purdue Jr.
By: Robert Davis

Bernard Pollard has been a tackling machine from his safety spot since his freshman year at Purdue. He was named Freshman All-American after posting 66 tackles and 3.5 for loss. As a sophomore, he was even more active, notching 96 tackles, three for loss, with one sack and one interception. The tackle numbers were again very impressive as a junior this season, where he finished the year with 92, and he even upped his interception total to three for the year.

Pollard’s strength is clearly attacking the line of scrimmage. With his size and strength, he can play like an extra linebacker in the running game. He can weed through traffic and lay a lick on the ball carrier. He breaks down well and space and can tackle in the open field. Pollard also has the pure athleticism to play in coverage and he has improved every year on his cover skills. He is also a standout special teamer.

Pollard did pick off three passes this year, but he has not been a major factor in coverage at Purdue. He use to be non existent in coverage, but is improving, so he may just need more time to develop these skills. He is not slow on the field, but he does not have ideal speed, and that is part of the problem in coverage.

Bernard Pollard has announced his intentions to declare for the 2006 draft, so he is in. While he has been a standout on the field, he will likely be drafted on his potential. He can play right now and contribute in the running game, but he still needs a lot of work in coverage. How well he tests out speed wise may determine exactly where he goes. Do not be surprised to see him crack Day One, but he has intriguing upside no matter where he is drafted. I'm really starting to like this pick. Still a tad strange, but very, very interesting.

beer bacon
04-29-2006, 11:30 PM
Maybe that Pollard is a future SS while the Chiefs may try to find a FS in day 2. :shrug:

I was hoping Danieal Manning would be there when we drafted in round three, but Chicago jumped on him really early in the second.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 11:31 PM
You could say the same thing about John Lynch. I know he's not popular, for good reason, but as a football player, I really like John Lynch, he could come play for the Chiefs any day of the week. I would LOVE to have a safety like that... and I said that every time he got a fine hitting one of our players...haha.
Funny you mention that. The Sporting News scouting report says "NFL comparison: John Lynch"

noa
04-29-2006, 11:44 PM
Our game against Tiki Barber last season forced us to take this guy so we can have at least one player on our team who is good against the run.

Reaper16
04-29-2006, 11:51 PM
I was hoping Danieal Manning would be there when we drafted in round three, but Chicago jumped on him really early in the second.
Oh, me too, big time. I was dissapointed, and didn't see anyone draftign him that high.

beer bacon
04-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Oh, me too, big time. I was dissapointed, and didn't see anyone draftign him that high.

He had been creeping up boards for a while, but my eyes bugged out of my head when Chicago picked him at 42. The highest I had seen him in any mock was something around 70.

beer bacon
04-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Our game against Tiki Barber last season forced us to take this guy so we can have at least one player on our team who is good against the run.

One bad game against one of the best rusher's in the league = we are horrible against the run. We sucked that game against the run that game. We were actually good against the run for quite a few other games. We had more missed tackles on a handful of plays against the Giants then we sometimes had for entire games last season.

Frankie
04-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Ill be happy when Carl Peterson retires/dies.
Kinda pushing the taste envelop here, aren't you Ali?

Moooo
04-30-2006, 12:36 AM
If this guy needs some time to learn coverage, at least he won't be starting this year or anything. He does have Sammy to learn from, who IMO is easily one of the top 5 safeties period when it comes to knowing where to be when and how.

Moooo

kregger
04-30-2006, 01:23 AM
I see him as the Bennie Thompson guy on ST. This guy will knock the shit out of someone each and every week.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
One bad game against one of the best rusher's in the league = we are horrible against the run. We sucked that game against the run that game. We were actually good against the run for quite a few other games. We had more missed tackles on a handful of plays against the Giants then we sometimes had for entire games last season.

No, we struggled in several of the late games stopping the run. Forget the total yardage, look at the yards per carry.

Once again, our run defense looked better than it really was because teams didn't try to run the ball - our pass defense was atrocious.

Coogs
04-30-2006, 09:04 AM
I was watching a piece on TV awhile back. I think it was Tony Dunge (99.9% sure that is who it was). He was talking about the cover two. His biggest thing that made an impression on me was how simple the defense was. What you see is what you get. We just excecute it at a very high level.

I really think we need a big dose of simple on our defense. Gun had three huge playbooks for the defenders to learn from when he came back two years ago. And our defense stinks.

I like the fact that all of the comments on the defense are comming straight from Herm. No... well Gun thought we needed this guy stuff.

I like the fact that when we picked this guy, Kiper was saying he was a reach, and Jackson came back with "CAN HE TACKLE"?, and Kiper said yes. Jackson gave a nod. Cut to Berman, and he makes a comment about Hali, and Jackson came back with... "CAN HE TACKLE"?, and Boomer said yes. Jackson gave a nod.

On the surface, it appears that Herm is going to have a bigger role in the defense than Gun. I like that a lot.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Perhaps we'll get Ko Simpson tomorrow and replace BOTH Knight AND Wesley in one fell swoop.IMO, Pollard and Simpson are the same type of safety. It would be redundant to take Simpson at this point.

If we're looking at another safety, Pat Watkins (FSU) is the guy we should get. He's an ideal Cover 2 FS prospect.

milkman
04-30-2006, 09:25 AM
IMO, Pollard and Simpson are the same type of safety. It would be redundant to take Simpson at this point.

If we're looking at another safety, Pat Watkins (FSU) is the guy we should get. He's an ideal Cover 2 FS prospect.

I think Simpson's speed could make him a pretty good chioce to line up at FS alongside Pallard at SS.

Watkins would be a nice selection as well.

I'd be happy with either.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 09:27 AM
I'd be happy with either.So would I.

But we're going to have to move into teh 4th to get either IMO.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 09:29 AM
IMO, Pollard and Simpson are the same type of safety. It would be redundant to take Simpson at this point.

Watkins would be the ideal pick. I just mentioned Simpson because he's probably the highest-ranked left available.

milkman
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
So would I.

But we're going to have to move into teh 4th to get either IMO.

You're probably right.

Damnit Carl! :cuss:

milkman
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Well there went Simpson.

Mi_chief_fan
04-30-2006, 09:43 AM
I just saw Pollard get shaken out of his jock strap when they showed Wisc. RB Brian Calhoun's highlight film.

In fairness, Brian Calhoun did that to just about every LB/DB he faced in the Big 10. He'll push Kevin Jones out of the starting job in Detroit by the end of the year.

Whosurdaddy
04-30-2006, 09:45 AM
In fairness, Brian Calhoun did that to just about every LB/DB he faced in the Big 10. He'll push Kevin Jones out of the starting job in Detroit by the end of the year.
you confident about that? I wouldn't be...

noa
04-30-2006, 09:45 AM

When a spot in the playoffs is on the line and we can't tackle, then yes, I would say we were horrible against the run. We stopped Ladanian Tomlinson and some other decent running backs, but your true colors show when the playoffs are on the line and we clearly didn't have the will to tackle. That's why Carl wanted to bring in a guy who will be eager to hit a running back, like when Pollard body slammed that MN running back.

Swanman
04-30-2006, 09:46 AM

Considering that Joe Tiller is a douche, I wouldn't read too far into that. He also benched Kyle Orton during his senior year, and I've never seen him painted as a low character guy.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 09:49 AM
August 16, 2005
DB suspended 3 days for talking smack

Everybody in the Big 10 knows that Purdue safety Bernard Pollard is a big hitter. He also has somewhat of a reputation for being a smack-talker. This time it's come back to bite him.

Pollard, a junior, was suspended from Purdue football practice for three days when he refused to tone it down during workouts this week, despite being warned by Boilermakers coach Joe Tiller.

"When they blow the whistle, you get lined up and get back in the huddle," Tiller said. "He won't let (the trash-talking) go and that was carrying it too far."

Several members of the Purdue coaching staff urged Pollard -- who couldn't be reached for comment -- to settle down during a scrimmage, telling him such actions during a game would earn a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

An incensed Tiller later told him to leave the field. Some of Pollard's teammates pleaded with him to settle down, but he kept looking over his shoulder as he left and exchanged words with Tiller, who followed him off the field.

As Pollard kept talking, Tiller kept adding days to his suspension.

"I intentionally followed him because I wanted to find out at what point he would get to the realization this was real," Tiller said.

I wish someone had video of this. I can just see Pollard storming off with Tiller in tow adding suspension days. I've seen it plenty of times at the grocery store or mall, with mothers shepherding their kids out to the car for a spanking.

It should be noted that Pollard was heard to say that he wanted a release from his Purdue scholarship. The coaches are saying that was just in frustration, and I can totally understand that, but you have to wonder what ripple effects might come from this incident. ROFL

Mi_chief_fan
04-30-2006, 09:51 AM
you confident about that? I wouldn't be...
Of course I am. Calhoun is faster and has better vision than Jones, which is important when you have the worst offensive line in the NFL blocking for you.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 09:56 AM
we took pollard with these guys still on the board

richard marshall CB
dustry dvorchek DT
darryl Tapp DE
ashton youboty CB
eric winston OT
claude wroten DT
Gabe Watson DT

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Yep, Joe Tiller thinks he's king shit. He's the smarmiest **** in the Big 10.

Mi_chief_fan
04-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Yep, Joe Tiller thinks he's king shit. He's the smarmiest **** in the Big 10.

I don't know about you, but he's the only Big 10 coach I despise more than Lloyd Carr. It used to be Gary Barnett.

How do Iowanians feel?

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't know about you, but he's the only Big 10 coach I despise more than Lloyd Carr. It used to be Gary Barnett.

How do Iowanians feel?

I think I just told you. There's no coach in the Big 10 I despise more than Tiller.

Mi_chief_fan
04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Barnett was worse though.

evolve27
09-21-2008, 09:35 AM
How many fumbles, injuries, and come from behind tackles will he cause today? I can't believe he caught up to McFadden from behind ROFL. Turner owners beware of the St. Bernard!

banyon
09-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Everyone in this thread wanted Youboty, Carl was wrong again.

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Pollard has turned out to be a solid pick IMO

banyon
09-21-2008, 10:03 AM

"Borderline Servicable Starter/Special Teams Standout" is not what you want out of a mid 2nd round pick.

JuicesFlowing
09-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Bernard Pollard Fan Club ... right here. Seems like he's the one defender making plays each week.

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:06 AM
"Borderline Servicable Starter/Special Teams Standout" is not what you want out of a mid 2nd round pick.

IMO he has played very well this year. People were calling for Youboty, meh, he has 1 career INT woohoo.

Some wanted Croyle, Bing...lets say we took Croyle in the 2nd and Pollard in the 3rd...what's the difference?

I like Pollard. I think he's a fine 2nd round pick.

whatsmynameagain
09-21-2008, 10:08 AM

I definately agree with that. We have two awesome safeties in Pollard and Page. If the corners Flowers, and Carr turnout average to better than average we have a great secondary imo. Its a group that could play together for years. Besides Colquit I feel that is the only shining spot on the Chiefs.

LiL stumppy
09-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Pollard has been a good player for us. I think him,Page,Flowers and hopefully Carr could pan out to be a very solid and young secondary in the future.

banyon
09-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I like Flowers and Page more than Pollard. I hope Pollard continues to improve though.

Mr. Laz
09-21-2008, 10:18 AM
We have two awesome safeties in Pollard and Page.
keep drinking that kool-aid

so far they have barely been starter worthy

Short Leash Hootie
09-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Page is amazing for a 7th round pick...but he misses a lot of tackles. But his ball skills are spectacular. They should be, he is a great center fielder, too =)