PDA

View Full Version : Hey, anybody seen that new, really funny Coors commercial?

wazu
04-29-2006, 07:13 PM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA. Let's hope they show it again.

Skip Towne
04-29-2006, 07:28 PM
Is there any T & A in it?

wazu
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
No, but that doesn't matter because it's just so damn funny. I'm talking Diet-Pepsi-Machine-Playing-For-The-Patriots funny.

TinyEvel
04-29-2006, 07:43 PM
That spot is a wanna-be Bud Light ad.

you talking about the one where two guys at a wedding have a Coors Light Cooler Box and they just need some ice to put in it, to chill it down?

Hmmm. Where will they get that ice they need?

Maybe from the ICE SCULPTURE they show you in the commercial FOUR TIMES.
They give the joke away WAY TOO SOON.
You KNOW what they're gonna do.
It would have been funnier (i.e. more of a surprise) if they showed the guys run off camera to get something, then show the ice sculpture without the head, then show the head in the box. Could have been a good ad. THey ruined it.

I guess I'm biased, because I wrote a Coors Light ad, about three years ago, it was called "Mighty Wingman" with a guy babysitting the anchor while his bro rocked it out with the hot girl. I beliee you can watch it here:
http://www.dailyfoo.com/?i=1332
It was a huge hit, and we wrote a dozen more songs, just as funny. But Coors never made any more. They just kept doing T&A twins spots, and ice cold trains showing up places.
Oh well. There's a Carl in every organization.

Frazod
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Is it funny enough to make the viewer forget that Coors Light SUCKS?

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Is it funny enough to make the viewer forget that Coors Light SUCKS?Rhetorical question, right?

Frazod
04-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Rhetorical question, right?

Pretty much.

Beer is like lawyers. The more they advertise, the worse they are.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 07:51 PM
I dunno. Guinness does a good bit of advertising and I have that stuff on a steady-drip IV.

Frazod
04-29-2006, 07:54 PM
I dunno. Guinness does a good bit of advertising and I have that stuff on a steady-drip IV.

Good beers do advertise somewhat (Guinness, Sam Adams). But for every Guinness commercial there are 20 Budweiser commercials.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of Sam Adams ads lately.

JBucc
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Those oozing of gayness love train commercials negate anything funny Coors might have.

Frazod
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of Sam Adams ads lately.

That's good stuff. Unfortunately, drinking beer makes me totally want a friggin cigarette, and I've been quit way too long to start up again now.

I guess I'll stick with scotch.

keg in kc
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
The worst spots are the Bacardi Rum and Coke spots shot pseudo 70's style.

Frazod
04-29-2006, 08:09 PM
The worst spots are the Bacardi Rum and Coke spots shot pseudo 70's style.

Hmm. I've seen it but didn't really pay attention. With TiVo, I don't see all that many commercials anymore.

wazu
04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
you talking about the one where two guys at a wedding have a Coors Light Cooler Box and they just need some ice to put in it, to chill it down?

Actually, I was thinking of the one where the guy talks about how beautiful a beer can is from the outside, but is more beautiful on the inside, and his girlfriend thinks she is talking about him and then she runs off crying when she...

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Sorry, I couldn't finish typing it all because of the hilarity.