PDA

View Full Version : Did Herm tip his hand?

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 01:33 AM
Anyone notice how he got coy at the press conference on Pollard? Petro brought up corners & the cover 2 scheme, then Petro mentioned possible trades. Herm said, "...there's alot of things that can happen before the draft is over..." He smiled and then cut off the conversation. He looked like the cat that ate the canary. There's been no shortage of Ty Law debate, but for the first time, I've got a feeling that Law might have a really good chance of landing in KC. If so, King Carl may have played one his best hands. All the CB's that went high in the draft hurt Law's marketability. The demand has gone down. Less competition and Herm's prior relationship with Law puts KC in a good place as far as negotiations go. I know he has his detractors here, but a Surtain/Law/Knight/Pollard or Wesley combination sounds damn good to me.

RedDread
04-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Interesting theory. :thumb:

beer bacon
04-30-2006, 01:40 AM
I think Herm was just snorting pixie sticks before the conference.

Rausch
04-30-2006, 01:41 AM
It would explain them avoiding the obvious options at CB today-...

If you see some goofy bastard turning down the prom queen there's something going on.

Or, yer' just completely ****ing retarded...

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Moooo
04-30-2006, 01:56 AM
It makes sense... He got him once, he would try to get him again...

And it would definitely explain how they passed up Ashton, when they were raving about him, and at one point contemplating getting him with their first pick.

Moooo

Jim Jones
04-30-2006, 02:00 AM
then Petro mentioned possible trades. Herm said, "...there's alot of things that can happen before the draft is over..."

It's typical coach speak. No coach ever gives a straight answer to a question like that, they dance around it.

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:02 AM
It would explain them avoiding the obvious options at CB today-...

If you see some goofy bastard turning down the prom queen there's something going on.

Or, yer' just completely ****ing retarded...

Or maybe the goofy bastard's recent ex-girlfriend got busted for her 3rd DUI and he's just tired of dealing with insane CB's....er biatches.

HolmeZz
04-30-2006, 02:02 AM
I definitely noticed Herm smiling when he was talking about possible trades or a FA signing. Signing Law would make a lot of sense out of avoiding a corner.

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Or maybe the goofy bastard's recent ex-girlfriend got busted for her 3rd DUI and he's just tired of dealing with insane CB's....er biatches.

So quit looking for insane bitches and you'll quit finding them...

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2006, 02:07 AM
so you're trying to tell me that we didn't draft Ashton because we're going to sign Law?

So assume we sign Ty Law, he's good for what? One year? You're telling me we couldn't have groomed a corner for the future learning from two of the best?

I don't mind the pick, I thought we had a need at safety, but I don't think this NECESSARILY means we're going to sign Law.

Moooo
04-30-2006, 02:08 AM
Boy, that would be nice... then our Chief concern would be a new WR, which we've proven for a few years now we can do without.

Moooo

Wilson8
04-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Who are the 12 cornerbacks that Hern said we have on our roster? At Pollard's draft conference, he said we have 12. If you include D. Washington, that is 11. Is he counting Bartee as 12 or do they already have a planned trade or someone signed?

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Law is the only signing that makes all of this make sense.

Seems reasonable.

Achems Razor feels different, he seems to think we picked these players because we honestly believed the were the best men to take at that moment.

*shudder*

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:24 AM
So quit looking for insane bitches and you'll quit finding them...

The problem is that you don't know that she's insane until she's got your ring on her finger or she misses the first four games of the season because of a penchant for drinking and driving. And here you've know her all this time and she's suddenly Warfield. Now you've got your own personal 'crying game.' Do you become a priest or let hope win out over experience? I'LL TEL YOU WHAT YOU DO! YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME, MY LITTLE GERMAN FRIEND!

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:26 AM
The problem is that you don't know that she's insane until she's got your ring on her finger or

Bullshit.

You found what you wanted to and ignored the rest.

Every Dale Carter isn't going to wait to implode until after he leaves KC...

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Boy, that would be nice... then our Chief concern would be a new WR, which we've proven for a few years now we can do without.

Moooo

Haven't you heard the good news? They're converting Bartee to WR! :)

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:36 AM
Haven't you heard the good news? They're converting Bartee to WR! :)

I'll be happy when they convert him to cut...

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:37 AM
Bullshit.

You found what you wanted to and ignored the rest.

Every Dale Carter isn't going to wait to implode until after he leaves KC...

The funniest joke in the world is thinking that you should have known that your trusted player of seven years will screw the entire team over and miss the first quarter of the season, leaving you between a rock and a hard place. BTW, bad analogy. Carter imploded here and in college. (Unless, of course, gunplay in Westport is okay.) Carter was a high risk / high reward gamble. Warfield was an unexpected, late term abortion.

Rausch
04-30-2006, 02:41 AM
The funniest joke in the world is thinking that you should have known that your trusted player of seven years will screw the entire team over and miss the first quarter of the season, leaving you between a rock and a hard place. BTW, bad analogy.

His personal problems never crossed over until right before Denber. He went full-on Whitney Houston his last season in KC. He didn't even attempt to hide it...

Carter was a high risk / high reward gamble. Warfield was an unexpected, late term abortion.

Warfield has been ****ed up on pain killers and booze since he's been here.

If he won't wake up, you should...

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:52 AM
[QUOTE=Rausch]His personal problems never crossed over until right before Denber. He went full-on Whitney Houston his last season in KC. He didn't even attempt to hide it...QUOTE]

I thought he went full-on Bobby Brown.

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Warfield has been ****ed up on pain killers and booze since he's been here.

Really? What kind of painkillers? Is he a scotch or bourbon man?

Rausch
04-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Really? What kind of painkillers? Is he a scotch or bourbon man?

I'm sure there's a pharmacist or bartender in the NE area that can answer those questions very shortly...

T-post Tom
04-30-2006, 03:02 AM
I'm sure there's a pharmacist or bartender in the NE area that can answer those questions very shortly...

I'm sure. Sorry, thought you had the skinny.

Dave Lane
04-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Who are the 12 cornerbacks that Hern said we have on our roster? At Pollard's draft conference, he said we have 12. If you include D. Washington, that is 11. Is he counting Bartee as 12 or do they already have a planned trade or someone signed?

Doesn't matter if its 11 or 12 how many can make a difference in a game?

Dave

Tactical Funky
04-30-2006, 04:54 AM
I sure hope your suspicions prove correct, Tom.

Law + Surtain = *drools all over keyboard*

DenverChief
04-30-2006, 05:29 AM
CB's

Battle, Julian
Bragg, Michael
Garrett, Kevin
Helms, Gabriel
Hodge, Alphonso
Johnson, Chris
Perkins, Justin
Sapp, Benny
Surtain, Patrick
Walls, Lenny
Washington, Dewayne

Safeties/CB's

Bartee, William
Connot, Scott
Knight, Sammy
Pollard, Bernard
Wesley, Greg
Woods, Jerome

greg63
04-30-2006, 05:41 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Agreed; I don't believe it 'cause I simply don't see it happening.

...But, Iíve been wrong before.

milkman
04-30-2006, 07:17 AM
The Chiefs won't sign Law.

Regardless of how you might think his value dropped because of the draft, he is still going to want to get paid, and Lamar ain't spending the jack this year.

greg63
04-30-2006, 07:44 AM

Regardless of how you might think his value dropped because of the draft, he is still going to want to get paid, and Lamar ain't spending the jack this year.

...Yup, as evidenced by the lack of FA movement.

Chan93lx50
04-30-2006, 09:39 AM

F*cking gas prices!

T-post Tom
05-02-2006, 10:07 PM
bump. My powers of perception are dazzling. Well, ok, the magic 8 ball was right. Maybe. :)

Ari Chi3fs
05-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Three cheers for T-post Tom... err... Two cheers for T-post Tom...

*crickets

Sorry bro, I tried to generate some Cheers.