PDA

View Full Version : Cornerback

ccsells
04-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Is Charles Gordon a horrible pick in the 4th round?

noob

Bwana
04-30-2006, 10:08 AM
We don't (as of now) have a 4th round pick.

ccsells
04-30-2006, 10:11 AM
Damn that sucks.

Bwana
04-30-2006, 10:16 AM
This is what we are looking at regarding draft placement.

Kansas City Rd / Sel#
1 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1) 20
2 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round2) 54
3 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round3) 85
5 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round5) 154
6 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round6) 186
6 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round6) 190
7 (http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round7) 228

jspchief
04-30-2006, 10:21 AM
I'll admit I haven't seen Gordon play much (It's not like KU football games make TV very often).

I do know that he's pretty slow, and he's small too. If we're drafting midgets, I'd prefer they be fast midgets.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 10:42 AM
we needed a Strong Safety too much to select a cornerback

jspchief
04-30-2006, 10:44 AM
we needed a Strong Safety too much to select a cornerbackI agree.

We already have a young 3rd round CB and a young 5th round CB on our roster. Meanwhile our average age at safety is about 48 years old.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I agree.

We already have a young 3rd round CB and a young 5th round CB on our roster. Meanwhile our average age at safety is about 48 years old.

I'm guessing Laz was being sarcastic.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm guessing Laz was being sarcastic.I know he was, but he's and idiot.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I know he was, but he's and idiot.
and you're a dickhead ... but i usually don't go around just saying it.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:03 AM
and you're a dickhead ... but i usually don't go around just saying it.Don't get your vulva all dog-knotted.

I gave reasons why I thought safety was more of a need than CB. Pollard wasn't an ideal pick, but I can certainly see the justification of safety over CB.

milkman
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Let me ask this.

Is there a chance that Hermie, with his unmatched knowledge of secondary talent might consider returning Battle to his natural position of safety, and drafting a corner?

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Let me ask this.

Is there a chance that Hermie, with his unmatched knowledge of secondary talent might consider returning Battle to his natural position of safety, and drafting a corner?IMO, there are no CBs left in this draft that would be better than Battle at CB.

My guess is Walls Hodge, and Battle will compete for that #2 CB spot. If Battle doesn't win it, then I could see him getting a look at FS.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Let me ask this.

Is there a chance that Hermie, with his unmatched knowledge of secondary talent might consider returning Battle to his natural position of safety, and drafting a corner?

but if he moves Battle to free safety don't we just start running into a serious numbers issue at cornerback?

Surtain
Sapp
Hodge
Johnson (don't know who he is)
Justice (CB in NFLE)

about the only cornerbacks we have left if Battle goes to free safety

milkman
04-30-2006, 11:13 AM
IMO, there are no CBs left in this draft that would be better than Battle at CB.

My guess is Walls Hodge, and Battle will compete for that #2 CB spot. If Battle doesn't win it, then I could see him getting a look at FS.

You don't think that Zemeitis would be better, if he fell?

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
You don't think that Zemeitis would be better, if he fell?

we pretty much have to take a cornerback with our next pick don't we?

just to get enough warm bodies on the roster

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:15 AM
You don't think that Zemeitis would be better, if he fell?As a rookie? No. Not even remotely close. maybe somewhere down the line.

We aren't going to start a 5th round rookie at CB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2006, 11:16 AM
but if he moves Battle to free safety don't we just start running into a serious numbers issue at cornerback?

Surtain
Sapp
Hodge
Johnson (don't know who he is)
Justice (CB in NFLE)

about the only cornerbacks we have left if Battle goes to free safety

Walls. I'd like to buy the hype about hodge, but I've seen him do nothing.

Surtain--Hodge---Walls---Sapp---Knight---Battle with Pollard backing up Knight and Wesley cut and Woods still there b/c of his cap $$

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
we pretty much have to take a cornerback with our next pick don't we?

just to get enough warm bodies on the rosterYou left Walls off your list. We also have Bartee (gag).

I don't think it's a matter of have to, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

So many CBs have already gone off the board, I don't think there's going to be anyone of impact anyway. Any CB we take at this stage will go the route Hodge went last year.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:20 AM
You don't think that Zemeitis would be better, if he fell?No longer an issue.

That was our Herm Edwards pick (sort of).

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 11:24 AM
You left Walls off your list. We also have Bartee (gag).

I don't think it's a matter of have to, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

So many CBs have already gone off the board, I don't think there's going to be anyone of impact anyway. Any CB we take at this stage will go the route Hodge went last year.

Exactly.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 11:47 AM
So many CBs have already gone off the board, I don't think there's going to be anyone of impact anywayExactly.

and how did we let that happen?

Bwana
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM

We didn't draft one in the 1st 2nd or 3rd round? :shrug:

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 11:49 AM

by not listening to you?

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:51 AM
and how did we let that happen?By taking other players and trading draft picks for head coaches.

There were CBs that deserved consideration when we took both Pollard and Croyle. Pollard we may regret, Croyle I don't think we will.

We already have two young CBs on this team that have NFL experience (even if it's just preseason). Chances are, short of a 1st round pick, no rookie would have come in and been a starter anyway. Rookie CBs rarely are.

It's spilt milk. I'm not sure we should start taking bad CBs now just because we passed on good CBs earlier.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
By taking other players and trading draft picks for head coaches.

There were CBs that deserved consideration when we took both Pollard and Croyle. Pollard we may regret, Croyle I don't think we will.

We already have two young CBs on this team that have NFL experience (even if it's just preseason). Chances are, short of a 1st round pick, no rookie would have come in and been a starter anyway. Rookie CBs rarely are.

It's spilt milk. I'm not sure we should start taking bad CBs now just because we passed on good CBs earlier.

Yep.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 11:52 AM
IMO, there are no CBs left in this draft that would be better than Battle at CB.Okay, that's a stretch.

But then, I'm extremely low on Battle. Always have been.

Hodge and Sapp, on the other hand, still hold some promise.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 11:53 AM
It's spilt milk.

true ... throughout all the head coaches one thing remains the same

spilt milk

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:55 AM
true ... throughout all the head coaches one thing remains the same

spilt milk... on every single team in the history of the NFL.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Okay, that's a stretch.

But then, I'm extremely low on Battle. Always have been.

Hodge and Sapp, on the other hand, still hold some promise.This year? I don't think it's a stretch at all.

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 11:57 AM
... on every single team in the history of the NFL.

and yet unlike every single team in history ... we have won a playoff game in 12 freakin years.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 11:59 AM
This year? I don't think it's a stretch at all.I missed that part, and you're probably right. First round CBs don't make an instant impact very often, much less fifth round CBs.