PDA

View Full Version : What has been the worst pick of this draft

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2006, 01:33 PM
By any team. Whitner comes to mind as the biggest panic reach. In fact both of the Bills 1st rounders were awful value picks. I think Houston should have traded down and taken Tha Brick, but that's me. VY pick is going to be comically bad, IMO. The Kiwi pick was pretty bad too.

Demonpenz
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
hali for sure. Wasn't even on my draft board in the first round.

CosmicPal
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I agree with Buffalo- they got two players in the first they could've taken in the second. But, the fact they traded up to get McCargo in the first round? Has Levy gone senile?

Mecca
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Actually Buffalo's draft has turned out to be pretty decent. They got good value in Youboty and Simpson, McCargo is all about your view some people had him as the number 3 DT.

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
hali for sure. Wasn't even on my draft board in the first round.
lol @ having a draft board

banyon
04-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Dallas, Booby Carpenter at #18.http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/phpbb/images/smiles/01-wingedeagle.gif

keg in kc
04-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Worst pick based on the "gurus" would be McCargo.

Five years from now it might look like genious.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm going to pre-emptively say Vick, even if he ends up as Mr. Irrelevant.

Sully
04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
I picked some frozen tamales for lunch yesterday, because they were easy to fix, and I would have limited time. I wanted to be away from the draft for a very small amount of time.
It was a horrible pick. They were bad and my stomach made me pay for it throughout the rest of the day.

Dunit35
04-30-2006, 01:45 PM
The Whitner pick. He is going to be way overpaid now. But he could turn out to be an amazing player.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Dallas, Booby Carpenter at #18.http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/phpbb/images/smiles/01-wingedeagle.gif

I called it! :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2006, 01:56 PM

As the years go by, Parcells becomes more and more of a dumbass; as if being a world-class prick wasn't enough. I can't wait for T.O. to just drop napalm on their chemistry.

You know Parcells drafted him just because he knew his dad. What a f*cking moron.

banyon
04-30-2006, 01:56 PM

Yeah, my Tamba Hali thread would've been much nastier if that pick had been 2 later. :p

NaptownChief
04-30-2006, 03:36 PM
I would agree on McCargo especially since they traded up to get him at that point. Seemed pretty foolish.

I think Joseph Addai by the Colts might be up there. He will probably be pretty solid but they are looking for a every down back and this guy has never even rushed for a 1000 yards at the college level. When DeAngalo Williams was just a few picks away from them they should have traded up the few spots needed and got that done. I'm not saying Addai sucks but I do think he is a bit unproven and a bit of a risk when it wouldn't have taken much to get a high caliber proven guy like Williams. In the Colts system with their passing game opening up big running holes Addai will probably post some pretty good numbers but that won't convince me that Williams wouldn't have been a smarter move.