PDA

View Full Version : Carl Peterson interviewed on Sirius

ZootedGranny
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
He was on with Gil Brandt talking about a few picks.

Tamba Hali:

Gil Brandt loves him. Carl said they were looking for a specific person, and Hali fit their needs. They had a lot of insight into his skills and character through Larry Johnson Sr. Everyone thought he was versataile and can play both inside and outside. He mentioned that Hali's relenteless play and intensity is probably tied into his childhood.

Hali has talked to his mother, and she has doesn't yet understand his situation. He plans to earn his citizenship very soon and bring his family over soon after.

Croyle:

Brandt LOVES him and thinks he has a tremendous arm. He was with Mike Shula and they both agreed that leadership "oozes" out of him.

Carl said down in Mobile he saw Croyle get better every day, and was impressed. While scouting him, they took into consideration his lack of supporting cast. Carl mentioned that they had to start looking towards the future for a replacement for Trent, and Croyle can come in, pick up the offense quickly and then just be an understudy.

Jeff Webb:

Brandt had a ranked list of day 2 picks, and had Webb 10th overall on that list. He really likes him.

Carl mentioned the need for a big WR, and they were shocked he fell to where he did after running a 4.4. Charlie Joiner had worked Webb out and interviewed him, so when it came time for the pick, he vouched for the kid.

The rest of the interview was front office handjob talk.

Halfcan
04-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Front office handjob talk-too funny

Halfcan
04-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Wow, so called draft experts love our picks. We might have turned the corner folks. If they are happy I am happy.

jspchief
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Wow, so called draft experts love our picks. We might have turned the corner folks. If they are happy I am happy.Gil Brandt is pretty much the grandfather of modern NFL scouting.

"So called" expert. ROFL

Your and so called idiot.

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Jeff Webb is a FREAK.

I am already falling in love with him.

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
I want to change my name to CroyleToWebb

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
If Gil Brandt loves our draft, we did something right.

banyon
04-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Why didn't Gil Brandt say anything about Pollard? :hmmm:

jspchief
04-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Why didn't Gil Brandt say anything about Pollard? :hmmm:Because he hates the pick. :rolleyes:

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 02:49 PM

Doesn't matter what he says, you'd bitch about it.

banyon
04-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Doesn't matter what he says, you'd bitch about it.

yup. :harumph:

:p

Sure-Oz
04-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Scot Pollard is a solid bench player!

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
2 54 Bernard Pollard SS Purdue
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He is a safety from Purdue who played very well as a junior, then had some problems with the coaching staff his senior year and received less playing time. He's a big guy who can play in the box and make tackles.

3 85 Brodie Croyle QB Alabama
Gil Brandt's Analysis
All-time leader in passing yards in Alabama schoolboy history. He played with his high school team in eighth grade (he needed special waivers). He is thin, and has battled a lot of injuries, but had a good 2005 season.

5 154 Marcus Maxey CB Miami (Fla.)
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He can run and has good height. He's another guy who has to learn how to play cornerback. He doesn't seem to have real good ball skills (not many interceptions).

6 186 Tre' Stallings G Mississippi State
Gil Brandt's Analysis
A compact player at 6-3 and 315 pounds. He is a good pass protector.

190 Jeff Webb WR San Diego State
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He has been his team's best receiver for the past two seasons. He catches and runs well for his position.

Webb and Maxey were on his list of ~75 "best remaining players" heading into day two.

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:00 PM
2 54 Bernard Pollard SS Purdue
Gil Brandt's Analysis
He is a safety from Purdue who played very well as a junior, then had some problems with the coaching staff his senior year and received less playing time. He's a big guy who can play in the box and make tackles.

not exactly a ringing endorsement, no wonder he left that out of the interview.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 03:04 PM
not exactly a ringing endorsement, no wonder he left that out of the interview.Yes. Reading between the lines, it's clear Brandt thinks he would have been a terrible pick even in the seventh round.

The Bad Guy
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
not exactly a ringing endorsement, no wonder he left that out of the interview.

Speaking of Maxie's, did you change yours yet today to stop your bleeding?

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Speaking of Maxie's, did you change yours yet today to stop your bleeding?

ohhhh, SNAP. you sure got my number.

Iowanian
04-30-2006, 03:31 PM

My Gawd you're being a total douchebag about this draft.

You and Mecca are going to look like dipshits in a year or so when these quotes are Titus'd against you.

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:35 PM
My Gawd you're being a total douchebag about this draft.

You and Mecca are going to look like dipshits in a year or so when these quotes are Titus'd against you.

This is my sad way of having fun. :)

But if I'm wrong about all this s***, then I will deserve to reap the whirlwind.

Iowanian
04-30-2006, 03:36 PM
You surely will...

Demonpenz
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
i would have taken a flyer on pollard in the 7th round thats about it

Otter
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Brandt LOVES him and thinks he has a tremendous arm. He was with Mike Shula and they both agreed that leadership "oozes" out of him.

Brodie!!!

Cochise
04-30-2006, 03:39 PM
If Gil Brandt loves our draft, we did something right.
:clap:

Alphaman
04-30-2006, 03:50 PM

Given our INABILITY to tackle the past 5 years, you have to love a draft pick nicknamed "BONECRUSHER"!!

Thig Lyfe
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I love the Webb pick. Sick stats, and did you see those highlights? Damn, ese!