PDA

View Full Version : Rodrique Wright, DT-Texas... What in the heck happened to this guy?

jAZ
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/rodriquewright.htm

Overview:
Just like when he was entering college, Wright will be the top DT prospect available. He should definitely be a top-10 pick. His size, speed, and strength make him a constant threat to get into the backfield. And he has proven he can play very well against top offensive linemen.

It will more then likely take him a couple of years to adjust to the speed of the NFL game. But he will quickly learn that he can't over-pursue plays and still have positive results like he did on occasion in college. With the right coaching and a better work ethic, he could be one of the better DTs in the game.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9385866

If an ankle injury didn't stop Wright from becoming a second-team All-American as a junior, then nothing should be able to stop him from being one of the top defensive tackles taken at the 2006 NFL Draft. After a first-team All-America performance as a senior, it shows Wright's consistency as player, despite changing defensive systems at Texas.

"I feel like I'm one of the most, if not the most, consistent DTs in this draft, Wright said. "A good player on the way to being a great player takes consistency. A lot of people are saying that my last two years didn't live up to my first two years, but there's not too many DTs that can say their first two years were great. To me, I look at it like I had three consistent, typical, healthy Rodrique Wright years.

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. He must've been shooting up during the Wonderlic.

Count Alex's Losses
04-30-2006, 04:04 PM
Sucked ass in the Senior Bowl.

JBucc
04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
He's lazy and doesn't care maybe?

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 04:05 PM
He showed NO heart or desire in the Rose Bowl. None.

Coach
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM
He must had pissed on someone's wife during the combine in order to drop this far.

Count Alex's Losses
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Miami just drafted him.

Dunit35
04-30-2006, 04:09 PM
We missed out on a 7th round guy that could definately be something.

jAZ
04-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I held off on posting this question until KC was on the clock for the final time (trying to avoid the 'jinx' factor. Sucks that he was gone 2 picks early. I take it we didn't want to trade up for him in the *7th*.

I guess we had him completely off our board for some reason.

NaptownChief
04-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Wondering the same thing about Dee Webb who just went to Jax....Some thought he was a 2nd or 3rd round talent. Makes you wonder who the two players who failed their drug test at the combine doesn't it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2006, 05:04 PM
One of the guys who failed the drug test was wroten.

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Sucked ass in the Senior Bowl.

there must have been photos