PDA

View Full Version : Jarrad Page, 7th round safety and newest KC Chief!

Douche Baggins
04-30-2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/page_jarrad

SUMMARY

Page is a good athlete who not only is a good college football player, but was also drafted by Major League Baseball after his junior season. (He decided during the summer before the 2005 season to pursue a professional football career for now.) He has measureables that are hard to find, but he does not consistently play up to his ability. He is not a consistently aggressive player and tends to wait for teammates to make tackles vs. the run. When he stays focused and under control, he can break down and tackle well in space and can make hard/physical tackles. The trouble is that more often than not, he stops his feet before contact, ends up lunging and misses more tackles than a safety should. He has the athleticism to get outside from 2-deep coverage to make tackles right after the catch, but he does not show the closing burst to get there in time to make a play on the ball. He does have the playing speed and athleticism to cover tight ends in man-to-man coverage and has the hands to make the tough interception. Overall, Page is a talented enough athlete to play in the NFL, but he needs to greatly improve his consistency to play up to his ability. Page's inconsistent play may hurt him in the draft, but he could definitely sign as a free agent because of his natural athleticism, smarts and competitiveness.

STRONG POINTS

Page is a good athlete with the quick feet and athleticism to make plays from sideline to sideline. He has shown an ability to come up quickly in run support and make physical tackles when he keeps his feet under himself. He reads the quarterback well in coverage and can break and close quickly on the ball and can make hard hits right after the catch. He has the athleticism and speed to stay with tight ends in coverage and can cut underneath them to make good interceptions with his good hands.

WEAKNESSES

Page is a very inconsistent player that does not play up to his ability consistently. He tends to stop his feet and lunge on tackles, which leads to him missing too many tackles. While he has shown a willingness to come up quickly in run support at times, most of the time he sits back and waits for the play to come to him. He has good playing speed, but he lacks an explosive closing burst to consistently catch ball carriers on outside runs.

Douche Baggins
04-30-2006, 03:07 PM
6-0, 220, 4.59

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/8260/uclajarradpagesm6uo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Spicy McHaggis
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Another SS? Herm is aware that Wesley needs a kick in the ass too, right?

BigVE
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=7647&PT=7&PR=2&type=scoutingreport

Pros: Page is a hard-hitting safety who is ideally suited for the in-the-box role, where he uses his linebacker size and quickness to be a tough-tackler at the line of scrimmage. He displays fine ball instincts, in both run support and pass coverage. He is a good forward-attacker that would be best-suited at the next level as the eighth man in the box. He has excellent size and fine hustle, as well as being fairly athletic for a big safety. He has good instincts and is quick to close on a play. He has adequate range in coverage and good skills to play the ball in flight when he reads the route properly.
Cons: He must improve his ability to change directions. He lacks top speed and is a long strider who must gather to cut and has only adequate speed. He is not smooth changing directions and his ability to match up in three wideout sets is questionable. He is excellent when the play is in front of him, but lacks confidence when he goes one-on-one in the passing game and needs refinement in his reads and footwork to match up in coverage.
Numbers: At the Combine, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds and did not lift. He also had a 107 broad jump and 38" vertical jump.
Skinny: He is similar to the Idrees Bashir in size, instincts and athleticism, in addition to his level of development and versatility to play both safety positions. He is a quality athlete with the talent to make it, but probably waits to the late second day. He is a marginal top-200 prospect with a make it grade.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Meh...SS or FS, doesn't really matter. He won't make the team.

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
this guy is a 20% shot to make the scout team at best

Tribal Warfare
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
the part of article that's popping out for me and others on the D-side is they can physically tackle the oppositions ball-carrier

KCChiefsFan88
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/page_jarrad

SUMMARY

Page is a good athlete who not only is a good college football player, but was also drafted by Major League Baseball after his junior season. (He decided during the summer before the 2005 season to pursue a professional football career for now.)

If things don't work out with the Chiefs maybe he could help the Royals

Chan93lx50
04-30-2006, 03:12 PM
I dont think Herm was too big on our Safety play last year huh?

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:13 PM
the part of article that's popping out for me and others on the D-side is they can physically tackle the oppositions ball-carrier

Physical BRUINS D
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2005-12/20792408.jpg

http://images.ewoss.com/MSimages/TXLM10212302016.jpg

Spicy McHaggis

Might as well have taken a corner then and let that position shake itself out. I'd have prefered Anwar Phillips or Charles Gordon.

htismaqe
I think they took him just so they could get the token guy from UCLA.

Herzig
GBN has him ranked #9 overall at the SS position..

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006sss.html

Douche Baggins
04-30-2006, 03:14 PM
I think they took him just so they could get the token guy from UCLA.

Carl must have had a gun to Herm's head.

"SHUT THE **** UP AND DRAFT SOMEONE FROM UCLA!"

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/jarrad_page.html

Jarrad Page S 6'2 220 UCLA
By: Robert Davis

Page has been a two sport standout for the Bruins. Along with his football success, he has played for the Bruin baseball team, and has twice been drafted by major league ball clubs. Page was drafted by the Brewers in the 5th round out of high school, and by the Rockies last year in the 32nd round. He moved into the starting lineup early as a freshman and has not given the job up since then. He earned freshman All American honors in 2002 after bringing down 43 tackles and picking off two passes. As a sophomore he earned honorable mention All Pac 10 after posting 55 tackles and three interceptions on the year. Page had a career high 79 tackles to go with three more interceptions during his junior season. After turning down the Rockies to continue his NFL dreams, he finished the season with 72 tackles, seven for loss, with one pick.

Page is one of the best athletes and one of the most physically gifted safeties in this class. He has excellent size, is a very good athlete, and has good closing speed. His size and aggressiveness allows him to be a factor in the running game. He is active coming forward and shows the speed to close on the ball carrier in the open field. His speed and athleticism allow him to cover receivers down the field.

Instead of spending the spring practicing with his teammates, he's been doubling as a baseball player. That's hurt his development as a safety. He still has some trouble acknowledging plays quickly enough, and gets beaten because of it. With his size and athleticism he should be an awesome cover safety. He bites too often and ends up letting receivers get behind him.

With his untapped potential, he could be a riser come draft day. His lack of development can be attributed to him not being a full time football player, and teams will take note of that. Page has the talent to be a difference maker at strong safety, he just may need some time to develop his football skills. Page is the type of guy teams love to go after on Day Two and develop.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/19205.html

BIO: Four-year starter and previous All-Conference selection who posted 66 tackles and broke up five passes as a senior. Junior totals included 79/3/7.

POSITIVES: Aggressive, hard-hitting defender who is best facing the action. Physical, works to get involved and out-muscles opponents defending the pass. Fast on the blitz, displays a good amount of explosion and quick closing to the play.

NEGATIVES: Wastes a lot of motion, not efficient and possesses marginal ball skills. Slow locating the pass and gets caught out of position in coverage.

ANALYSIS: Coming off a poor senior campaign, Page previously presented himself as possible starting material in the NFL. Has the physical skills to make it but must reestablish himself this summer.

PROJECTION: Mid Seventh Round

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=299

* This is a player in the defensive backfield at the strong safety position who brings it
* I like this players consistency in the tackling department, once he makes contact squarely with his opponent they go down, a sure tackler that looks for contact, he can change the game by his intimidating hitting ability alone
* He can be an intimidating force back there, who can have opposing players looking around where the collision may come from, and if he accomplishes an intimidation out on the field that is half the battle
* He is a better than average athlete as well, with good size and strength, very aggressive and intense player, that flows very well to the ball, his athletic ability shows when he drops back for punt return and something he is very effective at also
* After further evaluation of this players action on the field, he does not show the same fire he did last year in the 2004 season with his intimidating hitting and pursuit to the ball, he now seems to duck his head down right before the hit, not seeing what he hits like before
* He is still a solid hitter, but he has given me cause for concern, because most of his game is based on intimidation and his aggressive play to the ball

jspchief
04-30-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd have prefered Anwar Phillips or Charles Gordon.You like that style of CB eh?

He may not be big, but he sure runs slow.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Also, this is a nice little story on his dad (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/26/SPGLLGDD2I1.DTL).

QuikSsurfer
04-30-2006, 03:57 PM
:stupid:

banyon
04-30-2006, 03:59 PM
somebody with more street cred than me needs to post a "grade the Draft" poll.

bringbackmarty
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't know, I think we will be seeing at least two safeties released come june 1. Bartee, and either Knight, wesley, or woods.

Spicy McHaggis
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM
You like that style of CB eh?

He may not be big, but he sure runs slow.

Ass. ROFL

But seriously I've watched him the last two years and I've rarely been disappointed. He's depth and I think he could be good in the nickle role and even as a returner in a pinch. And it's a seventh rounder.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Should have taken Charles Gordon. Better, Dave Tollefson. Green Bay was smart enough to take him.

jspchief
I don't know, I think we will be seeing at least two safeties released come june 1. Bartee, and either Knight, wesley, or woods.I think you're on to something with this Woods released thing.

Spicy McHaggis
somebody with more street cred than me needs to post a "grade the Draft" poll.

I did it yesterday even though my street cred is only slightly above that of Vanilla Ice.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Should have taken Charles Gordon. Better, Dave Tollefson. Green Bay was smart enough to take him.

ROFL

Dave Tollefson, DE, from Northwest Missouri State was drafted in the 7th by Green Bay. He would have been better than the UCLA saftey Page

ROFL ROFL

Right. A UCLA safety who faced some of the toughest competition in the nation for 4 years versus some Division II guy from NWMS.

Draft weekend seem to drag some people's IQ down about 50 points.

Your And Idiot

Watch both players, then get back with me.

FYI - Page playd in the Las Vegas All-American Classic, while Tollefson, a D1 transfer from Indiana, played in the Hula Bowl. Both were candidates to get drafted.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Really? I'm an idiot to think that a 4 year starter at UCLA who faced USC, Oregon and all of the other high powered offenses in the Pac 10 is a better player and more prepared for the NFL than some kid who played in DIVISION II football? Not NCAA Division I-A but DIVISION II?

I think you've proved to everyone who's the idiot in this case.

Oh, please. No one can get offended by a misspelling. It's planet lexicon.

Anyway, its the 7th round? Who cares about more prepared at that point?

I believe Tollefson the better player. He's going to make the Green Bay roster and contribute on special teams as a rookie, maybe used on 3rd down rush situations later in the season. Book it.

While Page might not even make our roster.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

KurtCobain
09-23-2007, 02:10 AM
this guy is a 20% shot to make the scout team at best

LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 03:13 AM
hahhaah

THE MAQ
didn't remember to edit this post

haha

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Man, this guy will never amount to anything.

Silock
09-23-2007, 03:59 AM
In all fairness, though, the weaknesses mentioned in the very first post are still there. Trouble with missed tackles.

Anyong Bluth
09-23-2007, 05:39 AM
In all fairness, a bunch of posters shit Herm out for his pick, and in all fairness they look like complete douches only worthy of being able to post semi-anonymously on the internet.

And since it may be perceived that I'm throwing stones while residing in a glass house myself, I will say that I think Herm has helped form a positive futre for us. I will also go on recored saying that I may not like a lot of the decisions, but so be it:

1. Start Croyle. If I have to explain the reasons behind this, you're at the wrong sight- Cosmoplanet is is not spelled C-h-i-e-f-s, in any variation.

2. Drafting Medlock over Crosby. I know they said they he had a higher %, but the reality is that i f either losing schools will

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2007, 05:44 AM
2. Drafting Medlock over Crosby. I know they said they he had a higher %, but the reality is that i f either losing schools will**** YOU CARL! YOU'RE SO BIASED TOWARDS UCLA PLAYERS THAT YOU MANDATE THAT WE MUST DRAFT THEM AND THEN IMMEDIATELY CUT THEM!!!!!!

the Talking Can
09-23-2007, 05:55 AM
fighting about 7th round picks is my favorite part of draft day...

Short Leash Hootie
09-23-2007, 07:51 AM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MAQ

banyon
09-23-2007, 10:19 AM
LMAO

got me there. 7th rounder finally panned out a bit. But if you wanted to embarass me, you should've bumped my Tamba Hali thread.

Reaper16
09-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Was I wrong about Page? Absolutely. I don't think I can say anymore.

If this thread were bumped to say "Look, Reaper is a dumbshit, lawlz," then it would have been funny. It was bumped, though, by Dane as part of his I'm-always-right-because-I-live-next-to-celebrities schtick, which makes it annoying.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Was I wrong about Page? Absolutely. I don't think I can say anymore.

If this thread were bumped to say "Look, Reaper is a dumbshit, lawlz," then it would have been funny. It was bumped, though, by Dane as part of his I'm-always-right-because-I-live-next-to-celebrities schtick, which makes it annoying.

Ha. ROFL Your and idiot.

I bumped it because it was relevant to the Chiefs roster and not for any other reason.

Other than it was funny.

banyon
09-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Ha. ROFL Your and idiot.

I bumped it because it was relevant to the Chiefs roster and not for any other reason.

Other than it was funny.

:hmmm: Why did you quote him several times in your post then?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2007, 11:08 AM
:hmmm: Why did you quote him several times in your post then?

You got me.

I quoted him because I live near celebrities.

:shake:

Phobia
09-23-2007, 11:22 AM
You got me.

I quoted him because I live near celebrities.

:shake:

I knew it.