PDA

View Full Version : 49ers draft local kid

Fire Me Boy!
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/walker_delanie

In the sixth, 49ers pick up Delanie Walker. As sports editor of the Warrensburg paper for a while, I got to watch this kid all last season. Good pick, will be good on ST. He's exciting -- on any play, the kid could do one of two things: take it to the house or put it on the ground.

He's a project, but could be a great draft pick. I like it. And it's exciting to see a kid like him get drafted.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 06:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/walker_delanie

He's exciting -- on any play, the kid could do one of two things: take it to the house or put it on the ground.
As a NW Bearcat and avid D-II guy, that statement is sooo true. He;s got size and measurables, but drops a lot of passes.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Dave Tollefson, DE, from Northwest Missouri State was drafted in the 7th by Green Bay. He would have been better than the UCLA saftey Page

Fire Me Boy!
04-30-2006, 06:25 PM
As a NW Bearcat and avid D-II guy, that statement is sooo true. He;s got size and measurables, but drops a lot of passes.
Aside from questionable focus on his hands, he fumbled quite a bit last year. One game I think he fumbled three times before Coach Fritz pulled him from KO returns that game.

Demonpenz
04-30-2006, 06:26 PM
hell i would take a flyer on lambertson

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 06:27 PM
hell i would take a flyer on lambertson
Lambo's the s***. He's slated to be the Bearcats QB coach next season, but in recent developments he's being really coveted by numerous CFL teams.

Demonpenz
04-30-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah i hate HATE HATE northwest. The guys obvouisly has huge onions and he is always professional to everyone.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 06:36 PM
yeah i hate HATE HATE northwest. The guys obvouisly has huge onions and he is always professional to everyone.
WHy do you hate Northwest? You root for another MIAA team?

Demonpenz
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
i was student athlete graduated from Western in 04

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 06:45 PM
If nearly all of Western's O-Line hadn't graduated this year, I'd be scared of the Griffs for next season. As it is, Pitt, NW, Central, and especially Washburn look to be better. I'm worried about Washburn - returning conference champs, and they didn't lose anybody.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Dave Tollefson, DE, from Northwest Missouri State was drafted in the 7th by Green Bay. He would have been better than the UCLA saftey Page

Right. A UCLA safety who faced some of the toughest competition in the nation for 4 years versus some Division II guy from NWMS.

Draft weekend seem to drag some people's IQ down about 50 points.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Right. A UCLA safety who faced some of the toughest competition in the nation for 4 years versus some Division II guy from NWMS.

Draft weekend seem to drag some people's IQ down about 50 points.
Your And Idiot

Watch both players, then get back with me.

FYI - Page playd in the Las Vegas All-American Classic, while Tollefson, a D1 transfer from Indiana, played in the Hula Bowl. Both were candidates to get drafted.

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Your And Idiot

Watch both players, then get back with me.

FYI - Page playd in the Las Vegas All-American Classic, while Tollefson, a D1 transfer from Indiana, played in the Hula Bowl. Both were candidates to get drafted.

Really? I'm an idiot to think that a 4 year starter at UCLA who faced USC, Oregon and all of the other high powered offenses in the Pac 10 is a better player and more prepared for the NFL than some kid who played in DIVISION II football? Not NCAA Division I-A but DIVISION II?

I think you've proved to everyone who's the idiot in this case.

Reaper16
04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Really? I'm an idiot to think that a 4 year starter at UCLA who faced USC, Oregon and all of the other high powered offenses in the Pac 10 is a better player and more prepared for the NFL than some kid who played in DIVISION II football? Not NCAA Division I-A but DIVISION II?

I think you've proved to everyone who's the idiot in this case.
Oh, please. No one can get offended by a misspelling. It's planet lexicon.

Anyway, its the 7th round? Who cares about more prepared at that point?

Sure, I'm a homer in this instance, but I've watched both players before. (A lot of Tollefson, granted.) Let's face it, with you living in CA and me attending Northwest, we're both partial here. But I really doubt you've seen Tollefson play more than one game. If you had, I'm positive you'd think the way I think about this.

I believe Tollefson the better player. He's going to make the Green Bay roster and contribute on special teams as a rookie, maybe used on 3rd down rush situations later in the season. Book it.

While Page might not even make our roster.

beavis
04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Then you have good reason to hate NW. :p

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2006, 12:33 AM

Sure, I'm a homer in this instance, but I've watched both players before. (A lot of Tollefson, granted.) Let's face it, with you living in CA and me attending Northwest, we're both partial here. But I really doubt you've seen Tollefson play more than one game. If you had, I'm positive you'd think the way I think about this.

I believe Tollefson the better player. He's going to make the Green Bay roster and contribute on special teams as a rookie, maybe used on 3rd down rush situations later in the season. Book it.

My reaction has nothing to do with 'Planet Lexicon. It has to do with the fact that the NWMS kid played in DIVISION II football - Not Division I or IAA - DIVISION II. He wasn't drafted and hasn't played against anywhere the talent that Page faced for 4 years. Not even close.

I'm glad to hear that you're willing to throw away a 7th round pick on the scrap heap before he's ever stepped on the field, but I for one, am not. The Chiefs, as well as several other teams have had great production from 7th rounders and I expect this kid to compete for a roster spot.

Demonpenz
05-01-2006, 01:04 AM
My reaction has nothing to do with 'Planet Lexicon. It has to do with the fact that the NWMS kid played in DIVISION II football - Not Division I or IAA - DIVISION II. He wasn't drafted and hasn't played against anywhere the talent that Page faced for 4 years. Not even close.

I'm glad to hear that you're willing to throw away a 7th round pick on the scrap heap before he's ever stepped on the field, but I for one, am not. The Chiefs, as well as several other teams have had great production from 7th rounders and I expect this kid to compete for a roster spot.

dude you don't know wtf your talking about. The D-1 schools would love to have some of the seniors on a pitt state or a Northwest. Those schools have D-1 talent on their teams because they know they will be the bees knees when they go there.

Fire Me Boy!
05-01-2006, 07:31 AM
HI JACK!

That's ridiculous. 17 posts, 3... THREE... that have to do with the thread subject.

Reaper16
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
HI JACK!

That's ridiculous. 17 posts, 3... THREE... that have to do with the thread subject.
**** CMSU :)

Reaper16
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM

To clear it up, I infered you were offended at the "Your And Idiot" comment. I don't think you are an idiot, rather I was using a common turn of phrase around here.

FYI - Tollefson was drafted! In the same round as Page, by the Green Bay Packers. He was invited to a better post-season bowl game than Page. I've seen a whole lot of the dude, and I'm positve he can play in the NFL. Me thinks you should read the posts that you quote before you regurgitate the same things you've already said again.

DaneMcCloud
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
To clear it up, I infered you were offended at the "Your And Idiot" comment. I don't think you are an idiot, rather I was using a common turn of phrase around here.

FYI - Tollefson was drafted! In the same round as Page, by the Green Bay Packers. He was invited to a better post-season bowl game than Page. I've seen a whole lot of the dude, and I'm positve he can play in the NFL. Me thinks you should read the posts that you quote before you regurgitate the same things you've already said again.

Noted. FWIW, I hope that BOTH kids are successful. (Sorry for the threadjack).

Reaper16
05-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Noted. FWIW, I hope that BOTH kids are successful. (Sorry for the threadjack).
:toast: That would be the best turn of events.

Reaper16
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Local Undrafted FA's:
Dallas signs Steve Williams, DT, Northwest Missouri State

Jacksonville signs Brandon Twito, TE, Pittsburg State

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Delaine Walker from CMSU, the 49er's 6th round pick, is being converted to fullback.

http://www.d2football.com/board/index.php?showtopic=368

Reaper16
05-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Dave Tollefson in uniform @ Packers mini-camp:

http://images.packers.com/pg/2006-05-06/photo15.jpg

phisherman
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM

well, it looks like tollefson didn't make the active roster...

your prediction was incorrect, at least so far, he's on the practice squad

Phobia
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Reaper16 should be consulted on all things music.

Football should be left to people who are not Reaper16.

phisherman
09-28-2006, 10:56 AM
remember, unless the player played for NW Missouri state

beavis
09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
I noticed Jamaica Rector is returning kicks for the Cowboys.

What little I saw of him, he looked really overmatched.

Reaper16
09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I knew my "Tollefson > Page" comments would get brought up at some point. :D :doh!:
Meh, Page looks a hell of a lot better than he did in college. Maybe its the talent surrounding him. I can't say I'm dissapointed with that turn of events. Heh.

txtumbleweed
09-28-2006, 06:54 PM
D-Love is going to be great. You will see him playing H Back this Sunday. He may also return kicks. The kid is fast and a very good runner for his size. He is a similar player as Vernon Davis but both need to improve their catching ability!

6-0 in the Superbowl is our goal!