PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys think Chiefs will go after Law?

RedThat
04-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I think they should.

It makes sense. We didn't really address the CB situation in this draft. In all honesty, Maxey looks like a good prospect, but I still think he needs time to develop and so does Walls. With that being said, do you think the Chiefs will want to add another guy in here like Law just to add more veteran leadership back there in our secondary. What better is it for a DB to learn behind Surtain, Law, and Knight?

What I would do is make him a decent offer. Nobody out there is going after him, so really you have no competition. Nobody out there is willing to pay him what he demands, BIG $$$....So realistically, the Chiefs can make him a decent offer, and, he may have to compromise a little...and say, "you know what? This is decent money...nobody out there is willing to give me what I want, i realize I have to compromise a little if I want to play, and the Chiefs made me the best available offer"..."I see they have a great offense, and their rebuilding their defense, they drafted 2 young DB prospects there, and good veteran leadership in Patrick Surtain, and Sammy Knight. Herm is also a great guy, who knows DB play inside and out, and he's one of those guys I love to play for".

*I strongly belieive there is a chance he can be a Chief. It's a good situation for him and our team. We have the money and room for his services. We should do it. Sign him.

tk13
04-30-2006, 09:45 PM
No complaints from me. Making an offer wouldn't hurt.

That said, I'm not nearly as concerned about the CB situation as many here are. I don't know, it's important, but I think it's the least important position on this team to fix at the moment. But that depends, I don't think we're going to a straight cover 2 but I don't think we're going to play a style of defense that's real high risk for our CB's. We'll see.

Count Alex's Losses
04-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Q: How do you feel about your cornerback spot?

EDWARDS: I believe weve got nine or ten guys and drafted one. Weve got a starter who we know is a good football player and there are still a lot of things that can happen. I always say this: the team you see practicing today and next week in mini-camp wont be the some team that lines up in September. For me, the process never ends and a lot of things can happen between now and September. Who the final 53 guys are I dont know.

milkman
04-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Personally, I'll be glad when he signs somewhere, so we can have a Lawless forum again.

Deberg_1990
04-30-2006, 09:50 PM

That said, I'm not nearly as concerned about the CB situation as many here are. I don't know, it's important, but I think it's the least important position on this team to fix at the moment. But that depends, I don't think we're going to a straight cover 2 but I don't think we're going to play a style of defense that's real high risk for our CB's. We'll see.

Well said....exactly how i feel.

Dunit35
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Two Law Threads in one day...awesome.

It wouldn't hurt to bring him in. But I would rather keep the dollars and re-sign people that deserve new contracts. Just think if Mitchell, Allen and LJ have good years again.

alanm
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
RB's right. They really didn't do anything about CB in the draft. Maybe their waiting for some people to become unemployed. We got enough safetys on board for the year though!! :thumb: PBJ

RedThat
04-30-2006, 09:53 PM

I don't think the Chiefs are strictly gonna run a cover 2 defense. No team really does. Of course there will be times where will mix it up and challenge receivers with bump n run/press man-to man coverages. At times we may blitz, knowing Gunther I don't rule that out as a possiblity. It all depends on who we face, the style of offense, etc.....How the game plan is going to be structured. This is where having a Ty Law will fit in nicely. It makes our defensive game planning more flexible.

Ralphy Boy
04-30-2006, 09:55 PM
The whole time Kiper was bitching about our lack of addressing the CB situation, I was thinking that we might be looking at Law. I cannot imagine a better duo of corners. Then again, I thought the same thing last year about Rolle, McAlister, Sanders & Carter. I don't know that there will ever be as talented and experienced a backfield to play in this league. How many Pro-Bowls/Superbowls between them? 7/10?

tk13
04-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I don't think the Chiefs are strictly gonna run a cover 2 defense. No team really does. Of course there will be times where will mix it up and challenge receivers with bump n run/press man-to man coverages. At times we may blitz, knowing Gunther I don't rule that out as a possiblity. It all depends on who we face, the style of offense, etc.....How the game plan is going to be structured. This is where having a Ty Law will fit in nicely. It makes our defensive game planning more flexible.
I agree. Law would give us a ton of flexibility. We could play a lot more press coverage. I'm sure we'll mix it up. I was basing my comments on the fact that all of these DB's we drafted seemed to be "keep the play in front of you" type of guys... with good tackling skills, not great man/man coverage players.

ILChief
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
The whole time Kiper was bitching about our lack of addressing the CB situation, I was thinking that we might be looking at Law. I cannot imagine a better duo of corners. Then again, I thought the same thing last year about Rolle, McAlister, Sanders & Carter. I don't know that there will ever be as talented and experienced a backfield to play in this league. How many Pro-Bowls/Superbowls between them? 7/10?

true, but Sanders and Carter were washed up

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Seriously, if we get Law... I bet Nzoner would like to have his season tickets back.

Count Alex's Losses
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
All we would need with Ty Law is better play from the defensive tackles. If we got that...whoa!

RedThat
04-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Interesting found this. Here's what Carl said about Law:

"We've never excluded the possibility of Ty Law," said Peterson. "We brought him in last year and looked at him. Certainly, our head coach knows a lot about him. We'll go ahead and look at all opportunities to improve our football team. And again, there is something called the (salary) cap and cash that has to make sense, too."

Logical
04-30-2006, 10:04 PM
No

tk13
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Just goes to show how much more important it is to be good up front. You could say the same thing with Minnesota. They were loaded back there. Winfield, Brian Williams, Smoot at CB, Chavous and Darren Sharper at safety. Still didn't really get them anywhere. Meanwhile teams like the Pats and Steelers win with comparitive nobodies at corner.

Count Alex's Losses
04-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Meanwhile teams like the Pats and Steelers win with comparitive nobodies at corner.

Yep. Makes me think we'll see Battle or Hodge as the starter. I'm confident Herm knows what he's doing when it comes to defensive backs.

Coogs
04-30-2006, 10:08 PM
One of the local TV stations (Fox4 or NBC41) said on the 5:00 PM Sports report that Law was due in this week for a visit. Possibly as early as Tuesday.

greg63
04-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Do you guys think Chiefs will go after Law?

Nope!

That is all.

BucEyedPea
04-30-2006, 10:21 PM
I hope the Chief's don't go after Law...he's still talking to the Patriots last I heard as well.

Skip Towne
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope the Chief's don't go after Law...he's still talking to the Patriots last I heard as well.
Hey, sweetie, how you doin'?

BucEyedPea
04-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh why thank you for askin' peanut but'r...I'm more or less just hangin' in there actually.

milkman
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Just goes to show how much more important it is to be good up front. You could say the same thing with Minnesota. They were loaded back there. Winfield, Brian Williams, Smoot at CB, Chavous and Darren Sharper at safety. Still didn't really get them anywhere. Meanwhile teams like the Pats and Steelers win with comparitive nobodies at corner.

I don't know.
This kind of sounds familiar.

Oh...I know....I've been saying this for, I don't know, 4 years now.

Baconeater
04-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Get a room.

mississippichiefan
04-30-2006, 10:33 PM
I would love to have law , maybe we will get him. I trust herm with this more than I would have Dick . If Herm thinks we need help we will get it . Go Chiefs !!!!

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 10:51 PM

front 7....good teams have strong lines on both sides of the ball...want to figure out the problem with our D? look at our OL, then look at our DL....then try to stop laughing/crying...

New England could have lined up a 4 year old girl at CB and won.

That's why I'm not upset we took Hali over a weak crop of CBs.

the Talking Can
04-30-2006, 10:53 PM
oh yeah, getting Law for 1-2 years would be perfect...we have hte cash...

Halfcan
04-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Law will be signed by Friday.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Sign Law and cut Bartee. Give Billy's # to Law.

keg in kc
05-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh...I know....I've been saying this for, I don't know, 4 years now.4 years? 5? 6?

But we're wrong, you know.

PHOG
05-01-2006, 12:34 AM
No

YES