04-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Joe Montana was listed at 6'2 205

Brodie Croyle is listed at 6'3 205

Joe Montana was selected 85th overall in the third round of the NFL draft

Brodie Croyle was selected 82nd overall in the third round of the NFL draft

Joe Montana won 24 games in College

Brodie Croyle won 27 games in College

Joe Montana wore #3 in College

Brodie Croyle wore #12 in College. 1+2 = 3.

Joe Montana threw for around 2,000 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior

Brodie Croyle threw for around 2,000 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior

During his time at Notre Dame, Joe Montana never faced Alabama

During his time at Alabama, Brodie Croyle never faced Notre Dame

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/16_X_20_Album/images/Joe%20Montana_jpg.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/10/02/weekend.review/t1_croyle_si.jpg

HMc
04-30-2006, 10:30 PM
You get a bit bored after your third wank of the evening don't you?

beer bacon
04-30-2006, 10:30 PM
They are both white.

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
Joe Montana tore both ACL's before taking a snap in the NFL, so did Brodie Croyle...

Oh wait...

DomerNKC
04-30-2006, 10:31 PM
and they are both people.

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2006, 10:32 PM
They both have one (1) 'o' in their first name, and one (1) 'o' in their last name.

!!!

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 10:34 PM
I almost forgot the most important one:

Joe Montana was a Chief

Brodie Croyle is a Chief

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Joseph has six letters

Brodie has six letters

tk13
04-30-2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=45245

Vols praise Alabama’s Croyle
By John Brice, john.brice@thedailytimes.com
October 18, 2005

KNOXVILLE — Jonathan Wade dipped into college football’s annals in paying Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle a huge compliment.

“We’ve been playing all these quarterbacks that have been running, seeing all these different quarterbacks,” said Wade, referencing a demanding eight-game stretch against dual-threat quarterbacks that extends to last season’s Kentucky game. “Now, we’re getting ready to go play against Joe Montana. (Croyle) doesn’t miss no passes or nothing."

Chiefaholic
04-30-2006, 10:53 PM

ROFL

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 10:58 PM
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=45245

Somehow I don't think Joe Montana was compared to Brodie Croyle in any newspaper as a college senior.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM

you mixed these up

Mr. Kotter
04-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Joe Montana had more pussy by age 20, than gochief's will have in his life.

So did Brodie Croyle.

;)

Kaylore
04-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Gee Bob. Seems your friends over here take you even less seriously than we do.

J Diddy
04-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Joe Montana had more pussy by age 20, than gochief's will have in his life.

So did Brodie Croyle.

;)

as did most homosexuals

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 11:54 PM
The Chiefs drafted Steve Fuller in the first round of the 1979 draft, the year Joe Montana came out.

This year we waited until the third round...and made the right pick.

I think the Broncos got Steve Fuller this year.

Miles
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/images/2003/01/07/gPKLVEBA.jpg

No connection to the number 11. Not impressed.

Mr. Kotter
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM
The Chiefs drafted Steve Fuller in the first round of the 1979 draft, the year Joe Montana came out.

No. Jay Cutler is Todd Blackledge. Seriously.

Count Zarth
04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
Croyle just dove for a first down against Arkansas.

What a gamer.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 12:07 AM

Even worse-the Dirty Donks got the next Jake Plummer.

Demonpenz
05-01-2006, 12:09 AM
both were assassinated in years ending in 3

tk13
05-01-2006, 12:23 AM
You know, I was just looking up Joe Montana... did you know his rookie year was OJ Simpson's last year in the NFL. Montana and Simpson were actually teammates for a year. That's kinda like one of those "Did you know Larry Bird and Pete Maravich were actually teammates" type things. There's your completely irrelevant factoid of the day.

Demonpenz
05-01-2006, 12:25 AM
probably where montana got his killer instinct

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 12:32 AM
You know, I was just looking up Joe Montana... did you know his rookie year was OJ Simpson's last year in the NFL. Montana and Simpson were actually teammates for a year. That's kinda like one of those "Did you know Larry Bird and Pete Maravich were actually teammates" type things. There's your completely irrelevant factoid of the day.

Brodie Croyle and Priest Holmes...teammates for one year.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Joe Montana had a secretary named Croyle.

Brodie Croyle had a secretary named Montana.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2006, 02:39 AM
both were assassinated in years ending in 3Damnit.

greg63
05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Joe Montana had a secretary named Croyle.

Brodie Croyle had a secretary named Montana.

They both held the office of the QB.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:19 AM
Joe Montana was listed at 6'2 205

Brodie Croyle is listed at 6'3 205

Joe Montana won 24 games in College

Brodie Croyle won 27 games in College

Joe Montana wore #3 in College

Brodie Croyle wore #12 in College. 1+2 = 3.

Joe Montana threw for around 2,000 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior

Brodie Croyle threw for around 2,000 yards and 10 touchdowns as a senior

During his time at Notre Dame, Joe Montana never faced Alabama

During his time at Alabama, Brodie Croyle never faced Notre Dame

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/16_X_20_Album/images/Joe%20Montana_jpg.jpg http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/10/02/weekend.review/t1_croyle_si.jpg

Ummmm, OK? :rolleyes:

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:21 AM
Ummmm, OK? :rolleyes:

What can one say; it's GoChiefs.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
What can one say; it's GoChiefs.

STill trying to get past that uniform number comparison. :shake:

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:25 AM
STill trying to get past that uniform number comparison. :shake:

No doubt; talk about a SSSSTTTTRRRREEEETTTTCCCCHHHH!

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Hear me now and believe me later...

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:29 AM

Laughing at you now, ignoring you later.

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 03:32 AM
I had a huge hard-on for Joe Montana

I have a huge hard-on for Brodie Croyle

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:33 AM

:hmmm: Someone is going to PUMP him up.

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:33 AM
I had a huge hard-on for Joe Montana

I have a huge hard-on for Brodie Croyle

Huge?

Highly doubtful.

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:34 AM
:hmmm: Someone is going to PUMP him up.
ROFL
TMI

...Image I didn't need.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:34 AM
Huge?

Highly doubtful.

Hard. Highly likely. ROFL

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Hard. Highly likely. ROFL

ROFL

...Not saying much.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:37 AM
ROFL

...Not saying much.

Dat true. ROFL

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:38 AM
Dat true. ROFL

ROFL

:no smilie: For.....oh, you know.

POND_OF_RED
05-01-2006, 04:13 AM
Cant sleep so I thought I would add 3 more ridiculous similarities:
They both had movies made about there schools football program (Rudy-ND and The Junction Boys-ALA)

They both won the Cotton bowl there senior seasons against a Texas school (Texas-Montana, Tex Tech-Croyle)

If you add every number of there birthdays together they both equal 29 (Montana: 6+1+1+1+9+5+6=29 Croyle:2+6+1+9+8+3=29)

Guru
05-01-2006, 04:17 AM
They both had movies made about there schools football program (Rudy-ND and The Junction Boys-ALA)

They both won the Cotton bowl there senior seasons against a Texas school (Texas-Montana, Tex Tech-Croyle)

If you add every number of there birthdays together they both equal 29 (Montana: 6+1+1+1+9+5+6=29 Croyle:2+6+1+9+8+3=29)
:doh!: Don't encourage.

greg63
05-01-2006, 04:20 AM
:doh!: Don't encourage.

PULEASE DON'T!

Otter
05-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Both have their largest toe located on inner part of the foot. This is scary, the parralles are astounding.

greg63
05-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Both have their largest toe located on inner part of the foot. This is scary, the parralles are astounding.
ROFL

Oh, and they both have five fingers....

AND FIVE, count 'em, five toes.

On each hand and foot! OOOOO!

Guru
05-01-2006, 05:14 AM
ROFL

Oh, and they both have five fingers....

AND FIVE, count 'em, five toes. OOOOO!

ROFL

greg63
05-01-2006, 05:19 AM
ROFL

ROFL

Gotta bail; see ya later.

OldTownChief
05-01-2006, 05:57 AM

That right there just iced it for me.

Frankie
05-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Has anyone mentioned they both were picked in the 3rd round?

chagrin
05-01-2006, 06:31 AM
Joe Montana tore both ACL's before taking a snap in the NFL, so did Brodie Croyle...

Oh wait...

Thank you

CupidStunt
05-01-2006, 08:14 AM
The only thing sadder than gochief's boner for Croyle is greg63's boner for guru.

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Excellent post on Brodie Croyle from an Alabama fan:

As a die-hard Alabama fans...I am THRILLED Brodie landed with KC. I've told my friends all along that where I wanted him to go (sit behind Trent Green for a couple years, play for Herm Edwards, play for a team with Tradition, etc.)

I was scared he would go to Baltimore, Minnesota, or somewhere else, b/c that's where his name was mentioned. I knew KC wouldn't take him in the 2nd round b/c of needs defensively...but when I saw him taken I was thrilled. Brodie couldn't be in a better situation.

As for what KC's getting...I could talk for hours. Obviously, he's not ready to play as a rookie even 2nd year (but few, few are). He should gain about 10 pounds of muscle which would put him at a solid 215 lbs. and better suited to take hits...something he was withstood plenty of during his career.

Some background...he was the #1 rated QB in the nation coming out of H.S., despite tearing his ACL in the 1st quarter of the 1st game of his senior season. Having started since the 8th grade, he was on pace to break virtually every national high school passing record. A legacy of UA, having his father, John, played DE at UA for Coach Bryant, his sister, Reagan basketball player and homecoming queen, and brother-in-law, John David Phillips, also a QB who wore #12...there was little surprise when he chose Alabama over FSU and Oklahoma, despite Franchione being there running an offense totally unfit for him.

With Alabama having 2 upperclassmen QBs already, and him being about 175 lbs coming off knee surgery, Brodie redshirted as a true freshman in 2001. In 2002, as a redshirt freshman, Brodie was back-up QB primarly and started two or three games do to injury of Tyler Watts in which he was successful, even in a loss to UGA. He played a huge role in a win over Tennessee at Neyland, and also threw for nearly 300 yards in a huge in at Arkansas, as Alabama went on to a 10-win season, in which he executed an offensive where he was often asked to reverse out and run an OPTION...ridiculous in hindsight. He went through the season uninjured, depsite probably only weighing about 190 lbs in the SEC.

Following an off-season full of turmoil after Franchione ran out on the team, Mike Price was hired then fired in May… Alabama welcomed the addition of a new coach in Mike Shula, who brought with him a pro-style offense, perfectly suited to the strengths of Croyle. Alabama suffered a DISMAL season at 4-9, in which Brodie endured playing with a severely injured left (non-throwing) shoulder. He managed to have some great games despite the fact UA was terrible, playing a brutal schedule, and running an offensive which had been put into place in a matter of weeks (fall practice). While some question Brodie being injury-proned…I CALL HIM TOUGH…proving he has the toughness, grit, and ability to play through a tremendous amount of pain.

In 2004, he was off to an incredible start, throwing 6 tds and no ints through 3 games, with a completion percentage near 70% before tearing his ACL (other one from HS.) and missing the rest of the season, in which Alabama struggled greatly, offensively, without him.

In 2005, Brodie had a good season. He managed to suffer no injuries, and before the final two regular season games, he looked great.

One should note that when evaluating him his really has not glaring weaknesses other than, as everyone knows, history of injuries. He had a terrible offensive line as a senior and inexperienced, inconsistent, though talented WRs. He protects the ball well only threw 4 ints, I think…and makes smart decisions by not throwing into double teams and throwing it out of bounds when nothing is there. His arm strength is amazing. He won the long distance pass in the skills completion over the “all-world” Vince Young, who is very over-hyped. As a senior in H.S. he won virtually every competition the Elite 11 camp in California, beating even Drew Brees a senior at Purdue. His accuracy is amazing. He threw a perfect pass in the game-winning drive to beat Tennessee on 3rd and 9 that makes the pass Leinart threw verses Notre Dame elementary. His only significant weaknesses that I’ve noticed over years of studying him is that he isn’t as accurate on the run or when he doesn’t set his feet to pass…but then, who besides maybe Favre isn’t? He could also possibly work on pocket awareness, for the was sacked often times…mostly in large part to a VERY WEAK o-line, but also because he seemingly refuses to move around in the pocket, preferring to be the classic drop-back and throw QB…which ain’t all bad.

His character is exceptional as well. He’s not “Billy Graham” in that like most people…he likes to have a good time, but he would never do anything really bad to bring a lot of embarrassment upon himself, family, or football team. He doesn’t let the media bother or shake him up at all. No matter where he goes he won’t be under near the amount of pressure or spotlight than he was as QB of Alabama, with this state’s media. He doesn’t get caught up in all the “hype” of football and likes to spend his off time quietly at home with his family hunting or fishing. His father runs a ranch, “Big Oak Ranch” where he has raised thousands of underprivileged, neglected children over the years. He has grown up as if many of them were his own siblings, therefore gets along basically with anyone despite glaring differences in hobbies or interests.

His quiet demeanor, often gives the appearance that he is cocky, arrogant, or in a football sense, indifferent. While he definitely doesn’t have a confidence problem, he isn’t someone like Donovan McNabb who will always be trying to get attention or sympathy from the media, though he’s had plenty of chances to do so. For instance, I bet he’d handle a situation similar to the Rush Limbaugh comment, much differently. Rather than making a huge ordeal and media frenzy about it…he’d probably just mumble something like “I don’t care, let him think what he wants. It doesn’t bother me.” And let me reiterate and stress that no amount of media in the NFL will compare to the intense limelight he’s been under in Alabama, where his every move is analyzed, critiqued, or comment upon. This just stresses that he doesn’t let outside sources bother him at all. The most excitement you’d see out of him at UA was after throwing a TB pass, he’d run down the field (doing his helicopter thing) and jump up in his center and roommates arms, J.B. Closner, and then congratulate the WR.

I could go on and on it allowed, but I just thought I’d maybe teach some things to KC fans who might otherwise not know about him…I’m very excited and looking for a Chiefs hat to purchase.

Taco John
05-01-2006, 04:06 PM
Montana worked with Bono...

Brodie Croyle is the second coming of Bono...

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 04:38 PM

:harumph:

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
More info from the same 'Bama fan.

One thing not mentioned about Brodie is his poise under pressure. Coach Mike Shula has commented a few times this past season that BC has ice water in his veins...the kinda guy whose pulse actually slows down when the pressure is on and a big game hangs in the balance with time running out.

Funny story from this past season that illustates a bit of Brodie's calm and composure occured late in a hard fought game against a tough Arkansas Razorback team:

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- It was supposed to be a draw play, but then Alabama's Brodie Croyle saw receiver D.J. Hall standing by himself at the line and wisely changed his mind.

Hall slipped into the end zone with no Arkansas defender anywhere near him and caught a 5-yard touchdown pass from Croyle in the final minutes of the Crimson Tide's 24-13 victory on Saturday.

"I tried not to get too excited and give it away," said Hall, who also had a 43-yard TD catch. "I looked at Brodie and gave him a little signal. He looked at me and just nodded his head."

If Brodie had looked shocked or stared at his receiver, the Razorback defense would've reacted immediately, but he calmly turned his head to the left (away from the uncovered receiver) and never looked that way again until he turned and flipped him the TD pass.

Classic Brodie. Unflappable. Thinks on his feet and calmly does his job.

vailpass
05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- It was supposed to be a draw play, but then Alabama's Brodie Croyle saw receiver D.J. Hall standing by himself at the line and wisely changed his mind...
Classic Brodie. Unflappable. Thinks on his feet and calmly does his job.

It looks like somebody wants Brodie to tuck him in and tell him a bedtime story.

CHIEF4EVER
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM

ROFL Classic. Rep to you M8.

CHIEF4EVER
05-01-2006, 06:38 PM

:bong:

Keep schmokin that ganja. Croyle will be better than Cutler, and he didn't cost us a 1st. Write it down Donkey Boy.

KCBOSS1
05-01-2006, 06:40 PM

But hey, we Got Todd Blackledge the year Morino, Elway and Kelly came out before any of them were drafted, right?

Chief Chief
05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
There's a town called Joe in the state of Montana.

There's a town called Brodie in the state of Croyle.

Count Zarth
05-01-2006, 06:43 PM
The greatest QB in 49ers history before Joe Montana?

John Brodie.

OldTownChief
05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
But hey, we Got Todd Blackledge the year Morino, Elway and Kelly came out before any of them were drafted, right?

If I recall Elway was the overall #1 pick to the Colts but cried like a little bitch until traded to the Donks. Not possitive it was the Colts tho.

Ari Chi3fs
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
GoChiefs started liking the Chiefs when Montana was signed...

and GoChiefs left Chiefsplanet when Croyle was drafted

KCBOSS1
05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
If I recall Elway was the overall #1 pick to the Colts but cried like a little bitch until traded to the Donks. Not possitive it was the Colts tho.

I guess that's right, but missing out on Morino still makes me sick....oy.

Kaylore
05-02-2006, 01:40 AM

LOL I'm sticking with Don Knotts except with bad knees.

el borracho
05-02-2006, 02:02 AM
Neither Montana nor Croyle has ever ridden a dinosaur nor lived in outer space. Coincidence?