Short Leash Hootie
05-01-2006, 02:37 AM
why can't he make that throw?

greg63
05-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Found a few on youtube.com

Folks, Trent Green can't make this throw:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gba1XZb5bo&search=brodie%20croyle

I am in total disagreement with you sir.

That is all.

greg63
05-01-2006, 02:43 AM
why can't he make that throw?

Good question.

Claynus
05-01-2006, 02:45 AM
I've never seen Green make a throw like that. Not that deep.

Short Leash Hootie
05-01-2006, 02:47 AM
how about the strike to Eddie Kennison to beat Green Bay in overtime in 2003?

Croyle through that ball what, 50 yards? Whoohoo. Every QB in the league, minus maybe Matt Hasselbeck, can throw the football 50 yards.

I think Trent's arm strength is fine, too.

greg63
05-01-2006, 02:48 AM

I'm pretty sure I've seen Green throw the deep ball before; although I don't have a highlight film to prove it.

Short Leash Hootie
05-01-2006, 02:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen Green throw the deep ball before; although I don't have a highlight film to prove it.
gochiefs is on crack.

Comparing Croyle to Montana, and then trying to say that 50 yard TD throw is something Green can't do...

I'm glad you're so high on our third string QB...

greg63
05-01-2006, 02:54 AM
gochiefs is on crack.

Comparing Croyle to Montana, and then trying to say that 50 yard TD throw is something Green can't do...

I'm glad you're so high on our third string QB...

That is the Planets dear old GoChiefs; one must glean through what is actually worth responding to.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Found a few on youtube.com

Folks, Trent Green can't make this throw:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gba1XZb5bo&search=brodie%20croyle

Umm, yes he can.

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:17 AM
Umm, yes he can.

Kinda what I thought.

Guru
05-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Kinda what I thought.

Great minds!!!

greg63
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM
Great minds!!!

:thumb:

:no smilie: For SNR.

Claynus
05-01-2006, 03:23 AM

Croyle through that ball what, 50 yards? Whoohoo. Every QB in the league, minus maybe Matt Hasselbeck, can throw the football 50 yards.

It's not about distance.

It's about leading the receiver and the arc on the ball.

That ball was thrown perfectly in stride.

The WR never had to stop running. 55 yards downfield.

With the DB in his pocket.

I don't care what you say. Green can't do that on the deep passes. Not in stride like that.

That's not a knock on Green. Most QBs can't make that throw.

Brodie Croyle is amazing.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2006, 03:28 AM
That Bo TD against San Diego was pretty similar, IIRC. The coverage wasn't as tight on Bo, though, so there was more room for error.

All I could think while watching that was that Prothro was going to be in a world of hurt very shortly...

Claynus
05-01-2006, 03:30 AM
That Bo TD against San Diego was pretty similar, IIRC. The coverage wasn't as tight, though.

Boe had a couple steps on the DB. He had to adjust to the ball, too.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Boe had a couple steps on the DB. He had to adjust to the ball, too.I haven't seen that in forever, so you're probably right.

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2006, 06:19 AM
And as far as we know, Brodie has only made that throw once.

I heard injury scarred career. Year before last missed 10 games.

I also watched the Brodie's greatest hits video and saw him get his dick knocked in the dirt about 80 times.

He is a good 3rd round selction. so far, that is it.

Donger
05-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Looks like gochiefs has another man-crush.

Do you find Croyle physically attractive?

FAX
05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
And as far as we know, Brodie has only made that throw once.

I heard injury scarred career. Year before last missed 10 games.

I also watched the Brodie's greatest hits video and saw him get his dick knocked in the dirt about 80 times.

He is a good 3rd round selction. so far, that is it.

Due to the unfortunate circumstances of my geographic location, Mr. King_Chief_Fan, I have watched Croyle quite a bit against SEC opponents. He played in a strong, talented conference.

He has some very good qualities. He is extremely tough. He is football smart. Has good footwork and an NFL-caliber arm. I view him as an excellent pro project. I would really enjoy seeing him get some significant time in camp as well as pre-season to see how he adapts to the speed of the NFL.

FAX

bobbything
05-01-2006, 08:15 AM
IIRC, Green had one to Sammie Parker last year (I believe it was against the Pats) down the sideline, from around the 50 yard line. I remember because I was sitting in that corner of the endzone.

Any QB in this league can make a 50 yard throw, leading the receiver in stride, with one-on-one coverage (note: except Michael Vick). Vick can throw the ball 100 yards, but can't lead a receiver.

Saying that Green can't make that throw is downright ignorant.

Whosurdaddy
05-01-2006, 08:18 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-y2tpPRQuiw&search=brodie%20croyle

Bama's O-line is aweful, that's a fact...

bobbything
05-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I just looked up the pass I was thinking of...

Green to Hall for 52 yards and a TD.

Delano
05-01-2006, 08:37 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-y2tpPRQuiw&search=brodie%20croyle

Bama's O-line is aweful, that's a fact...

I think I winced 16 times during that video. Damn Auburn's D was killing Croyle. Hopefully if the kid scratches the starting line-up, our offensive line will be as stout as it is now.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 08:41 AM

Green to Hall for 52 yards and a TD.And Hall had to come back 3 yards because it was so underthrown.

I don't want to take anything away from Green, but his talent lies more in decision making than anything else. He's not a gunner or a bomber, and he doesn't throw a textbook spiral.

I don't know if Green could have made the mentioned throw or not. But I do think Croyle has a better arm, probably by a fair margin.

patteeu
05-01-2006, 08:47 AM
IIRC, Green had one to Sammie Parker last year (I believe it was against the Pats) down the sideline, from around the 50 yard line. I remember because I was sitting in that corner of the endzone.

Any QB in this league can make a 50 yard throw, leading the receiver in stride, with one-on-one coverage (note: except Michael Vick). Vick can throw the ball 100 yards, but can't lead a receiver.

Saying that Green can't make that throw is downright ignorant.

GoChiefs is right that Green's long ball usually does not hit the receiver in stride. On most of his long completions, the receiver has to break stride to wait for the ball. I'm not saying Green is a bad QB, but his long ball is not his strength even though statistically, he has more long completions than the average NFL QB.

CoMoChief
05-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Trent Green is not an accurate deep ball thrower, this guy Croyle is one. I think that's what the message hes trying to get across. The Green Bay EK TD pass in OT was a good pass, but it wasnt anything special. EK was very much open and Trent should have completed the pass and IIRC EK actually had to stop his route some to come back to it. Many of Green's throws are like that. Having said all of this Green is still a really good top 6-7 QB in NFL, best one we've had since Montana.

Kerberos
05-01-2006, 08:52 AM
And Hall had to come back 3 yards because it was so underthrown.

I don't want to take anything away from Green, but his talent lies more in decision making than anything else. He's not a gunner or a bomber, and he doesn't throw a textbook spiral.

I don't know if Green could have made the mentioned throw or not. But I do think Croyle has a better arm, probably by a fair margin.

I have to agree

Greens decision making is what makes him great. Joe Montana wasn't a bomb thrower either ... he would just pick apart teams 10-20 yards at a time.

Could Green have made that throw?? Yes....... but to make it consistantly would be a whole new question! IMO

oldandslow
05-01-2006, 09:02 AM
It really was a good throw. 55 yards from where he threw it to where it was caught.

And, no, TG would not consistently make that throw either.

Best pick of the day, imo.

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2006, 09:07 AM
Due to the unfortunate circumstances of my geographic location, Mr. King_Chief_Fan, I have watched Croyle quite a bit against SEC opponents. He played in a strong, talented conference.

He has some very good qualities. He is extremely tough. He is football smart. Has good footwork and an NFL-caliber arm. I view him as an excellent pro project. I would really enjoy seeing him get some significant time in camp as well as pre-season to see how he adapts to the speed of the NFL.

FAX

please don't get me wrong.......I like the pick. I agree that he is a project, a very good prospect. I also know that the Chiefs have never done anything to develop a QB. I do not agree that he is the 2nd Joe Montana. I am hoping the kid makes the top 3 and helps us send Huard packing.

FAX
05-01-2006, 09:14 AM
please don't get me wrong.......I like the pick. I agree that he is a project, a very good prospect. I also know that the Chiefs have never done anything to develop a QB. I do not agree that he is the 2nd Joe Montana. I am hoping the kid makes the top 3 and helps us send Huard packing.

I totally agree with you in respect to the Chiefs' apparent inability to develop young quarterbacks, Mr. King_Chief_Fan. You're also perfectly correct about the Montana comparisons. Although, I think Ms. Jean Brodie traveled through Montana once if I'm not mistaken.

Yet, nobody thought that Joe Montana would be "Joe Montana" when he came out. And, if nothing else is true in this uncompromising veil of tears in which we tred, hope springs eternal in the heart of a Chiefs' fan.

FAX

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I don't think I've ever seen Green make a throw like that long when the receiver wasn't wide open, in stride without the receiver having to wait on it.

Kennison had at least three steps in overtime of the GB game in 03. Boerigter had probably five steps on Becket on the 99-yarder against SD in 02.

The most similar throw I remember as of late was Green to Parker against SD at Arrowhead last season. That was 42 yards, I believe.

CoMoChief
05-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I say send Huard packing, heres why:

If Trent Green goes down for a considerable length of the season we are pretty much ****ed anyways, so put Croyle in with our starters to let him learn the ropes with the people that are gonna be playing on a consistant basis. Our Oline will provide him with great protection, which is also the reason why Trent has lasted with us for so long. He is football smart and has a great arm and is highly accurate. Face it if Green went down we might as well let Croyle take the reigns and prepare for the future a little bit. He's gonna need real game experience against other team's starters at some point.

Will he take us to the playoffs? Doubt it. Especially not with our defense. Roethlisberger won with handing it off all game and their defense was great. LJ and our running game is great, which that might help us win some games, but the defense as we all know must stop someone first.

With all of this being said I hope to God Trent Green doesnt get hurt at all.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
I say send Huard packing, heres why:

If Trent Green goes down for a considerable length of the season we are pretty much ****ed anyways, so put Croyle in with our starters to let him learn the ropes with the people that are gonna be playing on a consistant basis. Our Oline will provide him with great protection, which is also the reason why Trent has lasted with us for so long. He is football smart and has a great arm and is highly accurate. Face it if Green went down we might as well let Croyle take the reigns and prepare for the future a little bit. He's gonna need real game experience against other team's starters at some point.

Will he take us to the playoffs? Doubt it. Especially not with our defense. Roethlisberger won with handing it off all game and their defense was great. LJ and our running game is great, which that might help us win some games, but the defense as we all know must stop someone first.

With all of this being said I hope to God Trent Green doesnt get hurt at all.The scariest thing about Croyle coming in as Green's back-up would be if he played really well. I'm not ready for a QB controversy with Green just yet.

Other than that, I agree. It's a rare thing for a team to succeed when they lose their #1 QB. It's not like Huard is going to take us anywhere anyway, might as well get Croyle the snaps.

And I'm furiously knocking on wood while discussing this. (no, not that wood you sick bastards).

Short Leash Hootie
05-02-2006, 06:59 PM

Green to Hall for 52 yards and a TD.
bad example.

MahiMike
05-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Hell, I can throw it 50 yds.

plbrdude
05-02-2006, 07:24 PM
yes trent can make the throw. but who do we have fast enough to beat the defender AND catch the ball?

Short Leash Hootie
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
yes trent can make the throw. but who do we have fast enough to beat the defender AND catch the ball?
Eddie Kennison was the NFL's fastest man...like 8 years ago.

SLAG
05-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Wasn't Dante the Fastest man like 3 years go? or even still? :shrug:

plbrdude
05-02-2006, 07:36 PM

8 yr is almost an eternity in the nfl.not sure about his speed rank now,but kennison still has the goods for another yr or 2. parker's a burner, hopefully he'll get hands to match. after them???

leviw
05-02-2006, 09:48 PM
8 yr is almost an eternity in the nfl.not sure about his speed rank now,but kennison still has the goods for another yr or 2. parker's a burner, hopefully he'll get hands to match. after them???

Those are our top two receivers. What more do you want?

Oh yeah, and you're English is more broken than Rich Gannon's collar bone.

keg in kc
05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Nice throw, no doubt.

Rausch
05-02-2006, 09:58 PM
His legs looked fine to me...

bringbackmarty
05-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I've never seen Green make a throw like that. Not that deep.why dont you look at your dante video, green makes two throws that are at least 50 yds. vs. Denver and dallas I think.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Did you guys watch the Greatest hits on Brodie-jeez louis his O line sucked ballz. If this guy played on a descent team-he would have been one of the top ten picks of the draft.

leviw
05-02-2006, 10:13 PM
why dont you look at your dante video, green makes two throws that are at least 50 yds. vs. Denver and dallas I think.

Green to Hall against Dallas was 34 yards.

Green's longest pass in the Denver game was 54 yards to Kennison, but it was a catch and run. His touchdown pass to Hall was 41 yards, but not only was it a catch and run, Hall had to wait on it and he was WIIIIDE open.

HMc
05-02-2006, 10:13 PM
The Dante TD vs Denver was hardly anything special, the secondary screwed their assignments and he was wide open. Had to slow his step a bit to get to it aswell IIRC.

leviw
05-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Did you guys watch the Greatest hits on Brodie-jeez louis his O line sucked ballz. If this guy played on a descent team-he would have been one of the top ten picks of the draft.

He did play on a decent team. They started 9-0. Their defense was stellar. Offense couldn't do anything, though, mainly because of the o-line.

SLAG
05-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Trent's Arm is Fine Line Wine

KChiefs1
05-16-2006, 09:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gba1XZb5bo

Everytime I see this video I picture Croyle throwing to Parker!

pikesome
05-16-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gba1XZb5bo

Everytime I see this video I picture Croyle throwing to Parker!

Let's hope you never see this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y2tpPRQuiw&search=brodie%20croyle)

Rain Man
05-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Let's hope you never see this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y2tpPRQuiw&search=brodie%20croyle)

Holy cow. His left tackle should've just suited up for the other team. On 90 percent of those plays, Barry Sanders wouldn't have been able to avoid the rush.

pikesome
05-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Holy cow. His left tackle should've just suited up for the other team. On 90 percent of those plays, Barry Sanders wouldn't have been able to avoid the rush.

People keep bring up his injury history but with a line like that it's a wonder that we aren't visiting his grave.

FAX
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM
People keep bring up his injury history but with a line like that it's a wonder that we aren't visiting his grave.

Exactly, Mr. pikesome. Croyle is tough.

Some also find fault in his size, but the SEC is a very, very physical conference and he held up well, all things considered.

FAX

Chief Faithful
05-16-2006, 10:29 AM
I am hoping the kid makes the top 3 and helps us send Huard packing.

That is exactly my sediment. If he is as good as GoChiefs says then maybe he could knock off Huard as #2.

InChiefsHell
05-16-2006, 10:30 AM
At the end of that video, he is walking off the field without a limp. That is one tough dude...

rad
05-16-2006, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Chief Faithful]That is exactly my sediment. If he is as good as GoChiefs says then maybe he could knock off Huard as #2.sediment

Is that sediment in your pants?

pikesome
05-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't want to break out in an extreme case of GoChiefs but it's hard not to get excited about his guy. His strengths and weaknesses seem to mesh with the Chiefs' so well that you wonder if his wasn't ordered from a clone bank. Add to this the fact that we probably picked him up at the perfect time, not so soon to force Trent out if he develops, not so late as to force him into playing too soon.

CoMoChief
05-16-2006, 10:42 AM

Good lord is that the Texans Oline?!?!? They were awful. I havent seen that many clean un-touched shots on a QB in a long time.

jspchief
05-16-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't want to break out in an extreme case of GoChiefs but it's hard not to get excited about his guy. His strengths and weaknesses seem to mesh with the Chiefs' so well that you wonder if his wasn't ordered from a clone bank. Add to this the fact that we probably picked him up at the perfect time, not so soon to force Trent out if he develops, not so late as to force him into playing too soon.I was saying this since before the draft.

The stars were aligned for Croyle and the Chiefs. He's a good fit, the timing is perfect, and it was the right draft pick.

JimNasium
05-16-2006, 12:10 PM
I'll bet that Ted White could make that throw.

R&GHomer
05-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I'll bet Scanlon could throw that ball down field and then go catch it himself for the touchdown.

Dave Lane
05-16-2006, 01:28 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y2tpPRQuiw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y2tpPRQuiw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

greg63
05-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Geeez; the guy got sacked nine times!

Guru
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Geeez; the guy got sacked nine times!

Good thing our O-line is better.

Jesus
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Croyle? He's the 21st Century version of Joe Montana. Vince Young? Randall Cunningham--nothing more. Matt Leinart? Dan Marino. Jay Cutler? Can you say, Heath Schuler?

Thus saith, the Me.

greg63
05-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Good thing our O-line is better.

For sure; if he ever gets to play behind them.

Guru
05-16-2006, 11:40 PM
For sure; if he ever gets to play behind them.

Well, that is an entirely different thread.

greg63
05-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Well, that is an entirely different thread.

Yep; it would probably get a 100+ posts. :D

buddha
05-17-2006, 12:54 AM
And Hall had to come back 3 yards because it was so underthrown.

Excellent post...I couldn't agree more. Saying somebody can make a certain throw better than another QB doesn't diminish that guy. It is what it is. Elway could make throws Tom Brady or Joe Montana could only dream of making. Does that diminish either Brady or Montana? No.

I have seen enough of Croyle at Bama and at the Senior Bowl to agree that he has a stronger, more lively arm than Trent Green. Does he have the rest of the QB package to one day compare with Green? That remains to be seen.

buddha
05-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Croyle? He's the 21st Century version of Joe Montana. Vince Young? Randall Cunningham--nothing more. Matt Leinart? Dan Marino. Jay Cutler? Can you say, Heath Schuler?

I could go along with the Young/Cunningham comparison, but you aren't even in the right area code on the other two.

Leinart's arm is a piece of pasta compared to Marino. Marino's arm is better than his NOW.

Cutler is so much bigger and stronger than Heath Schuler, it's not even close. Cutler is much more like Rothlesberger.

Tribal Warfare
05-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Cutler is much more like Rothlesberger.

Cutler is more like Favre IMO

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2006, 05:29 AM

Thus saith, the Me.it's jesus lol

I_Am_God
05-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Thus saith, the Me.

I'm sure I told you to clean your room.

chagrin
05-17-2006, 06:17 AM
I'm sure I told you to clean your room.

This has to be quikSsurfer

milkman
05-17-2006, 07:35 AM
This has to be quikSsurfer

I don't think so.
This guy found the shift key.

Chief Faithful
05-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Geez, on two of those sacks in post 63 the defender hit Croyle from behind before he finished his back pedal.