PDA

View Full Version : Better draft performace; www.kcchiefs.com or www.chiefsplanet.com?

Bootlegged
05-01-2006, 11:33 AM
You decide.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Chiefsplanet.

Occasional struggles, but kcchiefs.com was slow as hell all weekend.

buddha
05-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Considering the Planet was down, why is there even a question?

jspchief
05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Considering the Planet was down, why is there even a question?It was?

I had occasional outages, but nothing terrible.

Cochise
05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
kccchiefs.com.

While it was very slow, I always got it to come up. The planet however went down for me in the time leading up to our pick, and stayed down for about an hour, before coming back up for a bit and going down again.

I will take slow over database error any day of the week!

QuikSsurfer
05-01-2006, 11:36 AM
planet gets this one.. aside from the server boot, no problems.

CoMoChief
05-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I could only get online to kcchiefs.com once this weekend, thats how bad the damn server was. There were only a couple of times that I couldnt get online with the planet.

Bootlegged
05-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Kcchiefs.com was down every time I tried.....pretty sad for a NFL team.

Crush
05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
The Planet, but barely.

htismaqe
05-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I was on the Planet all weekend. It wasn't down.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I was on the Planet all weekend. It wasn't down.It rebooted at least twice yesterday. It was down some.

Overall though, I thought the Planet did much better than I expected it to. I was actually impressed.

Bootlegged
05-01-2006, 11:48 AM

NERD ALERT!!!

Phobia
05-01-2006, 11:49 AM

Heh heh. It was down for almost an hour late Saturday afternoon. It was down routinely throughout the day both Satuday and Sunday.

htismaqe
05-01-2006, 11:50 AM
It rebooted at least twice yesterday. It was down some.

Overall though, I thought the Planet did much better than I expected it to. I was actually impressed.

It was rebooted I think 3 times over the weekend due to degrading performance, but it was never "down" like it has been known to be sometimes.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Heh heh. It was down for almost an hour late Saturday afternoon. It was down routinely throughout the day both Satuday and Sunday.Did your visitor numbers explode during those times?

htismaqe
05-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Heh heh. It was down for almost an hour late Saturday afternoon. It was down routinely throughout the day both Satuday and Sunday.

My computer must be magic then, because I was on spotty on Saturday and had no problems and was on yesterday non-stop from about 9am to 8pm and again had no problems.

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2006, 11:55 AM
kcchiefs.com is still slow today.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 12:01 PM
There were zero posts for almost an hour late afternoon Saturday. No doubt the Planet performed better than in times past, but it was still down a lot.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Did your visitor numbers explode during those times?
Our numbers exploded during the 3rd round Saturday. We had over 700 online at 9:00 PM.

Cochise
05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
There were zero posts for almost an hour late afternoon Saturday. No doubt the Planet performed better than in times past, but it was still down a lot.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't "down", but I know that for an hour after our pick or so, I couldn't get to the board at all, I could only get to the "a database error has occurred" screen, that says an email had been dispatched to the technical staff's yahoo email address.

jspchief
05-01-2006, 12:10 PM
Our numbers exploded during the 3rd round Saturday. We had over 700 online at 9:00 PM.So do you think you were seeing some traffic bursts due to the Planet being down?

I don't really remember what times I had problems here. Like you said, better than in the past, but not flawless.

Cochise
05-01-2006, 12:11 PM
So do you think you were seeing some traffic bursts due to the Planet being down?

I don't really remember what times I had problems here. Like you said, better than in the past, but not flawless.

I hadn't visited WPI's boards in months, but I went over to see what was being said after our pick was made.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 12:38 PM
So do you think you were seeing some traffic bursts due to the Planet being down?

There's no doubt we picked up traffic from the Planet when it was down. But I think we had a lot of good traffic from Fox Sports and Yahoo. We put out a lot of content this weekend and it was all free.

Bootlegged
05-01-2006, 12:39 PM
good timing....don't know about anyone else but the Planet just went down for the last 30mins or so for me. Way to make a case!

|Zach|
http://www.davidstuff.com/bagdad-bob1.jpg

CP did not experience outages over the draft! Everything on the backend is fantastic!

We will be making some database improvments soon!

jspchief
I hadn't visited <A href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI (http://chiefsplanet.com)'s boards in months, but I went over to see what was being said after our pick was made.Yea, I went there once when CP was down on Sunday.

The one thing I determined was that I probably would not get along over there. I had to resist the urge to register just to call some people out on stupid comments.

But they did seem to have more traffic than usual. I was just curious how much of it was regulars, and how much was about peaking when other sites were down.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 12:41 PM
We have some kids over there who say some unusual things, but the Planet would have the same problem if everybody felt free to speak what's on their mind. If you make a stupid football comment over here as a noob you might as well get a new ID. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Another thing that added to our traffic was we had 2 tables at the Draft party on Saturday. We were handing out calendars signed by the models, magazines, Tee-shirts, and some door prizes. We gave away a retro Bobby Bell jersey. I wanted to put that one in my pocket. We're getting there. This is the type of stuff I wanted to do for the Planet over the years.

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I'd like to add "Any POS geocities page" to the voting.

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 01:04 PM
good timing....don't know about anyone else but the Planet just went down for the last 30mins or so for me. Way to make a case!
www.crashplanet.com

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 01:04 PM
http://www.davidstuff.com/bagdad-bob1.jpg

CP did not experience outages over the draft! Everything on the backend is fantastic!

We will be making some database improvments soon!
ROFL

|Zach|
05-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Good thing I didn't try to post on this from 12:38 to 1:01 today

Bootlegged
05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
ewww

nascher
05-01-2006, 01:29 PM
kcchiefs.com is still very slow whats going on with this shitty website ???

Count Alex's Wins
05-01-2006, 02:23 PM
WPI definitely had a great day yesterday. :)

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2006, 02:27 PM
I went to WPI on Saturday. No offense Phobia but the guys there werent the brighest to talk football with.

Count Alex's Wins
05-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I went to <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> on Saturday. No offense Phobia but the guys there werent the brighest to talk football with.

Oh, I see how it is.

You guys roasted us when it came to covering the draft, so you're all stupid!

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Oh, I see how it is.

You guys roasted us when it came to covering the draft, so you're all stupid!
Wow, you sure did read a lot into his sentence.

BTW, if you've switched teams then when are you going away for good?

Count Alex's Wins
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Wow, you sure did read a lot into his sentence.

BTW, if you've switched teams then when are you going away for good?

I didn't switch teams, I'm just a whore.

My favorite draft hangout was a place I'd rather not mention, anyway.

Lurch
05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
NepaChiefs and IPW, PWI, WPI (http://chiefsplanet.com) or whatever that place is called was up whenever this place was inaccessible.....:shrug:

Phobia
05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I went to <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com"><a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a></a> on Saturday. No offense Phobia but the guys there werent the brighest to talk football with.

I'm not offended at all. We have our share of youngsters who don't yet know the game. I think a lot of our visitors are there to read the coverage. I hope that one day our message board is as active as the Planet but that takes time to build. We'll get there. Eventually, due to our affiliations with Fox Sports and Yahoo I think we'll be the largest by far. The Vikings and Cowboys sites on Scout are massive.

buddha
05-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I tried about four times to get on this site on Saturday and it didn't come up at all. There is a reason why they had over 700 registered users over at Warpaint!

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 03:45 PM
While the Planet was down I had to choose beween WPI and nothing. I took nothing.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 03:47 PM
While the Planet was down I had to choose beween <a href="http://chiefsplanet.com">WPI</a> and nothing. I took nothing.

We don't need you anyway. We have our own grumpy weatherman.

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 03:48 PM
We don't need you anyway. We have our own grumpy weatherman.
Dammit! I was hoping for more sparks than that.

JBucc
05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
I don't know, but the other day I was thinking if the Chiefs ever won the Super Bowl, both of these sites would be down for months.

Phobia
05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Dammit! I was hoping for more sparks than that.

I don't have time to be mad. I'm on my way to meet Tamba. You want me to sell him a DirectTV system?

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2006, 03:57 PM
I don't know, but the other day I was thinking if the Chiefs ever won the Super Bowl, both of these sites would be down for months.

Probally all of us would be dead of shock as well.

Skip Towne
05-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I don't have time to be mad. I'm on my way to meet Tamba. You want me to sell him a DirectTV system?
Hell, I'll give him one. Are you going with Nick? Say hi for me.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2006, 05:14 PM

it was down for all non mod personal

it's happen before ... in fact parker has commented on it before

something about the way mods log in allow for better access.

sometimes if you go to the front page of the planet first you can get to the forum while going straight to the forum doesn't work.

it's weird ... but several people have tried it.

irishjayhawk
05-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Until scout.com decides to go with good BB software, I don't think they're the best. There are rare exceptions and honestly even the best ones need better BB software (IPB, vBull etc)

As for the topic on hand, it was out but definitely better.