PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the ending of Silent Hill to me??

CanadianChief
05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
I went to see it last night and thought it was pretty good but the ending still has me saying "What the $%#!!!"

I played the game on the PS1 but it was years ago and I can't remember a single thing from the game.

UteChief
05-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not sure but I think the mother and daughter died when their Jeep wrecked. They went home at the end of the movie but were of course, dead.

KcMizzou
05-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Roger Ebert didn't get it either.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/REVIEWS/60421001/1023

He basically says it's a great looking film that doesn't make much sense. Gave it 1 1/2 stars.

KC_John
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I would have to agree also, th eending makes no sense. I mean if they were already dead, then wtf was with all the razor wire and burning people at the end. /Boggle ..awesome looking movie that lost me along the way. I still liked it , but yea the ending needs fixed.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Put a spoiler warning up or something people.

ENDelt260
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Put a spoiler warning up or something people.
ROFL

Detoxing
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
What i got from it was this....and this is a long shot...

All three of them died when the jeep crashed/cop fell off bike, which is why when rose's husband came, he couldnt see her, even though they were right next to each other. That was showing the whole parallel dimension between ghosts and the living type of thing. Also, all the towns people were alrdy dead, they just didnt know it. They died when the accident occured when they tried to burn the little girl. The Little girl lived but she became dark, blah blah and the demon came and promised to make the towns people pay. The demon then reincarnated the goodness left in the little girl into a child and left her at the orphanage. So, the demon, AKA, THe reaper of death, was there to collect the souls of the townspeople and punish them.

But since they didnt understand that they were dead, the reaper couldnt get them. They had Faith, and that faith was a belief that they were safe in the church. The goal of the demon was to break that faith and let them understand they were alrdy dead. So the demon told Rose to go into the church and REMIND them of what happend that night. Then rose bled out the demon and blah blah blah the little girl got revenge blah blah blah, and i think i just confused myself. Whatever, that was the best i could make out of it

KcMizzou
05-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Put a spoiler warning up or something people.Good point. But, you'd think people worried about spoilers would avoid a thread that's specifically about the ending of the movie.

:p

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
ROFL

Rain Man
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
The ending of Silent Hill is a double L. It's a double L because if it was something different, the entire meaning would change. For example:

Silent Hick - Story of a hillbilly whose tongue was cut out by evil ghosts

Silent Hind - Story of a man's poignant search for a cure for flatulence

Silent Hike - Adventure story of a walk through Yellowstone by two deaf people

Silent Hiss - Documentary about a new type of cobra that strikes without warning

Silent Hint - Romantic comedy about a man who tries to figure out what a woman wants.

These are just a few examples of why Silent Hill ends in an LL.

KcMizzou
05-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Silent Hiss - Documentary about a new type of cobra that strikes without warning

That's almost as cool as Snakes on a Plane.

Rain Man
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
That's almost as cool as Snakes on a Plane.

I want these Mo********** silent snakes off of this go******* plane!

CanadianChief
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
What i got from it was this....and this is a long shot...

All three of them died when the jeep crashed/cop fell off bike, which is why when rose's husband came, he couldnt see her, even though they were right next to each other. That was showing the whole parallel dimension between ghosts and the living type of thing. Also, all the towns people were alrdy dead, they just didnt know it. They died when the accident occured when they tried to burn the little girl. The Little girl lived but she became dark, blah blah and the demon came and promised to make the towns people pay. The demon then reincarnated the goodness left in the little girl into a child and left her at the orphanage. So, the demon, AKA, THe reaper of death, was there to collect the souls of the townspeople and punish them.

But since they didnt understand that they were dead, the reaper couldnt get them. They had Faith, and that faith was a belief that they were safe in the church. The goal of the demon was to break that faith and let them understand they were alrdy dead. So the demon told Rose to go into the church and REMIND them of what happend that night. Then rose bled out the demon and blah blah blah the little girl got revenge blah blah blah, and i think i just confused myself. Whatever, that was the best i could make out of it

I pretty much agree with your view on the movie but what I didn't get was when the horn sounded and everything went black. Was the foggy Silent Hill Purgatory and the Dark Silent Hill Hell? I noticed at the end the mother and daughter ended up in foggy Silent Hill so they must be in Purgatory while the husband is still alive.

Why didn't the mother go to hell for bringing her daughter to that shithole in the first place and driving like a hillbilly on moonshine???

Valiant
05-01-2006, 09:44 PM
I pretty much agree with your view on the movie but what I didn't get was when the horn sounded and everything went black. Was the foggy Silent Hill Purgatory and the Dark Silent Hill Hell? I noticed at the end the mother and daughter ended up in foggy Silent Hill so they must be in Purgatory while the husband is still alive.

Why didn't the mother go to hell for bringing her daughter to that shithole in the first place and driving like a hillbilly on moonshine???

I think the foggy hill and later her world was just an alternate world like in the games, it could have been purgatory but they were still alive while all others besides the original mother were dead... They were not dead until they died in the foggy world by being stabbed and burned.. The little girl/entity keep the heroine alive because a mother is god in the eyes of a child..

The girl was an entity and really did not exist in the real world because she was cast out by the beast because she was good. The girl was taken over by the devil type beast after the real girl got her revenge with the barb wires when she looked up after not listening to the mother.