PDA

View Full Version : More quality products from GM

COchief
05-01-2006, 04:23 PM
How pathetic, brake lights have only been on cars for what? 100 years or so.

Explain this one to us Jakey :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193793,00.html

DETROIT General Motors Corp. (GM) is recalling about 400,000 pickup trucks due to defective brake lights.

The affected vehicles are the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon from the 2004-2006 model years and the 2006 Isuzu i-280 and i-350.

GM said some vehicles may permanently lose brake-lamp function or have brake lamps that are always on. On vehicles with cruise control, that function also becomes inoperative.

GM spokesman Alan Adler said the company was not aware of any crashes resulting from the problem.

Dealers will replace the brake lamp switch assembly in the affected vehicles at no charge.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration contacted GM to inquire about the issue after receiving three complaints, and the company issued the recall in response, Adler said.

GM notified NHTSA of the recall in a letter dated Friday.

foxman
05-01-2006, 04:36 PM
So, why the sarcasm? Just about every company that manufacters a product has a certain % of faulty products. This has nothing to do with brakelights as much as it does with a design flaw. So, impress us all and sit down and whip out a better product in the next 2 years, other wise STFU.

I once worked at a Honda dealerhsip and we had a run of Accord's with a bad Valve spring & we had Odyssey's with bad doors just to name a couple. I mention that brand because everyone puts Honda on some kind of pedestal like their crap don't stink. I have been associated with 7 brands and they have all had problems at one time or another.

COchief
05-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Because what does a brake light consist of? I'm guessing a wire from the pedal to the bulb? Isn't that on par with faulty lugnuts?

foxman
05-01-2006, 04:39 PM
As opposed to a faulty Valve Spring that I noted earlier?

My point is....it happens.

htismaqe
05-01-2006, 04:43 PM
I used to wire harnesses for GM brake lights...

:bong:

Cochise
05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm no GM pimp but that kind of thing happens. It could be bad parts from a supplier, improperly trained employees, or a million other reasons.

4th and Long
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
So, why the sarcasm? Just about every company that manufacters a product has a certain % of faulty products. This has nothing to do with brakelights as much as it does with a design flaw. So, impress us all and sit down and whip out a better product in the next 2 years, other wise STFU.

I once worked at a Honda dealerhsip and we had a run of Accord's with a bad Valve spring & we had Odyssey's with bad doors just to name a couple. I mention that brand because everyone puts Honda on some kind of pedestal like their crap don't stink. I have been associated with 7 brands and they have all had problems at one time or another.
BLAM!
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2793/repgrenade1xo.jpg

JBucc
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah GM sucks. I prefer Tonka. Very durable.

Taco John
05-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah GM sucks. I prefer Tonka. Very durable.

I never had engine problems from a single Tonka I ever owned...

JBucc
05-01-2006, 05:06 PM
I never had engine problems from a single Tonka I ever owned...GREAT gas mileage as well

foxman
05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
BLAM!
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2793/repgrenade1xo.jpg

Awsome picture ROFL

You are the master of all things art.

4th and Long
05-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Awsome picture ROFL

You are the master of all things art.
And now you owe me a beer the next time you make it to my neck of the woods. :D

foxman
05-01-2006, 05:15 PM
And now you owe me a beer the next time you make it to my neck of the woods. :D

You got it!

4th and Long
05-01-2006, 05:23 PM
You got it!
Wooo Hooo!!! :toast:

PastorMikH
05-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm guessing this is the same problem they recalled a bunch of Astros and Safaris for. Problem is in the turn signal module. To fix it on my van required pulling the steering wheel and tearing down the stearing column. And GM Steering columns are about the worst to work on.

jjjayb
05-01-2006, 10:09 PM
You can do a search of recalls on the nhtsa website. I figured I'd do a search of Honda's. The manufacturer that never has any problems. You have to search by specific year, make model so I randomly tried a 2005 Honda accord. Lo and behold but what shows up:

Make : HONDA Model : ACCORD Year : 2005
Manufacturer : ANZO USA, INC.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06E023000 Recall Date : MAR 09, 2006
Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 97000

Heh. For headlights. So it looks like GM isn't the only one who has issues with lights.

I thought this was interesting too:

Make : HONDA Model : ACCORD Year : 2005
Manufacturer : AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V551000 Recall Date : NOV 17, 2004
Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 257616

Funny, I don't recall seeing that one on the news. Then again it doesn't surprise me. Nothing new.

Gm and Ford recalls are always front page news yet foreign manufacturers recalls are back page news. A while back it was all over the news about a pretty large Ford recall. Over 100 thousand vehicles. It was on Good morning america, newspapers, every news website, nightly news etc.. I went to the nhtsa website to check it out and I couldn't help but laugh when I opened the website. Nissan had a 1 million plus vehicle safety recall that I hadn't heard a peep about. It's no surprise people have the perception that foreign vehicles are perfect and never have issues.

recxjake
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
You can do a search of recalls on the nhtsa website. I figured I'd do a search of Honda's. The manufacturer that never has any problems. You have to search by specific year, make model so I randomly tried a 2005 Honda accord. Lo and behold but what shows up:

Heh. For headlights. So it looks like GM isn't the only one who has issues with lights.

I thought this was interesting too:

Funny, I don't recall seeing that one on the news. Then again it doesn't surprise me. Nothing new.

Gm and Ford recalls are always front page news yet foreign manufacturers recalls are back page news. A while back it was all over the news about a pretty large Ford recall. Over 100 thousand vehicles. It was on Good morning america, newspapers, every news website, nightly news etc.. I went to the nhtsa website to check it out and I couldn't help but laugh when I opened the website. Nissan had a 1 million plus vehicle safety recall that I hadn't heard a peep about. It's no surprise people have the perception that foreign vehicles are perfect and never have issues.

haha so true