PDA

View Full Version : Antebellum 'Eugenics'

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2006, 08:21 PM
How many of you believe that Southern Plantation Owners willingly practiced selective 'eugenics' by breeding larger black males with larger black females?

BucEyedPea
05-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Ahem...since you're using the word "believe" you want us to respond on faith?
Well then...I'd say it's very likely they may have. Guess I'm agnostic on this one. :hmmm:

Adept Havelock
05-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Possibly. The argument could also be made that such breeding would result in larger, more aggressive progeny which could prove self-defeating to the owners long-term goals.

Oy. :shake:

If I may be so bold as to ask, just what the hell is the point of this thread? Are you so bored you are trolling for racists?

BucEyedPea
05-01-2006, 08:48 PM
you so bored you are trolling for racists?
ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Possibly. The argument could also be made that such breeding would result in larger, more aggressive progeny which could prove self-defeating to the owners long-term goals.

Oy. :shake:

If I may be so bold as to ask, just what the hell is the point of this thread? Are you so bored you are trolling for racists?

The point of this thread is that I often think about why Jimmy 'The Greek' was fired from his job for the comments that he made. Was it because they were insensitive? (they no doubt were) But were they inaccurate? I have a more skeptical view of that assertion. Or, do Jimmy 'The Greeks' comments raise so much controversy because they are largely rooted in fact, however unsettling that may be for us. I'm not trolling for racists; I'm merely trying to get my noggin around a complex and intellectually stimulating subject that has many implications for our current society.

patteeu
05-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Sure, I could believe it.