PDA

View Full Version : I give up.

Brianfo
05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
I know this is a Chiefs board, but I finally have to admit that the Royals absolutely suck. I put my heart and soul into this team. I have been following them for 22 years. I used to listen to them as a kid on Sunday afternoons and throw rocks up in the air and hit them with a bat. How bad can one team possibly be.

The only decent players on the team are the free agents that didn't know any better. Sweeney is done. Stick a fork in him. At least they didn't have Emile Brown in the lineup tonight. When we get some decent pitching there is absolutely no offense. Berroa is TERRIBLE. We also got raped when we got Mark TEEEEEEEEEEEEHen and John Buck. I think that Buddy tried to get the team to score tonight, but Sweeney stuck out twice with runners on. The worst part is, now we are stuck with him. Noone in their right mind would trade for an 11 million DH with a bad back. He's one swing away from ending his career. I'm just frustrated. I have a 2 year old son and my wife and I just had another son last week, I wanted to take them to several Royals games as they grow up and have a George Brett or Frank White to follow. I am open to suggestions on what team I should start to follow. If the Royals organization doesn't care, the I don'g GAF either. Wow, what a team. This team will easily set the ML record for futility. They might even do it by September 1st.

Reaper16
05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
ok

JBucc
05-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Finally? Where have you been the last 20 years?

Manila-Chief
05-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Finally? Where have you been the last 20 years?

zackly .... I've been 9K miles away but haven't bothered to even look for the scores. We need a real owner and not a Wally world guy in charge.

Cochise
05-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Glad you finally figured it out.

SLAG
05-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Its about time Someone spoke Out, Good for you

KCBOSS1
05-01-2006, 08:32 PM
It used to be a big deal for my family to travel to KC to catch a series, particularly back in the Brett, White, Wilson, and remember even...Buddy Biancolana days. I went to a game last year...it was sad. There was far more energy at a Springfield Cardinals AA game.

Sad.

Brianfo
05-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Its about time Someone spoke Out, Good for you

Thanks!! I will always be a Royals fan, but they are making it miserable. Is it possible that they really are this bad, or are they just having some terrible luck.

58-4ever
05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Quitter. Keep doubting Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Chris Lubanski!....ok you're right, but I'm going to have to be a fan until they leave town. It's like leaving your wife after she gets crippled in a car accident. It just wouldn't feel right to leave them now.

Brianfo
05-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Quitter. Keep doubting Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Chris Lubanski!....ok you're right, but I'm going to have to be a fan until they leave town. It's like leaving your wife after she gets crippled in a car accident. It just wouldn't feel right to leave them now.

Great Post. I am excited for the future, but how much losing and embarrassment do we have to go thru before it gets here. We are the laughingstock of baseball.

Nzoner
05-01-2006, 09:03 PM
I gave up on MLB as a whole the year they cancelled the World Series

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I used to listen to them as a kid on Sunday afternoons and throw rocks up in the air and hit them with a bat. How bad can one team possibly be.

Maybe if you had used baseballs instead of rocks you could be helping them out. Just a thought.

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:05 PM
I gave up on MLB as a whole the year they cancelled the World Series

Grudge much? 12 years ago. Time to let it go.

Nzoner
05-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Grudge much? 12 years ago. Time to let it go.

Nah,things are just fine not being so wrapped up in it anymore.

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Nah,things are just fine not being so wrapped up in it anymore.

Sure wish I was old enough to know better.

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 09:20 PM
No, it would be more like leaving your wife after finding out she was sucking off the entire Rangers team before AND after every game. And the visiting team too. But only after the game.

chief2000
05-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Remember Allard saved his job 2 years ago when the Royals were near .500 when his contract was re-upped.

That should piss off everyone.

I have never been a fan of ANY Royal. I don't know what some of you see in any of these players. Sweeney should never been signed to a big contract. He' a decent bat but often injured.

Keitzman should also be blamed .
I called Keitzman and asked about this and he said Allard was safe for a new contract. HUH? What ?

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Remember Allard saved his job 2 years ago when the Royals were near .500 when his contract was re-upped.

That should piss off everyone.

I have never been a fan of ANY Royal. I don't know what some of you see in any of these players. Sweeney should never been signed to a big contract. He' a decent bat but often injured.

Keitzman should also be blamed .
I called Keitzman and asked about this and he said Allard was safe for a new contract. HUH? What ?

Goodness, yes. Blame a talk radio host for the Royals futility. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to defend yourself on that one.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Try the KC T bones.

suds79
05-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the club with the title of this topic. Just give up because it'll never, never,,, never get better.

The Royals will always stink with the occasional, flash in the pan decent season where they might compete for a Divsion title. :whackit:

It's a complete waste of time.

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Try the KC T bones.
I'm not even a baseball fan and that was a nice experience. You're damn near on the field and those guys actually look like they're trying. And when a guy doesn't quite get to the pop fly you don't get blinded by the 40 carrat earrings and gigantic gold necklaces, either.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I took my son the the Royals game for his B-day and we got creamed by the Tigers 12-3

Sweeney the weeny sucker- struck out twice with guys on base, pop a tip ball off his bat to the catcher, and tipped a slow roller back to the pitcher. He left 6 guys on base. 11 mil for this fag? I could hit better.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm not even a baseball fan and that was a nice experience. You're damn near on the field and those guys actually look like they're trying. And when a guy doesn't quite get to the pop fly you don't get blinded by the 40 carrat earrings and gigantic gold necklaces, either.

I agree!! Hell, I have more fun watching my kids youth sports, than the damm Royals. They are truly an embarassment to this town.

chief2000
05-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Goodness, yes. Blame a talk radio host for the Royals futility. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to defend yourself on that one.

He's the 'sport's expert' in town. He needs blaming. Good percent of people would change their opinions with his words.

If I ran that show I would have blamed Baird for all that's wrong with the Royals. How many managers have we gone through ? How many pitching coaches ? Now how many general managers? Right. Zero pitching. Overrated bats.

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
He's the 'sport's expert' in town. He needs blaming. Good percent of people would change their opinions with his words.

If I ran that show I would have blamed Baird for all that's wrong with the Royals. How many managers have we gone through ? How many pitching coaches ? Now how many general managers? Right. Zero pitching. Overrated bats.
I heard him ripping on the entire staff repeatedly.

leviw
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
He's the 'sport's expert' in town. He needs blaming.

...because Kietz's roster moves are uncalled for. His ownership of the team is absurd. He can't throw over 90 pitches and rarely makes it out of the fourth inning. He dropped that easy pop up over the weekend against the A's, got thrown out stealing early in the sixth back on opening day. Then he grounded out weakly to the pitcher the day after that. Plus, he never calls on the bullpen when he should.

All Kietzman's fault.

banyon
05-01-2006, 09:51 PM

Speaking of Sports Radio hosts,

did anybody hear Petro after the game with B-mac?

This caller started bitching about Buddy bell pinch-running for Matt-Stairs with Emil Brown in the ninth, I guess because he wanted him at the plate instead of Graffanino.

Petro responded:

"look...second guessing Buddy Bell at this point is like second guessing a gunfighter who keeps getting shot in the face and pulling out a gun with no bullets in it."

Simplex3
05-01-2006, 10:00 PM

I heard him ripping on the entire staff repeatedly.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I still am a fan and will stay one....I still hve a great time at the ballpark, hopefully sometime soon we'll be rewarded with a decent team, the prospects in AA give me some hope.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the club! I'm a founding member....

I joined back in the 90s, when Royal's ownership/leadership was apathetic and ambiguous....in the PRE-GLASS era....

Pretty much given up on MLB; I even prefer the NBA Playoffs, at this point....:shake:

Rausch
05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
I know this is a Chiefs board, but I finally have to admit that the Royals absolutely suck. I put my heart and soul into this team. I have been following them for 22 years. I used to listen to them as a kid on Sunday afternoons and throw rocks up in the air and hit them with a bat. How bad can one team possibly be.

I remember tossing my chiefs sweatshirt in the snow and walking off after 95.

When I showed up at my buddy's house 5 days later it was washed and 'n clean. Smelled all snuggles fresh.

Same sweatshirt my g/f sleeps in when it gets real cold in winter...

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Felt really crappy when they talked about Damon for 5 minutes on SportsCenter tonight.

chief2000
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
...because Kietz's roster moves are uncalled for. His ownership of the team is absurd. He can't throw over 90 pitches and rarely makes it out of the fourth inning. He dropped that easy pop up over the weekend against the A's, got thrown out stealing early in the sixth back on opening day. Then he grounded out weakly to the pitcher the day after that. Plus, he never calls on the bullpen when he should.

All Kietzman's fault.

Excuse me but who finds the players ? Allard Baird.

Keitzman was pushing for an Allard Baird contract renewal .

Who does everyone want to fire ? Allard Baird.

KChiefsQT
05-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Baseball's good for two things: getting ****ed up at the games, and checking out the baseball butts. Okay, okay three things: Kraut dogs too. Kidding!! I love the sport, but have a hard time accepting the MLB and their non salary cap policy, once you get a keeper on your team...whatdayaknow the Yankee's sign him the next year for 20 million buckaroos. It gets old, kinda hard to take the league seriously.

greg63
05-02-2006, 04:53 AM
I know this is a Chiefs board, but I finally have to admit that the Royals absolutely suck.

...And you're just now coming to this conclusion? You have been on the moon tucked away in a deep cave, blindfolded with you fingers in your ears since 1986 haven't you.

MahiMike
05-02-2006, 05:42 AM
2 words - Salary Cap.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I am (and have been for several years) at the point where I get more frustrated and amused at the fans who give a $hit, than I am at the Royals. You fans that give a $hit need to get real, and understand that the Royals don't have a chance in hell to compete. Period. Not this year, or any of the past 15 years, or for the forseeable future.

Smell the coffee and realize that until MLB gets it's $hit together, and puts the fans ahead of their greed, we will continue to be a farm team for the Yanks and other real major league markets. How in the world can anyone still be surprised that we suck? Allard Baird, nor anyone esle can build a Mercedes out of GM parts. Hurt MLB in the pocketbook, and quit going to the charades they call games at Kaufman. Will we lose the Royals? Doubtful. Will we send a message to MLB that we are tired of their "sport". Yes.

Spend your energy on a battle we might be able to win over someday. Don't take years off of your life worrying about the Royals' losing, it's here to stay, until we can afford to field a team with the same caliber of players that teams spending 5X as much on payroll do.

wolfpack0735
05-02-2006, 07:55 AM
maybe they should let little league teams play in the "K". at least they play better and with more pride.

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
This team will easily set the ML record for futility. They might even do it by September 1st.

We understand your pain, but most of us on here agree that they will pull there heads out of the collective ass's and get 2, maybe 3, 3 game winning streaks going somewhere around July to avoid the Sept 1st date of futility.

At least we hope they do...... hop on board the wagon, I think there is still plenty of room ! :hmmm:

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 07:57 AM
2 words - Salary Cap.

Seriously, that's it in a nut shell........ nuff said.

Brock
05-02-2006, 07:59 AM
2 words - Salary Cap.

That will make no difference at all to the fans of this team. They don't suck because they don't spend enough money. They suck because they have imbeciles making decisions.

dirk digler
05-02-2006, 08:16 AM
That will make no difference at all to the fans of this team. They don't suck because they don't spend enough money. They suck because they have imbeciles making decisions.

Yep. I have been calling for Allard Baird to be fired the last 2 seasons. He has to be the worst GM in all of pro sports. How does a guy that has 3 100 loss season and a winning percantage in the 30's as a GM still have a job? Un****ingbelievable.

shakesthecat
05-02-2006, 08:24 AM
A salary cap wouldn't have prevented Baird from drafting Colt Griffin in the 1st round.

That takes a special kind of stupid.

leviw
05-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Excuse me but who finds the players ? Allard Baird.

Keitzman was pushing for an Allard Baird contract renewal .

Who does everyone want to fire ? Allard Baird.

Keitzman does not renew Baird's contract, no matter how hard he pushes for it, he has ZERO pull on Glass' decision.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Yep. I have been calling for Allard Baird to be fired the last 2 seasons. He has to be the worst GM in all of pro sports. How does a guy that has 3 100 loss season and a winning percantage in the 30's as a GM still have a job? Un****ingbelievable.

Fielding a team as Allard Baird would be a lot like in the sandlot days if one captain (say the Yankees) got to pick the first (best) 15 players including the best SS, CF, ptchers etc. EVERY GAME. Then Allard gets to be captain of the weak team with lesser quality players (let's call them the Royals). Not much different than MLB, really. Sure, you can expect Allard to do better than he has, and maybe occasionally beat the other teams in the same predicatment as the Royals (see Cleveland, Twins, Milwaukee etc.), but that is a far cry from being able to compete with all of the teams, every night, which is what should be happening.

Simply getting rid of Baird is such a small part of a return to being competitive, it isn't even funny. MLB needs to get its' act together, or there will be no fans left at all in the near future.

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM

Glass claims he has a good head.......... I wonder if that was meant to be , He gives good head ?

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM
David's daddy told him to not throw stones in a Glass house .

Brock
05-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Fielding a team as Allard Baird would be a lot like in the sandlot days if one captain (say the Yankees) got to pick the first (best) 15 players including the best SS, CF, ptchers etc. EVERY GAME. Then Allard gets to be captain of the weak team with lesser quality players (let's call them the Royals). Not much different than MLB, really. Sure, you can expect Allard to do better than he has, and maybe occasionally beat the other teams in the same predicatment as the Royals (see Cleveland, Twins, Milwaukee etc.), but that is a far cry from being able to compete with all of the teams, every night, which is what should be happening.

Simply getting rid of Baird is such a small part of a return to being competitive, it isn't even funny. MLB needs to get its' act together, or there will be no fans left at all in the near future.

I don't expect the Royals to win a championship. I do expect them to be competitive, just like other "small market" teams are. They're a joke, and it isn't because of money.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
I don't expect the Royals to win a championship. I do expect them to be competitive, just like other "small market" teams are. They're a joke, and it isn't because of money.

That's where some of us differ. I refuse to go out and pay major league prices for minor league baseball, all the while directly financially supporting the Yankees, Red Sox and the other greedy owners who now have us over this barrell.

That's why God invented the T-Bones.

dirk digler
05-02-2006, 08:58 AM

I agree that MLB needs to change its revenue sharing and salary structure but right now baseball is getting popular again so I don't see any changes coming until the next CBA. If it was up to me they would have a NFL style salary cap and revenue sharing.

Allard Baird though is a horrible GM. The draft choices, trades and the free agent signings he has made have not worked. This team should be competive in this division but they are not even close. This years team was put together by Allard Baird NOT to lose 100 games and they are on their way to breaking MLB's record for futility.

dirk digler
05-02-2006, 09:00 AM
That's where some of us differ. I refuse to go out and pay major league prices for minor league baseball, all the while directly financially supporting the Yankees, Red Sox and the other greedy owners who now have us over this barrell.

You know what the funny thing is, the Yankees and the Red Sox are actually the ones supporting the Royals. How much did the Royals get this past offseason for the higher revenue teams? Wasn't it something like $20-30 million?

leviw
05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
I agree that MLB needs to change its revenue sharing and salary structure but right now baseball is getting popular again so I don't see any changes coming until the next CBA. If it was up to me they would have a NFL style salary cap and revenue sharing.

Allard Baird though is a horrible GM. The draft choices, trades and the free agent signings he has made have not worked. This team should be competive in this division but they are not even close. This years team was put together by Allard Baird NOT to lose 100 games and they are on their way to breaking MLB's record for futility.

In all fairness to Baird, this years team wasn't meant to have guys like Grudzielanek, Mientkiewicz and Sanders. Glass felt pressure to add vets to at least give off the impression that they were trying to compete now. Baird wanted to keep building around the young guys at all positions.

What's worse, though, is without those three, would we have even five wins?

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't disagree that Allard Baird has done a poor job. However, I am just not ready to accept being "competitive" in a division of weaklings as a goal. Until we can legitimatley compete for a World Series (as we did two decades ago) MLB (and the Royals) is a farce to me.

leviw
05-02-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't disagree that Allard Baird has done a poor job. However, I am just not ready to accept being "competitive" in a division of weaklings as a goal. Until we can legitimatley compete for a World Series (as we did two decades ago) MLB (and the Royals) is a farce to me.

The Central isn't exactly weak anymore.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
You know what the funny thing is, the Yankees and the Red Sox are actually the ones supporting the Royals. How much did the Royals get this past offseason for the higher revenue teams? Wasn't it something like $20-30 million?

Also realize that the Yankees and Sox profits last season (even with all of their "generosity" to temas such as the Royals) still far exceeded those for the Royals. Also, as I recallthe value of the Yanks and Sox franchises are many multiples of the Royals. Their perceived generosity helps them plenty.

Nzoner

I agree,we're getting a new minor league team in St Joe called the Blacksnakes,I figure if I need a baseball fix I'll just go there.It can't be any worse than the Royals,it's close to home and cheaper.

hawkchief
The Central isn't exactly weak anymore.

Except for Chicago, it is as weak as ever.

Brock
05-02-2006, 09:10 AM

Understood. But the reason they're not competitive is because of stupid baseball decisions.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Understood. But the reason they're not competitive is because of stupid baseball decisions.

Brock, we disagree on two points.

!. While Baird's moves can certainly be brought into question, with the disparity in dollars he is working with vis-a-vis large market clubs, who knows just how stupid his decisions have really been. GM's/teams with payroll budgets 5-6X times Allard's are going to be smarter, usually.

2. We define "competitive" much differently. If my team (the Royals) can't have a chance every night they take the field (in large part due to financial constraints) to me that is not competitive. There are fans like yourself, who consider them competitive as long as they can win a few against the Twins, Indians and Tigers every year, with no chance for any legitimate post-season aspirations or chances for success.

Fish
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM

So until the Royals win a World Series again, it will be a farce to you? You won't watch unless we have the best team in the league?

You've just accurately described yourself a bandwagon fan...... way to go dumbass.....

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 09:28 AM
So until the Royals win a World Series again, it will be a farce to you? You won't watch unless we have the best team in the league?

You've just accurately described yourself a bandwagon fan...... way to go dumbass.....

How many years of being PATHETIC, with not even an outside chance to win a game that means something in October do you need? I guess 20 isn't enough. I never said I needed the best team in the league, either. What I did say is that I want our team to be competitive against all others. If you can't or won't see the disparity created from greed that is MLB, that is your own problem. Keep spending your money and supporting the "sport" and team you are such a big fan of - you will just continue the paradigm and we will suck FOREVER!

banyon
05-02-2006, 09:35 AM
If we had a competent owner, Baird would've been fired at the end of last year and we would've hired the Marlins GM who already made it work in a small market.

Brock
05-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Brock, we disagree on two points.

!. While Baird's moves can certainly be brought into question, with the disparity in dollars he is working with vis-a-vis large market clubs, who knows just how stupid his decisions have really been. GM's/teams with payroll budgets 5-6X times Allard's are going to be smarter, usually.

2. We define "competitive" much differently. If my team (the Royals) can't have a chance every night they take the field (in large part due to financial constraints) to me that is not competitive. There are fans like yourself, who consider them competitive as long as they can win a few against the Twins, Indians and Tigers every year, with no chance for any legitimate post-season aspirations or chances for success.

What we disagree on is whether the Royals deserve a pass for sucking because they are small market. I say they don't. You say they do.

Fish
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
How many years of being PATHETIC, with not even an outside chance to win a game that means something in October do you need? I guess 20 isn't enough. I never said I needed the best team in the league, either. What I did say is that I want our team to be competitive against all others. If you can't or won't see the disparity created from greed that is MLB, that is your own problem. Keep spending your money and supporting the "sport" and team you are such a big fan of - you will just continue the paradigm and we will suck FOREVER!

Don't change your story now dipshit.... you said...

I am just not ready to accept being "competitive" in a division of weaklings as a goal. Until we can legitimatley compete for a World Series (as we did two decades ago) MLB (and the Royals) is a farce to me.

First you're not ready to accept being "competitive", and then when I call you out on it you say you want our team to be competitive....

Point proven.... whiny fairweather bandwagon fan....

I will support the Royals no matter how many games they lose.... no matter how bad the management screws up the team. Why? Because I remember what they meant to me when I was a kid. I remember what it was like when Dad took me to the Royals games in the 80s.... and I'm not about to boycott them now when they could really use the support. Yeah baseball isn't perfect... nobody is arguing that. And the Royals are pretty ugly right now. But you bitching in a BB thread isn't gonna help a damn thing.

Quit your bitchin and pick a team that is in the WS every other year if you don't like the way the Royals are playing. Trust me, they won't miss you a bit......

Brock
05-02-2006, 10:20 AM
I will support the Royals no matter how many games they lose.... no matter how bad the management screws up the team. .

They don't care if you do or not. Isn't that obvious?

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
What we disagree on is whether the Royals deserve a pass for sucking because they are small market. I say they don't. You say they do.

That is not what we disagree on. Show me how the Royals can compete for championships routinely with a payroll that is 20% of other teams. This is not about getting any type of pass, as you say. The reality is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. The Royals, regardless of who owns or manages them, don't hve the dollars to field a team that can legitimately compete with the big teams and won't have until their is a salary cap in MLB.

If anything, we idsagree on what level of suckiness is acceptable. You seem to be happy if the Royals can win 80 games a year and not be the worst team in baseball. Gee, what an aspiration.

hawkchief
05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Don't change your story now dipshit.... you said...

First you're not ready to accept being "competitive", and then when I call you out on it you say you want our team to be competitive....

Point proven.... whiny fairweather bandwagon fan....

I will support the Royals no matter how many games they lose.... no matter how bad the management screws up the team. Why? Because I remember what they meant to me when I was a kid. I remember what it was like when Dad took me to the Royals games in the 80s.... and I'm not about to boycott them now when they could really use the support. Yeah baseball isn't perfect... nobody is arguing that. And the Royals are pretty ugly right now. But you bitching in a BB thread isn't gonna help a damn thing.

Quit your bitchin and pick a team that is in the WS every other year if you don't like the way the Royals are playing. Trust me, they won't miss you a bit......

If your post had an ounce of logic, or made any sense, I might respond to it. When you are finished drinking, come back and try again.

Brock
05-02-2006, 11:06 AM
That is not what we disagree on. Show me how the Royals can compete for championships routinely with a payroll that is 20% of other teams. This is not about getting any type of pass, as you say. The reality is that you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit. The Royals, regardless of who owns or manages them, don't hve the dollars to field a team that can legitimately compete with the big teams and won't have until their is a salary cap in MLB.

If anything, we idsagree on what level of suckiness is acceptable. You seem to be happy if the Royals can win 80 games a year and not be the worst team in baseball. Gee, what an aspiration.

Apparently, the root of the disagreement is that you want to live in the land of make-believe where major league owners do what's best for the game. I, on the other hand, inhabit the land of reality, where I realize that's never going to happen. You've bought into the bullshit.

And yeah, I do think being mediocre is better than being the worst team in MLB history and a national joke, that is if anybody was paying attention.

chief2000
05-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Cleveland. Minnesota. Oakland.

Fish
05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
If your post had an ounce of logic, or made any sense, I might respond to it. When you are finished drinking, come back and try again.

Hey dipshit.... you did respond to it.....

http://www.dragonflytoys.com/images/products/55/T1144-C-A.gif

Here's a spoon.... eat my ass.....

sedated
05-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Over?

Did you say "over"?

Nothing is over until we decide it is!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!

And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...the tough get goin'!

Who's with me? Let's go!

Molitoth
05-02-2006, 01:18 PM
I am open to suggestions on what team I should start to follow

Red Sox is where it's at.