PDA

View Full Version : Willie Roaf at Gym at 10:30pm

Ari Chi3fs
05-01-2006, 11:24 PM
Just got back from my gym, and lo and behold, who is working out like a madman? Big Willie Roaf... at 10:30 at night, getting a workout in.

I like to see that. I didnt go up to him like a fanboy or anything, but I do give him major props for kicking ass and making himself better at 10 freaking 30 PM. That owns.

58-4ever
05-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Just got back from my gym, and lo and behold, who is working out like a madman? Big Willie Roaf... at 10:30 at night, getting a workout in.

I like to see that. I didnt go up to him like a fanboy or anything, but I do give him major props for kicking ass and making himself better at 10 freaking 30 PM. That owns.

If I ever buy a jersey, it would probably be a Roaf.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 11:29 PM
He is a stud, i remember back in the day when he wore glasses in his helmet haha.

I saw Eddie Kennison and his family at the royals home opener, gave him a nod and he nodded back, pretty cool, didn't wanna be a fan boy either.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Shit, I would have had Willie sign everything I could find, while I went home and got another pile of shit I could sell on Ebay.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Shit, I would have had Willie sign everything I could find, while I went home and got another pile of shit I could sell on Ebay.
I wonder how you sign a pile of shit though? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM

Saaaaa-wwwwwwww-eeeeeeeeeee-ttttttt!!!!

BTW, love the new username! :thumb:

:clap:

Dunit35
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
It must be cool as hell to run into players like that. I know you don't want to be a fan boy or anything, but you just got to want to real bad.

Sure-Oz
05-01-2006, 11:34 PM
I also remember running into Kimble Anders in my gym, friendly, but he was just riding a bike and yappin on the celly the whole time. Also Derrick Blaylock had a badass 350z but said it was his wife's. ROFL

|Zach|
05-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Yuck, you are that guy?

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:38 PM
It must be cool as hell to run into players like that. I know you don't want to be a fan boy or anything, but you just got to want to real bad.

You know, I think it depends.

I've spent a few days at TC in River Falls, each of the last 4 years. They are people just like you and me; just have a different talent or calling or whatever. I've taken my 10 yr old with me, each of the last 2 years....and we get autographs for him, and his 13 year old Tom-Boy niece who's become a big Chief fan, as a result of our camping trips to River Falls. I have ZERO interest in obtaining autographs, personally. I mean, none. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

KcMizzou
05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Yuck, you are that guy?Yeah, "that guy" is the main reason so many don't like to sign.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:44 PM
LOL actually, I have a friend that goes up to camp, has tons of signed shit and bugs the hell out of them. I am like dude, they play football-get over it. I have worked with Chiefs players, met a ton of them, and delt blackjack many times to stars. They are mostly regular guys.

Nicest
Trent Green
Len Dawson
Derrick Thomas
Deron Cherry-although he stiffed me on the house deal
Neil Smith
Steve Deberg
Marcus Allen
Dan Salemua

Biggest dicks
Nick Lowery
Tamarick Vanover
Kimble Anders
Elvis is the #1 biggest ass

KcMizzou
05-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Kimble? That surprises me.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh Tony G is a c#ck too, not as bad as Elvis.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, "that guy" is the main reason so many don't like to sign.
Yup. That is exactly right; most players will sign for the kids, if they have time....and if they don't suspect Dad will be tryin' to auction it off on E-Bay.

Will Sheilds? THAT is his policy.....kids to the front of the line; and, mysteriously, when he starts signing adult's requests.....he's done. Good for him, as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
Oh Tony G is a c#ck too, not as bad as Elvis.

Tony just needs to learn Will Shield's "system"......

Dunit35
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
I hang out with Monty Biesels brother all the time. Just drank with him this past weekend.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2006, 11:55 PM
I hang out with Monty Biesels brother all the time. Just drank with him this past weekend.

Do you have his autograph? ;)

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Is there a huge demand for unauthenticated ungraded, Will Shields stuff? Pretty jaded to assume someone is just trying to use your time for a profit.

Just like Tony G. You ain't that great! When your career is over, nobody will bug you anymore.

DT would sign for anyone at anytime, especially kids.

Halfcan
05-01-2006, 11:59 PM

I painted Dave Kreig's neighbors house once.

Dunit35
05-01-2006, 11:59 PM
Do you have his autograph? ;)

ROFL

Nope, but I'm sure I could get it. His brother had to retire from football because of a degenerative disk or however you spell it.

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Is there a huge demand for unauthenticated ungraded, Will Shields stuff? Pretty jaded to assume someone is just trying to use your time for a profit.

Just like Tony G. You ain't that great! When your career is over, nobody will bug you anymore.

DT would sign for anyone at anytime, especially kids.
I don't have any problems with Players blowing off autograph seekers...but, obviously, I couldn't care less.

I actually think it's kinda of funny, these "groupies" following the players around as if they are some God or something.....Kids, I can understand; adults? All those "autographed, for sale" mementos on E-Bay have made me even more cynical than I was. Which is saying a lot....:)

big nasty kcnut
05-02-2006, 12:06 AM
I've hang out with Dan Salemua in spokane when he was with the seahawks. Very nice guy.

|Zach|
05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
I don't have any problems with Players blowing off autograph seekers...but, obviously, I couldn't care less.

I actually think it's kinda of funny, these "groupies" following the players around as if they are some God or something.....Kids, I can understand; adults? All those "autographed, for sale" mementos on E-Bay have made me even more cynical than I was. Which is saying a lot....:)
Yup...

Chiefaholic
05-02-2006, 12:09 AM
I have a ton of autographs, but lost interest over the years. Last weekend I was more than happy to just shake Boomer Grigsby's hand and wish him luck next year. He signed for several people (primarily kids) who asked him during his personal time with him family.

Halfcan
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
I've hang out with Dan Salemua in spokane when he was with the seahawks. Very nice guy.

YEP what a great guy. I dealt Balck Jack, to him while he got shitface drunk, until 2:00 am. He is a riot and a class act. Oh and it was Sat night/ Sunday morning, before we played the Raiders at noon. He had a great game, which surprised me with all the beer he drank.

Rausch
05-02-2006, 12:35 AM

I like to see that.

Just guessing, but $#it like that might be why he's headed to the HOF...

Rausch
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
YEP what a great guy. I dealt Balck Jack, to him while he got shitface drunk, until 2:00 am. He is a riot and a class act. Oh and it was Sat night/ Sunday morning, before we played the Raiders at noon. He had a great game, which surprised me with all the beer he drank.

I almost got my ass kicked by big Dan.

I also learned that there's no state income tax in Washington and when you make millions that's a huge difference...

The Bad Guy
05-02-2006, 12:43 AM

And that's why athletes are dicks to autograph hounds.

Congratulations on being "that guy".

Rausch
05-02-2006, 12:45 AM
And that's why athletes are dicks to autograph hounds.

Congratulations on being "that guy".

Exactly.

Like what a pro athlete needs is another leech making money off him/her that they don't see anything from...

The Bad Guy
05-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Exactly.

Like what a pro athlete needs is another leech making money off him/her that they don't see anything from...

Best thing I ever saw.

There was this scumbag parasite up at NY Giants training camp about 3 years ago. I went up with my brother who is a huge Giants fan.

Anyway, he was 14 at the time and we were standing there watching Kerry Collins sign for all these kids. All of a sudden, he freaks out. Some guy is standing there with a checklist and a helmet in his other hand for Kerry to sign and Collins recognizes him from the previous year and all the stuff he signed for him ended up on Ebay. Well Collins threw a fit and started freaking out at the guy. The guy nearly pissed his pants and quivered in fear.

Collins goes to the guy afterword, what the hell, I'll sign your helmet. He writes "Go **** yourself" in big letters on it.

Hysterical stuff.

You have to be one sack of shit to make money on an autograph. I've been to River Falls twice and the ball and helmet I have autographed will never, ever be up for sale.

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2006, 12:53 AM
When I was a kid I enjoyed getting autographs. Now I really could care less. I still have the stuff I got as a kid (wouldn't ever get rid of it...Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, Len Dawson, etc.). But now where I don't really want autographs, I don't mind getting pics with them.

Since I left for college it's really changed though. The complex where I live has a lot of the UF athletes (many football, basketball). For the past 2 years the apartment below mine has 4 football players in it. The building next to mine is where Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taureen Green all live. Lee Humphrey lived in my building last year. Chris Leak lived here 2 years ago, etc. My roommates of the last 2 years brother is on the football team.

I see them all the time and all over, so it's really not a big deal anymore. They're just people and deal with a lot of the same things we all deal with.

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
BTW, going back to the original thread topic....can't Willie just workout at Arrowhead?

chefsos
05-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Best thing I ever saw.

There was this scumbag parasite up at NY Giants training camp about 3 years ago. I went up with my brother who is a huge Giants fan.

Anyway, he was 14 at the time and we were standing there watching Kerry Collins sign for all these kids. All of a sudden, he freaks out. Some guy is standing there with a checklist and a helmet in his other hand for Kerry to sign and Collins recognizes him from the previous year and all the stuff he signed for him ended up on Ebay. Well Collins threw a fit and started freaking out at the guy. The guy nearly pissed his pants and quivered in fear.

Collins goes to the guy afterword, what the hell, I'll sign your helmet. He writes "Go **** yourself" in big letters on it.

Hysterical stuff.

You have to be one sack of shit to make money on an autograph. I've been to River Falls twice and the ball and helmet I have autographed will never, ever be up for sale.
Now that's pretty cool, although I'm sure the Collins GFY helmet wound up on eBay anyway.

Dunit35
05-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Best thing I ever saw.

Hysterical stuff.

No kidding. When I actually get lucky enough to run into a sports star I try to get in autograph. Unless he is busy or something. I would never sell any of the autographs I have. Of course I only have like five.

I ran into our 7th round pick and his girlfriend one year at a hotel in KC (Maurice Rodriguez). He was in the hottub. I first met his girlfriend in the swimming pool and she was super hott (lol, her top was riding up a bit). Then we went to the elevator and she told me who she was and took me to meet him. I was only like 15, I think. All of the draft picks or something were in the same hotel as us that weekend and I totally missed out. They were in the lobby the night before playing PS2 and I walked right by them not even knowing who they were.

Ari Chi3fs
05-02-2006, 01:00 AM
BTW, going back to the original thread topic....can't Willie just workout at Arrowhead?

When you live in OP... Im thinking convenience is most important. Driving 25 miles to Arrowhead at 10:30pm probably would be a deterent to my motivation, what about you? WOuld you drive 25-30 minutes to go workout? Or 2-5 minutes?

Rausch
05-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Best thing I ever saw.

Hysterical stuff.

I knew I was a Kerry Collins fan for a reason.

You have to admire a good "go **** yerself" moment...

Rausch
05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
No kidding. When I actually get lucky enough to run into a sports star I try to get in autograph. Unless he is busy or something. I would never sell any of the autographs I have.

Ditto.

My daughter will get all my $#it AFTER, and ONLY after she's been completely introduced and well versed in the game of football.

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Best thing I ever saw.

Hysterical stuff.

Funny chit. Collins "stock" just rose a bit....a good bit....in my eyes. ROFLROFLROFL

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
When you live in OP... Im thinking convenience is most important. Driving 25 miles to Arrowhead at 10:30pm probably would be a deterent to my motivation, what about you? WOuld you drive 25-30 minutes to go workout? Or 2-5 minutes?

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the area. Just figured he might prefer the privacy.

CoMoChief
05-02-2006, 01:11 AM
I thought Neil Smith was an ass. My dad saw him arguing with this woman at a gas station over something like he needed THAT pump for some reason and she took it and he pulled the "you know who I am" thing and being a woman she said "no" and then he got pissed about it or something like that. That was a while ago.

Moooo
05-02-2006, 01:16 AM
LOL actually, I have a friend that goes up to camp, has tons of signed shit and bugs the hell out of them. I am like dude, they play football-get over it. I have worked with Chiefs players, met a ton of them, and delt blackjack many times to stars. They are mostly regular guys.

Nicest
Trent Green
Len Dawson
Derrick Thomas
Deron Cherry-although he stiffed me on the house deal
Neil Smith
Steve Deberg
Marcus Allen
Dan Salemua

Biggest dicks
Nick Lowery
Tamarick Vanover
Kimble Anders
Elvis is the #1 biggest ass

I know this is a Chiefs thread, but can anyone say George Brett? I was at a charity game getting an autograph when I was 8 (yes, 8), and he told me to get the f*ck out of his face! I don't care what sort of mood you're in, a PERSON doesn't say that to an 8 year-old.

I do think its great someone who doesn't have to prove himself at all (multiple pro-bowler in quite possibly his last season) is still bringing harder than probably half the people 10 years younger.
I'm also amazed he doesn't train at the team weightroom.

Moooo

CoMoChief
05-02-2006, 01:18 AM
I know this is a Chiefs thread, but can anyone say George Brett? I was at a charity game getting an autograph when I was 8 (yes, 8), and he told me to get the f*ck out of his face! I don't care what sort of mood you're in, a PERSON doesn't say that to an 8 year-old.

Moooo

I dont know it all depends. Yes that was a very asshole thing to do to you especially when youre 8yrs old. I've met the guy on a few occasions personally. He's really good friends with my buddy's dad and he's been over at their house when I've been over there. He's nice in person behind closed doors I guess you'd say but from what I hear from many people his perception to public is that he's a huge asshole.

KChiefsQT
05-02-2006, 02:26 AM
I drive 20 minutes to the gym and it's not soooo bad. Kind of ironic that I spend way more money on gas driving back and fourth then I do on my actual membership fees. :shake:

KChiefsQT
05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
... and one more thing: if someone would cut me a check for half... shit a quarter of the amount these guys make I would sign autographs for anyone/anytime...almost anywhere BUT not at the gym, the worst thing anyone can do is interupt me during a workout. I hate that shit!

Rausch
05-02-2006, 02:29 AM
I thought Neil Smith was an ass.

He is.

**** 'em...

Moooo
05-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Convenience makes sense. But hell for that matter you could have an amazing freeweight gym in your home for $100,000, probably less. Its kinda cool to hear that a multiple pro-bowler still is in touch with who he is enough to go to a gym instead of just having his own and staying in his house. He seems like the kind of guy who you might see rolling through the Drive Thru at Hardee's :-)

Moooo

ZootedGranny
05-02-2006, 02:37 AM
The Chiefs nearly traded up with the Jets to get D'Brick, just so Willie could feast on his soul, further extending his career.

Props to Willie, the dude is a ****in beast.

HMc
05-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Serious question. Why is he getting loads of love for working out at 10:30 pm? Why does it draw more respect than working out at 7:30am?

el borracho
05-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Soooooooo.... what excercises was he doing?

el borracho
05-02-2006, 03:00 AM
P.S. Instead of any autograph or superfan conversation I think I would have asked him to spot me for a set. That would be more valuable than an autograph to me.

KChiefsQT
05-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Serious question. Why is he getting loads of love for working out at 10:30 pm? Why does it draw more respect than working out at 7:30am?
Cause hes BIG WILLIE. Duhhhhhhh

alanm
05-02-2006, 03:18 AM
When I was a kid I enjoyed getting autographs. Now I really could care less. I still have the stuff I got as a kid (wouldn't ever get rid of it...Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, Len Dawson, etc.). But now where I don't really want autographs, I don't mind getting pics with them.

Since I left for college it's really changed though. The complex where I live has a lot of the UF athletes (many football, basketball). For the past 2 years the apartment below mine has 4 football players in it. The building next to mine is where Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taureen Green all live. Lee Humphrey lived in my building last year. Chris Leak lived here 2 years ago, etc. My roommates of the last 2 years brother is on the football team.

I see them all the time and all over, so it's really not a big deal anymore. They're just people and deal with a lot of the same things we all deal with.
Does their poop stink? ROFL

HMc
05-02-2006, 03:33 AM

With all the protein powders and other suplements they eat, their farts and sh.t, well, smell like sh.t.

Inspector
05-02-2006, 07:16 AM
I thought Neil Smith was an ass. My dad saw him arguing with this woman at a gas station over something like he needed THAT pump for some reason and she took it and he pulled the "you know who I am" thing and being a woman she said "no" and then he got pissed about it or something like that. That was a while ago.

heh...Neil Smith bought my house that I sold in 1999. Actually, a extremely hot 27 year old girl bought it with a check from Neil's account. She drove a new mercedes on one visit and a Navigator on another.

So, this 27 year old girl buys a 4000 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, 4 car garage house to live in by herself.

With Neil's money.

He must really be a nice generous guy.

Skip Towne
05-02-2006, 07:38 AM
I can't believe the Ain'ts let us have this guy. I know Willie wanted out of NO but damn!

Amnorix
05-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Kudos to Roaf, but honestly, I think nearly all NFL players are working out very hard all year 'round. This ain't the old days. If you're NOT doing it, then your chances of sticking in the league are pretty slim.

And it's probably fair to say that any player over 30 is definitely a pretty big gym rat, or else they would pretty much immediately fall off the cliff performance-wise.

The NFL ain't August-January anymore, that's for darn sure.

FAX
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
That's really good to hear about Roaf, Mr. Hali Chi3fs. I hope he was working the lower body.

FAX

Rain Man
05-02-2006, 09:04 AM

Seinfeld reruns are on at 10:30. Duh.

Rain Man
05-02-2006, 09:09 AM
It really annoyed me during the draft that the talking heads were comparing D'Brickashaw to "the best" and mentioning Ogden, Pace, Boselli, etc., and Willie Roaf wasn't mentioned once. Tony Boselli stands out in Willie's yard now as a lawn ornament, and Ogden and Pace wax his car every Sunday.

FAX
05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
It really annoyed me during the draft that the talking heads were comparing D'Brickashaw to "the best" and mentioning Ogden, Pace, Boselli, etc., and Willie Roaf wasn't mentioned once. Tony Boselli stands out in Willie's yard now as a lawn ornament, and Ogden and Pace wax his car every Sunday.

If that's the case, I'm glad I had the sound down on my TV, Mr. Rain Man.

I've always held the belief that our team and our players aren't acknowledged by the pundits as much as others are. I vacillate between thinking that it's just in my mind and that it's actually a fact.

Today, I'm going with fact.

FAX

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2006, 09:41 AM

want me to get you a sample? most people want autographs, but whatever makes you happy...

actually, considering where they eat (uf gives them the on-campus meal plan), probably moreso than most.

DaKCMan AP
05-02-2006, 09:42 AM

the clubs aren't open at 7:30am

Rain Man
05-02-2006, 09:50 AM
want me to get you a sample? most people want autographs, but whatever makes you happy...

Scatograph collecting is a growing hobby, due to its low cost and the fact that each sample is unique.

Celebrities like it, too. The nice thing is that you don't have to bother the celebrity. All you have to do is be the next person in the stall after they come out.

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2006, 10:43 AM

Another way to look at it is that D'Brick and the others mentioned don't even compare. Roaf's is in the Tony Munoz, Art Shell, Forrest Gregg league of badasses

Iowanian
05-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm glad he's working out, but I'm less concerned with the time he chooses to do it.

I'll wager he's not there at 10:30 because he's so dedicated, but more than likely so less people are there to screw with him when he's squatting that dumptruck.