PDA

View Full Version : Flush another 11 mil down the toilet...

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 08:07 AM
Sweeney out again (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14477193.htm)

Our lovable DH once again has hurt his back. I'd be lying if I said I was shocked. ROFL

morphius
05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
What, did that find that yellow streak down his back again?

pussy.

StcChief
05-02-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm retracting the 50 wins this year.

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 08:18 AM
What, did that find that yellow streak down his back again?

pussy.
:clap:

“it felt like a lightning bolt going through my shoulder and down my (left) arm. “Before my at-bat, it felt pretty tight up in my left trap(ezius). But it just felt like I needed a massage. Then the lightning bolt hit.”

I think that is God's way of telling you that he doesn't even want you to follow him. I'm sick of pussies like this guy getting paid 1/4 of the teams yearly payroll only to sit on the DL 40 games a year. Do people not realize that Mike Sweeney is one of the major problems with the Royals???

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 08:25 AM
Meh, it's only money. Money that greedy ball players cherish so much. After all, he probally wanted more money,ya know, just in case this one is career threatning.

Don't ya just love it ...........

ROYC75
05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm retracting the 50 wins this year.

ROFL

morphius
05-02-2006, 08:27 AM
:clap:

I think that is God's way of telling you that he doesn't even want you to follow him. I'm sick of pussies like this guy getting paid 1/4 of the teams yearly payroll only to sit on the DL 40 games a year. Do people not realize that Mike Sweeney is one of the major problems with the Royals???
Seriously they need to take away the guys "C" and tell him he isn't getting it back, then let the press give him the nickname of "hangnail" until it is nearly impossible for him to get a good contract after he leaves here.

Maybe just drop him a hint, all professional athletes feel pain, if it didn't wear on your body some nobody would pay you that much. Have you seen Willie Roaf walk?

Seriously, it is hard to care about the Royals when they pick guys like this as their Captain, at least pick the guy who is willing to play everyday.

sedated
05-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Injuries are not his fault. He's just fragile, it happens.

That being said, he needs to give back some of that $$.

If you only play half the year, you should only get half your cash.

(Guaranteed contracts - ain't baseball great?)

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I loved the highlight on ESPN last night... as Sweeney swung the anchor ( I forget which one) said... "fragile."

nice.

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I guess the part that frustrates me the most is that I still go out to the ballgames and support these guys. I still watch most of the games on RSTN. I see these Yankees Red Sox games on ESPN and wish that the Royals could be half as exciting to watch. We never will be until until the front office stops handing money to weakling players who are solely in it for the money, rather than trying to accomplish what should be the goal of every team, a World Series title. I'm not sure there is one guy out there in a Royals uniform who lays it on the line game in, game out because he wants to win. John Buck would be the closest, because although he's an average player at best, he busts his ass every play and appears to give it his all for 9 innings.

Reerun_KC
05-02-2006, 09:59 AM
should of kept Beltran!

why spend all this money on this clown? He cant produce nor play. Typical Royals move.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-02-2006, 10:13 AM
The Royals are the two worst things that you can be in baseball, cheap and stupid. This is no surprise. Sweeney hasn't had a meaningful hit since he speared that pitcher from Detroit after charging the mound a few years ago.

beavis
05-02-2006, 10:14 AM
should of kept Beltran!

why spend all this money on this clown? He cant produce nor play. Typical Royals move.
Good call, because we all know Beltran was begging to say in KC! :rolleyes:

banyon
05-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Seriously they need to take away the guys "C" and tell him he isn't getting it back, then let the press give him the nickname of "hangnail" until it is nearly impossible for him to get a good contract after he leaves here.

Maybe just drop him a hint, all professional athletes feel pain, if it didn't wear on your body some nobody would pay you that much. Have you seen Willie Roaf walk?

Seriously, it is hard to care about the Royals when they pick guys like this as their Captain, at least pick the guy who is willing to play everyday.

Amen. :clap:

Reaper16
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
The Royals have two options here:
1. Promote Guiel to start in the OF, while Stairs does the DH duties.

2. Promote Justin Huber; at this point, Huber won't leave big leagues for a long time. He's ready.

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 11:05 AM
The Royals have two options here:
1. Promote Guiel to start in the OF, while Stairs does the DH duties.

2. Promote Justin Huber; at this point, Huber won't leave big leagues for a long time. He's ready.

Answers:

1. Baird has it out for Guiel. The guy does nothing but produce in AAA and has produced at the big league level, yet doesn't even get his ass sniffed by Baird.

2. This does not fall within the plan. We must stick to the plan or else the plan will not work.

Bowser
05-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Answers:

1. Baird has it out for Guiel. The guy does nothing but produce in AAA and has produced at the big league level, yet doesn't even get his ass sniffed by Baird.

2. This does not fall within the plan. We must stick to the plan or else the plan will not work.

There's a plan? A positive one?

Reaper16
05-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Answers:

The option that makes the most sense is brining up Guiel. We might have the worst outfield in major league history when Sanders isn't playing. Brown/German/Robinson is a terrible joke. Baird needs to have brought up Gueil ten minutes ago, and I'm not even a Guiel fan.

58-4ever
05-02-2006, 11:10 AM
When was the last time we had a good starting pitcher OR a reliable hitter. I hate this team sooooooo much. Even if we do rush Butler, Gordon, Lubanski, and Huber, we'd still lose 12-10 instead of 12-3.

Reaper16
05-02-2006, 11:12 AM
When was the last time we had a good starting pitcher OR a reliable hitter. I hate this team sooooooo much. Even if we do rush Butler, Gordon, Lubanski, and Huber, we'd still lose 12-10 instead of 12-3.
There's no way in Hell we can afford to rush Gordon and Butler. Lubanski isn't anywhere close to being ML ready. Huber, his bat especially, is ready, but more AAA time can't hurt him.

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 11:58 AM
There's a plan? A positive one?

Apparently you've never heard an interview with Mr. Baird. He mentions the plan at least twice a sentence.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2006, 12:10 PM
On a mostly unrelated note... I wonder if Johnny Damon even remembers playing in KC...

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 01:04 PM
On a mostly unrelated note... I wonder if Johnny Damon even remembers playing in KC...

I remember when I was a kid, I waited after a game to get his autograph. I think it was his first year in the bigs. All I remember is his wife at the time sitting in the car bitching at the top of her lungs. Why I remember that, I dont' know. But I can still picture her yelling "Johnny, get in the car, you can't please everybody". Even as a kid, I wondered how he could put up with that crap.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
I remember when I was a kid, I waited after a game to get his autograph. I think it was his first year in the bigs. All I remember is his wife at the time sitting in the car bitching at the top of her lungs. Why I remember that, I dont' know. But I can still picture her yelling "Johnny, get in the car, you can't please everybody". Even as a kid, I wondered how he could put up with that crap.
...bitches

tk13
05-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Answers:

We have exposed Guiel to waivers more than once, yet nobody has picked him up. I like Guiel but I don't understand at what point he turned into a baseball God.

RockChalk
05-02-2006, 02:53 PM
I do not believe Guiel is a baseball God. I think he is a steady ballplayer who goes out there and gives it everything he has got. You can't say that for about 23 of the players on the current roster.

sedated
05-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Might as well give Huber a chance.

The youth movement begins again...

Jayhawkerman2001
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
The Royals are the two worst things that you can be in baseball, cheap and stupid. This is no surprise. Sweeney hasn't had a meaningful hit since he speared that pitcher from Detroit after charging the mound a few years ago.

Hey by the way, does anybody have the video of sweeney doing that? Ive wanted to show it to my wife, because it was just about the funniest thing ive ever seen in my entire life. Sweeney went ape shit on that guy.