PDA

View Full Version : So who got the better DE, KC or Denver?

CupidStunt
05-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Tamba Hali vs Scrub Dumervill.

:rolleyes:

ChiefsfaninPA
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Not trying to have my homer glasses on or anything, but I think we do hands down.

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2006, 02:21 PM
If anyone hasn't seen the video of Hali....you should.

Click on the little "camera" by Hali's name:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=12

:eek:

Anyone who poo-poos the Dwight Freeney comparisons after watching that thing, needs their head examined.....:shake:

(The only thing other than Hali's versatility and domination that I noticed was.....boy, Wisconsin's offensive line, must have REALLY sucked.....bad....)

ChiefsfaninPA
05-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Now I also say this without having my PSU homer glasses on but I watched this kid play for the last couple of years (when PSU had a dominate D and a pathetic offense, a reverse of the Chiefs) and I beleive that he is the real deal. I beleive by the end of the season we will all be happy with this pick.

Fish
05-02-2006, 02:27 PM
(The only thing other than Hali's versatility and domination that I noticed was.....boy, Wisconsin's offensive line, must have REALLY sucked.....bad....)

Yeah... I noticed that too.... and I have to admit it scared me a little at first thinking his highlights all came from 1 awesome game...... but I have since came to the conclusion that this kid has skills and the Chiefs know what they're doing drafting him at #20

Mr. Kotter
05-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah... I noticed that too.... and I have to admit it scared me a little at first thinking his highlights all came from 1 awesome game...... but I have since came to the conclusion that this kid has skills and the Chiefs know what they're doing drafting him at #20

I think those highlights were a career compilation.....but, a lot of those highlights came against Wisconsin. I just don't remember them having an AWFUL line for the past 3-4 years.....:hmmm:

chiefsfaninNC
05-02-2006, 03:31 PM

I think you are the first one in years to say the chiefs know what they are doing in the draft. Started drinking a little early today?

HerculesRockefell
05-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Well since we're taking draft position and "value" into the equation for QB, gotta take it for DE too. I'll take the DE who was a 1st Team All America and had 20 sacks last season that was picked in the bottom half of the 4th.

Mr. Laz
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Anyone who poo-poos the Dwight Freeney comparisons after watching that thing, needs their head examined.....:shake:
i don't think he's like Freeney as much as he is like Jevon kearse.

freeney is a bowling ball ... Hali is more like a huge linebacker, like Kearse imo.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2006, 03:53 PM

The one Wisconsin tackle is projected as the 2nd overall pick in next year's draft.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Just remember, with Herm and his scouting crew, they drafted so many different good defensive players for the Buccaneers and some other teams that started right away, so i think they know what they're doing.