PDA

View Full Version : Is Priest #2....

luv
05-03-2006, 01:46 AM
....is he still on the injured list, did he retire...? What's up with him?

58-4ever
05-03-2006, 01:48 AM

still playing the waiting game. My guess: retired.

CHENZ A!
05-03-2006, 01:57 AM

Priest will play.. he is mysterious like your avatar.

Deberg_1990
05-03-2006, 02:01 AM
He will play. He will be the best # 2 back in the NFL

chefsos
05-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Carl and Herm are planning on Priest being here, as #2 to LJ. At least, that's what they're saying. Hard to say what they really know. And of course, as always, NOBODY knows what Priest is thinking.

Vague enough for ya?

KcMizzou
05-03-2006, 02:03 AM
He will play. He will be the best # 2 back in the NFLYeah, pretty much.

luv
05-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Carl and Herm are planning on Priest being here, as #2 to LJ. At least, that's what they're saying. Hard to say what they really know. And of course, as always, NOBODY knows what Priest is thinking.

Vague enough for ya?
Yep.

I just haven't heard anything on him in awhile. I thought maybe I missed something. I just wanted to make sure I didn't.

chefsos
05-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Yep.

I just haven't heard anything on him in awhile. I thought maybe I missed something. I just wanted to make sure I didn't.
Well, I haven't heard any news recently either. I think he still has some followup visits to the doctor(s), but this is one of the multitude of things I'm not so sure about.

HMc
05-03-2006, 02:12 AM
I would be very surprisedif he played, after they dropped his salary to the minimum.

CoMoChief
05-03-2006, 02:13 AM

He's still a top RB in this league when healthy. I'd only rank these RB's ahead of him.

L.Johnson
Tomlinson
Alexander
James (well not anymore with the team hes on now)
Barber
REGGIE BUSH!!! :D

Guru
05-03-2006, 02:14 AM
I would be very surprisedif he played, after they dropped his salary to the minimum.

Didn't ya hear? He is playing for love of the game....

Demonpenz
05-03-2006, 02:14 AM
i want him to go one more time. Give him the send out he deserves. My guess he is done though. Little guy isn't very tough. Gets injured too often.

CHENZ A!
05-03-2006, 02:18 AM

Yo, are you able to see the games "live" on TV in Australia? just curious.

Wilson8
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
The Chiefs actions indicate that he is coming back. They did not draft a running back. They only signed one college free agent. At the beginning of the college free agent period, there were 3 or 4 good choices they could have signed. There’s been no rumor or sightings of running back free agents associated with the Chiefs. Maybe the Chiefs know of a running back that will be released in June that they will try to get. Maybe Griffin or Dee Brown is their choice for a backup.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Terry Shea said last night on 38 the spot he expects him to be back and in training camp if he is healthy.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Priest is done.

ExtremeChief
05-03-2006, 09:27 AM
I think if he was coming back he would have confirmed that a long time ago. He's just jumping from doctor to doctor to try to find one to tell him he needs to retire, IMO.

HMc
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Yo, are you able to see the games "live" on TV in Australia? just curious.

Hmm. Chiefs games - generally not. We get like two Fox games per week (so if they appear nationally on Fox then there's a good chance).

If they're on ESPN or ABC then yes, we do. Whether we're gonna get the NBC sunday games, i'm not sure. But i'd wager not.

So basically CBS games we don't get at all, until the playoffs when it gets even more confusing.

All my Chiefs viewing is courtesy DRU.

greg63
05-03-2006, 11:13 AM
If he plays; the question will be: for what AFC West opponent.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I think priest should ocme back if healthy, he still would get solid touches nad he is very dangerous dumping hte ball off too, we could use him for a run, LJ will need rest.

vailpass
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Priest is done.
IIRC if Priest can get himself declared medically uanble to perform he stands to gain monetarily. Do you know the details?

InChiefsHell
05-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Priest will be back. He'll hem and haw all through training camp, and then make a dramatic entrance right before the season. Then he'll get 10 carries in one game, go for 75 yards and a touchdown. And he'll say, "I told you I wasn't done..."

...then if the Chiefs go to the SB, he'll be hell and gone after this season.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 12:27 PM
IIRC if Priest can get himself declared medically uanble to perform he stands to gain monetarily. Do you know the details?

injury settlement vs. retirement

One allows him to keep his signing bonus, the other makes him pay some of it back

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Priest will be back. He'll hem and haw all through training camp, and then make a dramatic entrance right before the season. Then he'll get 10 carries in one game, go for 75 yards and a touchdown. And he'll say, "I told you I wasn't done..."

...then if the Chiefs go to the SB, he'll be hell and gone after this season.

People close to Priest say he hasn't been working out like in year's past. Priest has always been a workout warrior, we've seen the films. If he's not working out, he doesn't plan on playing.

milkman
05-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Is Priest #2

No.

He's #31. :p

greg63
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
No.

He's #31. :p

ROFL

Good answer.

vailpass
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM
People close to Priest say he hasn't been working out like in year's past. Priest has always been a workout warrior, we've seen the films. If he's not working out, he doesn't plan on playing.

Yes, thanks. Now I remember. So Priest is faced with a choice between obtaining a medical exemption and retiring with full bonus $$ or having to workout, go through training camp, risk his already injured neck to play a back-up role for a reduced salary that is relatively chump change?

Seems like he'd be working damn hard to get that medical exemption right about now.

chagrin
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Number one, I order you to take a number two!

greg63
05-03-2006, 12:55 PM

Make it so; now.

InChiefsHell
05-03-2006, 01:48 PM

WHO...DOES...NUMBER 2...WORK FOR?!?!?!

InChiefsHell
05-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Well, that sucks if it is the case. But, I still say Priest has a flair for the dramatic, hell we had drama every offseason with the man. I'd still not be surprised at all if he comes back, but in such a way that he gets plenty of attention for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Priest. But he is a PR genious.

htismaqe
05-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Well, that sucks if it is the case. But, I still say Priest has a flair for the dramatic, hell we had drama every offseason with the man. I'd still not be surprised at all if he comes back, but in such a way that he gets plenty of attention for it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Priest. But he is a PR genious.

There's no good PR that comes out of it at this point. Priest is clearly a backup to Larry Johnson.

His flair for the dramatic worked in his favor when he was a starter, now it will just make him seem like a bitter veteran who lost their job...

Short Leash Hootie
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
I doubt it. Priest was very mediocre last year.

greg63
05-03-2006, 04:45 PM

I thought for the half of the season he played he was productive up until the time he got hurt, and that is the problem with Priest; he is injury prone. I like Priest and I hope that he goes ahead and retires; I'd rather see him walk away from the game rather then wheel away from it.

Sure-Oz
05-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Can you name another #2 back that will do better, i really can't. If priest is healthy and capable of what hes doing he'll succeed. SCreen pass the shit out of him!

blueballs
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
he will play WR