PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article on Ty Law and the Chiefs

Alphaman
05-03-2006, 06:24 AM
This article does not claim he's coming to KC, only takes a look at what he could do for the Chiefs and what the Chiefs have that would interest him.

Is there help in the Law? (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/527277.html)

58-4ever
05-03-2006, 06:59 AM
This article does not claim he's coming to KC, only takes a look at what he could do for the Chiefs and what the Chiefs have that would interest him.

Is there help in the Law? (http://chiefs.scout.com/2/527277.html)

Screw you buddy!
:banghead: :cuss:

Scaga
05-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Screw it.....
I've been riding the fence on the "LAW" issue most of the offseason. I've come to the decision he's worth the money. Let's face it, we've got a legitamate chance to do something THIS year with a decent defense. We're going to be REBUILDING here pretty quick. Why not go for broke.

JMO

dirk digler
05-03-2006, 07:19 AM
If I wanted to read that shit I would go over there and read it.

:mad:

Rooster
05-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Screw it.....
I've been riding the fence on the "LAW" issue most of the offseason. I've come to the decision he's worth the money. Let's face it, we've got a legitamate chance to do something THIS year with a decent defense. We're going to be REBUILDING here pretty quick. Why not go for broke.

JMO

I agree. I have always been on the fence too but what the hell let's do it. Let Law and Surtain do there thing and turn the dogs loose on the QB. Maybe Bell will come around if he can rush the QB.

Then again I am sounding like a homer. Must be the off season. :p

StcChief
05-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Law talked before about wanting to play opposite Surtain...

Talk is cheap Law dog. Time to put up or shut up.

milkman
05-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Screw it.....

JMO

Are we really going to be rebuilding?

Chiefs drafted a legitimate QBOTF candidate in Brodie Croyle.
They have young receivers in Parker and Thorpe with talent and potential.
They have young O-Linemen who could be ready to step in in a year or two, to replace Roaf, Shields, and Wiegman when they retire.

And there's LJ.

In DJ, Kawika, Allen, and hopefully Hali, they are beginning to get some pieces together for a D.

This isn't going to be a rebuilding project.
This is a team they may finally be building the right way.

ct
05-03-2006, 07:50 AM

They have young O-Linemen who could be ready to step in in a year or two, to replace Roaf, Shields, and Wiegman when they retire.

And there's LJ.

In DJ, Kawika, Allen, and hopefully Hali, they are beginning to get some pieces together for a D.

Amen brutha!

Scaga
05-03-2006, 07:55 AM

And there's LJ.

Sure it is....
There is NO way these young guys are going to replace Shields, Road, Green, ect. within a couple of years. Why not give these guys one legitamate shot at winning something? We've got the cash NOW to make this happen.

I just don't want to start this "wait till next year" crap that we've done for so long.

Again, it's just MY opinion. WTF do I know?

milkman
05-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Sure it is....
There is NO way these young guys are going to replace Shields, Road, Green, ect. within a couple of years. Why not give these guys one legitamate shot at winning something? We've got the cash NOW to make this happen.

I just don't want to start this "wait till next year" crap that we've done for so long.

Again, it's just MY opinion. WTF do I know?

My post isn't directed at your opinion of whether we should sign Law.

On that issue, I could really care less, since I don't believe that he's the missing piece to the SB puzzle.

My post is only to sugggest that this team will not be in the position of having to go into full blown rebuild when the old guys retire.

Scaga
05-03-2006, 08:07 AM
My post is only to sugggest that this team will not be in the position of having to go into full blown rebuild when the old guys retire.

Agreed.
I don't think we'll be completely rebuilding, rather the young guys won't be able to perform at the Super Bowl level (offensively) within the next couple of years.

I'm not really that big of a T.L. fan, but I'm sure he could really help the young guys progress while giving us a better chance of winning NOW. I know we can't pay him 7-8 mil to be an aging safety two years from now.

Cochise
05-03-2006, 08:08 AM
More Athan tripe?

Chiefnj
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
More Athan tripe?

No. Somebody else wrote it. It's actually not that interesting, same old Law stuff - he still puts up good numbers, could be a good teacher for younger players, he and Herm like each other, but he would cost a lot of money. Nothing new.

Woodrow Call
05-03-2006, 08:19 AM
More Athan tripe?

We reported this weeks ago. I am a god.

Sincerly
Nick Athan

Deberg_1990
05-03-2006, 08:33 AM
I think you all know my feelings. I want some LAW and i want it NOW! I wanted him last year as well. Surtain + Law would be outstanding. Gunther would be able to "Release the Hounds" on the QB with thosew two back there blanketing recievers. This team can be a true contender this year with Law. I honestly beleive that.

brent102fire
05-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Titans | Team to visit with T. Law
Wed, 3 May 2006 06:29:56 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent CB Ty Law (Jets) will visit with the Tennessee Titans sometime next week. "What we'll do is bring him in, give him a physical and let him visit with the coaches and see exactly where we are,'' Titans' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I don't know what our chances might be (of signing Law), but it's worth an attempt. We'll spend some time with him and see.'' Law has a big price tag, however, and right now the Titans don't have much money to work with. They could free up at cap money by releasing or trading QB Steve McNair. If the Titans can't sign Law, Reese said, the Titans still plan to add a veteran free agent cornerback at some point.

CP will low-ball Law and he will end up in Tennessee... :banghead: :shake: :cuss: :mad:

Alphaman
05-04-2006, 05:34 AM
CP will low-ball Law and he will end up in Tennessee... :banghead: :shake: :cuss: :mad:

This will be interesting to watch. The Titans do not have either of the two things Law wants:

1) Money

2) A legitimate shot at the superbowl

The Titans are around $500K under the cap right now. McNair currently counts about $9M against the cap. Even if they release or trade him, his accelerated bonus money will be very high, so they would really only gain the money necessary to sign their draft picks.