PDA

View Full Version : Q Griffin and the Chiefs running game!

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Just meet Q Griff today. I talked to him for a few minutes, when he said his name-I said "Yeah we just got a new RB with that name."

He said-"Yep thats me.

All I can say, is he goes at the top of the list for nice pro players I have met. He is a very well spoken, funny, smart guy. A few comments for you guys.

How do you like KC?

QG-feels like home! KC is a great place to live, and the folks are really nice and down to earth.

Are you excited to run behind the best O-line in the league?

QG- yes should be very exciting, looking forward to playing with those guys.

I said, "I am glad to get ya, you tore us up last year."

QG-definately a big change, but the fans here are incredible, and he basically feels like it is going to be a great year.

I said-just wait until you get to play at Arrowhead (as a Chief)-I think you are going to love it, coming out to the cheers. As a fan it is awesome to see a game there, but must be unreal as a player.

QG-Yes very pumped, we should have a talented team!!

I will be talking to him again on Friday-so I will try to ask a few more questions-without seeming like a fanboy.

NewChief
05-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Be sure to bring lots of stuff for him to autograph. ;)

Dunit35
05-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Seems like a good guy. I like him now.

nychief
05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Is he your AA sponsor, or are you his?

kcfanXIII
05-03-2006, 08:18 PM
i was happy to hear we got him. could be a good change of pace back, like turner or sprolles with sd. help keep LJ in good shape.

chefsos
05-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I will be talking to him again on Friday-so I will try to ask a few more questions-without seeming like a fanboy.
Might I suggest printing this out and asking which he prefers?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98685&page=1&pp=40

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Whip his ass for that game two years ago, then tell him it's nothing personal, but no one puts down the Chiefs like that w/o retribution.

CoMoChief
05-03-2006, 08:45 PM
You should have said "HAHA, you wont play one snap douchebag!!!"

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2006, 08:50 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Iowanian
05-03-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm sure he was a nice guy, but with a little luck, he won't see Sept in a Chiefs Uniform unless its practice squad for insurance.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Might I suggest printing this out and asking which he prefers?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98685&page=1&pp=40

If the people making fun of him met him-I doubt they would be posting that stuff. He has nothing but respect for Chiefs fans-"best in the league"

dj56dt58
05-03-2006, 08:59 PM
QG is aweseome..I loved watching him play for OU. He works his ass off and will do nothing but good for KC. Very glad to have him

Skip Towne
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Carl just got him cause he's cheap. If he is our backup RB, we're in trouble if LJ goes down.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Be sure to bring lots of stuff for him to autograph. ;)

I don't like being one that brings up old, bad memories, but the last time I read one of your threads things were going very bad in your life. I hope you have found some peace and closure.

Ari Chi3fs
05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
But was he at the gym at 10:30 pm? NO.

Step aside and let the man go through... let the man go through.

listopencil
05-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I think you guys will like him a lot. The guy has great speed and is shifty as hell, he just couldn't seem to break a tackle. But the guy is all heart.

nychief
05-03-2006, 09:19 PM

Jesus, just because you troll Bathhouses, er, I mean "the gym" at 10:30 at night - do you have to rub everybodies nose in it?

Rausch
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Carl just got him cause he's cheap. If he is our backup RB, we're in trouble if LJ goes down.

I'd give up a 3rd for the only deuce floating around in New Orleans that doesn't stink...

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 09:24 PM

LOL I wanted to talk specifically about Roaf and how focused he is-but I didn't really get a chance. I will keep that in mind.

It was funny-he wanted one of my business cards and damm if the only one I happened to have-had two girls numbers on it that I used as a message pad-yeah real professional-lol, so I scratched out the numbers and gave it to him anyway. :) He was laughing about it-very cool guy!

VonneMarie
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
ROFL

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I think you guys will like him a lot. The guy has great speed and is shifty as hell, he just couldn't seem to break a tackle. But the guy is all heart.

Yeah he is Dante size that is for sure. I am much bigger, but there is no way I could tackle that guy-he is too damm fast. Can't hit what you can't catch. PH is pretty compact also-I was surprised when I met him.

PastorMikH
05-03-2006, 09:32 PM

That's surprising for a Denver RB. Were the other RBs using all the Pam before he got a chance at the can?

listopencil
05-03-2006, 09:38 PM
That's surprising for a Denver RB. Were the other RBs using all the Pam before he got a chance at the can?

No, he just didn't seem to effective unless he was playing against a really shitty defense...

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Met a couple today that just moved from Alabama. His Dad is friends with Brodie's Dad. They have had season tickets at Bama his whole life basically.

Said Brodie is the real deal-and has been playing behind a horrible line or he would be a first rounder. Also said he does a ton of work with kids and is a great guy.

Sounds like we might have got a steal.

Kaylore
05-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Q-tip is actually better in pass protection than you'd think. He is shifty, though his injury probably didn't help that. Not the worst running back, He just fumbles too much.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Q-tip is actually better in pass protection than you'd think. He is shifty, though his injury probably didn't help that. Not the worst running back, He just fumbles too much.

Why do you have a pic of Skip as your sig?

Uncle_Ted
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Yeah he is Dante size that is for sure. I am much bigger, but there is no way I could tackle that guy-he is too damm fast. Can't hit what you can't catch. PH is pretty compact also-I was surprised when I met him.

Yeah, when I met Priest I thought "wow man, Priest Holmes has a big f*cking head!" (obscure Charlie Murphy reference)

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, when I met Priest I thought "wow man, Priest Holmes has a big f*cking head!" (obscure Charlie Murphy reference)

LOL not Greg Hill big-but kinda oversized.

Moooo
05-03-2006, 11:03 PM
LOL not Greg Hill big-but kinda oversized.

Speakin of heads, I always thought Derrick Thomas's was very egg-shaped... It always caught me as odd, like it was the result of wearing a helmet that was too small for too many years.

Moooo

Taco John
05-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Quentin Griffin is a class act. It's too bad he doesn't have Barry's toughness, because he's sure got some of his quickness.

Kaylore
05-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Why do you have a pic of Skip as your sig?
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have a picture in my sig.

Halfcan
05-03-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have a picture in my sig.

Whoops Avatar-lol I aint up on this fancy internet mumbo jumbo.

Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Kaylore
05-04-2006, 12:03 AM

I've used Khan as my avatar for years.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 12:06 AM

:hmmm: Umm okay-Rock on dude! :rockon:

Kaylore
05-04-2006, 12:06 AM
:hmmm: Umm okay-Rock on dude! :rockon:
:)

SoCalBronco
05-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Q is a very good kid. He is really humble and really quiet. Every Bronco fan rooted hard for him to succeed. I hope he does well, just not against us. He's a solid person.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Q is a very good kid. He is really humble and really quiet. Every Bronco fan rooted hard for him to succeed. I hope he does well, just not against us. He's a solid person.

Yeah, I hope to talk to him again. Humble is a great description. He has to make our team first before he can run against you guys. You will probably have a good run defense again.

Guru
05-04-2006, 12:46 AM

DAMN YOU KIRK!!!!

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
About the time you came out of the closet?

KCTitus
05-04-2006, 08:37 AM
You mean KC signed the next Barry Sanders? Wow!

Calcountry
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Carl just got him cause he's cheap. If he is our backup RB, we're in trouble if LJ goes down.I thought we already had a good backup RB, Priest Holmes. Or is he gonn pull a Bret Farve on us.

Skip Towne
05-04-2006, 10:12 AM

So, instead of making fun of me you made an ass of yourself. Sounds about right.

Cormac
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty happy with Q being on the team. Obviously it would be great if PH came back, but I doubt that will happen. I think Q could be a good change of pace. And, short of having PH backing up, if LJ goes down we're dicked anyway.

chagrin
05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Is the guy even going to see the field?

chagrin
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM

"With my last breath, I spit at thee"

Excellent film

jlscorpio
05-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one growing tired og Priest's "Mystery Man"/Favre act? $#@! or get off the pot

StcChief
05-04-2006, 11:10 AM

Excellent filmI strike at you from Hell's heart...

Rath of Khan was the best Star Trek movies IMO.

Kaylore
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM

Excellent film
That's the best part of the Avatar. At least once a week you'll elicit all the quotes of them movie onto some thread. It's already happening here, though I'm surprised no one has used the most common one, yet.

Kaylore
05-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Am I the only one growing tired og Priest's "Mystery Man"/Favre act? $#@! or get off the pot
I have a friend who is VERY close to Priest. She told me he will come back and he doesn't want to start. All those flips into the endzone I'd imagine. Anyway, expect him back.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2006, 12:27 PM
I have a friend who is VERY close to Priest. She told me he will come back and he doesn't want to start. All those flips into the endzone I'd imagine. Anyway, expect him back.

interesting ......... and the rumors that he isn't working out AT ALL this offseason?

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 12:47 PM
So, instead of making fun of me you made an ass of yourself. Sounds about right.

LOL I would never make fun of the Greatest Planet Member in History.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM

So we keep Q and PH? They seem so close in style.

Kaylore
05-04-2006, 12:48 PM
interesting ......... and the rumors that he isn't working out AT ALL this offseason?
She didn't say anything about that. She just said that he'd like to come back but has taken a lot of punishment. He loves the team and wants to help out, though. She said he's kind of a recluse and isn't a very social person. Not in a bad way - just keeps to himself.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Looks like we will see a lot of Q in Minicamp and River Falls. I am pulling for the guy.

Coach
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Ask him if Shanahan was a douche, as advertised.

Frankie
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM

I said, "I am glad to get ya, you tore us up last year."

QG-definately a big change, but the fans here are incredible, and he basically feels like it is going to be a great year.

I said-just wait until you get to play at Arrowhead (as a Chief)-I think you are going to love it, coming out to the cheers. As a fan it is awesome to see a game there, but must be unreal as a player.......

He should know he owes us a long TD break against Denver.

Mr. Laz
05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
i like griffin ... i wanted us to draft him on day 2

i still think he has potiential ... good balance,good vision.

if he can learn some patience he may work out for us.

depends on what kind of running game we have now though.

If we are pounding it up the middle then it will work about just about as well as Mike Cloud did.

Halfcan
05-04-2006, 08:57 PM
i like griffin ... i wanted us to draft him on day 2

i still think he has potiential ... good balance,good vision.

if he can learn some patience he may work out for us.

depends on what kind of running game we have now though.

If we are pounding it up the middle then it will work about just about as well as Mike Cloud did.

Hey you, get off of Mike Cloud.

nychief
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
who would you rather have?

DEE Brown or Q-Griff?

I take Q in a heartbeat.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey you, get off of Mike Cloud.
Haa!... Humor! ;)

Frankie
05-06-2006, 12:49 AM
who would you rather have?

DEE Brown or Q-Griff?

I take Q in a heartbeat.
I really like to see this Derrick Ross guy amount to something.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey guys, here is an update.

We played phone tag, but then he came into work. I was with another customer closing a deal. So I called him and he was shopping at the Independence Center for his mom's B-day. Anyway he came in and we might end up doing business. We talked for quite a while. Here are the highlights:

Half: So how are things going with the Chiefs?
Q: Great, just working out at Arrowhead with the trainers and all the guys. He was very sore.

Half: Speaking of that-I hear Roaf has been working out like a madman, what do you think of that guy.
Q:He is huge, you don't realize how big the guy is until you see him-looking forward to running behind him. Said he seems very motivated for a Ring. Called him the best there ever was!!

Half: Have you met Herm, Carl, and Lamar?
Q: Carl of course during contract negotiation, Herm only in the first meeting-(likes him alot, says he is very intense and inspirational, working on the defense mostly-and is leaving the Offense alone) Has not met Lamar-he doesn't come around much.

Half: Have you met PH and is he coming back?
Q: He has not been around-but heard in the locker room, he is coming back!

Half: Are you guys going to the Playoffs? Because it has been forever. We have the best fans in the NFL-you will find that out Season opener-and we are dying for this team to do something.

Q: "You know it is just getting started and all, and I am so new"-but feels Trent Green is one of the best QB's in the league and is there every day working out-has a great work ethic-and is definately the leader of the team. One of the nicest guys he has ever met.

Half: So have you made some new friends, how are you fitting in?

Q: Mostly working out with Dante-they played high school football and have been good friends since they were kids-he really admires Dante and all he has accomplished-DH is looking to have a huge year on special teams-and is totally focused and driven-the whole team is.

Half: Man noone will forget that huge game in Denver against us, you had some huge plays.

Q: Yeah, I have heard a lot about that, don't really remember much of it-I think I scored a few times??

Half: So you don't follow your stats?
Q: No, not at all. Its more of a rhythm thing-you can feel the D starting to bend and over compensate, then you can feel a big run coming. I had a good year going until blowing out my ACL.

Half: Speaking of that-how was the rehab-are you fully recovered?
Q: Yes, and maybe even a stronger runner now. Hardest thing I ever went through-Denver kind of lost interest in me-but he felt like every thing happens for a reason-Glad his hard work led him to KC-LOVES it here!!

Half: Have you met LJ yet?
Q: No, he comes and goes and keeps to himself-doesn't talk to many guys at all. Seems intense and friendly enough-heard he is conditioning a lot and is ready for a big year.

Half: So if PH doesn't return, will we see any sets with you and LJ minus a true Fullback? Like a thunder and lightning?
Q: Yeah they have mentioned stuff like that when he signed, but has to make the cut first. Said the "Sky is the limit" on what they can do behind this line.

Half: So does it hurt to get hit by some of these Robot Linebackers and massive DE's?
Q: Naw, well yes sometimes, if I can't get turned and get ready for impact. Even though I am a little guy, the pads protect me mostly and I try not to let them T-off on me. But yes, these guys keep getting bigger and better conditioned. They get mad after you burn them so many times-but he has delt with that his whole career-Big guys trying to hurt the little guy to prove something.

Half: Well let me know if this deal works for ya, it has been a real pleasure.
Q: No problem, I am going to sleep on it. And the pleasure is all mine, you're a real cool dude.

He talked about his family, his career, and business stuff-that I won't pass on. But I have to say, he is a very humble guy. When I said something about his big games or talent-he just pushed the praise away. He plays football because he loves it, and should be a nice addition to the team.

stumppy
05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the update man.
Lil Stumppy will really appreciate it too. He's been a BIG QG fan.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the update man.
Lil Stumppy will really appreciate it too. He's been a BIG QG fan.

Yeah me too, now. He is very humble and down to earth-I am really rooting for him to make a big comeback.

Just for arguements sake-Q and LJ in the backfield together-how the hell is the D going to cover that? He said he has worked on his pass catching and does not mind going over the middle for tough catches.

chop
05-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah thanks for the update. He sounds like a cool guy. Nothing against him but I hope Priest can come back from the injury. I would feel alot better about the RB depth if that were to happen.

greg63
05-08-2006, 08:55 PM
He talked about his family, his career, and business stuff-that I won't pass on. But I have to say, he is a very humble guy. When I said something about his big games or talent-he just pushed the praise away. He plays football because he loves it, and should be a nice addition to the team.

Just too cool!

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah thanks for the update. He sounds like a cool guy. Nothing against him but I hope Priest can come back from the injury. I would feel alot better about the RB depth if that were to happen.

You would think PH would come around once in awhile though. Q really has heard the same thing we have-sorry no big scoop there. He likes PH a lot though, and said the team would be better with him. Thinks there would still be room for him.

I Formation-LJ, PH, and Q with Slaughter in to block-okay I am dreaming, but there are a lot of posiblities there.

Halfcan
05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Just too cool!

Yeah people at work were like-he is so little, how does he play in the NFL at that size.

I'm like you can't hit what you can't catch.

I tried to ask some insider Nick Athen type questions without seeming like I was interviewing the guy. Maybe Herm will come in next and I can get some real dirt.

C-Mac
05-08-2006, 10:50 PM
This is like having our own Nick Athan but actually being, how might we say.....factual.
:D
Good read Half, keep throwing us the updates!

greg63
05-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah people at work were like-he is so little, how does he play in the NFL at that size.

I'm like you can't hit what you can't catch.

I tried to ask some insider Nick Athen type questions without seeming like I was interviewing the guy. Maybe Herm will come in next and I can get some real dirt.

:thumb:

Halfcan
05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
:thumb:

greg63
05-09-2006, 11:47 PM

:no smilie:

For SNR

Halfcan
05-09-2006, 11:57 PM
:no smilie:

For SNR

Only 30 more :) post and this thread will break a 100.

Q would like that!!

greg63
05-10-2006, 12:12 AM

Q would like that!!

Well what are we sittin around for? In the words of Arsenio(sp): "Let's get busy!" :D

Halfcan
05-10-2006, 12:44 AM
I will probably talk to Q this week, so this thread will get another round.

Rausch
05-10-2006, 01:02 AM

Q would like that!!

Wait, does Q run better pissed off or happy?...

:hmmm:

Halfcan
05-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Wait, does Q run better pissed off or happy?...

I would guess-happy. He seems too nice to get mad. :)

greg63
05-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I would guess-happy. He seems too nice to get mad. :)
In that case Q is da bomb! LJ better look over his shoulder.

Inspector
05-10-2006, 09:04 AM
How did he smell?

Was he able to get the stink washed off?

Is Plummer still trying to get in his pants? (that perv Plummer...)