PDA

View Full Version : What's more important than winning the WOT? Protectiong GWB!

jAZ
05-04-2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/008358.php

(May 03, 2006 -- 11:13 PM EST // link)
We're still checking with the judges. But it seems that Elizabeth Dole, head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee has won the Simon Marshall Award for Unintentional Candor in Presentation of the Republican Message.

It all started earlier this evening when TPM Reader HH was on the receiving end of one of Dole's blast emails begging contributions for the Republican senate committee.

Says Dole, in her pitch: "If Democrats take control of the Senate in '06, they will cancel the Bush tax cuts, allow liberal activist judges to run our courts and undermine all Republican efforts to win the War on Terror. Even worse ..." Now, here you know it's got to be bad. Even I got a little worried and considered sending in some money since losing the War on Terror for America would already be a pretty bad thing for the Democrats to do. But ... well, let's rejoin Dole in mid-moonbat. "Even worse, they will call for endless congressional investigations and possibly call for the impeachment of President Bush!"

And there you have it. Democrats won't stop at surrendering to the terrorists. They'll go as far as investigating President Bush!

That is the election, at least from the vantage point of the White House and the party they control. The president can't afford to lose either house of Congress. Because they've just got too many bad acts and secrets to conceal.

It's even more important than the War on Terror.

-- Josh Marshall

patteeu
05-04-2006, 03:39 AM
I'm sure you thought this was a clever blog entry.

jAZ
05-04-2006, 03:58 AM
I'm sure you thought this was a clever blog entry.
I bet Freud would think so.

Radar Chief
05-04-2006, 08:04 AM
I bet Freud would think so.

Clever? Doubtful, interesting maybe. Interesting in the same way watch’n some kids bicker then try to tattle on each other is an interesting look at human nature, but “clever”. Hardly.

dirk digler
05-04-2006, 09:05 AM
It sounds accurate. I read several articles in the last couple of weeks that this is one of the Republicans biggest fears if the Dems do get control back of Congress.

As the old saying goes...payback is a bitch. :)

Lurch
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Obsess much?

htismaqe
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Obsess much?

What you are doing isn't much better, and it's every bit as annoying.

Lurch
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
What you are doing isn't much better, and it's every bit as annoying.

Sorry. Point made. Just seemed amazing to me, when you do a search of the threads he's started. I'll whip myself later.