PDA

View Full Version : yet another reason we can't wait for september

kcfanXIII
05-04-2006, 03:09 PM
george lucas announces original version of star wars will be available on DVD sept 12. the version will not have added digital effects, or scenes.

i'm sure this will make some of the people who don't like the added stuff happy, and i'm sure some of you won't spend any money on lucas art stuff. but i hear enough grumblings from people that don't like the digitally altered version of the movie i thought it was worthy of a post.

chiefqueen
05-04-2006, 03:27 PM
ANOTHER REASON????????????

I thought this was the ONLY reason.

OH Yeah, the Royals season ends in Sept. (/sarcasm)

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2006, 02:29 PM
There is an official article on StarWars.com, but it seems like it's overloaded right now.

http://digitalbits.com/#original

It's official, folks!

Just hours after we posted our story in The Rumor Mill, the official Star Wars website has now officially confirmed it: Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox are going to be releasing the original, undoctored and digitally-untweaked, theatrical versions of the Star Wars films on standard DVD in September. The films will be available on disc only for a very limited time, starting on September 12th (they'll go out of print on December 31st). The films will be available as individual 2-disc sets (there may also be a box as well). One of the discs in each set will include the recent "2004" special edition version of the film, while the other disc will include the original theatrical version in anamorphic widescreen video, with audio in Dolby Digital 2.0 surround. And yes, on the 2-disc set of A New Hope... Han will shoot first! Here's an official quote from Lucasfilm's Senior Vice President, Jim Ward:

"Over the years, a truly countless number of fans have told us that they would love to see and own the original version that they remember experiencing in theaters. We returned to the Lucasfilm Archives to search exhaustively for source material that could be presented on DVD. This is something that we're very excited to be able to give to fans in response to their continuing enthusiasm for Star Wars."

Well, all I can say is... it's about ___-damned TIME! So much for "those versions don't exist anymore." This is very good news indeed, and we're very happy to see it finally happen. Hats off to George Lucas, Jim Ward and everyone who decided to finally make this a reality on DVD.

And before you ask, it IS DVD only... there's no high-definition version expected this year. Just FYI.

Auld Lang Syne
05-05-2006, 02:31 PM
ANOTHER REASON????????????

I thought this was the ONLY reason.

OH Yeah, the Royals season ends in Sept. (/sarcasm)

6-20 and last in the division.

The Royals seasosn has already ended, they are just going through the motions. This actually gives other teams a break in the action when they play KC, they can rest their regulars and still win the game.

Fire Me Boy!
05-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey, not sure if you can read or not, but this is a Star Wars thread. Stop trying hijack it!

Psyko Tek
05-05-2006, 05:06 PM
HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!

not second, not simultaneously, solo shot greddo first