PDA

View Full Version : Rare Royals Game Thread

ping2000
05-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Royals win. This thread will be repeated in 20 games.

beer bacon
05-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Repeated in five games thank you very much :mad:

CHENZ A!
05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Break out the champagne!

dj56dt58
05-04-2006, 08:56 PM
I think it's nice of the Royals to play a charity baseball game against mentally ill children.

Sure-Oz
05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
1-0, it was such a dead game to watch, our pitching was great but it was combined with the lame offense of the Twins. Our offense looked equally pathetic but Paul Bako like tripled his avg with 2 hits tonight and a RBI. 6-20 record baby.....yawn.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Was really nice to see our pitching prety good throughout the entire game though. Also it was nice to see Affeldt get out of 2 basesloaded jams, and a couple other 2 on no out situations through the game. was an insanely boring game though, and frustrating because menkie whats his face just totally ****ed up a couple opportunities for us to score...

Sure-Oz
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Was really nice to see our pitching prety good throughout the entire game though. Also it was nice to see Affeldt get out of 2 basesloaded jams, and a couple other 2 on no out situations through the game. was an insanely boring game though, and frustrating because menkie whats his face just totally ****ed up a couple opportunities for us to score...
That dudes defense has saved us a ton though, i can't think of a better guy to work with Huber, if huber ever gets off the bench and actually plays....

Jayhawkerman2001
05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
That dudes defense has saved us a ton though, i can't think of a better guy to work with Huber, if huber ever gets off the bench and actually plays....

You are 100% correct my friend, his defense is one of the best in the bigs and his bat isnt usually all that bad, but it was tonight, lol. He is definitely the right guy to help huber out at first. I read an article on kcroyals.com about glass and he said some stuff is about to be done in the next couple a days, i wonder what they have up their sleeve? probably something stupid like bringing up a no named guy from single A or something, lol.

tk13
05-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Affeldt walked too many guys tonight but he got away with it. He is definitely pitching better. It's a shame last Saturday's game got rained out or he'd probably have three wins in a row.

Cochise
05-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Affeldt walked too many guys tonight but he got away with it. He is definitely pitching better. It's a shame last Saturday's game got rained out or he'd probably have three wins in a row.

I was pretty unhappy that I sat out there and got drenched and they called the game off.

It was nice to see a grand slam... except it was one that never happened.... :cuss:

VonneMarie
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM
A win is a win! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Moooo
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
What kills me about the Royals is Glass.

He has one of, if not the lowest payroll in baseball (I didn't check specific numbers for 2006). A team like that isn't going to win.

And we loyal fans are hanging on to the hopes of some magical day going .500 Well then what, you think he's gonna fork out what it takes to go to the playoffs? He feeds us crap like we're children, telling us that "we are dedicated to the youth (cheap player) movement."

I want the MLB to step in so bad and put a minimum payroll on these fools. I'd like a cap also, but come on, that's not going to happen.

Sorry, but I just get soo tired of hoping not to lose 100. I can't take it anymore.

Moooo

hawkchief
05-04-2006, 09:32 PM
What a great win. The Twins are one of the few other AA teams in MLB!

beavis
05-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I'm not ready to start slobbing his knob just yet. Six walks in 5 innings is terrible. If he starts regularly getting to the sixth with 1 or 2, I'll give him his props.

On a semi-related note, is anyone else ready to throw Dessens in the rotation? At this point, what could it really hurt?

Sure-Oz
05-04-2006, 09:37 PM
I'd leave dessens alone, he has been dominant in the role he is in.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-04-2006, 09:40 PM
That umpire tonight had a shitty ass strikezone again, just like last night. There were a couple of instances where affeldt wouldnt have given a walk if the ump was adequate enough.

Sure-Oz
05-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Our offense i think is hte biggest problem, no chemistry at ALL.

Reaper16
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
That umpire tonight had a shitty ass strikezone again, just like last night. There were a couple of instances where affeldt wouldnt have given a walk if the ump was adequate enough.
Silva got some calls on the high end of the zone tonight that were balls for Jeremy, I noticed.

tk13
05-04-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm not ready to start slobbing his knob just yet. Six walks in 5 innings is terrible. If he starts regularly getting to the sixth with 1 or 2, I'll give him his props.

On a semi-related note, is anyone else ready to throw Dessens in the rotation? At this point, what could it really hurt?
Yeah, hopefully he starts learning to trust his stuff. When he's throwing in the strike zone nobody is hitting him. The only way they're having success is through walks. Gotta have confidence.

Jayhawkerman2001
05-04-2006, 09:44 PM
yah it is all our offense mostly why we're losing so much. our pitchers have actually been pitching prety decent lately. if our offense was half decent we'd be maybe 6 or 7 games under .500 at this point.

CHENZ A!
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
anyone hear Reggie's status?