PDA

View Full Version : Favorite television series

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:26 PM
With the release of television shows on DVD we can now spend an infinite amount of time watching old tv series. As much as I loved "Kung Fu" as a kid, I certainly had never seen every episode until the release of the DVDs.

I am, generally speaking, on the verge of being anti-tv (not a moral stance... I just don't find it that interesting) but there is a huuuuuge nostalgia factor for me when watching that show. Additionally, "Caine" is still a geniunely charming character which in most episodes over-rides the inconsistent writing and crappy budget.

Anyway, just wondering...
Who here has seen every single episode of which television series?

Reaper16
05-04-2006, 10:27 PM
House, M.D. (so far)
Chappelle's Show
Ren & Stimpy
etc.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-04-2006, 10:28 PM
not a big t.v watcher but the ones I like are usually right after each other. Right now I'm watching Entourage, Sopranos, Big Love, My name is Earl, and the Office.

Katipan
05-04-2006, 10:29 PM
I've seen every I Love Lucy episode. Only because we didn't have cable when I was growing up.

Every episode of M*A*S*H and The West Wing by choice.

Probably have seen every episode of Married with Children and The Simpsons.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-04-2006, 10:35 PM
If we're talking nostalgia, WKRP in Cincinnati was one of my all time favorites.

OH MY GOD, THEY'RE TURKEYS!!!!!!

ROFL

More recently, Married with Children.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I'm sure I've seen every episode of the original Star Trek and Next Generation. I've also seen every episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.

I can't say with certainty that I've never missed an episode of anything else, although its possible.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
I've seen every I Love Lucy episode. Only because we didn't have cable when I was growing up.

Someone recently gave a some "I Love Lucy" DVDs. I was really curious to see what Ricky was saying all those years.

tk13
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Hmm, that's tough. I don't think I've seen every single episode of Cheers but pretty close. Considering it lasted like 275 episodes that's pretty good.

I have seen every episode of "The Office" so far... I don't forsee that changing anytime soon. It's only been what... 27 episodes so far.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM

The last few years of M*A*S*H were pretty sad. I quit watching completely after Radar left, and it was lame as hell at that point.

The first three seasons of M*A*S*H are among the best comedies ever on TV, right up there with WKRP and Cheers.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
not a big t.v watcher but the ones I like are usually right after each other. Right now I'm watching Entourage, Sopranos, Big Love, My name is Earl, and the Office.
My friend lent me the first two seasons of "The Sopranos". They were pretty good but I don't think I like watching the episodes back-to-back. Cussing and killing started to look normal and blasť.

|Zach|
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
West Wing
Sealab 2021
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Office
Scrubs

leviw
05-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Ummm....

Seinfeld.

Everything else is irrelevant.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:42 PM

I watched a lot of MASH growing up... not every episode but a lot. Do you remember the one where Hawkeye is trying to verify the id of one of the Vietnamese and the guy just says, "I am me" to which Hawkeye responds, "Well, I guess you wouldn't lie about that." Classic.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm sure I've seen every episode of the original Star Trek and Next Generation. I've also seen every episode of the new Battlestar Galactica.

I can't say with certainty that I've never missed an episode of anything else, although its possible.
I have seen a lot of the original "Star Trek" but I am not sure I have seen all of them. It's possible... weren't there only like 3 or 4 seasons of the original?

Frazod
05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Ummm....

Seinfeld.

This may well be the most overrated show in the history of television. I'll never understand how anybody outside of New York City could care about it.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
West Wing
Sealab 2021
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
The Office
Scrubs
I've never seen any of those shows. In fact, I have only heard of one of those shows.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:46 PM
This may well be the most overrated show in the history of television. I'll never understand how anybody outside of New York City could care about it.
Seinfeld to me represents the end of 80s humor and the beginning of 90s humor.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I have seen a lot of the original "Star Trek" but I am not sure I have seen all of them. It's possible... weren't there only like 3 or 4 seasons of the original?

Three. Hard to believe that's all it started with.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Seinfeld to me represents the end of 80s humor and the beginning of 90s humor.

To me it represents a bunch of narcissistic New York assholes.

|Zach|
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Sienfeld is pretty much stale to me these days. I can't sit through them anymore.

tk13
05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Hmm, Seinfeld still cracks me up. I can understand how the characters could really rub people the wrong way though. I find that stuff hilarious, but I have a deranged sense of humor.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, yeah, that is the latest trend in comedies- greedy/ mean/ depraved/ etc. characters with no redeeming qualities acting outrageously. Seriously, look at some of the more recent comedies and think about the characters. I'm not saying it isn't funny but there is definitely a difference between 70s funny (somewhat endearing slacker- think Animal House or Meatballs), 80s funny (goofy beyond belief- think Mannequinn or Police Academy) and 90s funny (depraved- think Wedding Crashers or Bad Santa).

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, yeah, that is the latest trend in comedies- greedy/ mean/ depraved/ etc. characters with no redeeming qualities acting outrageously. Seriously, look at some of the more recent comedies and think about the characters. I'm not saying it isn't funny but there is definitely a difference between 70s funny (somewhat endearing slacker- think Animal House or Meatballs), 80s funny (goofy beyond belief- think Mannequinn or Police Academy) and 90s funny (depraved- think Wedding Crashers or Bad Santa).

I don't mind mean-spirited humor - two of my favorite comedies are Ruthless People and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I don't like Seinfeld because the characters are stuck up and annoying.

Rain Man
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Seinfeld, Cheers, The Simpsons, Barney Miller, Third Rock From The Sun, WKRP in Cincinnati, The Drew Carey Show, Newhart, Malcolm in the Middle, Arrested Development...am I missing any shows?

I know that I haven't seen every episode of Drew Carey, Malcolm, and Arrested Development. As for the others, I think I have. It would be thrilling to no end to stumble upon a new episode of any of them.

The Rick
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
My can't miss TiVo watching lately includes the following:

House
American Idol
Lost
The Office

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Exactly.

I'd go with Cheers or 6 Feet Under...

pikesome
05-04-2006, 11:05 PM
I used to enjoy Night Court alot, after the first season it was a pretty good show.

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Beavis and Butthead.

I think that's the only series I've seen every episode from even a given season.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Beavis and Butthead.

I think that's the only series I've seen every episode from even a given season.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I used to enjoy Night Court alot, after the first season it was a pretty good show.

Agreed. Once Markie :drool: Post joined the show it really took off. And Laroquette was awesome as Dan Fielding.

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:10 PM
I didn't see them all as they were playing, I "liberated" copies of them all (including the 1st season) and watched them when I was bored.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 11:10 PM
I used to watch that show as a kid. I think my favorite episode was when a hooker became infatuated with Harry. She became distraught believing he wouldn't reciprocate the affection and he had to talk her down. To everyone's surprise, Harry did this by saying, "I don't know... maybe I do love her. Who's to say when love begins?" or something like that.

TrickyNicky
05-04-2006, 11:11 PM
My two favorites: Arrested Development and Firefly. Both were doomed by FOX'es crappy station but both were two of the best written and casted television shows in the past 5 years.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
My favorite Night Court was when Fielding lost an election to a candidate who had just died. "THE CORPSE WON!"

Sort of like Asscroft losing to Carnahan in real life. ROFL

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
My favorite Night Court was when Fielding lost an election to a candidate who had just died. "THE CORPSE WON!"

Sort of like Asscroft losing to Carnahan in real life. ROFL

Odd that I remember watching it but can't remember a single moment from the show.

I do remember screaming at the TV for the Judge to bone the Blonde in his quarters.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Odd that I remember watching it but can't remember a single moment from the show.

I do remember screaming at the TV for the Judge to bone the Blonde in his quarters.

Markie.... :drool:

el borracho
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Markie.... :drool:
I was going to try and post a pic but maybe you should just go look for yourself (I don't want to get banned). Type in Markie Post in google image search and check out the first image available.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
I was going to try and post a pic but maybe you should just go look for yourself (I don't want to get banned). Type in Markie Post in google image search and check out the first image available.

Sn00gens!

SFW...

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Markie%20Post.jpg

NSFW...

http://members.fortunecity.com/johnrobinson10/scansp/various/markie%20post.jpg

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
That's exactly how I remember that show.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:25 PM
That's exactly how I remember that show.

I'd still hit it...

http://www.wchstv.com/abc/oddmanout/post.jpg

Simplex3
05-04-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd still hit it...

Hell yeah.

el borracho
05-04-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd still hit it...

If I were going for an older blond I would choose Michelle Pfeifer.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I like this one.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
If I were going for an older blond I would choose Michelle Pfeifer.

Somehow I doubt either of them are among yer available choices.

But we'd both bang either of them...

Jenson71
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't mind mean-spirited humor - two of my favorite comedies are Ruthless People and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I don't like Seinfeld because the characters are stuck up and annoying.

No, you're stuck up and annoying. Seinfeld is great.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM

Markie's 55 now. I unless she's got some Dawn Wells voodoo going on, I seriously doubt if she still looks like that.

Mosbonian
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm the guy who loves comedies...have seen all of the episodes of the following:

WKRP
M*A*S*H
Barney Miller
Cheers
Night Court
Home Improvement
Married With Children

The only drama I have watched from the start is the original "Law & Order"....I can't say which I liked better....Sam Waterston or Michael Moriarity....both played their characters well.

m:mad:dog

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Markie's 55 now. I unless she's got some Dawn Wells voodoo going on, I seriously doubt if she still looks like that.

See post #40...

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM

If I annoy you, then I recommend the IGNORE function, you stupid little f#ck.

Jenson71
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
If I annoy you, then I recommend the IGNORE function, you stupid little f#ck.

Um, like you can ignore Seinfeld? I suppose Roseanne is a great show, as the people are trailor trash...you know, real down to earth.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
See post #40...

Could be worse, I guess.

luv
05-04-2006, 11:40 PM
It's not old, but the first season of NUMB3RS comes out on May 30th. I preordered it at amazon.com. It's on Friday nights, so I haven't seen that many episodes. That's gonna change! :thumb:

Mosbonian
05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Put me down as another vote for wondering what all the infatuation was with "Seinfeld"...I can truly say that I probably watched a total of 5 episodes.

luv
05-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Put me down as another vote for wondering what all the infatuation was with "Seinfeld"...I can truly say that I probably watched a total of 5 episodes.

Soup Nazi, Elaine dancing, and Sponge Worthy. Only three episodes worth remembering.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Um, like you can ignore Seinfeld? I suppose Roseanne is a great show, as the people are trailor trash...you know, real down to earth.

Hey Nancy, spend some time in the sun and thicken that hide up...

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:45 PM

Sorry to dissapoint, but I didn't like that one, either. I like things I actually like, not things I feel I'm supposed to like to fit in with the cool kids. That's called thinking for myself - try it sometime.

And my suggestion was to IGNORE me, idiot. Time to work on those reading comprehension skills.

Mosbonian
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Soup Nazi, Elaine dancing, and Sponge Worthy. Only three episodes worth remembering.

Of those 3 I have only seen Soup Nazi....and it was because I was forced to sit thru it with some other couples at a Saturday night get together...

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM

Elaine is sp00ge worthy.

All that whiney bidge needed was a fella' that could make here eyes spin an' her tongue roll...

Jenson71
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Sorry to dissapoint, but I didn't like that one, either. I like things I actually like, not things I feel I'm supposed to like to fit in with the cool kids. That's called thinking for myself - try it sometime.

And my suggestion was to IGNORE me, idiot. Time to work on those reading comprehension skills.

You're such an ignorant dumbass. You can take your suggestion and shove it.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Could be worse, I guess.

You better snuggle up to the idea of banging a 50 year old, quick... :evil:

el borracho
05-04-2006, 11:49 PM

I wonder if either one needs a 35 year old pool boy?

el borracho
05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Couldn't you take this to one of those other threads currently on the front page?

Mosbonian
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM

Didn't you know....50 is the new 40. And nothing makes a guy more desirable than the AARP discount at Golden Corral. :)

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:52 PM
You're such an ignorant dumbass. You can take your suggestion and shove it.

Did I strike a nerve there, sparky? You gonna cry? Pathetic little bitch. Go crawl in bed with your mommy and daddy - they'll make it alllllllll better.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:54 PM

Actually my wife is 8 years younger than me, so I've got a while.

Asshole. nlm

luv
Didn't you know....50 is the new 40. And nothing makes a guy more desirable than the AARP discount at Golden Corral. :)

I was talking with someone on Monday about how I don't feel like I should be turning 30 this year. He said that 30 is the new 20. I'd say I could be 19 and counting, but no way do I wanna be 19 again.

Jenson71
Did I strike a nerve there, sparky? You gonna cry? Pathetic little bitch. Go crawl in bed with your mommy and daddy - they'll make it alllllllll better.

You only like Casablanca because other people like it. You're probably too ignorant to even understand the background to it.

tk13
ROFL What the heck happened to Jenson. Vicious.

Rausch
05-04-2006, 11:55 PM

I'll beg to differ...

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:57 PM
You only like Casablanca because other people like it. You're probably too ignorant to even understand the background to it.

I saw it on TV when I was 10 and was captivated by it. I'd never seen or heard of it before. The next time it was on I recorded the sound on an old tape recorder and listened to it so much I wore the tape out.

Again, you know NOTHING about ANYTHING, Spanky. Now run along and play with the rest of the toddlers.

Frazod
05-04-2006, 11:58 PM
ROFL What the heck happened to Jenson. Vicious.

Puberty. He's confused.

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:00 AM
I'll beg to differ...

Having an AARP card at Golden Corral is like having an American Express Gold Card in a whorehouse.... ROFL

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:00 AM
I saw it on TV when I was 10 and was captivated by it. I'd never seen or heard of it before. The next time it was on I recorded the sound on an old tape recorder and listened to it so much I wore the tape out.

Again, you know NOTHING about ANYTHING, Spanky. Now run along and play with the rest of the toddlers.

How touching. Let me shed a tear real quick. Spanky, Sparky, are you just going to keep getting more gay with every post?

Frazod
05-05-2006, 12:01 AM
How touching. Let me shed a tear real quick. Spanky, Sparky, are you just going to keep getting more gay with every post?

I'm sure you're already crying, pussy.

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I was talking with someone on Monday about how I don't feel like I should be turning 30 this year. He said that 30 is the new 20. I'd say I could be 19 and counting, but no way do I wanna be 19 again.

Life just started happening in good doses for me ince I reached 30.

luv
05-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I love it when guys fight on the internet. The first line of attack is always trying to convince people that the other one is gay. Chicks always go for fat.

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm sure you're already crying, pussy.

Nice one. When did you become such a flaming homosexual?

Frazod
05-05-2006, 12:05 AM
I love it when guys fight on the internet. The first line of attack is always trying to convince people that the other one is gay. Chicks always go for fat.

Yesterday Coco started f#cking with me out of the blue. Tonight, this noxious little brat takes a swipe at me over nothing. Enough with these idiots.

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:05 AM

No one needs to convince anyone that you're fat.

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:06 AM

When we start talking movies in this place you suddenly turn into Siskel & Ebert, Gene Shalit, and Simon Cowell all rolled into one. You act like you are the only person who truly understands movies and their messages....

Frazod
05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Nice one. When did you become such a flaming homosexual?

:deevee: lil jenson hurt my feelings. I'll have to call off from kindergarten now.

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Having an AARP card at Golden Corral is like having an American Express Gold Card in a whorehouse.... ROFL

Nein.

The grammies' like a guy who can go stiff without a trip to the pharmacy and mean enough to keep the son in law out of their pension... :)

Rausch
I'm going straight to hell...

luv
Nope. That's why that doesn't work on me anymore. :)

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:09 AM

Or that you've got more jewelry on yer' face than a ****ing LA carnie...

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Nein.

The grammies' like a guy who can go stiff without a trip to the pharmacy and mean enough to keep the son in law out of their pension... :)

See....you're thinking 60....

At 50, I don't need a trip to the pharmacy to have the Captain salute, and I have been around long enough to outsmart any son-in-law.

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Yesterday Coco started f#cking with me out of the blue. Tonight, this noxious little brat takes a swipe at me over nothing. Enough with these idiots.

:deevee:

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Nope. That's why that doesn't work on me anymore. :)

Luv, I was just kidding, and I hope you didn't take any offense in what I said. I have no idea of your build, and it wouldn't matter to me anyway, as I find you to be a wonderful poster on the board.

el borracho
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
What the hell? Is everyone around here on some new "gun powder" diet, or something?

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
:deevee: lil jenson hurt my feelings. I'll have to call off from kindergarten now.

What the hell does this even mean?

tk13
05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
What the hell? Is everyone around here on some new "gun powder" diet, or something?
ROFL Shut the hell up! I hope an elephant sits on your face!

luv
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
ROFL

Mosbonian

Nah....I'm drinking more Metamucil to make me regular and less cranky.

Rausch
See....you're thinking 60....

At 50, I don't need a trip to the pharmacy to have the Captain salute, and I have been around long enough to outsmart any son-in-law.

Heh, guess I just shared a little too much...

Frazod
05-05-2006, 12:16 AM
What the hell does this even mean?

That I'd have to be a kindergartener to give a shit about what you think, infant.

Much like Coco, you're a legend in your own mind and nowhere else. Bye bye now.

el borracho
05-05-2006, 12:17 AM
ROFL Shut the hell up! I hope an elephant sits on your face!
ROFL

°Hideputa!

ROFL

luv
05-05-2006, 12:18 AM

I can blame anything on PMS!

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:18 AM

You mean you had ****ing hemorrhoids so bad it kept you off the planet for 2 weeks because you couldn't even sit down after you forgot to take the ****ing fiber ****ing pills during your ****ing carb diet?

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
That I'd have to be a kindergartener to give a shit about what you think, infant.

Much like Coco, you're a legend in your own mind and nowhere else. Bye bye now.

Yet, you demand yourself to reply after each of my posts, with some queer inuendo that doesn't make grammatic sense.

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Yet, you demand yourself to reply after each of my posts, with some queer inuendo that doesn't make grammatic sense.

Now you're just trying to piss me off.

I've spent 6 years in the english dept and every queer in there has perfect grammar.

Well, everyone in there outside of me was queer, but you get my point...

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:24 AM
You mean you had ****ing hemorrhoids so bad it kept you off the planet for 2 weeks because you couldn't even sit down after you forgot to take the ****ing fiber ****ing pills during your ****ing carb diet?

Now that's funny..... ROFL

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Now you're just trying to piss me off.

I've spent 6 years in the english dept and every queer in there has perfect grammar.

Well, everyone in there outside of me was queer, but you get my point...

Which makes Frazod even more special. :drool:

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
I can blame anything on PMS!

In my house PMS stands for Pretty, but Mean as Shit....

luv
05-05-2006, 12:31 AM
In my house PMS stands for Pretty, but Mean as Shit....

o:-)

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Now that's funny..... ROFL

hypothetically...

Mosbonian
05-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Sorry Gang...but I have to get up early tomorrow morning to help the wife with the Neighborhood Garage sale....

Have a good rest of the morning...

luv
05-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry Gang...but I have to get up early tomorrow morning to help the wife with the Neighborhood Garage sale....

Have a good rest of the morning...

Have fun!

ChiefsCountry
05-05-2006, 12:45 AM
New Shows
Family Guy, Simpsons, King of Hill

Old Shows
Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard - wasnt old enough to remember them in the 80's, but they are some really really good tv shows

Rausch
05-05-2006, 12:46 AM
New Shows
Family Guy, Simpsons, King of Hill

Old Shows
Dallas, Dukes of Hazzard - wasnt old enough to remember them in the 80's, but they are some really really good tv shows

Somewhere my mom still has my "Who shot JR?" T-shirt from when I was like 6...

ChiefsCountry
05-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Somewhere my mom still has my "Who shot JR?" T-shirt from when I was like 6...

The greatest cliffhanger in tv history.

Adept Havelock
05-05-2006, 05:50 AM
All in the Family
WKRP
Mash
Quincy M.E.
Night Court
Soap
West Wing
Battlestar Galactica (new version)
Lost

Rausch
05-05-2006, 05:53 AM
All in the Family
WKRP
Mash
Quincy M.E.
Night Court
Soap
West Wing
Battlestar Galactica (new version)
Lost

Soap was the $#it!

Watching Billy Crystal and that cynic Black doorman. Dude, that doorman rocked. Honestly, he's the genesis for all my takes on humor. He kicked all ass...

jidar
05-05-2006, 06:46 AM
The best show ever put on Television is Firefly.

After that honorable mentions to:
Sopranos
Battlestar Galactica
Rome
Family Guy

Rausch
05-05-2006, 06:50 AM

Someone should beat you with a 6 ft long lasagna noodle.

Sopranos
Battlestar Galactica
Rome
Family Guy

The Sopranos writing has been $#it the last two years, and you're obviously not turned off by teh ghey if you're watching Rome.

Why the 6 Under stiff?...

Frazod
05-05-2006, 08:46 AM

For once in your brief and useless life you've made a valid point. So congratulations, you've just joined QuickSsurfer on my IGNORE list. Now when you spout off drivel about how witty, hip and urbane you are just because you've seen hip, witty, and urbane people on TV, I won't have see it.

Goodbye, you living monument to birth control.

DeepPurple
05-05-2006, 09:04 AM
I'll turn 56 in July, so not counting reruns but as best as I can remember, these are the shows I watched when they were new.

1960's - Perry Mason, Combat, Twlight Zone, The Monkees, Laugh-In, Ed Sullivan, Night Gallery, Man from Uncle and Beverly Hillbillies.

1970's - Taxi, Soap, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart and Police Woman.

1980's - Moonlighting, L.A. Law and Newhart.

1990's - Murphy Brown, Law & Order and Seinfeld.

2000's - Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, American Idol and The Apprentice.

Rain Man
05-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Soap was the $#it!

Watching Billy Crystal and that cynic Black doorman. Dude, that doorman rocked. Honestly, he's the genesis for all my takes on humor. He kicked all ass...

There were several great characters on that show. While I really liked Chuck and Bob, I would have to say that Bert Campbell was my favorite overall character.

Frazod
05-05-2006, 09:38 AM
There were several great characters on that show. While I really liked Chuck and Bob, I would have to say that Bert Campbell was my favorite overall character.

My favorite episode was the one where Jody hid Bob in the refrigerator. Chuck clearly couldn't function without Bob and started using a slit grapefruit to talk in Bob's voice. Then Burt opened the refrigerator, saw the dummy and freaked out. Awesome. ROFL

Jenson71
05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
For once in your brief and useless life you've made a valid point. So congratulations, you've just joined QuickSsurfer on my IGNORE list. Now when you spout off drivel about how witty, hip and urbane you are just because you've seen hip, witty, and urbane people on TV, I won't have see it.

So. It doesn't prevent me from laughing at you.

Rain Man
05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
My favorite episode was the one where Jody hid Bob in the refrigerator. Chuck clearly couldn't function without Bob and started using a slit grapefruit to talk in Bob's voice. Then Burt opened the refrigerator, saw the dummy and freaked out. Awesome. ROFL

I remember that episode 25 years later. Hilarious!

The show also had one of the funniest individual throwaway lines I've ever heard. One of the characters was on trial, and they hired an incredibly sleazy lawyer who was doing everything possible to get them off. In court, at one point the prosecuting lawyer was asked to make his case. He stood up and started to go up in front of the judge, and when he passed by the defense table the sleazy lawyer stuck his foot out and tripped him. As the prosecuting attorney stumbled, the defense lawyer said, "Still drinking, eh?"

If I ever go to court, I want a lawyer that works that hard.

BIG_DADDY
05-05-2006, 04:50 PM

ROFL

Katipan
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I'll turn 56 in July, so not counting reruns but as best as I can remember, these are the shows I watched when they were new.

1960's - Perry Mason, Combat, Twlight Zone, The Monkees, Laugh-In, Ed Sullivan, Night Gallery, Man from Uncle and Beverly Hillbillies.

1970's - Taxi, Soap, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart and Police Woman.

1980's - Moonlighting, L.A. Law and Newhart.

1990's - Murphy Brown, Law & Order and Seinfeld.

2000's - Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, American Idol and The Apprentice.

I remember watching perry mason, twilight zone, laugh-in, ed sullivan, and the beverly hillbilllies.

And I wasn't born until 1979 :p

Awesome how long they ran.

Ultra Peanut
05-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, there's the best show ever:

http://random-m.com/images/274621153_adsig.jpg

Auld Lang Syne
05-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I Dream of Jeanie, mostly for Barbara Eden - - - still hot after all these years.
All in the Family
WKRP
Mash
Night Court
Soap
JAG
NCIS
Law and Order
Cold Case

listopencil
05-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I saw it on TV when I was 10 and was captivated by it. I'd never seen or heard of it before.

Same here, I don't remember how old I was. Between 5 and 10.

Adept Havelock
05-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Soap was the $#it!

Watching Billy Crystal and that cynic Black doorman. Dude, that doorman rocked. Honestly, he's the genesis for all my takes on humor. He kicked all ass...He ended up going onto his own spin-off, "Benson". The character was even more cynical than he was on Soap, as he was working for the State Governor.

"Benson" also had Rene Auberjonois as one of the best pompus a$$holes ever.

"Soap" was as much a pioneer in humor as All In The Family was, IMO.

After reading the thread again, I'd have to add in "Taxi" as one of the best ensemble comedies ever. Also, "Newheart", if only for the greatest last episode in a comedy.

KCinNY
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
The Simpsons in the early days.

Anymore it's way too self-reverential and not at all funny.

Logical
05-05-2006, 09:13 PM
All in the Family
MASH
Cheers
Cosby Show
ER
West Wing (this season)
Chicago Hope
Grays Anatomy
CSI
CSI Miami
Numbers
NCIS
Survivor
Boston Legal
The Unit

There are more those are the ones that came immediately to mind.

plbrdude
05-05-2006, 09:22 PM
happy days
all in the family
the jeffersons
sanford and son
perfect strangers
nypd blue
in living color
night gallery
every body loves raymond
house
mythbusters

no particular order there

plbrdude
05-05-2006, 09:25 PM
The greatest cliffhanger in tv history.

who could forget the stupidest plot twist, when bobby woke up and the whole season had been a dream.

Adept Havelock
05-05-2006, 10:18 PM
who could forget the stupidest plot twist, when bobby woke up and the whole season had been a dream.

True, but without it, we never would have had Family Guy's riff on it in their episode "Da Boom". IMO one of FG's funniest gags.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

luv
05-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Who misses PeeWee's Playhouse?

milkman
05-06-2006, 12:58 AM

Is that what he called the Adult movie theatre?

luv
05-06-2006, 01:01 AM
You know, if they digitally remastered all of the original Scooby-Doo cartoons, I might go for that.

chefsos
05-06-2006, 01:03 AM
I did.

But then I realized that I called in inaccurate coordinates for the mortar fire.:evil:

Guru
05-06-2006, 01:18 AM
I did.

But then I realized that I called in inaccurate coordinates for the mortar fire.:evil:

Scared me for a moment there. But then you recovered. :thumb:

greg63
05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Who visits PeeWee's Playhouse?

Fixed your post. :D

greg63
05-06-2006, 01:27 AM
I did.

ROFLROFLROFL

el borracho
05-06-2006, 02:05 AM
I really feel sorry for Paul Rubens. His whole career was ruined because he jacked off in a porno theater. That's just not right. Seriously, who goes to the porn theater and gets offended if they see a dick?

"Oh my god! It's a dick! I had no idea I would see a dick at the porn theater! It's just so inappropriate! Officer, arrest that man!"

el borracho
05-06-2006, 02:11 AM
You know, if they digitally remastered all of the original Scooby-Doo cartoons, I might go for that.
I would definitely give the first season a try. That was my absolute favorite cartoon before they added Scrappy.

I would also like to see Speed Racer and Battle of the Planets, again. And while I'm on the nostalgia trip I would really like to see The Wild Wild West again. I loved those shows as a kid. I wonder if they would still hold any interest or if I have outgrown them completely? I recently bought The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno) which I loved as a kid but it is just unwatchable.

luv
05-06-2006, 02:27 AM
I would definitely give the first season a try. That was my absolute favorite cartoon before they added Scrappy.

I would also like to see Speed Racer and Battle of the Planets, again. And while I'm on the nostalgia trip I would really like to see The Wild Wild West again. I loved those shows as a kid. I wonder if they would still hold any interest or if I have outgrown them completely? I recently bought The Incredible Hulk (Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno) which I loved as a kid but it is just unwatchable.
I used to watch MacGuyver (sp?) with my dad growing up. I loved it. Now, if I run across a rerun, I'm like, "What did I like about this cheesy crap?"

Tribal Warfare
05-06-2006, 03:24 AM
As a kid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ,the cartoon series The Real Ghostbusters, Voltron ,Transformers,Chuck Norris Karate Kommados, Toxic Avenger,Mr.T The Cartoon, and the live action version of The Flash

as an adult not my favorite but I've seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer a shitload, and currently I'm hooked on Smallville

Deberg_1990
05-06-2006, 06:06 AM
My two favorites: Arrested Development and Firefly. Both were doomed by FOX'es crappy station but both were two of the best written and casted television shows in the past 5 years.

I guess i need to check out Arrested Development sometime. I hear great things about it. Ive always loved Jason Bateman too. I think hes always had great comedic timing. He had a show i loved back in the early 80's called "Its your move" where he played a mean spirited teen. Im sure its pretty horrible now.

So many of the shows i loved as a kid are truly horrible now.

Dukes of Hazzard
Fall Guy
Battlestar Galactica
Buck Rodgers
Six Million Dollar Man
V

I think my all time favorite shows are Family Ties, Moonlighting (Seasons 1-3) and ER (Seasons 1-4)

I think most dramatic TV shows lose their momentum after about 4-5 years or so.

CosmicPal
05-06-2006, 09:17 AM
M.A.S.H.
Cheers
WKRP in Cincinnati
Taxi
My Name is Earl
The Office
Arrested Development
Scrubs
The Simpsons
CSI
The Daily Show
Politically Incorrect

and lastly, a show that will sadly most likely be cancelled due to the rampant popularity of reality TV shows over hard-core sitcoms- Sons & Daughters.

Nelson Muntz
05-06-2006, 12:35 PM
The Simpsons in the early days.

Anymore it's way too self-reverential and not at all funny.

Same here. I still watch it and download the new shows but it lost its spark around season 13 or 14 for me. I still watch because everyonce in a while there's a good a show.

Nelson Muntz
05-06-2006, 12:37 PM
So. It doesn't prevent me from laughing at you.

I think you're missing this.

KcMizzou
05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
What the hell? Is everyone around here on some new "gun powder" diet, or something?Not sure what the deal is. The whole front page has turned into the Romper Room.

irishjayhawk
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show (new season is "eh!")
South Park
Family Guy (new season is "ewww, wtf is this" (lately atleast))

JBucc
05-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
South Park
Family Guy (new season is "ewww, wtf is this" (lately atleast))I like about all of those except for Grey's Anataomy and Lost

irishjayhawk
05-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I like about all of those except for Grey's Anataomy and Lost
Have you tried watching LOST (starting with season 1)? Just curious. I myself had been converted mid season 2.

JBucc
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Have you tried watching LOST (starting with season 1)? Just curious. I myself had been converted mid season 2.
I watched the first episode then missed quite a few episodes and when I tried to watch it again I was, well, lost.

KcMizzou
05-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I quit watching Lost shortly after the season one finale. A month between new episodes didn't help... and I was beginning to get the feeling they were just making it up as they went along. It seemed like the writers didn't even know where they were going with it.

It's too bad too, because I really enjoyed it at first. Maybe it's improved since then, I don't know...

Nelson Muntz
05-06-2006, 02:52 PM
I quit watching Lost shortly after the season one finale. A month between new episodes didn't help... and I was beginning to get the feeling they were just making it up as they went along. It seemed like the writers didn't even know where they were going with it.

It's too bad too, because I really enjoyed it at first. Maybe it's improved since then, I don't know...

I've given up on it for now. I'll watch it when Season 2 comes out on DVD. Too long between new shows and missing a show here and there completely ruins it.

Auld Lang Syne
05-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
South Park
Family Guy (new season is "ewww, wtf is this" (lately atleast))

I like all of those except:
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show
South Park
Family Guy

irishjayhawk
05-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I like all of those except:
Prison Break
Grey's Anatomy
House M.D.
Lost
That 70s Show
South Park
Family Guy
That's cool.

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 06:52 PM
My Name is Earl
"You pull 'em up, and I'm poopin' in 'em.

Funniest line on TV in a while.
Actual coffee, . . . out the nose.

JBucc
05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
"You pull 'em up, and I'm poopin' in 'em.

Funniest line on TV in a while.
Actual coffee, . . . out the nose.bet that stung

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Shows I think I've seen every episode of [not counting short-lived shows, like Firefly, Tru Calling, Wonderfalls, or new shows in their first season];

Friends
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
NYPD Blue
Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Law and Order [and it's progeny, SVU, CI, TBJ, and the new one, Conviction]
Lost
Medium
Grey's Anatomy
House
CSI NY and Miami [got to the party late, re: the original]
Gilmore Girls
The Shield
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Entourage
Dead Like Me
The Daily Show
South Park

Scrubs and Veronica Mars were in there until Wednesday became impossibly congested. I mean, Lost, Criminal Minds, The Unit, Scrubs and Veronica Mars all on at the same time? WTF!!!!!
I mean, why not put The Gilmore Girls on the WB, The Shield on FX, This Old House on Public TV, The Sopranos on HBO and a Chiefs game all on there too?!?!?!

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Kung Fu was a favorite of mine as well. I have all the DVDs. MASH was my all time favorite show of all time, regardless of genre. My other favorites (in no particular order):

Taxi, Hogan's Heroes, Barney Miller, The Odd Couple (the first few seasons), Mission Impossible, Star Trek TNG (although Mr Spock is my all time favorite TV character), Wiseguy, Paper Chase, Secret Agent (aka Dangerman), Maverick, Rawhide, Mannix, Kojak, The Untouchables, Tales of the Gold Monkey (unfortunately short-lived), Tour of Duty.

There's more, I'm sure. But that's the top tier ones in my book. There are many shows that would be second tier. But it would make for too long a list.

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:05 PM
bet that stung
Saw that chick's dad and Randy wrasslin' and figured "I'll take a sip, what could it hurt?"

Gonzo
05-06-2006, 07:06 PM
MATLOCK!

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:07 PM
House, M.D. (so far)
Chappelle's Show
Ren & Stimpy
etc.
I love House. I don't know how they get away with keeping me interested in watching the same damn story every week. But they do.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Ummm....

Seinfeld.

Overrated. I've watched scattered rerun episodes and they are funny enough. But nothing to make me plan ahead to watch it.

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I love House. I don't know how they get away with keeping me interested in watching the same damn story every week. But they do.
Maybe it's the little ways they change it up, like Cameron channeling the Big Man himself, chewing out Cuddy on Weds.
Just when you thought she couldn't get hotter.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:11 PM
ROFL
Great minds?
;)

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Maybe it's the little ways they change it up, like Cameron channeling the Big Man himself, chewing out Cuddy on Weds.
Just when you thought she couldn't get hotter.
Here's the basic plot of every House episode:

1- The patient has some unexpected symptoms.
2- House and the team get involved and keep going backwards until the patient has deteriorated whithin minute of death.
3- House is an a$$hole to everybody including the patient. He is accused by his colleagues of not caring about the patient but his own satisfaction of triumph.
4- Some last minute desperate conversation turns on the light in House's head.
5- He runs over and searches every inch of the near death patient's body disregarding everyone's objection. He finds a common disregarde cause for the malady. He removes it and saves the patient.

BUT...

I love this show.

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:23 PM

2- House and the team get involved and keep going backwards until the patient has deteriorated whithin minute of death.
3- House is an a$$hole to everybody including the patient. He is accused by his colleagues of not caring about the patient but his own satisfaction of triumph.
5- He runs over and searches every inch of the near death patient's body disregarding everyone's objection. He finds a common disregarde cause for the malady. He removes it and saves the patient.

BUT...

I love this show.
Yeah, like people got tired of Columbo saying "If you don't mind, sir. Just one more question. . ."

;)

milkman
05-06-2006, 07:25 PM
With the release of television shows on DVD we can now spend an infinite amount of time watching old tv series. As much as I loved "Kung Fu" as a kid, I certainly had never seen every episode until the release of the DVDs.

As a high school kid, I watched every episode of Kung Fu, except for the series finale, and to this day have never seen that episode.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 07:27 PM
This may well be the most overrated show in the history of television. I'll never understand how anybody outside of New York City could care about it.The setting may have been in NYC, but that had LITTLE to do with the humor. Overrated? Hardly...

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 07:28 PM
I don't like Seinfeld because the characters are stuck up and annoying.
ROFL That was part of their charm.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 07:31 PM

Sopranos
Battlestar Galactica
Rome
Family Guy
Rome? I didn't know we were allowed mini-series. If so, "I, CLAUDIUS" baby! :thumb:

DJJasonp
05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Married with Children
Just Shoot Me
Family Guy
Sopranos

For nostalgia's sake:

Sledgehammer
Get a Life (chris Elliot project)

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Soup Nazi, Elaine dancing, and Sponge Worthy. Only three episodes worth remembering.The contest...
:whackit:

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Married with Children
Just Shoot Me
Family Guy
Sopranos

For nostalgia's sake:

Sledgehammer
Get a Life (chris Elliot project)
You caught those final gasp episodes of Just Shoot Me, where they'd show up unannounced on some random night after another 2 month 'hiatus?'

That's dedication.

Baby Lee
05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
The contest...
:whackit:
BCD: "I'M OUT!!!!"

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 07:55 PM
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 08:11 PM
I like about all of those except for Grey's Anataomy and LostGrey's is an excellent show. Great writers.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:39 PM
As a kid Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ,the cartoon series The Real Ghostbusters, Voltron ,Transformers,Chuck Norris Karate Kommados, Toxic Avenger,Mr.T The Cartoon, and the live action version of The Flash

as an adult not my favorite but I've seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer a shitload, and currently I'm hooked on Smallville
And we like you despite your taste!:p

seabass88
05-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Grey's is an excellent show. Great writers.
Agreed.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Based on the premise I wanted to watch it. But I just can't commit time to a "continuing story" series. Is it as good as I've heard?

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:43 PM

thanks. Answers my question. So "Lost" won't be "Missed" in my life.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, like people got tired of Columbo saying "If you don't mind, sir. Just one more question. . ."

;)
True. But as much as I loved Peter Falk, I could never get into Columbo.

luv
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
SMURFS!

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
As a high school kid, I watched every episode of Kung Fu, except for the series finale, and to this day have never seen that episode.
Haven't missed much. Was not the peak of that show's quality, as I recall. The show had gotten TOO mystical. Had already jumped the shark, IMO. I'm glad they ended it before it got too silly. I have the DVDs. But I havent watched them yet. Maybe when I watch the finale I'll change my mind.

Frankie
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
My second tier favorites? :hmmm: :

Rockford Files, The Big Valley, All in the family, Soap, Both Newhart shows, MTM, .... :hmmm:

irishjayhawk
05-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes. I would recommend starting from season 1, and watching the dvds (no commercials and breaks) and now, just wait for the season 2 dvd OR download the tv eps.

ImAWalkingCorpse
05-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Married With Children, without a doubt.

luv
05-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Did I mention I'm getting the first season of NUMB3RS? Not a really popular show, but I like it. Can't wait to get it!

jspchief
05-06-2006, 10:39 PM
13 pages and not single mention of Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, or ER. :shake:

Earl and The Office are the only "can't miss" shows for me now, although I'm getting into Battlestar Galactica. I have to admit I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of Friends. I practically failed out of college because USA Network played Rockford Files at times that conflicted with my class schedule.

BigMeatballDave
05-06-2006, 11:03 PM
BCD: "I'M OUT!!!!"
ROFL :clap:

irishjayhawk
05-06-2006, 11:37 PM
13 pages and not single mention of Miami Vice, Hill Street Blues, or ER. :shake:

Earl and The Office are the only "can't miss" shows for me now, although I'm getting into Battlestar Galactica. I have to admit I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of Friends. I practically failed out of college because USA Network played Rockford Files at times that conflicted with my class schedule.
I think ER was mentioned once or twice, jsp. :P

Frankie
05-07-2006, 07:12 AM
Did I mention I'm getting the first season of NUMB3RS? Not a really popular show, but I like it. Can't wait to get it!
That's another show I "planned' to watch but never got to. :(

(Can I come and watch your DVDs?)

Katipan
05-07-2006, 08:34 AM
I watched a lot of MASH growing up... not every episode but a lot. Do you remember the one where Hawkeye is trying to verify the id of one of the Vietnamese and the guy just says, "I am me" to which Hawkeye responds, "Well, I guess you wouldn't lie about that." Classic.

giggle

DeepPurple
05-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Someone posted Matlock and it made me remember, in the 1960's I need to add the Andy Griffith Show, I don't think that has been listed. Also in the 60's, Alfred Hitchcock Presents. In the 1970's I want to add the three shows that rotated in the same NBC timeslot, that's Columbo, McMillan & Wife and McCloud. In 1980's I'll add Miami Vice, and for late night in the pre-SNL days, I'll add Midnight Special. During the first couple of years when Wolfman Jack was the only host they had live on stage everyone from Steely Dan to ELO to Savoy Brown to Uriah Heep. Then they added Helen Reddy as co-host and the typical act was Gladys Knight & the Pips and Helen Reddy would sing her latest whatever. After a couple of years of that, Saturday Night Live made it's debut.

el borracho
05-07-2006, 12:03 PM
giggle
I'm confused. Why is that funny?

jspchief
05-07-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm confused. Why is that funny?Do you know what war MASH took place in?

4th and Long
05-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Do you know what war MASH took place in?
Maybe he think the Koreans and Vietnamese all look alike and he got confused?

Baby Lee
05-27-2006, 07:49 AM

BUT...

I love this show.
From the look of the season finale, the writers may be aware of those conventions and willing to bend them in on themselves.

CoMoChief
05-27-2006, 08:08 AM
These are my Favorites...

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Entourage
The Office
Arrested Development
Family Guy
Seinfeld